• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Announcer Discussion Thread - Make Your Own Pokemon Announcer Battle Quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
This is a feature a lot of Pokemon fans would like to see return from Pokemon Stadium, Stadium 2, and Battle Revolution, the return of the Pokemon Announcer. In Pokemon Stadium and Stadium 2, Ted Lewis, who voices Pokemon anime characters like Tracey, James, or Giovanni, does the voice for the Pokemon Announcer. For Pokemon Battle Revolution, Rodger Parsons, who does the voice of the Pokemon Narrator, does the voice for the Pokemon Announcer.

This seemingly simple detail is something a lot of Pokemon fans loved as it makes battles feel a bit more alive, with Battle Revolution pushing it even further, always hyping every attack move, the change of scenery due to weather effects, or mentioning the beauty of the Colosseum. GameFreak often talks about how they want to revolutionize there games by making the Pokemon and concepts surrounding Pokemon feel more "alive", you just gotta have the Pokemon Announcer return in Pokemon Switch.

Some lines from Pokemon Battle Revolution's Pokemon Announcer

"Complete Destruction by Shadow Force!" (Exclusive to Shadow Force)
"INCINERATED by Magma Storm!" (Exclusive to Magma Storm)
"TORN Apart by Spacial Rend!" (Exclusive to Spacial Rend)
"It went down as soon as it came out!" (Pokemon fainted by Hazard moves)
"A Fierce Blow! The Red corner barely holds on!" (Pokemon is near KO)
"A Crushing Blow!" (Knocking out a Pokemon)
"The Stage is set! And the curtain is up!" (Pokemon setting up)
"A beautiful attack!" (Pokemon using a beautiful attack?)
"It's pouring rain in the colosseum! I wonder how this is going to affect the battle?" (Rain Dance is in effect)
"There ready to battle and are awaiting there trainers orders" (Choosing moves from the menu)
"The Battle Begins!" (Pokemon makes the first move)
"It couldn't take it! It's down!" (Pokemon is knocked out)
"A brilliant attack! Right from the start!" (Knocking out the Pokemon in the first turn)
"Wow! Giant Pokemon sure make this Colosseum look tiny!" (Giant Pokemon in battle)
"Millions of stars flicker in the night as we stand on this meteorite. An exciting battle is about to begin in an world of illusion created by the Pokétopia Master." (Battling the Poketopia Master in Stargazer Colosseum)
"HUUUURLED BY SEISMIC TOSS!" (Exclusive to Seismic Toss)
"SAAAA-SMASHED BY CRUSH GRIPPED" (Exclusive to Crush Grip)

Make your own Pokemon Announcer Battle Quotes!
This isn't just a thread to talk about how awesome the Pokemon Announcer feature is. Come up with your own Announcer Quotes to enhance the immersion of Pokemon battles, be it for past Pokemon titles to Pokemon Switch. For example how will the Pokemon Announcer introduce Gym Leaders. Here's an example based on the quote for the Poketopia Master.

"Millions of stars flicker in the night as we stand on this meteorite. An exciting battle is about to begin in an world of illusion created by the Pokétopia Master." - Battle Revolution (Poketopia Master Boss Battle)
"Millions of stars flicker across the strange cosmos. An exciting battle is brewing in an world of illusion created by the Psychic Gym Leader Olympia of Anistar City!" - Pokemon XYZ HD remake (Gym Leader Boss Battle)

Or how about how moves can change the scenery of the Colosseum?
"It's pouring rain in the colosseum! I wonder how this is going to affect the battle?" - Battle Revolution (Rain Dance)
"Oh! What's going on!? A strange mystifying terrain of Psychic energy has emerged out of nowhere! How will this affect the outcome of the match!" - Pokemon Switch (Psychic Terrain)

Or maybe focus quotes exclusively to moves?
"Ripped apart by Roar of Time!" - Battle Revolution (Roar of Time)
"Struck by life-draining destruction! OBLIVION WING!" - Pokemon Switch (Oblivion Wing)

Before posting your opinion on this, I'd recommend you take a quick refreshing look at the Pokemon Announcer's work in Battle Revolution. This could be in any battle video or a video focusing on every line he said.

