• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Anime in the UK to overtake the US!

Status
Not open for further replies.

harryheart

There have been rumours lately suggesting that Pokemon Battle Dimension is going to finish before in the UK before America and it is true. The whole of next week from Monday at 7:40am to Friday we are having the rest of the season aired...here are the times

Monday
7:40am - Losing It Lustrious
8:05am - Double Team Turnover

Tuesday
7:40am - If the Scarf Fits Wear It
8:05am - A Trainer and Child Reunion

Wednesday
7:40am - Aiding the Enemy
8:05am - Barry's Busting Out all over

Thrusday
7:40am - Shield With a Twist
8:05am - Jumping Rocket Ship

Firday
7:40am - Sleepless in Pre-Battle

Information from Sky!

So there you have it folks...something to look forward to for those in the UK and wonder why Jetix have done so porrly to air the episodes correctly and allow ITV4 to take over!

And for the ones in the US this seems to be a first with the exception of Chronicles.

Discuss!​

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
And for the ones in the US this seems to be a first with the exception of Chronicles.
Johto Journies.
Advanced Challenge.
Both finished in UK and Canada well before they finished in the U.S. Heck, Johto Journies ended in Brazil before it ended in the U.S.

I seriously fail to see the big deal about every time episodes are shown or a game is released in Europe before America. People act like it's unheard of; rather, it's far from it.

Well this is certainly nice...
Although I live in the US, I'm sure I can get my hands on these... somehow.
Pokemon UK is also dubbed by PUSA, right?

Also, couldn't help notice how the UK has 5 fewer minutes of commercial time...
USA ought to learn something from its motherland.

@S.Suikun: Stop it!
Your posts sound too smart.... (uber jealous)

Torpoleon

The Uk is lucky but that is fine! It would be nice if the US (where I live) learned something from UK and did like what the UK did. It just doesn't seem fair.

Vernikova

Champion
I think that this is just to advertise the upcoming events in the UK. With the actual events coming up and Platinum coming out in May in Europe, this would seem like an appropriate time to advertise Pokémon in anyway possible.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
The Uk is lucky but that is fine! It would be nice if the US (where I live) learned something from UK and did like what the UK did. It just doesn't seem fair.
You mean go months without new episodes and then cram as many episodes as possible into a single week? Pfft. I mean, I don't watch the dub anymore, but the way CN has apparently been pacing things this season is the most sensible dub airings have ever been.

Tf5174

does anybody know why cartoon network has placed pokemon on there line?
because people say they could watch it on jetix but it seems it's never on where i live.

Tom Nook

Feel free to browse
This is not unusual at all, in Australia we regularly finished seasons before the US did. Our system was slightly different though, new episodes every weekday morning until the season ends then back to reruns.

Nowadays this isn't the case though, I don't think we've even got the latest series yet >_>

harryheart

You mean go months without new episodes and then cram as many episodes as possible into a single week? Pfft. I mean, I don't watch the dub anymore, but the way CN has apparently been pacing things this season is the most sensible dub airings have ever been.

I would love it if the UK did that system of airing a new episode once a week so that way we knew when they would air, it seems that on Jetix now they are airing from Losing it Lustrious to the end of the season Satrday at 9am doing what the US do after 45 odd episodes of cramming in where they can but they'll still finish after the US!​

Well this is certainly nice...
Although I live in the US, I'm sure I can get my hands on these... somehow.
Pokemon UK is also dubbed by PUSA, right?

Also, couldn't help notice how the UK has 5 fewer minutes of commercial time...
USA ought to learn something from its motherland.

@S.Suikun: Stop it!
Your posts sound too smart.... (uber jealous)

We have it dubbed by PUSA as well which means that they must have already dubbed all these episodes if we're getting them all in one week. And we have about 3-4mins of adverts don't know how that compares?​

Yay!
Well then I can just download the UK airings and it'll be the exact same thing!
Ahhh I just love how things always work out.

Well in America the shows are 30 minutes long.
That's about double the commercial time.
But I haven't watched TV since the Olympics....
Pretty sure it still goes like that though.

~AussieWonder~

Sweet....hopefully someone will upload the eps on youtube. U guys are lucky, "Tears for Fears" hasn't even aired in Australia yet. Thank goodness for the internet!!

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Any news on when we're getting the 11th movie though?

HoennMaster

Nothing to be really amazed at. Isn't the first, nor will it be the last time it happened. As Suikun pointed out, at least we don't get those long breaks and then get a few weeks of tons of new episodes. The US can at least space them out nicely. I might watch the gym battle one, but I'm fine with waiting for the US.

Love how the title sounds like this is amazing when it is a big 3 episodes.

PurpleMew

no promises
Any news on when we're getting the 11th movie though?

There where a few rumours going round of the UK getting the film release at the same time as the rest of Europe but the Movie was aired in Germany and France on Friday and we haven't had anything.

Nothing to be really amazed at. Isn't the first, nor will it be the last time it happened. As Suikun pointed out, at least we don't get those long breaks and then get a few weeks of tons of new episodes. The US can at least space them out nicely. I might watch the gym battle one, but I'm fine with waiting for the US.

Love how the title sounds like this is amazing when it is a big 3 episodes.

I don't see what the whole fuss is about. It has happened before and it will more than likely happen again. I don't approve of the way Jetix air the anime because quite frankly it sucks and I would much rather have one episode a week than a massive break between 5-7 episodes.

PurpleMew

no promises
How does Jetix air them?

Badly :D.

They air the episodes in order but about 5 times a day. So one episode airs today at say 8AM and then the next one with air tomorrow 8AM but a different episode will air later today and carry on tomorrow. When the new episodes come on they air one a day in the morning and night and then the next one the next day for about a week and then we wait about 2 months for new episodes. They air too many episodes at once and cram too many new episodes together.

The best way is the one a week like Japan and the US day and maybe 2 if it's a special but the way Jetix are airing the anime is far from perfect and really annoying if you miss an episode.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Well, the UK does it again. Just like they aired episodes 6-9 of Season 3 of Avatar. Event the creators don't know why they aired those episodes before the US. And then, the Neterlands got 10-11, before the US. Finally, Canada got 12-13 before the US. Then, the US catches up airing 6-11, and it takes 8 more months to get all the other episodes aired (12-13, 14-21).

But back on topic, :p, I guess we'll see some news on the main site once this week rolls. I gotta make sure I resist watching the episodes on YouTube. :/

Grovyle91

<< my favorite ^^
I've just seen the UK airing dates on wikipedia, well... I've to say, it is a MESS!! In one week 8 episodes or so, then waiting a month to get another week with 8 episodes...
Thank god Jetix isn't that confusing in the Netherlands :)

We just have an episode once a week, on Saturday. Although last year they broadcasted season 9 and 10 in just 3 months, I think they needed to catch up or something :p
Now we have season 11 pretty early, normally we get the new season when the US broadcastings are finished. But since Sun Studio has taken over the dubbing, they are really fast :eek: we even get Giratina & the Sky Warrior in 2 weeks, in Dutch! Normally we have to wait until August or September or so...

But ontopic, I'm gonna watch those episodes too, but only if it's available on bittorrent, not on youtube. I'm always watching on my iPod and I'm too lazy to paste the 2 or 3 pieces together :p If not, I'll wait until it has aired in the US, I'm sure it's available by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.