• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon attacks that shouldn't be like they are?

36squid

ISingTheBodyElectric
36squid, yeah signal beam is quite confusing. I never got this along with Psybeam and Extrasensory.

And yeah, Aurora Beam being a beam of 'excited icy gases' is kinda weird.

Well, a lot of things are unexplainable in Pokemon ;p

About the Ludacris thing, did you want to actually type 'ludicrous' or is there any pun that I just don't get?;p

I think he said some thing about an aurora beam in one of his songs xD, anyway I never got extrasensory either, I often raise an eyebrow at people in real life to see if it will work

chess-z

campy vampire
Also, some Special moves should be Physical. Water moves in particular should be physical. Hydro Pump, Hydro Cannon, Water Pulse, Water Gun etc They are concussive thus they inflict physical damage. Hyper Voice too. It is a concussive sound blast. Draco Meteor should be physical too. Mud Bomb also. I mean guys, okay, Solar Beam is energy based. Thunder is energy based too. But the aforementioned moves obviously inflict physical damage. They aren't energy based. They are concussive and shock the body. Skarmory's body is more physically durable than that of a Blissey thus it should be able to withstand more Hydro Pumps or Mud Bombs.

I see, so kind of like secret sword?

Ferrin

Easily Lost
drain punching will steal a pokemon's Hp somehow i suggest that it seriously boosts morale.
and magic is involved

Jaguartail

I've never gotten why splash has no effect when you're fighting while surfing, or why moves like Bubblebeam and Water Pulse don't have more power when fighting while surfing, or how you can even use Surf as a move when you're actively using it as an hm.

Shraeder

It's Lit
How is Razor Leaf physical yet Magical Leaf is special? They're almost the exact same move -_-

Also how is Stone Edge physical? Is it because the rocks "physically" hit the opponent?
IMO physical attacks should be attacks that involve body contact, and special moves should be ones that don't.

Last edited:

jakovu

Also how is Stone Edge physical? Is it because the rocks "physically" hit the opponent?
IMO physical attacks should be attacks that involve body contact, and special moves should be ones that don't.

By that logic, the only physical Rock moves would be head Smash and Rollout, which is bad, because most Rock-types are physically-oriented.

Shraeder

It's Lit
By that logic, the only physical Rock moves would be head Smash and Rollout, which is bad, because most Rock-types are physically-oriented.

They could've made new moves that were Physical.

Also, I'm kind of basing this by how the moves are shown in the anime, so some moves would still be physical.