Boss Rush Link - I think this is the best way to listen to the Pokemon Announcer's acting as you get to hear the intensifying music and see the awesome camera angles as well -

Announced Moves List 1 - This is the link for people who want to specifically see each dialogue line -

Last edited:

Orphalesion

Oh god no, that guy was so annoying in Stadium.

Yes I've watched the video as far as I could stand it. And it takes less than a minute for it to get goofy. "A heated battle is unfolding in the Colosseum!!!" No. No, it's not. The Staravia used Arial Ace and the Mudkip ate a berry, that's not a heated battle.

And how's the announcer going to work in Switch, where you just *aren't* always battling in an official arena/Colosseum? Is some creep following me around commenting on every battle I'm fighting? If so can I report him to the authorities and have him arrested?
What about wild Pokemon battles? When a Pokemon is difficult to catch I don't need an overly-enthusiastic announcer telling me each time that, for example "Chansey escaped it's ball! I can't believe it!!!!!" Neither do I have the need for every of my attacks to be pronounced a "Fierce Blow!!"

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I feel this needs to be a voice acting thread, but alas.

The reason there is a announcer in the Stadium games is because they are located in a stadium. XD and Colosseum, despite following the same idea, do not have an announcer. So the only way to bring back this would be for Wi-Fi battles, which could only work if it is optional.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I feel this needs to be a voice acting thread, but alas.

The reason there is a announcer in the Stadium games is because they are located in a stadium. XD and Colosseum, despite following the same idea, do not have an announcer. So the only way to bring back this would be for Wi-Fi battles, which could only work if it is optional.

An announcer might be pointless when it comes to official Pokemon tournaments with actual people giving live commentary.

shoz999

I feel a Pokemon Announcer would be possible in Battle Facilities, like Pokemon Gyms, Battle Frontier or Frontier-Clones, or Testing Centers, stuff like that rather than him following you at every route or cave.

Also I was thinking the Pokemon Announcer could be expanded even further in Pokemon Switch rather than always saying "Fierce blow" a lot.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Most of the game is likely going to be set outside a stadium so I doubt there's any purpose to include voice clips for the announcer or likely not be included at all. So it will be more likely to be included in a more limited part of the game if it is included, like battle facilities, stadiums, etc.

shoz999

I think the Pokemon Announcer will play a bigger role than you guys think. Battle facilities play a huge role in the main story as mostly gyms and the Elite Four and the majority of the post-game content, such as Battle Frontier, World Tournament, Battle Tree etc. There's also the fact that the Pokemon Announcer can play a huge role in not only Online Multiplayer but also various online events and competitions. In fact if Pokemon Switch is anything like Pokemon Colosseum, they'll definitely have a feature where you can also choose your own Stadiums and Colosseums, which will be a bonus as well to the Pokemon Announcer.

Sprinter1988

"Well, that was a bad call..." - made if you do one of the following:
1) Try to use a move your opponent is immune to due to type or ability, such as Earthquake against a Flying Type, Psystrike against a Dark Type, trying to put a pokemon with the Insomnia ability to sleep, trying to burn a pokemon with Water Veil etc.
2) Triggering the opponent's ability to their benefit, such as raising the attack stat by landing a crit on a pokemon with Anger Point, raising the special attack by using and electric move on a pokemon with Lightning Rod, or using a water type move to heal an opponent with Water Absorb, or a getting yourself a status condition by hitting an opponent with Flame Body, Static, Poison Point, Cute Charm or Effect Spore
3) Causing your own pokemon to faint due to a recoil move such as Double-Edge, Flare Blitz or Brave Bird. Or causing your pokemon to faint due to Explosion or Self-Destruct, though this is only spoken if you fail to take the opponent down with you.

