• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Anime Expert Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToaruLL

I'm not sure if this is allowed in this sub-forum, I'm basically just asking for an expert opinion on whereabouts in the timeline/series i should start watching the anime on Pokemon.

I've only seen the first main series and ever since i've had a slight desire to watch the most recent series like best wishes.

So any expert opinion on where i should begin will be most thankful.

Ditto B1tch

You should watch all of them, but if you're eager for Best Wishes, then watch it anyway.

The recent series doesn't have a tight sequence like Kanto and Johto had. Hoenn is very independent of Johto, Sinnoh is very independent of Hoenn, and Unova is very independent of Sinnoh. As Ash starts a new series with only Pikachu, then if you want to watch Best Wishes, then start on Season 14.

The Original Series (Kanto and Johto: Season 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5)

Advanced Generation (Hoenn: Seasons 6, 7, 8 and 9)

Diamond & Pearl (Sinnoh: Seasons 10, 11, 12 and 13)

Best Wishes (Unova: Seasons 14, 15, 16 and 17)

ToaruLL

Thanks for your reply Mystical Jackal...

and yeah after much deliberation I've decided to watch from Best Wishes. The current airing series being season 15 makes it ideal for me to catch up!

Although i hadn't watched any of diamond and pearl series, i did watch a handful of episodes from advanced generation...

Oh well, feel free to do whatever with this thread now.

randomspot555

The anime is very episodic. That means you can jump in at any point and be able to fully watch and understand that episode. Any continuity you need to know will be explained within the episode.

Just start watching what is currently on and then watch what you want from there.

Pokemon anime episodes generally have a formula so I wouldn't recommend "binging" on the anime and watching a ton of episodes back to back, because it will get repetitive.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Binge Watching is not really a thing you should do with the Anime, as after about a few dozen Episodes, the "formulaic" nature of the shows is clear. It's less so during certain arc and filler "seasons." But most Episodes by the time an episode "closes" the story resolved, with the execptions of two parters and ones part of an arc.

They often repeat what ever is needed from a previous episode is it's "need" to tell the story.. You could start with Series N and know have an idea of what's happening with in the first 5 minutes.

We do have an anime section where most questions you may have can be answered. The Only one question that can't be asked which is "Where can I watch it online?" and it has the answer of Pokemon.com .

Shutting

Status
Not open for further replies.