• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Anime Awards 2018 - (VOTING CLOSED IN ALL CATEGORIES)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I said it as a joke

keepitsimple

site of lies
Here are those results you wanted I guess lol. @Dragalge is doing the member categories

Favorite Hero/Heroine (main character) from SM: Kiawe
Favorite Villain from SM: Viren
Favorite Character Of The Week from SM: Pikarla
Favorite Pokemon Of The Week from SM: Oranguru
Favorite Supporting Character from SM: Kukui
Favorite Rival from SM (if applicable): Gladion
Favorite (Human) Character from SM: Lillie
Favorite (Pokémon) Character from SM: Ash's Lycanroc
Favorite Episode from SM: Where Regions Collide
Favorite Battle from SM: Ash vs Misty
Favorite Island Trial from SM: Ash vs Olivia

Favorite movie: Spell of the Unown: Entei
Favorite movie exclusive good guy/girl: Jack Walker, Sir Aaron
Favorite movie exclusive bad guy/girl: Molly
Favorite Legendary/mythical Pokémon from a movie: Mewtwo

Favorite Hero/Heroine (main character) from a Past Saga (humans): Dawn
Favorite Villain from a Past Saga: Hunter J
Favorite Rival from a Past Saga (humans): Paul
Favorite (Human) Supporting Character (Gym Leaders, Champions, Family Members, Todd Snap, etc.) from Past Sagas: Cynthia
Favorite Pokémon from OS: Ash's Charizard
Favorite Pokémon from AG: Ash's Sceptile
Favorite Pokémon from DP: Ash's Infernape
Favorite Pokémon from BW: Ash's Krookodile
Favorite Pokémon from XY: Ash's Greninja
Favorite Overall Battle (non-Contest battles) from a Past Saga: Ash vs Paul Sinnoh League
Favorite Contest Battle from a Past Saga: Dawn vs May
Favorite episode from OS: Gotta Catch Ya Later!
Favorite episode from AG: Pace - The Final Frontier!
Favorite episode from DP: Battling A Thaw In Relations!
Favorite episode from BW: The Dream Continues!
Favourite episode from XY: Championing A Research Battle!
Favorite Past Saga: XY

Favorite Japanese Opening Theme: XY&Z, The Greatest Everyday
Favorite Japanese Ending Theme: Dream Dream
Favorite Japanese Movie Ending Theme: Oración's Theme ~Let's Walk Together~
Favorite Japanese Movie Score: As Long As I Can Hold My Breath

Favorite TR member: James
Favorite Human Character in the entire anime: Ash
Favorite Pokemon in the entire anime: Ash's Rowlet
Favorite Episode in the entire anime: Battling A Thaw In Relations!

Multiple results in the same category means there was a tie

Last edited:

Genaller

Silver Soul
Lol at Rowlet winning fave Pokémon in the whole series.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Lol at Rowlet winning fave Pokémon in the whole series.
Who needs flying fake fire dragons to turn heads on a Pokémon forum? Rowlet’s got his bright smile!

Also for those who nominated for more than one person in a category, either change your votes to one person or I don’t count them! And I’ll be VMing each of you that did to get out the message more! keepitsimple’s orders!

(I'll give you until February 12th, 2019 at 9:00 P.M. EST to do so)

keepitsimple

site of lies
*also applies to anyone who nominated more than one thread/post in a category. i'd say you should give them about a week to edit and then post the results, skipping over any multiple noms

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Most Informed/Intelligent Member: @Dephender
Best Speculator: @Golden_Latias
Most Contributing/Active Member: @shoz999
Funniest/Most Entertaining Member: @keepitsimple
Craziest/Most “Out There” Member: @Zoruagible
Nicest/Friendliest Member: @xEryChan
Best Debater: @Darthlord7

Best Newcomer (joined in the last year): @Ignition
Best Old Timer (joined 5 years ago or longer): @Pokegirl Fan~
Most Missed Member (someone who has been gone for over a year): God knows

Biggest Fan of the Original Series:mad:TheWanderingMist
Biggest Fan of the Advanced Series: @PokemonBattleFanatic-
Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: @Darthlord7
Biggest Fan of the Best Wishes Series: @AshxSatoshi
Biggest Fan of the XY Series: @345ash-greninja
Biggest Fan of the Sun and Moon Series: @DatsRight

Best Quote/Post: TBD
Best Thread: Versus Thread https://forums.serebii.net/threads/versus-thread.661805/

Member of the Year 2018: @Pokegirl Fan~

Genaller

Silver Soul
Dude you could’ve just edited your initial post (unless Drag told you to repost in which case never mind).

Last edited:

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Favorite Character Of The Week from SM: Pikarla
Since I only watch the dub I guess I'll find out who she is next week but now I'm even more excited for next week's episode if she's just that good of a character to win this category.

Genaller

Silver Soul
@Dragalge feel free to post the member results whenever. You’ve given more than enough time for members to edit out multiple noms for a single category.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Did my final edit
Members' awards:
Most Informed/Intelligent Member: Lord Trollbias
Most Contributing/Active Member: Pokegirl Fan~
Funniest/Most Entertaining Member: keepitsimple
Nicest/Friendliest Member: Pokegirl Fan~
Best Debater: Navin
Most Missed Member (someone who has been gone for over a year): Navin

Biggest Fan of the Original Series: pokemon fan 132
Biggest Fan of the Advanced Series: Navin
Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Xenon Blue
Biggest Fan of the Best Wishes Series: satopi
Best Thread: https://forums.serebii.net/threads/paul-vs-alan.652590/
Member of the Year 2018: Pokegirl Fan~

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I FINALLY got them done! Even a potential stomach bug will not slaughter the illuminating light known as...Dragalge!