"Not a chance..." - made if you send out a pokemon with an extreme disadvantage, such as a Parasect being sent out against a Charizard.

"That was brutal to watch..." - when a pokemon at an extreme disadvantage is taken out, such as a Caterpie being taken out by a Rock Slide from a Golem.

"They're really dragging this out..." - made if the whole battle has gone on for longer than 20 turns.

shoz999

"Well, that was a bad call..." - made if you do one of the following:
1) Try to use a move your opponent is immune to due to type or ability, such as Earthquake against a Flying Type, Psystrike against a Dark Type, trying to put a pokemon with the Insomnia ability to sleep, trying to burn a pokemon with Water Veil etc.
2) Triggering the opponent's ability to their benefit, such as raising the attack stat by landing a crit on a pokemon with Anger Point, raising the special attack by using and electric move on a pokemon with Lightning Rod, or using a water type move to heal an opponent with Water Absorb, or a getting yourself a status condition by hitting an opponent with Flame Body, Static, Poison Point, Cute Charm or Effect Spore
3) Causing your own pokemon to faint due to a recoil move such as Double-Edge, Flare Blitz or Brave Bird. Or causing your pokemon to faint due to Explosion or Self-Destruct, though this is only spoken if you fail to take the opponent down with you.

"Not a chance..." - made if you send out a pokemon with an extreme disadvantage, such as a Parasect being sent out against a Charizard.

"That was brutal to watch..." - when a pokemon at an extreme disadvantage is taken out, such as a Caterpie being taken out by a Rock Slide from a Golem.

"They're really dragging this out..." - made if the whole battle has gone on for longer than 20 turns.

I feel like a lot of what you said about advantages and disadvantages to certain Pokemon would work well on switch-outs.

Sprinter1988

I feel like a lot of what you said about advantages and disadvantages to certain Pokemon would work well on switch-outs.

Yeah, probably. Here's some more:

"That was the best bang since the Big One!" - made if your use of Explosion or Self-Destruct takes out all of your opponents' side of the field in a double or triple battle.

"Try evolving it next time, buddy" - made if a pokemon that isn't fully evolved gets knocked out.

"Maybe you should have evolved it differently..." - made if a pokemon that is one of the final forms of a branching evolution (Eeveelutions, Hitmons, Vileplume & Bellossom etc) is knocked out.

"It's as if Cynthia herself were on the battlefield" - made if you are using a Garchomp that has taken out several pokemon in a row (similar comments made regarding Lance for Dragonite, Steven for Metagross, Alder for Volcarona, Diantha for Gardevoir and Kukui for Lycanroc.

"There's some OG power on the battlefield right now..." made if all the pokemon on the battlefield first appeared in Red, Green and Blue.

shoz999

Yeah, probably. Here's some more:

"That was the best bang since the Big One!" - made if your use of Explosion or Self-Destruct takes out all of your opponents' side of the field in a double or triple battle.

"Try evolving it next time, buddy" - made if a pokemon that isn't fully evolved gets knocked out.

"Maybe you should have evolved it differently..." - made if a pokemon that is one of the final forms of a branching evolution (Eeveelutions, Hitmons, Vileplume & Bellossom etc) is knocked out.

"It's as if Cynthia herself were on the battlefield" - made if you are using a Garchomp that has taken out several pokemon in a row (similar comments made regarding Lance for Dragonite, Steven for Metagross, Alder for Volcarona, Diantha for Gardevoir and Kukui for Lycanroc.

"There's some OG power on the battlefield right now..." made if all the pokemon on the battlefield first appeared in Red, Green and Blue.
Okay that's GENIUS. I love that idea! Where if you use a Battle Legend's signature Pokemon that sweeps multiple pokemon, the announcer will compare you to past battle legends like Cynthia's Garchomp or Red's Pikachu.

Status
Not open for further replies.