• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Anime Marathon

Um... he technically has. They intentionally aged him in that one movie. Then there's the live-action movies. Timmy just doesn't age in the main show.

However, in contrast, Ash Ketchum/Satoshi hasn't aged at all, though, so his current English voice does not fit him at all. He doesn't sound like any 10 y/o boy nowadays...his OG English voice, however, fit him perfectly.

Then again, pretty much all the recasts that were done from the 4Kids/TPCi transition have been for the worse in general.

Last edited:

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
However, in contrast, Ash Ketchum/Satoshi hasn't aged at all, though, so his current English voice does not fit him at all. He doesn't sound like any 10 y/o boy nowadays...his OG English voice, however, fit him perfectly.

Then again, pretty much all the recasts that were done from the 4Kids/TPCi transition have been for the worse in general.

Agreed with all of this.

Ash doesn't need to age, he's an anime character. Why do the Simpsons characters not age even when lot of canonical changes are made? It's like how Pokémon is like, changes to canon, but no aging. It won't until Ash is teen smoker.

Exactly, would you hear VT's smooth performance as Ash, or Sarah rough and dull rendition?

Agreed with all of this.

Ash doesn't need to age, he's an anime character. Why do the Simpsons characters not age even when lot of canonical changes are made? It's like how Pokémon is like, changes to canon, but no aging. It won't until Ash is teen smoker.

Exactly, would you hear VT's smooth performance as Ash, or Sarah rough and dull rendition?

Thanks.

I actually wish he would age, because if we're stuck with Sarah, it would at least make sense that his voice is deeper now: however, if he is to remain ageless as the writers have stated, then Veronica Taylor absolutely needs to reprise the role.

Either way I would rather listen to VT's smooth, less rough, rendition of Ash, though.

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
Thanks.

I actually wish he would age, because if we're stuck with Sarah, it would at least make sense that his voice is deeper now: however, if he is to remain ageless as the writers have stated, then Veronica Taylor absolutely needs to reprise the role.

Either way I would rather listen to VT's smooth, less rough, rendition of Ash, though.

I do too, it'd make sense for Ash to have a deeper voice if he's older. But since he's ageless, VT is the only choice for him in the English dub. Ash's Hindi VA gives a consistent and smooth performance as well.

Who wouldn't? I would too.

I do too, it'd make sense for Ash to have a deeper voice if he's older. But since he's ageless, VT is the only choice for him in the English dub. Ash's Hindi VA gives a consistent and smooth performance as well.

Who wouldn't? I would too.
I couldn't agree more, man: I feel the same way.

chalkus

Best Wishes tried to do a reboot and it didn't work.

XY ignores this and brings Ash back to what he was at the end of DP, or close to it. If anything the XY anime feels like it was meant to take place directly after DP.

XY worked out for the better that way. I just wonder how Iris will be treated when she makes her return. I would love it if she got Serena to say, "He's such a kid," to Ash.

I'm watching Battle Frontier, and all I can say is the voice acting in there is AWFUL. How the hell did you guys manage to survive through that?

Easy: because DP and XY's voice acting, music, and script writing (well, DP dub only in the latter regard, but XY dub's latest episode script writing wise was in BF dub territory) in the English dub was (and is) even worse somehow.

Last edited:

zhixun

XY worked out for the better that way. I just wonder how Iris will be treated when she makes her return. I would love it if she got Serena to say, "He's such a kid," to Ash.

We are not sure that Iris will make a return here. It may be Haruka instead of Iris since the release of ORAS.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I guess I'm trying this, it really depends on Netflix really, I like having the convience of watching them on the television rather than on the internet, I don't pay as much attention when its on my laptop screen as I do when its on television. I've watched all the OS episodes that are on Netflix at the moment, which goes from Pokemon I Choose You - Charizard Chills. Its been nice since I've been able to watch them whilst my flat mate is out (he doesn't like pokemon now he's not a kid, well he says that but he's caught the odd episode here and there whilst I've been watching it and has sat there in silence). But yeah its been great reliving my childhood through these episodes, looking forward to when Johto are uploaded on there, I loved the firt series of Johto as a kid because everything felt so fresh and I remember waking up on Sunday mornings to watch them, one episode that sticks in my head was the episode that had the debut of Wooper and Quagsire, I have no idea why but it just does, its a filler episode and I haven't watched it since then. But I don't think they'll be uploaded for another 3 months like the first set of episodes.
I'm hoping that Netflix do OS-AG at least, I've rewatched all of DP already as I have all of those episodes on DVD.
I hope to watch all of AG on Netflix, aside from BW (which I can't stand) its the only series where I didn't watch all the episodes (I've seen the ones that I've wanted to watch such as gym battles, captures, and contests, leagues and the BF battles). I did try and watch them all before but like I said, watching them on the laptop just isn't the same as on tv so I think I got to an episode which was about Secret Bases and then gave up.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Given that the Hoenn remakes are coming out in November, its probably a good time to give AG a proper viewing especially for those who never seen it before.

Hoenn is also the last time you'll ever hear the 4kids voice actors, so if you want to get nostalgic for the original Ash, Brock and Team Rocket voices....there you go.

Given that the Hoenn remakes are coming out in November, its probably a good time to give AG a proper viewing especially for those who never seen it before.

Hoenn is also the last time you'll ever hear the 4kids voice actors, so if you want to get nostalgic for the original Ash, Brock and Team Rocket voices....there you go.

I also recommend not watching the BF portion for obvious reasons in addition to this, but I agree.

Kdude146

For me I think Best Wishes became good at BW082 because that's when Pokémon from older regions started showing up again and I enjoyed the Team Plasma and Decolora Island arc

WaterTypeWarrior

In my opinion, if you've already gotten this far with watching every episode, you may as well truck on through BW. I'll admit that BW is easily the weakest saga of this entire show, but it really isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

And hey, when I first decided to get back into the show, I caught up right as BW was hitting its fifth episode. You can bet that was a letdown to go through all the work catching up just to sit through three years of Ash being a complete moron. At least you have the ability to move through it at a fast pace and ultimately end up with XY when you're done. Much better reward than what I got.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The main problem with BW is it came directly after DP. Honestly BW felt like it should have taken place after Johto. It just didn't fit where it did.

The XY anime almost feels like it comes directly from the end of DP.

zhixun

The main problem with BW is it came directly after DP. Honestly BW felt like it should have taken place after Johto. It just didn't fit where it did.

The XY anime almost feels like it comes directly from the end of DP.

What is the reason for that? At least the appearance of Pansy in Unova make some continuity that XY follows from BW.