• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

cohenmarioman

It is terrible, ever since 4kids has not been involved, it has gone down the tubes, no way to get back up. Yugioh 5Ds has surpassed it.

Reign G

Roggen and Rolan
Ever since 4kids hasn't been involved it's gone down in quality?

It still has the same writing staff. Try again.

I actually find it really ironic that people were hating on 4Kids while they ran the show, and after TPCI took over they started praising 4Kids.
I mean, things have calmed down in the last four years, but as cohenmarioman demonstrated, these whiners still exist.

Reign G

Roggen and Rolan
There wasn't anything obvious about it. All he said was the show's bad.

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
YuGiOh 5D ratings are barely better that it isn't much to brag about.

YuGiOh 5D's ratings aren't that good either. It's been a long while since I've seen a 4kids cartoon with real good ratings.

The only real good ratings I'm seeing in America is the english cartoons. I haven't seen great rating for japanese anime on TV in America for a long time.

Ever considered that japanese anime in general are losing their ground on TV where you guys are and it isn't so much to do with quality. Plus the TV slot change really hurt the ratings. It's just too coincidental that the ratings chopped in half when the timeslot changed.

More people are watching it online from what I'm seeing aswell. I mean why is CN online and TCPI's website have more pokemon episodes put online CN online case and started putting episodes iup TCPI's site case n the last few months. Sounds to me more people are watching online than ever before.

Then of course there's people who just wait for the DVD releases to watch them.

I don't think quality has much to do with the ratings of season 12. Considering the reasons people have said for why the anime has bad quality and thought was horrible, I'd be surprised if those people actually watched 4 seasons which is where we up to now. I mean to watch 4 seasons it means there must have been some good quality because why on earth would you watch it and then suddenly now say you quit?
Especially when the so called bad quality according to alot of these people is to do with the company change over.

4 seasons is quite alot of season when you think about it.

However I enjoy both dubs. They're fine. Japanese version better but I enjoy both dubs. Neither are horrible.

I personally don't care anymore aslong as I enjoy it. I'll just enjoy it while it's still around because one day it will dissappear and it really doesn't matter whether the quality is good or bad when that happens because people will get sick of it eventually like every other old cartoon that's had a long run.

I'm personally collecting a backlog of Pokemon DVD's just in case. No use saying I'll leave it to later and finding it hard to get all of a sudden. Did it once years ago and almost regretted it. Thankyou magna Pacific for giving Australia Pokemon DVd's that's all I can say. Have season 1 through to 11 on DVD and movie 1 through to 11 on DVD aswell. I'm pretty well stocked up.^-^

personally I hope Pokemon last alot longer though. I wouldn't really worry unless hte Pokemon episodes are suddenly chucked off the websites to be quite honest.

Sorry about the editing.

Last edited:

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
dude, Yugioh GX wasn't even good...

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Seriously, the voice really don't matter at all, its the quality of writing that does. And if you actually watch the new episodes then you can see that the writing and effort is a lot better than the old stories.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Seriously, the voice really don't matter at all, its the quality of writing that does. And if you actually watch the new episodes then you can see that the writing and effort is a lot better than the old stories.

Just saying that voices do matter, as that's what your actually hearing. As for the writing, if you mean dialogue, it consists of the CotD saying something, Ash repeating it, Dawn repeating it with possibly a slight variation (generally of incredulity) and after receiving some sort of a reply, everyone starts repeating it again. I also hate the "enforced" moral the narrator says at the end of most episodes. Just talk about where they're headed, say "stay tuned" and be done with it >.<

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
I guess we did not notice the date, but I do like the 4kids episodes much better, mostly for the voice acting, and the use of original music.

Date?
You mean like April fools or have I misunderstood.=P

4kids was good in the early season with japanese music but they went weird after a while. TCPI continues the weirdness. I always wonder what caused the weirdness in the first place that suddenly had more dub than japanese. Though I do appreciate the few odd episode TCPI managed to pull most of the japanese music intact even if it isn't consistant.

Dub music I wasn't fond of 4kids music. I'm not even fond of TCPI music. So I guess both gets a thumbs down from me.=P

I always loved the japanese music so the more the better in my opinion.

Though I can watch the stuff with the dub music. The dub music is just not rememberable for me that's all.XP

cohenmarioman

Pokemon music in general is not so memorable. When was the last time they released a sound track? I am not joking with this post.

I actually made this thread as a joke, but seeing as it got some hits, I will take is semi seriously now.

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
Pokemon music in general is not so memorable. When was the last time they released a sound track? I am not joking with this post.

Japan still releases soundtracks actually for movies.

Though the english countries CD's obviously aren't as much in demand. They did release that 10th anniversary one in America if I remember correctly. Well was a cd around then anyway.

I don't know how well it did though.

I don't remember that CD getting outside america which really makes one wonder how well the CD's do anymore.=/

Downloading music from online is very big and I wouldn't be surprised if that's what people did.

I find the movie japanese music memorable. A few tunes from movie 10 and movie 11 were great. Same with movie 9, 7 and 8.
Though I have the music on cd so I can listen to them more so that's maybe why I remember them more.

I actually made this thread as a joke, but seeing as it got some hits, I will take is semi seriously now.

I fell right into the joke aswell.XD
I get so caught up in debates that I tend to just fall for everything by that point.lol

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
So in Japan, they do not release regular sound tracks like for Yugioh, which releases Sound Duels every 40 episodes or so.

They do have other Cd's.

I haven't got them but going by some import stores they're like CD's with intro music for the series and stuff like that.

There maybe others that aren't coming to mind right now.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
As a blatant April Fools topic (and shame on the rest of you for not figuring it out), I was all set to slap you with a 3-point spam infraction. HOWEVER, since you actually made a serious attempt to turn it into a serious thread, I'll let you go without penalty.

That said, I am going to close this given its joking nature, but I'll give you a second chance to create a NEW topic on the matter IF you can not only do it properly, but lay out a set of guidelines telling people not to mindlessly flame other users, companies, voice actors, etc. Think you're up for it? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.