• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Anime Face-Off IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Man, what a rout this was, an absolute clean sweep over AG!!! XY proved again why it's the best series ever in the Pokemon anime. :D:D:D

True, but then again this round was a huge mismatch as well. The Togepi episode was frankly, pretty bad, and it went up against one of the best XY episodes. I'm quite sure this Togepi would've lost 90% of the time versus majority of episodes from even other series.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
True, but then again this round was a huge mismatch as well. The Togepi episode was frankly, pretty bad, and it went up against one of the best XY episodes. I'm quite sure this Togepi would've lost 90% of the time versus majority of episodes from even other series.
Well, losing is one thing, and getting clean swept 12/0 is another thing. It's like England or Australia losing the Ashes series 5-o or Brazil's 7-1 loss to Germany in the 2014 FIFA WC.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Man, what a rout this was, an absolute clean sweep over AG!!! XY proved again why it's the best series ever in the Pokemon anime. :D:D:D

I definitely wouldn’t say XY is the best series in the Pokemon anime. I definitely don’t think it’s a bad series but when it comes down to it, I think DP is much better but that’s just me.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Well, losing is one thing, and getting clean swept 12/0 is another thing. It's like England or Australia losing the Ashes series 5-0 or Brazil's 7-1 loss to Germany in the 2014 FIFA WC.

Yeah that's what I meant. The Togepi episode is like San Marino, who are a terrible team. They'd get routed 8-0 by the big teams (which this XY episode is), but still lose, maybe by a lesser margin, like 4-0 to less big teams (being other episodes which aren't that great either, but still much better).

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I definitely wouldn’t say XY is the best series in the Pokemon anime. I definitely don’t think it’s a bad series but when it comes down to it, I think DP is much better but that’s just me.
Well it's down to opinions of course but for me XY was a better series and edges out DP. If I had to rank all the series: XY=>DP=>AG>>SM=>OS>>>BW

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Yeah that's what I meant. The Togepi episode is like San Marino, who are a terrible team. They'd get routed 8-0 by the big teams (which this XY episode is), but still lose, maybe by a lesser margin, like 4-0 to less big teams (being other episodes which aren't that great either, but still much better).
I'd say the difference in quality was as big as the current Indian and West Indian Test team. ;) As evident from the recently concluded Test series, the West Indies would probably lose 12 Tests against India in a row if they played that many in a row. It's similar to that. :p

keepitsimple

site of lies
So far I'd say XY and SM are in the lead so far (I don't see the remaining SM episode losing to anything else that's left)

xEryChan

Demon Child
Well it's down to opinions of course but for me XY was a better series and edges out DP. If I had to rank all the series: XY=>DP=>AG>>SM=>OS>>>BW

I see. For me, it’s DP, SM, XY, AG, OS, BW. But even then, I don’t think BW is that bad and is undeserving of the hate it gets.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
For me my favorite letter combinations VG, FU, SD, BH, WQ, WA, and DM in no particular order. They're also countries in some exoplanet waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay x100 far away!

Til we Complete a Den wins! Sorry, An Egg Salad but you're expired. Who left this bowl of egg salad? I will hunt you down.

Our second to last match: A battle of B and W! This means Beheeyem, Duosion, and the Dream Thief vs Dream Continues! Will you vote for the episode where Meowth has to wake up by force or the episode with the pretty photograph of Ash's Pokemon in the end? Only we can decide on that!

Beheeyem, Duosion, and the Dream Thief: 0/12
Dream Continues!: 0/12

That is a long episode title. Anyway, Begin!

keepitsimple

site of lies
Beheeyem, Duosion, and the Dream Thief: 1/12 +
Dream Continues!: 0/12

It was funny as **** okay, idc even if the others trash it

Last edited:

Genaller

Silver Soul
Beheeyem, Duosion, and the Dream Thief: 1/12
Dream Continues!: 1/12 +

This would’ve honestly been a TOP 5 episode had Ash won the Kalos League, but even if I were to assess it for its time it’s an episode that genuinely tried to give hope after a series of disappointment. Seeing Ash reflecting on his journey, contemplating whether he’s any closer to his dream, vowing to get stronger and promising his mother that he’d win the league next time really got me in right the feels. Also I couldn’t help but crack a smile after seeing a picture of all of Ash’s Pokémon.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Beheeyem, Duosion, and the Dream Thief: 3/12 +
Dream Continues!: 1/12

I actually like BW. Heck, it got me back into the anime. And I usually like farewell episodes, but this one just didn't feel like anything to me. Either way, poor BW loses out here.

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
Beeheeyem, Duosion, and the Dream Thief: 3/12
Dream Continues!: 2/12+
Loved this episode because of that bulbasaur moment when I was younger, still do now!

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Beheeyem, Duosion and the Dream Thief: 3/12
The Dream Continues: 3/12+

Couldn't care less about that wierd Beheeyem episode, The Dream Continues was an episode that directly related to the XY series, and more importantly, it was an episode that reflected on Ash journey so far as a Pokemon trainer, all of Ash's then currently owned Pokemon (except Primeape and Squirtle) were shown in that episode, together along with Ash in that last group shot.

Anyone voting for the Beheeyem episode simply don't care about Ash anymore.

Last edited:

keepitsimple

site of lies
Haha I knew you would take a dump on the Beheeyem filler as soon as I saw the matchup ^-^ I don't mind though, I'll still try to make sure it wins over the rather boring farewell episode.

I would have liked The Dream Continues more if Ash had some kind of "geez I really choked this time. I should really get my **** together" moment

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
The Dream Continues: 4/12+

All said and done about BW, this was a pretty nice episode. Ash returning to Pallet Town, and those funny moments of Oak getting blasted by Noivern. My favorite part was of course, Ash holding his fist up and recollecting all his companions, before finally flying to Kalos.

keepitsimple

site of lies
I'm just glad this means two BW episodes will advance regardless of which ep wins here. That means it fared better in round 1 than OS did (and most likely AG too because I don't see Pearls Are a Spoink's Best Friend winning against One Journey Ends, Another Begins, but we'll see)

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
The Dream Continues: 5/12+

All of past companions' cameos, Ash's picture with his Pokemon at the ranch and the preparation for the Kalos journey take this.

Status
Not open for further replies.