Here are the winners! You know, champions & all that!

Most Informed/Intelligent: @Dephender
Best Speculator: A tie between @Golden_Latias and @Satomine Night
Most Contributing/Active Member: @shoz999
Funniest/Most Entertaining Member: @keepitsimple
Craziest/Most “Out There” Member: @AuraChannelerChris
Nicest/Friendliest Member: @xEryChan
Best Debater: @Genaller

Best Newcomer (joined in the last year): @Ignition
Best Old Timer (joined 5 years ago or longer): @Pokegirl Fan~
Most Missed Member (someone who has been gone for over a year): @Omegaz

Biggest Fan of the Original Series: @pokemon fan 132
Biggest Fan of the Advanced Series: A tie between @Alola Adventurer and @PokemonBattleFanatic-
Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: A tie between @Darthlord7 and @TheWanderingMist
Biggest Fan of the Best Wishes Series: @satopi
Biggest Fan of the XY Series: Terrance aka @345ash-greninja
Biggest Fan of the Sun and Moon Series: @DatsRight

Best Quote/Post: Dis one from @Genaller!

No. The direction that SM has taken for the anime is the antithesis of my preferred direction for the series. @Epicocity bascially nailed it with respect to what the root of this saga’s problems are.

I’m honestly not sure where this essay/rant is going to go and it probably won’t be all that structured unlike many of my other essays on this forum. For some background I’m someone who fairly recently quit having an active investment in SM and only intend to watch the episodes involving battle/power scaling feats for Ash’s Pokémon out of a sense of obligation since I have an obsession with giving all of Ash’s Pokémon battle viability ratings.

To start off with I can’t stand to look at Ash though surprisingly most of his “softer” features aren’t the problem; it’s those oversized deformed Z marks. I’m not quite sure whether it’s because they’re oversized or asymmetric, but I feel very unpleasant (like my brain is malfunctioning) every time I’m forced to look at those atrocities plastered to Ash’s face. More generally speaking the character and Pokémon designs are simpler in SM to allow for more fluid animation though frankly I find the increase in fluidity granted by this simplification to not be worth the loss of the more detailed artstyle in the slightlest.

More importantly it seems that the focus of animation has shifted from battles to slice of life making it more apparent that this isn’t my kind of series. It’s not that I inherently dislike series that don’t put focus on battles. Battles in OS Kanto would be an utter joke by modern standards though I still enjoyed that series due to its great sense of humor and character/Pokémon chemistry. On the other hand the sort of “comedy” SM offers made me groan and cringe instead of smile and laugh.

As for our major characters overall I feel quite apathetic towards them. Kiawe’s focus episodes were easily the most engaging (comparatively) though sadly he’s criminally underused. I’ll admit that I’ve grown to like Lana more than my initial impression of her where I thought she was Misty but without the tsundere and actually wouldn’t mind seeing her dream he fulfilled which seems very possible given how tied it is to Primarina’s Z-move it seems to be though sadly she’s also underused. Lillie on the other hand is someone whom I had high expectations for. I really enjoyed her character arc in the games, but this was completely butchered in the anime yet it’s clear that she’s still being pushed as the most important companion. I also had hopes that she could be the first female lead to do a gym/trial quest though it’s clear that with the time remaining coupled with the lack of focus on battles that this is never happening. Overall anime Lillie has been extremely disappointing. Mallow and Sophocles evoke so much apathy in me that I can’t even be bothered to write about my problems with them.

Now as many of you know I’m someone that is heavily invested in Ash’s progression as both a trainer and person. I’m not saying that everyone needs to still be invested in this aspect of the series or even whether they should be, but know that this is and always will be the most important aspect of the Pokémon anime for me and with the premise that Ash is supposed to be gradually progressing (both trainer and character wise) throughout the show in mind, SM just like BW is objective trash. Now to be clear the problems that both these variants of Ash had are far from identical. In certain aspects SM Ash isn’t as horrendous as BW Ash (such as battle competency though he’s still pretty bad compared to DP and XY Ash) though in others (character consistency with respect to his past selves) he’s far worse than BW Ash. SM Ash even more so than BW Ash feels like a husk of flesh that the writers inject character traits into in order to fit whatever narrative they’re telling at the time.

I’m not sure which show I dislike more between SM and BW, but I will say this; while BW’s betrayal of Ash’s progression stings a lot more than SM, I could at least sense that “the spirit of Pokémon” was alive and well in BW; however, I sense nothing of the sort from SM.

If XY was the series that restored my hope in the anime, then SM is the series that fizzled most of it out again and has left me on the edge with the gen 8 series being the decisive factor with regards to what side I land on (renewed hope for the show or complete loss of hope and investment in it). Who knew that a show as light hearted as SM could induce such utter despair within me (with regards to the anime’s future) :-(.
Best thread: https://forums.serebii.net/threads/...iters-to-go-about-writing-the-8th-gen.662461/ by @Power Up

Member of the Year 2018: @LilligantLewis

I would say exciting results overall! See you next year provided a rogue planet doesn't crush Earth by the time this starts again! =D

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Alright, you're all going down.

Congratulations to everyone else who won, though.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Oh I won Best Newcomer. Thanks for the votes guys. The past year has been a wild ride with all the speculatiom, rants, debates, and discussions but it was an overall great experience. Most of the enjoyment come from the reactions not the actual anime lol

Status
Not open for further replies.