• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Anime Awards 2019 - Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Pokémon PM19 anime categories:
Favorite Character Of The Week from PM19:
Favorite Pokemon Of The Week from PM19:
Favorite Supporting Character from PM19:
Favorite (Human) Character from PM19:
Favorite (Pokémon) Character from PM19:
Favorite Episode from PM19:
Favorite Battle from PM19:

Movie awards:
Favorite movie: The Power of Us
Favorite movie exclusive good guy/girl: Jack Walker
Favorite movie exclusive bad guy/girl: Annie
Favorite Legendary/mythical Pokémon from a movie: Virus Groudon

Past Saga Awards (OS-SM):
Favorite Hero/Heroine (main character) from a Past Saga (humans): Ash
Favorite Villain from a Past Saga: Bryony
Favorite Rival from a Past Saga (Human): Paul
Favorite Rival from a Past Saga (Pokemon): Gladion's Midnight Lycanroc
Favorite Supporting Character (Gym Leaders, Champions, Family Members, Todd Snap, etc.) from Past Sagas: Alexa
Favorite COTD from Past Sagas: the poacher who became the coffee shop owner in DP165
Favorite POTD from Past Sagas: Lewis's Lilligant (BW59-60)
Favorite Team Rocket Member: Pierce
Favorite Team Rocket Pokemon: Delibird
Favorite Overall (Human) Character from a Past Saga (Name up to 6): Ash, Dawn, May, Bonnie, Bianca, Professor Kukui
Favorite Pokémon from OS: Bayleef
Favorite Pokémon from AG: Sceptile
Favorite Pokémon from DP: Piplup
Favorite Pokémon from BW: Sunglasses Krookodile!
Favorite Pokémon from XY: Goodra
Favorite Pokémon from SM: Dusk Lycanroc
Favorite Overall (Pokémon) Characters from a Past Saga (Name up to 6): Piplup, Pikachu, Sceptile, Bayleef, Charizard, Dusk Lycanroc
Favorite Overall Battle (non-Contest battles) from a Past Saga (Up to 3): Ash vs. Professor Kukui 4-parter, Ash vs. Gladion League final, Ash vs. Paul 3-parter
Favorite Contest Battle from a Past Saga: May vs. Drew Indigo Plateau
Favorite episode from OS: Rage of Innocence
Favorite episode from AG: The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing!
Favorite episode from DP: Flint Sparks the Fire!
Favorite episode from BW: Secrets from out of the Fog!
Favorite episode from XY: All Eyes on the Future!
Favorite episode from SM: Enter the Champion!

Music Awards:
Favorite Japanese Opening Theme: The Greatest - Everyday!
Favorite Japanese Ending Theme:
Favorite Japanese Movie Ending Theme:
Favorite Japanese Movie Score: Darkrai's theme

Favorite English Opening Theme: Believe in Me
Favorite English Ending Theme: The Road to Viridian City
Favorite English Movie Ending Theme: Cele-B-R-A-T-E
Favorite English Movie Score: Lugia's Song

Overall:
Favorite Human Character in the entire anime: Ash
Favorite Pokemon in the entire anime: Piplup
Favorite Episode in the entire anime: Enter the Champion!
Favorite Past Saga: DP

Members' awards:

Most Informed/Intelligent Member: @Dephender
Best Speculator: @dman_dustin
Most Contributing/Active Member: @ShadowForce720
Funniest/Most Entertaining Member: @AuraChannelerChris
Craziest/Most “Out There” Member: @shoz999
Nicest/Friendliest Member: @mehmeh1
Best Thread (must have been posted in 2019): He's Born! The Alolan League Winner!! (1082)
Best Debater: @VoltTacklingPika

Best Newcomer (joined in the last year): @SerGoldenhandtheJust
Best Old Timer (joined 5 years ago or longer): @Dragalge
Most Missed Member (someone who has been gone for over a year): @Omegaz

Biggest Fan of the Original Series: @pokemon fan 132
Biggest Fan of the Advanced Series: @Alola Adventurer
Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: @WhiteBlair
Biggest Fan of the Best Wishes Series: @satopi
Biggest Fan of the XY Series: @janejane6178
Biggest Fan of the Sun and Moon Series: @Lord Starfish
Member of the Year 2019: @Ignition

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Bugging

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Before I post the results, I must say that these winners are as so because some didn't follow the rules! Here's a tiny breakdown: If your vote didn't count it's because you voted more than one thing when not applicable so I ignored them (doesn't exclude your other votes that did follow the rules). Also, for simplicity's sake I merged all the Ash votes into one singular...Ash (meaning stuff like DP Ash or SM Ash are all combined together). I know you got your preferences as do I but again, to make things easier!

Ahem, now for the results!

