• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Announcer Discussion Thread

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
This is a feature a lot of Pokemon fans would like to see return from Pokemon Stadium, Stadium 2, and Battle Revolution, the return of the Pokemon Announcer. In Pokemon Stadium and Stadium 2, Ted Lewis, who voices Pokemon anime characters like Tracey, James, or Giovanni, does the voice for the Pokemon Announcer. For Pokemon Battle Revolution, Rodger Parsons, who does the voice of the Pokemon Narrator, does the voice for the Pokemon Announcer.

This seemingly simple detail is something a lot of Pokemon fans loved as it makes battles feel a bit more alive, with Battle Revolution pushing it even further, always hyping every attack move, the change of scenery due to weather effects, or mentioning the beauty of the Colosseum. GameFreak often talks about how they want to revolutionize there games by making the Pokemon and concepts surrounding Pokemon feel more "alive", you just gotta have the Pokemon Announcer return in Pokemon Switch.

Some lines from Pokemon Battle Revolution's Pokemon Announcer

"Complete Destruction by Shadow Force!" (Exclusive to Shadow Force)
"INCINERATED by Magma Storm!" (Exclusive to Magma Storm)
"TORN Apart by Spacial Rend!" (Exclusive to Spacial Rend)
"It went down as soon as it came out!" (Pokemon fainted by Hazard moves)
"A Fierce Blow! The Red corner barely holds on!" (Pokemon is near KO)
"A Crushing Blow!" (Knocking out a Pokemon)
"The Stage is set! And the curtain is up!" (Pokemon setting up)
"A beautiful attack!" (Pokemon using a beautiful attack?)
"It's pouring rain in the colosseum! I wonder how this is going to affect the battle?" (Rain Dance is in effect)
"There ready to battle and are awaiting there trainers orders" (Choosing moves from the menu)
"The Battle Begins!" (Pokemon makes the first move)
"It couldn't take it! It's down!" (Pokemon is knocked out)
"A brilliant attack! Right from the start!" (Knocking out the Pokemon in the first turn)
"Wow! Giant Pokemon sure make this Colosseum look tiny!" (Giant Pokemon in battle)
"Millions of stars flicker in the night as we stand on this meteorite. An exciting battle is about to begin in an world of illusion created by the Pokétopia Master." (Battling the Poketopia Master in Stargazer Colosseum)
"HUUUURLED BY SEISMIC TOSS!" (Exclusive to Seismic Toss)
"SAAAA-SMASHED BY CRUSH GRIPPED" (Exclusive to Crush Grip)

Make your own Pokemon Announcer Battle Quotes!
This isn't just a thread to talk about how awesome the Pokemon Announcer feature is. Come up with your own Announcer Quotes to enhance the immersion of Pokemon battles, be it for past Pokemon titles to Pokemon Switch. For example how will the Pokemon Announcer introduce Gym Leaders. Here's an example based on the quote for the Poketopia Master.

"Millions of stars flicker in the night as we stand on this meteorite. An exciting battle is about to begin in an world of illusion created by the Pokétopia Master." - Battle Revolution (Poketopia Master Boss Battle)
"Millions of stars flicker across the strange cosmos. An exciting battle is brewing in an world of illusion created by the Psychic Gym Leader Olympia of Anistar City!" - Pokemon XYZ HD remake (Gym Leader Boss Battle)

Or how about how moves can change the scenery of the Colosseum?
"It's pouring rain in the colosseum! I wonder how this is going to affect the battle?" - Battle Revolution (Rain Dance)
"Oh! What's going on!? A strange mystifying terrain of Psychic energy has emerged out of nowhere! How will this affect the outcome of the match!" - Pokemon Switch (Psychic Terrain)

Or maybe focus quotes exclusively to moves?
"Ripped apart by Roar of Time!" - Battle Revolution (Roar of Time)
"Struck by life-draining destruction! OBLIVION WING!" - Pokemon Switch (Oblivion Wing)

Before posting your opinion on this, I'd recommend you take a quick refreshing look at the Pokemon Announcer's work in Battle Revolution. This could be in any battle video or a video focusing on every line he said.

Boss Rush Link - I think this is the best way to listen to the Pokemon Announcer's acting as you get to hear the intensifying music and see the awesome camera angles as well -

Announced Moves List 1 - This is the link for people who want to specifically see each dialogue line -

NOTE: This is a re-posted thread. Many many threads in the Pokemon Let's Go section were aimed at Generation 8 but due to some confusions and the unexpected Let's Go titles, many detailed 8th gen threads have been "lost" there, not sure if that's the proper word. Anyways, I'm going to delete the old threads in the Let's Go section in a week so if you have some arguments or ideas you want people to hear out, hurry up and copy and paste them.

Orphalesion

I will repeat what I said in the other thread:

I really don't want the announcer, he was goofy and awkward and repetitive. And it would be weird to have an announcer comment every single trainer battle.

In gym/Pokemon league matches, I guess it would work, now that LGPR apparently adds an audience to those. But even here I'd hope I could turn it off.

DSDark

Breeder
I think this would be a good feature in certain places in the game such as gyms, the elite 4 and in battle facilities. Other wise why would an announcer be around. In this location having an announcer would add to the event and make it seem like the whole region would actually be watching the e4 or battle facilities.

Creyk

What a strange idea, I certainly didn't think about this feature in years. I think it would be okay in game but with all online battles it could become problematic with it's repetitiveness.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
What a strange idea, I certainly didn't think about this feature in years. I think it would be okay in game but with all online battles it could become problematic with it's repetitiveness.
I don't think it's strange. It never felt repetitive when playing Battle Revolution. If anything it felt like a must-have standard of Pokemon online gaming. However if it does feel repetitive to some, they could always turn it off if GameFreak offers that option.

Ducolamia

SAYYYY WHAT???
I'm on board with this idea as long as I can turn it off. Having voices are cool and all but it gets annoying super quick for me. So having the option not to have them what I want personally.
A good implementation would be to have it so these voices play during gym battles or special facilities.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I don't think it'd be necessary since the announcers in Stadium and Revolution were annoying. I didn't need his commentary for every single move or super effective hit. I can clearly see it happening on screen.

Last edited: