• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

ChiVulpix

Pokémon master
I would love a story that revolves around a new protagonist who looks up to Ash and wants to become a Pokémon master, just like him. We could have it take place when Ash is grown up and have him be an idol figure like Leon.

BlueDragonfangirl

I would love a story that revolves around a new protagonist who looks up to Ash and wants to become a Pokémon master, just like him. We could have it take place when Ash is grown up and have him be an idol figure like Leon.
I’d be ok with that if it was Ash and Serena’s kid :p

I still don’t want Ash to leave, he’s the reason why I’ve stuck with the anime to now no but Journey’s has been an up hill battle for me.

And I really don’t think he will leave either, it’s been like this since the end of AG I think over this and nothing happens.

DayQuil95

A new protagonist would be interesting, since they could still have Ash mentor them in ways. Plus Ash's battling style is not the only one in the world, they could have them be someone who's better adapted to using heavy mons like Torterra, stallers like Goodra, or actually have a wider knowledge on the logical side but not be the best at improvising, so that Ash could actually teach them something new while learning from them in his own way.

bmw9413

If they continue with Ash into the S/V anime then I want there to be a timeskip/have a more mature theme like XYZ. If not they can Ash's journey with him finally becoming champion, everyone celebrate, the narrator says a few words, and the final shot is him with Serena, hinting at the "Amourshipping future" the director talked about. Then S/V can have a whole new protagonist.

If they continue with Ash into the S/V anime then I want there to be a timeskip/have a more mature theme like XYZ. If not they can Ash's journey with him finally becoming champion, everyone celebrate, the narrator says a few words, and the final shot is him with Serena, hinting at the "Amourshipping future" the director talked about. Then S/V can have a whole new protagonist.
**** YES
And the protagonist is their kid

Zweilous

Go-ing for Gold
I'd rather have a series where Ash carries a gun and becomes a poacher than deal with that. I actually don't dislike Serena's character. I think characters should return, have expanded roles or have the capacity to be taken in different directions. I really liked her role in Journeys because she was confident, helpful, showed quite a bit of skill as a performer, and showed that she was building on her past experiences and relationships.

But I don't want a whole series with her, unless they completely retool her character. Let's be real, the main reason why Serena is popular is because she loves Ash, and a lot of people self-insert as him. But for me, the crush was the second-worst part of her character. It was executed horribly and will stick to her character forever. For me to accept her in another large role, she'll need to go through a lot of changes. And at that point, you might as well just make a new character. Someone with a better team. (Except you, Pancham. I love you.)

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Having Ash's kid be the next protagonist is a dumb idea im sorry
First of all it would require a ten year time skip
Second of all, the next greatest being the offspring of the previous greatest as a storytelling device has always sucked to me
Id rather a random kid from the boonies inspired by Ash and preferably a female is the next MC then Ash's kid
Plus I dont want Ash to grow up into an adult figure even when he isnt the MC as of now, show him in his teens maybe, but a child and all? Nah

I'd rather have a series where Ash carries a gun and becomes a poacher than deal with that. I actually don't dislike Serena's character. I think characters should return, have expanded roles or have the capacity to be taken in different directions. I really liked her role in Journeys because she was confident, helpful, showed quite a bit of skill as a performer, and showed that she was building on her past experiences and relationships.

But I don't want a whole series with her, unless they completely retool her character. Let's be real, the main reason why Serena is popular is because she loves Ash, and a lot of people self-insert as him. But for me, the crush was the second-worst part of her character. It was executed horribly and will stick to her character forever. For me to accept her in another large role, she'll need to go through a lot of changes. And at that point, you might as well just make a new character. Someone with a better team. (Except you, Pancham. I love you.)
I disagree with this except I love Serena’s Pancham

DayQuil95

Having Ash's kid be the next protagonist is a dumb idea im sorry
First of all it would require a ten year time skip
Second of all, the next greatest being the offspring of the previous greatest as a storytelling device has always sucked to me
Id rather a random kid from the boonies inspired by Ash and preferably a female is the next MC then Ash's kid
Plus I dont want Ash to grow up into an adult figure even when he isnt the MC as of now, show him in his teens maybe, but a child and all? Nah
This. I don't want no Ash's child to be the next protagonist, just give us a legitimately different person who's not Ash 2.0 and can still hold a series on their back, it shouldn't be hard to have a 2 years timeskip with Ash still being in the scene, but not being the main focus.

TheNewGuy

No kids for Ash and no big flashforwards.

New protagonist, Ash as either recurring or main cast (as a Brock figure). I'd have Ash join the MC for the bulk of the series, then leave for a while so the MC can try to grow outside of Ash's shadow.

That's the best way to go imo, and also the only way him beating Leon makes real sense. Ash as mentor, not newb, is the way the series should progress. A three-saga arc (Ash as top contender in XYZ, owning pseudo-legendaries and reaching finals, Ash as Champion, then Ash as World Champion) to establish that he is at the top and the 25-year journey is at an end, and let's start relatively fresh.

It is absolute idiocy for the writers to put Ash at the pinnacle of battling in the world, then have him presumably lose to randoms in the new region. They have to be past the point of soft resets. No. He is now - and should be held up by the show as - the man.

Honestly even Ash losing to Leon, making him only #2 in the world, having beaten multiple champions, still leaves him with almost nowhere to go.

Badfemalecompanion

There are only two ways I can see Ash in the S/V anime is firstly, if the elite trainers in the region are hyped up as being at elite four/champion level. So, if there are gyms, the first gym leader will already have to be at elite four level for it to be plausible.

The second way is Ash suffers some kind of memory loss and is pulled to an alternate dimension where the S/V anime takes place.

kickachu

Momentai!
No kids for Ash and no big flashforwards.

New protagonist, Ash as either recurring or main cast (as a Brock figure). I'd have Ash join the MC for the bulk of the series, then leave for a while so the MC can try to grow outside of Ash's shadow.

That's the best way to go imo, and also the only way him beating Leon makes real sense. Ash as mentor, not newb, is the way the series should progress. A three-saga arc (Ash as top contender in XYZ, owning pseudo-legendaries and reaching finals, Ash as Champion, then Ash as World Champion) to establish that he is at the top and the 25-year journey is at an end, and let's start relatively fresh.

It is absolute idiocy for the writers to put Ash at the pinnacle of battling in the world, then have him presumably lose to randoms in the new region. They have to be past the point of soft resets. No. He is now - and should be held up by the show as - the man.

Honestly even Ash losing to Leon, making him only #2 in the world, having beaten multiple champions, still leaves him with almost nowhere to go.
But look at Goku he was a mc and had kids so why no to ash

charinija

Pokemon Master
As in football, there may be a long-term championship where 3 points are awarded to the winner.

Opponents will fight each other.

The winner can get the champion of the previous season and the right to fight with the Elite 4s.

It's a league-style tournament, not a fight with GYM leaders.

With PWC, different participants will not be former champions and elite 4s. GYM leaders will not attend either. A tournament that only pokemon trainers will participate in.

bmw9413

We don't have to have another series with her but dont tell me the writers went through all that trouble to establish a romance between Ash and Serena not to do anything with it down the road. Yes, she's a popular Idol now and has a personality that doesn't revolve around Ash but her love for him is a major part of her character and why she was created in the first place, to be his future love interest whenever the show ends/Ash's journey ends.

Zweilous

Go-ing for Gold
We don't have to have another series with her but dont tell me the writers went through all that trouble to establish a romance between Ash and Serena not to do anything with it down the road. Yes, she's a popular Idol now and has a personality that doesn't revolve around Ash but her love for him is a major part of her character and why she was created in the first place, to be his future love interest whenever the show ends/Ash's journey ends.
The writers all that trouble to establish a romance between Ash and Serena not to do anything with it down the road. It had a purpose in XY, but I doubt they'll ever go anywhere with an actual romance between them during the course of the show. It just exists for continuity and fanservice now. And if they hook them up in an epilogue, it probably won't mean anything because the show's over. If they do another series with Ash and Serena's kid, then Serena will most likely not be a main character or be all that relevant.

I know the crush is an important character, I never said otherwise. I just said I didn't like it and thought it was poorly executed. I said I would personally want the crush removed if she were to come back as a main character. But if you're removing a big part of her character, you might as well just use someone else instead. Basically, I wouldn't want her back as a main character.

Landton

I actually wouldn't mind a timeskip but Ash/Serena don't have to have a kid or anything. You can easily skip to a 15-17 year old Ash and have the same effect. If Serena appears she can be a recurring character and her crush would be likely more apparent since teenagers can have relationships and they don't have to dance around it.