Pokémon PM19 anime categories:
Favorite Character Of The Week from PM19: Colorvar
Favorite Pokemon Of The Week from PM19: Gengar
Favorite Supporting Character from PM19: Koharu
Favorite (Human) Character from PM19: Ash
Favorite (Pokémon) Character from PM19: Ash’s Dragonite
Favorite Episode from PM19: PM012: Dynamax Battle! Leon, The Greatest of Them All!
Favorite Battle from PM19: Lance vs Leon (PM012)

Movie awards:
Favorite movie: Pokemon the Movie 3: Spell of the Unown
Favorite movie exclusive good guy/girl: Melody
Favorite movie exclusive bad guy/girl: Zero
Favorite Legendary/mythical Pokémon from a movie: Mewtwo (M01) I assume that’s the Mewtwo that’s specified since no one likes the M16 Mewtwo

Past Saga Awards (OS-SM):
Favorite Hero/Heroine (main character) from a Past Saga (humans): Dawn
Favorite Villain from a Past Saga: Pokemon Hunter J
Favorite Rival from a Past Saga (Human): Paul
Favorite Rival from a Past Saga (Pokemon): Paul’s Electivire
Favorite Supporting Character (Gym Leaders, Champions, Family Members, Todd Snap, etc.) from Past Sagas: Cynthia
Favorite COTD from Past Sagas: A 3-way tie between Giselle, Samurai, and Mallow’s Mother
Favorite POTD from Past Sagas: Gastly (Ghosts of Maiden’s Peak) and Dia’s Zeraora
Favorite Team Rocket Member: James
Favorite Team Rocket Pokemon: Jessie’s Wobbuffet and James’ Cacnea
Favorite Overall (Human) Character from a Past Saga (Name up to 6 Well seven winners because of the results): Dawn, Brock, Kiawe, May, & a 3-way tie between Ash, Paul, and Lillie
Favorite Pokémon from OS: Ash’s Charizard
Favorite Pokémon from AG: Ash’s Sceptile
Favorite Pokémon from DP: Ash’s Infernape
Favorite Pokémon from BW: Ash’s Krookodile
Favorite Pokémon from XY: Ash’s Greninja
Favorite Pokémon from SM: Ash’s Lycanroc
Favorite Overall (Pokémon) Characters from a Past Saga (Name up to 6): Ash's Rowlet, Ash’s Infernape, Ash’s Charizard, Ash’s Lycanroc, 4-way tie between Ash’s Krookodile, Sceptile, Incineroar, and Team Rocket’s Meowth
Favorite Overall Battle (non-Contest battles) from a Past Saga (Up to 3): Ash vs Paul (Sinnoh League), Ash vs Kukui (Alola League), Ash vs Sawyer (Kalos League)
Favorite Contest Battle from a Past Saga: A tie between Dawn vs May (Wallace Cup) and Dawn vs Zoey (Sinnoh Grand Festival)
Favorite episode from OS: A 3-way tie between Ghost of Maiden’s Peak, Pokemon, I Choose You!, and The Island of Giant Pokemon
Favorite episode from AG: Pace – The Final Frontier
Favorite episode from DP: Battling a Thaw in Relations!
Favorite episode from BW: The Fires of a Red-Hot Reunion!

Favorite episode from XY: Forming a More Perfect Union!
Favorite episode from SM: From Z to Shining Z!

Music Awards:
Favorite Japanese Opening Theme: Your Adventure and Spurt!
Favorite Japanese Ending Theme: Type: Wild
Favorite Japanese Movie Ending Theme: Oracion Theme – Let’s Walk Together and Ice Cream Syndrome
Favorite Japanese Movie Score: Mewtwo’s Theme

Favorite English Opening Theme: Pokemon
Favorite English Ending Theme: A 3-way tie between Pokerap, Two Perfect Girls, and The Road to Viridian City
Favorite English Movie Ending Theme: We’re Coming Home and Cele-B-R-A-T-E
Favorite English Movie Score: Lugia’s Song

Overall:
Favorite Human Character in the entire anime: Ash Ketchum
Favorite Pokemon in the entire anime: Ash’s Charizard
Favorite Episode in the entire anime: A 3-way tie between Ghosts of Maiden’s Peak, Battling a Thaw in Relations!, and From Z to Shining Z!
Favorite Past Saga: AG (includes Battle Frontier too)

Members' awards:

Most Informed/Intelligent Member: Dephender
Best Speculator: lolipiece
Most Contributing/Active Member: shoz999
Funniest/Most Entertaining Member: Dragalge
Craziest/Most “Out There” Member: AuraChannelerChris
Nicest/Friendliest Member: Bortgreen
Best Thread (must have been posted in 2019): A tie between Non-popular opinions thread (AshxSatoshi) and SM138 Review Thread (Serebii)
Best Debater: Genaller

Best Newcomer (joined in the last year): A tie between Sham and Emboar_Rulez
Best Old Timer (joined 5 years ago or longer): Dragalge
Most Missed Member (someone who has been gone for over a year): pokemon fan 132, swampsperts, Eggbert, and Omegaz

(One is a cute baby chicken and the other's not a regular post but because of this tie, I let it slide this one time! If not Eggbert would be upset!)

