• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon anime fun facts

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!

Xuxuba

Here in Brazil there is this famous tv presenter that made a terrible song about Pokémon back in the 90s and it is the worst thing ever created.

The clip is called Força do Mestre and i dare you to watch it. It's on Youtube.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Here in Brazil there is this famous tv presenter that made a terrible song about Pokémon back in the 90s and it is the worst thing ever created.

The clip is called Força do Mestre and i dare you to watch it. It's on Youtube.
That reminds me that CNLA made a short explaining that Oak created pikachu, who then went to many other shows before becoming Pokemon's mascot. They even said that he lost his electricity for a while and tried to commit toaster bath to regain it

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
That reminds me that CNLA made a short explaining that Oak created pikachu, who then went to many other shows before becoming Pokemon's mascot. They even said that he lost his electricity for a while and tried to commit toaster bath to regain it
I wonder how nobody came up with any crazy theory about Oak having created Pikachu

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
What is wrong with CNLA? They're a bunch of insane crackpots from everything I've read about them.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
What is wrong with CNLA? They're a bunch of insane crackpots from everything I've read about them.
Believe me, they really are. A recent-ish (well, not recent anymore, but still) example would be Jake's lines from AT. Like in the episode with Scorcher, when the Ice King is telling them that he'll freeze them to make them seem dead, Jake says "no le creas compadre, así le dijeron a mi hermana y ahora estoy lleno de sobrinos" ("Don't believe him man, they told my sister the same thing and now I'm filled with nephews")

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Good question. It's kind of strange we've never seen any other trainer take down a Legendary or mythical before. At least before SM were both Kukui and Gladion defeated Ash's Melmetal
...Bortgreen was being sarcastic. Ash is a main character with literally over a thousand episodes in his belt, for goodness's sake. Unless it's leagues, the kid will fight those threats and win. If he didn't, he wouldn't be alive.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Good question. It's kind of strange we've never seen any other trainer take down a Legendary or mythical before. At least before SM were both Kukui and Gladion defeated Ash's Melmetal
I wonder why
It's simply because Ash takes up too much of the spotlight that you won't see many other trainers stand out in the same way that Ash has. It's the same reason why the versus thread hilariously consists 90% of Ash vs. Paul and Ash vs. Alain discussions. If the anime started a fresh new protagonist each series, the number of trainers with crazy feats would be far more diversified.

Here's a fun fact that seems obvious but not many people ever really think about. In the 20 years of the Pokemon anime, it's main focus has always been one actual generation. Not game generations, but one actual generation focusing on Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town, the perfect excuse to bring in tons of Kanto fanservice because no matter what, it's still about a Kantonian traveling to other regions.

BabaVanga

It's simply because Ash takes up too much of the spotlight that you won't see many other trainers stand out in the same way that Ash has. It's the same reason why the versus thread hilariously consists 90% of Ash vs. Paul and Ash vs. Alain discussions. If the anime started a fresh new protagonist each series, the number of trainers with crazy feats would be far more diversified.

Here's a fun fact that seems obvious but not many people ever really think about. In the 20 years of the Pokemon anime, it's main focus has always been one actual generation. Not game generations, but one actual generation focusing on Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town, the perfect excuse to bring in tons of Kanto fanservice because no matter what, it's still about a Kantonian traveling to other regions.
I wish I could like this post more than once.

People like to complain about Kanto pandering but tend to forget the biggest Kanto pandering is that each series focuses on Anime!Red and his Kantonian rat's journey and two Team Rocket agents with Kantonian cat following him.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan