• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Anime Marathon

CowNorris

Observing.
I've started watching all of Pokemon episodes from the beginning about a year ago and I'm now on the last legs of Diamond and Pearl.
It was great reliving my childhood with Johto and Advanced series. I've got to say it was easier than I expected - I usually try to watch 3-5 episodes every day, though I did take a few breaks.

Has anybody else done this and is Black and White worth watching or should I just skip straight to X and Y?

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
I personally haven't done it myself but to answer your question, I will think you will find people will advise you either way to watch Black and White or not. So I recommend that you watch it to see if you like it and then if you don't like it you can always skip ahead to X and Y.

Hope that helped.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Just skip BW it feels so out of place compared to the other series.

MattySadler

I've never tried to sit down and watch them all at once. A lot of filler-ish episodes aren't really worth seeing as they're mostly quite similar, I just try to watch the consequential ones. If you're watching the lot though, may as well do BW while you're at it.

Teebu

I've done it with OS fairly recently, never done the entire 800 odd episodes though, that's loads.

As for BW, I watched them, they're a decent series as a standalone thing, take into consideration the previous series and it starts to fall apart a bit continuity wise, the characters are probably weakest out of the series too. Overall I think it's worth a watch, as long as you take it for what they are, it's entertaining enough, without being spectacular in any way.

Haunter ゴースト

Just skip BW it feels so out of place compared to the other series.

Basically this BUT:

Expect to be confused if any BW thing is referenced such as Ash's team roster, companion friends and events that happened.

In XY, it's not really a spoiler to say nothing of BW has been referenced yet apart from Ash setting off to Kalos at the end and arriving in XY.

--

If i gave my personal opinion, i'd just say watch it since you've already come this far into DP.

If you dislike BW, just remember that XY is just as good as OS, AG and DP.

CowNorris

Observing.
lol, I spent about an hour a day before sleep on Pokemon episodes, when you break em up they aren't too tedious.
I guess if BW doesn't feel like the other seasons then I'll just skip onto X and Y, they seem to be liked a lot better than BW

Last edited:
If you've watched OS-DP in sequential order, watching BW will make you scratch your head a bit. However that doesn't mean there's some entertainment value in it.

Might as well watch it, and if it doesn't float your boat then you can just stop. If you do end up watching it, I would skip the decolora filler junk at the end of the series.

MattySadler

If you do end up watching it, I would skip the decolora filler junk at the end of the series.

Yeah, I won't argue with this either, though I was scratching my head long before BW in general at things. Also cringing, face palming, and head desking prior to that as well...

Last edited:

CliveKoopa

I've done this quite a few times and intend to do that again sometime. I like all the anime and I sometimes notice things I didn't before if I watch them again.

chalkus

I've done this for DP but not the entire series. 3 eps a day except on weekends. Took me about 4 months to finish it all. DP was truly a great series with the best Pokemon battles ever. Even the contest battles were a million times better than they were before. Dawn vs Ursula 2 & 3, Nando vs Zoey and Dawn vs Zoey are some of the best battles the show ever had. I wouldn't mind watching it again.

Maybe one day I will watch OS again, but not before I do BW. I can't see myself watching AG, though. Too painful.

Vernikova

Champion
So I recommend that you watch it to see if you like it

This is what I recommend. Watch it and make up your own mind about the series. Considering that you've gone through the other series before it, it should be that hard to get through the series.

CowNorris

Observing.
Nice, more replies!
AG was more boring than Johto on my opinion, bar Battle Frontier of course. It’s the arc where I found most difficult trying to watch, hence took quite a few long breaks in between.
Music was great, though. Especially Team Rocket's

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Maybe one day I will watch OS again, but not before I do BW. I can't see myself watching AG, though. Too painful.

I love OS, but I'd only watch selected episodes rather than the entire thing; some of the fillers - especially the Johto ones - were dreadful in my opinion. And I personally wanted to re-watch AG since it's practically a blur to me, but I don't have the time nor do I have any favorite episodes from that saga.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Nice, more replies!
AG was more boring than Johto on my opinion, bar Battle Frontier of course. It’s the arc where I found most difficult trying to watch, hence took quite a few long breaks in between.

How was it boring? Not every episode was good obviously, but it had many consistently entertaining episodes.

Nice, more replies!

No, I thought Battle Frontier was boring, not Hoenn: I struggled to get through that far more, personally.
Agreed on the music, though.