Biggest Fan of the Original Series: pokemon fan 132
Biggest Fan of the Advanced Series: Alola Adventurer
Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: TheWanderingMist
Biggest Fan of the Best Wishes Series: A tie between satopi and Genaller
Biggest Fan of the XY Series: DatsRight
Biggest Fan of the Sun and Moon Series: DatsRight
Member of the Year 2019: Ryu Taylor

Very odd results. I'll see you all next year!

PokemonBattleFanatic-

ADVANCED GENERATION

Hoenn
-Hoenn League (Pretty lengthy and featured 3 full battles on screen)
-Gym Battles (Juan/Norman/Winona/Brawly/Roxanne)
-Ash (Most Balanced Version)
-Ash's team (One of the most balanced teams he's ever had)
-Ash's Groyle
-Ash's Swellow
-Hoenn Grand Festival
-Drew (One of the best rivals in the entire series)
-Harley (One of the best rivals in the entire series)

Battle Frontier
-Ash's Team (He actually rotated his team and used reserves throughout the entire arc)
-Frontier Battles (Intense and Entertaining)
-Kanto Grand Festival (May vs Drew)
-Drew
-Harley

Combinding both Hoenn & Battle Frontier puts AG as the best saga but if I'm only counting Hoenn then Sinnoh would take the #1 spot while Hoenn would be #2.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Harley was such a boring rival, and drew mainly became more interesting in the BF. The hoenn league sucked lol. Ash vs Morrison was horrible, especially how he essentially sacrificed his Pokemon in the beginning coz he didn't want to fight his friend? What the hell. Ash vs Katie was good, but then again she was a random nobody. Ash vs Tyson was meh, and Pikachu losing to a meowth in boots was stupid. I won't say Ash was the most well balanced here. DP ash was better, and so is PM ash. AG is really only good for me due to the amazing BF arc, otherwise the hoenn arc is meh. Not to mention that horrendous team aqua vs team magma plot

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Harley was such a boring rival
From a character standpoint Harley was one of the most entertaining rivals in the series.He managed to get inside of May's head,manipulated her,sabotaged one of her contest battles while working with Team Rocket and one time dressed exactly like her.If anyone was boring it was Zoey and Kenny.
drew mainly became more interesting in the BF.
Wrong he was interesting the entire AG series,he was more of a jerk in Hoenn as well.
The hoenn league sucked lol.
The Hoenn League was very lengthy and featured 3 full battles on screen,Ash vs Katie is one of the best battles in the entire series.It's for sure better than the Kanto,Unova,and Alola leagues,you can argue it being better than the Johto and Kalos leagues.
Ash vs Morrison was horrible, especially how he essentially sacrificed his Pokemon in the beginning coz he didn't want to fight his friend? What the hell.
Still better than Ash vs Cameron
Ash vs Katie was good, but then again she was a random nobody.
She was a skilled trainer competing in the Hoenn League,she didn't need to be a league rival to give us a really good battle.
Ash vs Tyson was meh,
It's better than Ash vs Gary,Ash vs Harrison, and Ash vs Cameron.
and Pikachu losing to a meowth in boots was stupid.
He would have won the entire league if he rotated in Charizard/Snorlax/Bulbasaur/Squirtle
I won't say Ash was the most well balanced here.DP ash was better, and so is PM ash.
DP Ash is only better as a trainer but not as a character,he was no longer entertaining at that point.AG/Hoenn Ash wasn't the best trainer or the best character but he was competent enough to where he wasn't making so many silly mistakes like OS/Kanto Ash did.This is also when Ash truly started focusing on training his pokemon.As a character Hoenn Ash started to decline but still showed glimpses of his old Kanto self from time to time.
AG is really only good for me due to the amazing BF arc,otherwise the hoenn arc is meh.
So that means you're not truly a fan of the AG series
Not to mention that horrendous team aqua vs team magma plot
I never cared for any of the villain teams including Team Galactic

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
@PokemonBattleFanatic- I won't say I'm not a fan. I mean even if you take away BF saga which I really liked, while I do find AG to be meh, it doesn't necessarily mean it was bad per say. It just wasn't interesting to me as the other series were. Also DP ash was entertaining too, it's just that the fillers had become really dull by then. You may not care for villainous plots but well I do and AG dropped the ball hard on that. I mean it's your opinion if you liked Drew or Harley, I will say I like drew, and Harley was unique I'll give them that, but personally, not a fan of contests in hoenn. It's only from DP that I started enjoying contests. And again the hoenn league is subjective. Ash vs Morrison being better than ash vs Cameron isn't really a feat lmao. It still was bad. Ash vs Tyson was better than ash vs Harrison I agree, but I liked ash vs Gary better. The conclusion to ash vs Tyson was just stupid. Meowth in boots is a stupid idea for me. Once again is AG good, yeah but the best saga? Kinda surprising to me considering most don't even talk about it that much here

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Status
Not open for further replies.