• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

---Pokemon Arena--- Round 3

Icarus©

Full on PASBLer

EZ Target?

You Lack Da Moxie
252 Atk Choice Band Electivire (+Atk) Ice Punch vs 0 HP/252 Def Hippowdon (+Def) : 47.06% - 55.46% (2-3 hits to KO) thats assuming impish which you didnt specify anyway either you still cant win 70% of the time which is required.

EZ Target?

You Lack Da Moxie
Hydreigon@choice specs
Levitate
Modest
252Spatt/252hp/4speed
-focus blast
-surf
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast

Icarus©

Full on PASBLer
Hydreigon@choice specs
Levitate
Modest
252Spatt/252hp/4speed
-focus blast
-surf
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast

>.> there is nothing that can switch in without being Ko-ed 70% of the time and then OHKO back with outspeeding.
Pick another
Volcarona comes close but it only has a chance of 60+%

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
This is all I got *prepares for calcs since I can't find a great damage calculator sadly*

Jellicent@ Leftovers
Cursed Body
Calm
EVs: 252 HP 252 Sp defense 4 sp attack
Ice Beam
Recover
Scald
HP Grass

Don't worry boss, your employee will do it for you.

Switch in
252'Specs Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs Max SDef/HP Jellicent : 63.1% ~ 74.5%

Turn 1
-2 252 Specs Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs Max SDef/HP Jellicent : 31.4% ~ 37.4%
Jellicent Ice Beam vs Hydreigon : 40.6% ~ 48.0%

Now, you can use Recover to stall it. But Hydreigon on Turn 1 has a good chance of KOing you. Considering it outspeeds Jellicnt... As for Cursed Body, not sure too. Someone give a verdict?

Icarus©

Full on PASBLer
Don't worry boss, your employee will do it for you.

Switch in
252'Specs Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs Max SDef/HP Jellicent : 63.1% ~ 74.5%

Turn 1
-2 252 Specs Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs Max SDef/HP Jellicent : 31.4% ~ 37.4%
Jellicent Ice Beam vs Hydreigon : 40.6% ~ 48.0%

Now, you can use Recover to stall it. But Hydreigon on Turn 1 has a good chance of KOing you. Considering it outspeeds Jellicnt... As for Cursed Body, not sure too. Someone give a verdict?
Opinion:
:3
Since Jelli can stall it, and kill it with ice beam, its should be a counter.
I'm not sure about the exact percentages, but say we let it slide, for the sake of the game?

BTW the pokemon showdown calc is pretty good

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Opinion:
:3
Since Jelli can stall it, and kill it with ice beam, its should be a counter.
I'm not sure about the exact percentages, but say we let it slide, for the sake of the game?

BTW the pokemon showdown calc is pretty good

I'm using the app on my phone for this.

But Hydreigon has a good chance of slaughtering Jelly. Let's wait for more experienced battler before we make the verdict,

Prohawk

A Professional Bird
252 SpAtk Choice Specs Hydreigon (+SpAtk) Draco Meteor vs 252 HP/252 SpDef Jellicent (+SpDef) : 63.12% - 74.5% (2 hits to KO)

68.81% damage on average

252 -2 SpAtk Choice Specs Hydreigon (+SpAtk) Draco Meteor vs 252 HP/252 SpDef Jellicent (+SpDef) : 31.44% - 37.38% (4 hits to KO)

34.41% damage on average

68.81 + 34.41 = 103.22%

103.22 - 6.25% recovery from leftovers = 96.97% damage on average (50% or less of the time)

This is as far as I got before I lost interest

Vaporeon@Leftovers
Calm
252HP/252SpDef/4SpAtk
Water Absorb
-Wish
-Protect
-Scald
-Ice Beam

252 SpAtk Choice Specs Hydreigon (+SpAtk) Draco Meteor vs 252 HP/252 SpDef Vaporeon (+SpDef) : 58.41% - 69.18% (2 hits to KO)

252 -2 SpAtk Choice Specs Hydreigon (+SpAtk) Draco Meteor vs 252 HP/252 SpDef Vaporeon (+SpDef) : 29.31% - 34.91% (4-5 hits to KO)

Due to Lefties, Hydreigon can never 2HKO Vaporeon, whereas Vappy can Wish up and Ice Beam for big damage

AnakBaé

252 SpAtk Choice Specs Hydreigon (+SpAtk) Draco Meteor vs 252 HP/252 SpDef Jellicent (+SpDef) : 63.12% - 74.5% (2 hits to KO)

68.81% damage on average

252 -2 SpAtk Choice Specs Hydreigon (+SpAtk) Draco Meteor vs 252 HP/252 SpDef Jellicent (+SpDef) : 31.44% - 37.38% (4 hits to KO)

34.41% damage on average

68.81 + 34.41 = 103.22%

103.22 - 6.25% recovery from leftovers = 96.97% damage on average (50% or less of the time)

