1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Anime Face-Off IV

Discussion in 'Face-Offs' started by keepitsimple, Sep 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blizzardblaze

blizzardblaze Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime

Holy Matrimony: 6/12
    Pace - The Final Frontier!: 7/12+

2. Genaller

Genaller May 16th 2016 - October 12th 2019

Pace - The Final Frontier!: 8/12 +

3. Tsukuyomi56

Tsukuyomi56 Gesshin Powered

Pace - The Final Frontier!: 9/12 +

4. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Kanae, Keeper of the Gates Emblazoned

Holy Matrimony: 7/12 +
    Pace - The Final Frontier!: 9/12

5. 345ash-greninja

345ash-greninja Assassin Kid

Holy Matrimony: 7/12
    Pace - The Final Frontier!: 10/12+

6. keepitsimple

keepitsimple Admiral Centiskorch

Holy Matrimony: 8/12 +
    Pace - The Final Frontier!: 10/12

7. Dragalge

Dragalge Leaked footage

Holy Matrimony: 9/12 +
    Pace - The Final Frontier!: 10/12

8. Akkipeddi

Akkipeddi Parfait addict

Holy Matrimony: 9/12
    Pace - The Final Frontier!: 11/12 +

9. WizardTrubbish

WizardTrubbish much more beastly

Holy Matrimony: 9/12
    Pace - The Final Frontier!: 12/12 +

keepitsimple likes this.
  10. TheWanderingMist

Everyone voting against Holy Matrimony is incorrect and should have their voting privileges revoked.

keepitsimple likes this.
  11. 345ash-greninja

It's more like the other way, because Pace - The Final Frontier! is easily the best episode in the entire Pokémon anime. That episode consists of our hero Ash Ketchum accomplishing his greatest achievement till date: conquering the Kanto Battle Frontier. Since this is the very same Ash who keeps failing in Leagues again and again, that episode was a huuuge moment in the anime as Ash finally managed to win a major title/win something major like that which is worthy of being spoken of. The flashbacks of Ash/Bulbasaur and Ash/Pikachu showing all of their previous important moments together were extremely nostalgic. Holy Matrimony isn't even close to being as good as it.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    Genaller likes this.
  12. TheWanderingMist

I don't know why people keep bringing up Ash losing during the Leagues. By their format, only 1 person per League won't lose, but no one ever bashes other characters over losing during the League.

Holy Matrimony clearly surpasses the other episode by containing the greatest story of all time and being entertaining even without a major battle.

keepitsimple likes this.
  13. keepitsimple

actually the episodes should stand at 8 and 11 points instead of 9 and 12 since both Genaller and TheWanderingMist each just fell shy of the 12 hour cooldown once (sorry, them's the rules) so I guess it's up to Dragalge when he gets online if he wants to discount those points and continue, or accept the standings as they are now

14. Genaller

Holy Matrimony: 8/12
    Pace - The Final Frontier!: 12/12 +

There problem fixed (it most certainly has been over 12 hours for me now).

Dragalge and keepitsimple like this.
  15. keepitsimple

Pace- The Final Frontier never had a sex dungeon so it's automatically not as good :>

Well I consider coming that close in votes to the "greatest episode of all time" to be somewhat of a victory anyway ^^

16. 345ash-greninja

Yeah, I meant that he has failed to win the regional League (a.k.a. win the whole tournament) each and every time he has competed in those, that's why people bring those up many times. That's definitely not a good record as a protagonist of an anime which mainly revolves around a competitive pro-sport that is Pokemon battling; after all Pokemon battles are the major part of this show, and they involve some high-profile and prestigious tournaments, for Pokemon trainers, how well they fare in those high-profile tournaments serve as major landmarks in their career/journey as a Pokemon trainer. Literally the same is for Ash, winning a League has been portrayed as a major step in his goal.

Look at other adventure show protagonists in animes where there's some competitve pro-sport which involves some high profile tournaments and competitions. Take Yu-Gi-Oh! for example, where Card Dueling is the competitive pro-sport around which involves many high profile tournaments. Yugi Muto/Yami Yugi, Yusei Fudo, Yuma Tsukomo, a.k.a. the protagonists of the Yu-Gi-Oh! series' literally wins all the all the major dueling tournaments they participate in. Take Beyblade for example, where Beyblading is the competitive pro-sport around which involves some high-profile tournaments, and Tyson Granger, who is the protagonist of the OG Beyblade series, wins every tournament he participates in.

The tournaments which the Yu-Gi-Oh! protagonists and Tyson Granger wins serves as major landmarks in their career as a Duelist/Beyblader.

Still think that the fact that Ash hasn't won a single League tournament isn't a big issue, while other protagonists like Yugi Muto or Tyson Granger have won tournament after tournament? Winning a League is also a big/important part of Ash's goal, otherwise why did he bother to collect 8 badges in 6 different regions in order to compete in the 6 respective regional Leagues?

Ash not winning a regional League so far is obviously a big issue. And since in Pace - The Final Frontier! Ash finally managed to win something major/a major title like conquering the Kanto Battle Frontier, a title which can serve as a major landmark in his career as a Pokemon trainer (yeah it wasn't as big as winning a League but still a title which is really prestigious and can serve as a major accomplishment/landmark in his jouney as a Pokemon trainer), the magnitude of that episode will always be at a complete different level compared to the other episodes of the Pokemon anime.

Pokemon battles are the main aspects of this anime, that's the competitive pro-sport in this anime around which this anime mainly revolves around, so that really hurts your point there. There is no bigger story than the story of our raven haired hero Ash Ketchum, his journey as a Pokemon trainer in the Pokemon anime. And since in Pace - The Final Frontier! Ash for the first time won something major/a major title, which was undoubtedly his greatest accomplishment till date, that's a huge landmark in Ash's journey as a Pokemon trainer. So nah, considering Ash's journey as a Pokemon trainer, around which this anime mainly revolves around, literally no episode can surpass that episode in terms of narrative perspective.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    keepitsimple likes this.
  17. Genaller

@345ash-greninja I’m pretty sure TWM was just trolling around when she said that people who didn’t vote for Holy Matrimony deserve to have their voting privileges taken. I don’t think dumping a full-scale essay was needed in a thread like this.

keepitsimple and Dragalge like this.
  18. Dragalge

Dragalge Leaked footage

^ Exactly!

Anyway Pace - The Final Frontier wins! RIP James. Anyway the next round is The Treasure is all Mine vs A Village Homecoming!

The Treasure is all Mine: 0/12
    A Village Homecoming: 0/12

Remember you get one vote every 12 hours. Now begin!

19. keepitsimple

The Treasure is all Mine: 0/12
    A Village Homecoming: 1/12 +

I can't believe he's gone. I miss him ;-;

20. Genaller

Holy Matrimony 2.0!: 1/12 +
    An Iris Focus Epsiode: 0/12

Well at least 1 of the James episodes is making it through (probably).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.