• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Anime Gen 9 predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllOfAshmon

Mezase Pokemon Master- Thank You Ash and Pikachu
Based on the new trailer for S&V and school setting, how would gen 9 anime goes if Ash still stays on the protagonist, here is my predictions for the anime

- Ash was recommended by both Oak and Cerise to attend the school in Pokespain as a guest reseacher cum foreign exchange student for a school term after the school contracted them

- Ash paired up with Nemora for the reseach and school project

- Nermora hated Ash and felt that he shouldnt be in the school since he is the world champion (if he wins the PWC) and took a spot as a reseacher automatically for the major school project that will research on the past and future of the region and pokemon

- Ash catches some Gen 9 pokemon and used his reserve to assist him in various school project and research that was being assigned to him and Nemora

- Nemora learned a lot from Ash and started to respect him as a trainer, mentor and fellow reseacher through the anime

- Nemora was selected as one of the reseacher for the major school project

Hope to see the prediction for Gen 9 anime that you guys have

- Ash and Nemora was send back to the past after some major issue was spotted

* Will add on more predictions if there is new trailer release again as the date is nearer for the game release

*Apologize if there is a repeat thead and will delete it right away

Last edited:
Time skip after Ash beats Leon. Anime follows Ash and Serena’s kid who has a Pawmi as their starter who takes the gym challenge and aims to beat their father. Ends up getting stuck in the past vs future discussions.

AllOfAshmon

Time skip after Ash beats Leon. Anime follows Ash and Serena’s kid who has a Pawmi as their starter who takes the gym challenge and aims to beat their father. Ends up getting stuck in the past vs future discussions.
Based on the trailer, i dont think there is any gym, maybe a test or something since like there is a something like a checkpoint so, of course the next trailer might show more stuff and i could be wrong. But for now, i still dont think there would be any gym challenge

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
My prediction?

If Scarlett and Violet opt for the Legends Arceus route instead of the traditional 8 Gyms plus one Pokémon League, Ash will be closer to the retirement line than he has ever been before. The Legends Arceus route is something suitable for Goh rather than Ash, and Goh doesn't need a reset beyond putting his Pokémon at the bench to make way for new Pokémon. After all, he doesn't need Pokémon to catch new ones.

But that's not what we're talking about here. We're talking about Ash.

And while Ash is the iconic mascot of the anime, he has been so heavily defined by the Pokémon Leagues that it's hard to see him do anything else beyond that. I mean, when was the last time Ash declares that he will catch every Pokémon in the world? Heck, if Ash wants to continue journeying forever, he'll make that his top priority, not winning Pokémon Leagues. New Pokémon is inevitable, so 'getto da ze" will always remain relevant. Gyms? Not so much.

Thus, it becomes a matter of Ash's ability to adapt to a completely new career. Which honestly is a win win situation here. Ash stays, then he'll have a new goal and journey that is not a rehash of the Pokémon League. If he leaves, then he ends his journey with us on a high note as the World Champion.

Gingertail24

I predict they drop the world tour format but they will implement the open world setting in the anime

I see them dropping goh and Chloe

AllOfAshmon

My prediction?

If Scarlett and Violet opt for the Legends Arceus route instead of the traditional 8 Gyms plus one Pokémon League, Ash will be closer to the retirement line than he has ever been before. The Legends Arceus route is something suitable for Goh rather than Ash, and Goh doesn't need a reset beyond putting his Pokémon at the bench to make way for new Pokémon. After all, he doesn't need Pokémon to catch new ones.

But that's not what we're talking about here. We're talking about Ash.

And while Ash is the iconic mascot of the anime, he has been so heavily defined by the Pokémon Leagues that it's hard to see him do anything else beyond that. I mean, when was the last time Ash declares that he will catch every Pokémon in the world? Heck, if Ash wants to continue journeying forever, he'll make that his top priority, not winning Pokémon Leagues. New Pokémon is inevitable, so 'getto da ze" will always remain relevant. Gyms? Not so much.

Thus, it becomes a matter of Ash's ability to adapt to a completely new career. Which honestly is a win win situation here. Ash stays, then he'll have a new goal and journey that is not a rehash of the Pokémon League. If he leaves, then he ends his journey with us on a high note as the World Champion.
Yeah, i think by making Ash a researcher alongside Goh for Cerise in JN actually prolong Ash status as the protagonist. Like the writers knew that Ash time as a full time trainer is most likely over when he won the Alola league and there is no ay he is going back to challenge Gym Leader, so they gave him the role as a reseacher who battle when needed mostly is a test trial so see whether the audience are able to accept a "career change" for Ash. I wouldn't be surprise if my predictions of Ash being recommended by both Oak and Cerise to assist Turo and the Pokespain school as a guest researcher as a way to keeping him in the Anime

Beside Ash get to learn more about Pokemon as a researcher, something that can be a part of his pokemon masters dream. Just my 2 cents. Sorry for being too long

Gingertail24

Yeah, i think by making Ash a researcher alongside Goh for Cerise in JN actually prolong Ash status as the protagonist. Like the writers knew that Ash time as a full time trainer is most likely over when he won the Alola league and there is no ay he is going back to challenge Gym Leader, so they gave him the role as a reseacher who battle when needed mostly is a test trial so see whether the audience are able to accept a "career change" for Ash. I wouldn't be surprise if my predictions of Ash being recommended by both Oak and Cerise to assist Turo and the Pokespain school as a guest researcher as a way to keeping him in the Anime

Beside Ash get to learn more about Pokemon as a researcher, something that can be a part of his pokemon masters dream. Just my 2 cents. Sorry for being too long
The whole research thing was never taken seriously in JN. It was just a small reason to get the plot going. After that we barely see ash doing any "research". It's just pwc now, so I wouldn't put any weight too it

Pokemon Master Roxas!

Returning PokeMaster
I'm pretty sure this is too early to make a gen 9 anime prediction given that we don't have all of the Infos bout pokemon Scarlett and violet yet we only know bits here and there. Just my opinion

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
It's still to early to make predictions, but we love predictions about Pokemon so:
-I hope Nemona is either the new PokeGirl or Ash's main rival. She seems like the first serious and battler female character with main cast potential that we have gotten since Iris.
-I hope there will be two set of gyms, one for Scarlet and one for Violet. We need gyms. Whatever Ash's goal will be, gyms must exist and battled by the new companion.
-If Ash goes to be a researcher with Nemona, one of them can study past and the other future.

Status
Not open for further replies.