This is as far as I got before I lost interest

Vaporeon@Leftovers
Calm
252HP/252SpDef/4SpAtk
Water Absorb
-Wish
-Protect
-Scald
-Ice Beam

252 SpAtk Choice Specs Hydreigon (+SpAtk) Draco Meteor vs 252 HP/252 SpDef Vaporeon (+SpDef) : 58.41% - 69.18% (2 hits to KO)

252 -2 SpAtk Choice Specs Hydreigon (+SpAtk) Draco Meteor vs 252 HP/252 SpDef Vaporeon (+SpDef) : 29.31% - 34.91% (4-5 hits to KO)

Due to Lefties, Hydreigon can never 2HKO Vaporeon, whereas Vappy can Wish up and Ice Beam for big damage
Finally. Its time for...

292.png

Rikudo Sennin (Shedinja)@ Focus sash
Wonder Guard
Adamant
Sword Dance
X-scissor
Shadow Sneak
Heal Block

Assuming that Evil Vap can't touch Shedinja with her filthy and unholy hands. It allows Shedinja to step into the godly level (+6) and slash this rascal with the sword of justice. Leaving an X mark of freedom and holyness on Vaporeon's belly. Not only that, it has Heal Block, the gimmick, stupid, and useless move. It stops Vaporeon from getting its forbidden wish. Leaving the wicked Mermaid cat unable to avoid her inevitable fate, the judgement of Shedinja.
Anyway ignore my bs, here is the boring calcs:

+6 252+ Atk Shedinja X-Scissor vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Vaporeon: 673-793 (145.35 - 171.27%) -- guaranteed OHKO

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Finally. Its time for...

292.png

Rikudo Sennin (Shedinja)@ Focus sash
Wonder Guard
Adamant
Sword Dance
X-scissor
Shadow Sneak
Heal Block

Assuming that Evil Vap can't touch Shedinja with her filthy and unholy hands. It allows Shedinja to step into the godly level (+6) and slash this rascal with the sword of justice. Leaving an X mark of freedom and holyness on Vaporeon's belly. Not only that, it has Heal Block, the gimmick, stupid, and useless move. It stops Vaporeon from getting its forbidden wish. Leaving the wicked Mermaid cat unable to avoid her inevitable fate, the judgement of Shedinja.
Anyway ignore my bs, here is the boring calcs:

+6 252+ Atk Shedinja X-Scissor vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Vaporeon: 673-793 (145.35 - 171.27%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Isn't Shedinja banned too? rule 10?

Prohawk

A Professional Bird
Oh shoot, no wonder why no one used them lmaoooooooooooo my bad.

Mamoswine@ Choice scarf
Thick Fat
Adamant
EVs: 4hp 252 atk 252 speed
Ice Shard
Earthquake
Icicle spear
Superpower

Vaporeon is the one to counter right now, although your Mamo doesn't actually counter anything. Between Wish, Scald, Protect and Lefties, Vappy will come out on top easily. Mamo can't switch in on Banded Hax either, so I don't quite know what you're going for...

AnakBaé

Vaporeon is the one to counter right now, although your Mamo doesn't actually counter anything. Between Wish, Scald, Protect and Lefties, Vappy will come out on top easily. Mamo can't switch in on Banded Hax either, so I don't quite know what you're going for...

I was countering your CB Haxorus, ignoring my mistake with "Shedinja > Vaporeon".

Prohawk

A Professional Bird
I was countering your CB Haxorus, ignoring my mistake with "Shedinja > Vaporeon".

252 Atk Choice Band Haxorus (+Atk) Outrage vs 4 HP/0 Def Mamoswine: 117.68% - 138.67% (Guaranteed OHKO)

252 Atk Choice Band Haxorus (+Atk) Superpower vs 4 HP/0 Def Mamoswine: 156.91% - 185.08% (Guaranteed OHKO)

252 Atk Choice Band Haxorus (+Atk) Aqua Tail vs 4 HP/0 Def Mamoswine: 117.68% - 138.67% (Guaranteed OHKO)

Erm...k...

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
@Vappy

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Surf

I think this would serve as a good counter? It can PP Stall out vaporeon. Ice Beam only do a measly 5%~6% while T-Bolt can 3HKO it. I'm pretty sure T-wave hax will be bad for your health.

Icarus©

Full on PASBLer
@Vappy

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Surf

I think this would serve as a good counter? It can PP Stall out vaporeon. Ice Beam only do a measly 5%~6% while T-Bolt can 3HKO it. I'm pretty sure T-wave hax will be bad for your health.
Swampert
Choice Band Adamant
Moveset
~ Earthquake
~ Waterfall
~ Ice Punch
~ Stone Edge
208 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 44 Spe

Lanturn can't do anything to swampert, while swampert can OHKO with EQ