• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Anime Face-Off IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
Ash trying to punch Mewtwo. (M01): 103/300 (+6)

Dawn beating May in the Wallace Cup. (DP079): 112/300

James saying "I am a flaming Moltres". (EP 157): 118/300 (+1)

Serena finds her resolve and cuts her hair. (XY060): 134/300 (+10)

Brock gets hit by lightning when using his frying pan and turns into a dying pan! (Mewtwo Returns): 225/300 (+3)

Genaller

Silver Soul
Ash trying to punch Mewtwo. (M01): 106/300 (+3)

Dawn beating May in the Wallace Cup. (DP079): 113/300 (+ 1)

James saying "I am a flaming Moltres". (EP 157): 124/300 (+6)

Serena litters the world with her cut hair like a filthy animal when she could have done it inside a building so that it wouldn’t blow away. (XY060): 134/300

Brock gets hit by lightning when using his frying pan and turns into a dying pan! (Mewtwo Returns): 235/300 (+10)

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Ash trying to punch Mewtwo. (M01): 107/300 (+1)

Dawn beating May in the Wallace Cup. (DP079): 116/300 (+3)

James saying "I am a flaming Moltres". (EP 157): 130/300 (+6)

Serena litters the world with her cut hair like a filthy animal when she could have done it inside a building so that it wouldn’t blow away. (XY060): 134/300

Brock gets hit by lightning when using his frying pan and turns into a dying pan! (Mewtwo Returns): 245/300 (+10)

keepitsimple

site of lies
Ash trying to punch Mewtwo. (M01): 108/300 (+1)

Dawn beating May in the Wallace Cup. (DP079): 119/300 (+3)

James saying "I am a flaming Moltres". (EP 157): 140/300 (+10)

Brock gets hit by lightning when using his frying pan and turns into a dying pan! (Mewtwo Returns): 251/300 (+6)

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Ash trying to punch Mewtwo. (M01): 109/300 (+1)

Dawn beating May in the Wallace Cup. (DP079): 129/300 (+10)

James saying "I am a flaming Moltres". (EP 157): 140/300

Serena litters the world with her cut hair like a filthy animal when she could have done it inside a building so that it wouldn’t blow away. (XY060): 137/300 (+3)

Brock gets hit by lightning when using his frying pan and turns into a dying pan! (Mewtwo Returns): 257/300 (+6)

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Ash trying to punch Mewtwo. (M01): 112/300 (+3)

Dawn beating May in the Wallace Cup. (DP079): 139/300 (+10)

James saying "I am a flaming Moltres". (EP 157): 146/300 (+6)

Serena litters the world with her cut hair like a filthy animal when she could have done it inside a building so that it wouldn’t blow away. (XY060): 138/300 (+1)

Brock gets hit by lightning when using his frying pan and turns into a dying pan! (Mewtwo Returns): 257/300

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Ash trying to punch Mewtwo. (M01): 115/300 (+3)

Dawn beating May in the Wallace Cup. (DP079): 140/300 (+1)

James saying "I am a flaming Moltres". (EP 157): 156/300 (+10)

Serena litters the world with her cut hair like a filthy animal when she could have done it inside a building so that it wouldn’t blow away. (XY060): 138/300

Brock gets hit by lightning when using his frying pan and turns into a dying pan! (Mewtwo Returns): 263/300 (+6)

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Ash trying to punch Mewtwo. (M01): 118/300 (+3)

Dawn beating May in the Wallace Cup. (DP079): 140/300

James saying "I am a flaming Moltres". (EP 157): 157/300 (+1)

Serena finds her resolve and cuts her hair. (XY060): 148/300 (+10)

Brock gets hit by lightning when using his frying pan and turns into a dying pan! (Mewtwo Returns): 269/300 (+6)

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Ash trying to punch Mewtwo. (M01): 119/300 (+1)
Dawn beating May in the Wallace Cup. (DP079): 150/300 (+10)

James saying "I am a flaming Moltres". (EP 157): 160/300 (+3)

Serena finds her resolve and cuts her hair. (XY060): 148/300

Brock gets hit by lightning when using his frying pan and turns into a dying pan! (Mewtwo Returns): 275/300 (+6)

keepitsimple

site of lies
Ash trying to punch Mewtwo. (M01): 122/300 (+3)

Dawn beating May in the Wallace Cup. (DP079): 156/300 (+6)

James saying "I am a flaming Moltres". (EP 157): 170/300 (+10)

Serena litters the world with her cut hair like a filthy animal when she could have done it inside a building so that it wouldn’t blow away (XY060): 148/300

Brock gets hit by lightning when using his frying pan and turns into a dying pan! (Mewtwo Returns): 276/300 (+1)

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
Ash trying to punch Mewtwo. (M01): 128/300 (+6)

Dawn beating May in the Wallace Cup. (DP079): 156/300

James saying "I am a flaming Moltres". (EP 157): 171/300 (+1)

Serena finds her resolve and cuts her hair. (XY060): 158/300 (+10)

Brock gets hit by lightning when using his frying pan and turns into a dying pan! (Mewtwo Returns): 279/300 (+3)

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Ash trying to punch Mewtwo. (M01): 129/300 (+1)

Dawn beating May in the Wallace Cup. (DP079): 159/300 (+3)

James saying "I am a flaming Moltres". (EP 157): 181/300 (+10)

Serena finds her resolve and cuts her hair. (XY060): 158/300

Brock saying “I’ll use my trusty frying pan as a drying pan!”(Mewtwo Returns): 285/300 (+6)

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Ash trying to punch Mewtwo. (M01): 135/300 (+6)

Dawn beating May in the Wallace Cup. (DP079): 159/300 (+1)

James saying "I am a flaming Moltres". (EP 157): 184/300 (+3)

Serena finds her resolve and cuts her hair. (XY060): 158/300

Brock saying “I’ll use my trusty frying pan as a drying pan!”(Mewtwo Returns): 295/300 (+10)

Drying pan can basically not be beaten at this point.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Ash trying to punch Mewtwo. (M01): 136/300 (+1)

Dawn beating May in the Wallace Cup. (DP079): 162/300 (+3)

James saying "I am a flaming Moltres". (EP 157): 184/300

Serena finds her resolve and cuts her hair. (XY060): 168/300 (+10)

Brock saying “I’ll use my trusty frying pan as a drying pan!”(Mewtwo Returns): 301/300 (+6)

There ya go, GAME OVER!!!

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Terrance the Sticky Frog Kin you have submitted to, from what I hear, one of the greatest moments of history! Seems you can’t resist Drying Pan’s almighty power!
Not really, it was obvious that anyone else didn't have any chance of winning, given the situation of the game so I decided to finish things off quickly via my vote. I still made Serena third though by my +10 if you look at it. :)

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Maybe if she decided to be more hygenic and cut her hair inside and clean up the damn mess her haircut might have barely made second

Congrats drying pan. The spearow scene should have won instead tho haha
Nah. This is the correct winner.

I like Serena as much as anyone, but she shouldn't have even been here.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
@keepitsimple I know that you enacted an essay ban here early on, but you said later on that it would be OK if we have a constructive civilized discussion which I'll try to do here. :)

I like Serena as much as anyone, but she shouldn't have even been here.
Serena is still anyway better than the OS iteration of Ash though, so nope she fully deserved being here over any OS Ash moment, and recieve more votes than any OS Ash moment which she did BTW. OS Ash was nothing more than an arrogant and immature d1ck who didn't earn majority of his badges legitimately, received pity throughout and yet felt proud about it, brought his own false hype into the League, didn't sort out Charizard's disobedience issues despite having 2 whole months to sort it out, and thereafter lost the League is the most embarrassing fashion possible due to his Pokemon "refusing to fight" and taking a nap in the midst of a highly important League battle for Ash, making it clear to the huge audience/spectators who were watching that League stadium that someone who is competing high profile tournament like a Pokemon League, in the round of Top 16, can't even get his Pokemon to listen to his commands during a battle, leading to an embarrassment/humiliation of a gigantic proportion of himself at the big stage. Ash only realized and came into terms to this flaws, trying to sort them out himself later on after certain important events in OI, even after such an embarrassing loss in the Kanto League, he still didn't quite learn his lesson, his immaturity, his arrogance, his inflated ego still remained after the Kanto League as evident in certain early OI episodes. Whereas Serena realized her own flaws/shortcomings, came into terms with them and strengthened her resolve to get better and focus on her goal, which her "cutting hair short" moment symbolized.

Which is why Serena's moment certainly is better IMO and I do believe that it deserves priority ofter literally any OS Kanto Ash moment. OS Kanto Ash failed to realize his own shortcomings and mistakes at the right time, didn't come into terms with his flaws at the right time, brought his own false hype into the League and failed big time, while Serena did realise her own flaws, came into terms with them, straightened her resolve in time, which is why she just about came one step away from becoming Kalos Queen.

Serena >>> OS Ash.

Now XY, DP and BF Ash would obviously be above Serena. :)

keepitsimple

site of lies
Ash defended a badly beaten up Pikachu from a giant flock of Spearows and risked everything by promising to fight them all off (even though Pikachu being an asshole was what got him into that mess in the first place) and Pikachu returned the favor and fought on Ash's side for the first time + Pikachu finally toned down his douchey actions by a lot after that... and you're going to try to convince us that a haircut was a better moment. I'll admit her resolution was important for her development, but the Spearow scene was important for Pikachu's and I thought it was way more fun to watch than a haircut.

Also while you did explain what's important about the haircut moment, the problem with your essay is you're not saying anything about the OS Spearow moment, you're just bringing up Ash's Kanto league placement and how he was a bad trainer/arrogant person then. Yeah so? His league placement wasn't in this face-off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.