• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon B/W boring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frost Mage

<3 Heavenly~
So I've put about 5 hours so far into Pokemon White, and I hate to say it, but I think I find it a little boring... the designs for all the Pokemon at their basic stages seem too cutesy and it almost feels like a chore to go through every gym leader... am I doing something wrong? :/

SceptileFan

I AM RACCOON MAN
That's why you have to make it more interesting yourself. Nickname your Pokemon. Envision yourself actually there and doing all the battling. Evolve th ePokemon you find too cutesy. Heck maybe even start over and do a Nuzlocke challenge. That will be anything but boring.

But once you finish White, buy White 2. It's really cool to compare the older Unova with the more areas, different plotline and travel route, older Pokemon mixed in, and newer Unova.

Frost Mage

<3 Heavenly~
So what made the other regions interesting?
I think it was probably the Pokemon, which is directly related to the nostalgia factor of the older games, so I suppose I'll just have to give it some more time.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
Or just trade over the ones that you're suffering withdrawal from. That helped me and my Ambipom withdrawal. ;424;

Edlim

Yeah, give you some time to assimilate these new creatures. You'll get use to them. Personally, I haven't played all the games, but I think the story in Black/White is strong. And when you play the sequels it's even more fun and strong! Black2/White2 gives you real nostalgia about Black/White! :)

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
I think it was probably the Pokemon, which is directly related to the nostalgia factor of the older games, so I suppose I'll just have to give it some more time.

there. u answered ur own question. get familiar with the new pokes and see all the places. frankly i dont think u have reached the good part of the story when u reach the league. its a poke game made by gf. its supposed to be good

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I did, the game felt a bit too dumbed down in terms of things like regional design and difficulty, also I don't like the whole "reboot" feel because they removed a lot of features that made the game more interesting. Of course BW2 added some of their own, but not the same ones, so it doesn't quite feel the same.

Cutty

Forever now
Compared to other gens, I find Gen 5 a bit not really exciting. But I still like it.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
I thought the storyline was incredible, surpassing that of all the others.

The Gen 5 Pokemon get a lot of crap from genwunners and the like, and I kinda feel sorry for them. But while the Basic Pokemon may seem cute, they're evolved forms are intensly awesome! For example,: Axew -> Haxorus

rpgfan1994

Scizor fan
This is all my personal opinion, but I tried Pokemon Black/White for about 45 minutes, and just put it down. Here are the reasons...

1)The game babies you way too much! I understand that the developers wanted to make it easier for newer players to learn the game, but come on! I mean in the original Red/Blue/Yellow, there was very little that was taught to you, most of it you had to learn on your own, and honestly I found this more appealing to me. I actually felt like a Pokemon master doing it this way.

2) The Pokemon look like something I would find in my 2-year old brother's coloring book. I mean even in most of the fully evolved for, most of them are to damn cuddly! I mean if I had to fight a double scoop ice cream cone, I would probably lose just from me laughing so hard. I mean I understand the beginning Pokemon being cute and all, but where are the monsters? I'm talking like Charizard, Feraligater, Salamence, those are the good ones, not some gears super glued together.

3) And speaking of the older Pokemon, why didn't they put even a couple of them in this game?! Even if there were just maybe 10 older Pokemon, I would of been happy, but did they? No, this is what lost major appeal to me.

4) I was also very disappointed that there wasn't even 1 new evolution! I loved it when 4th gen came out, and a lot of old Pokemon got some new evolutions! To me, that made the game a lot more fun, and made me crave it, with this, it just isn't there.

In all, I got bored with this generation because to me, it didnt feel like Pokemon at all.

Now Im not totally bashing this game, I will admit, I do like the new legendaries, quite a bit of the new music, but that is all that really appeals to me, but that is just my 2 cents
In

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
2) The Pokemon look like something I would find in my 2-year old brother's coloring book.

A 1-year-old could have designed Voltorb, and its evolution required all the creativity of a newborn.

I mean even in most of the fully evolved for, most of them are to damn cuddly! I mean if I had to fight a double scoop ice cream cone, I would probably lose just from me laughing so hard.

I think I might feel similarly if I were forced to fight a pile of eggs with faces, or a living coconut tree, or a living rock with a face and muscular arms, or a pudgy ganguro girl.

I mean I understand the beginning Pokemon being cute and all, but where are the monsters? I'm talking like Charizard, Feraligater, Salamence, those are the good ones, not some gears super glued together.

And I'm talking like Emboar, Samurott, Gigalith, Excadrill, Carracosta, Zoroark, Ferrothorn, Eelektross, Haxorus, Beartic, Druddigon, Bisharp, Braviary, and Hydreigon. Not some dopey mime or a pile of sludge or a living windchime.

3) And speaking of the older Pokemon, why didn't they put even a couple of them in this game?! Even if there were just maybe 10 older Pokemon, I would of been happy, but did they? No, this is what lost major appeal to me.

Black and White were intended to be a "new beginning"; completely estranged from the previous regions for the sake of being a reintroduction. Unova is far away from Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh, so logically, one would expect that all of the Pokemon are completely different (which gives older players a whole new place to explore; a totally new experience. Which would have been an excellent idea, if most of the older players weren't poisoned by overblown nostalgia).

4) I was also very disappointed that there wasn't even 1 new evolution! I loved it when 4th gen came out, and a lot of old Pokemon got some new evolutions! To me, that made the game a lot more fun, and made me crave it, with this, it just isn't there.

See the previous answer.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Black and White were intended to be a "new beginning"; completely estranged from the previous regions for the sake of being a reintroduction. Unova is far away from Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh, so logically, one would expect that all of the Pokemon are completely different (which gives older players a whole new place to explore; a totally new experience. Which would have been an excellent idea, if most of the older players weren't poisoned by overblown nostalgia).
IMO that "new beginning" thing was a bad idea. Or at least a poorly executed one. Okay, you've got a bunch of new Pokemon, problem is that many of them strongly resemble past gen Pokemon to the point where one might consider them clones. It really defeats the purpose if the new Pokemon aren't very original.

Ditto B1tch

So I've put about 5 hours so far into Pokemon White, and I hate to say it, but I think I find it a little boring... the designs for all the Pokemon at their basic stages seem too cutesy and it almost feels like a chore to go through every gym leader... am I doing something wrong? :/

Nobody in here finds BW boring, at least the majority of players think that BW and B2W2 were the most innovating versions.

Mabye you're getting boring about Pokemon... and not BW.

Navarch

This generation totally stepped it down. Sure, there are some catchy tunes and amazing graphics, but it really comes down to, " Is this formula getting repeatitive?" I was introduced into Generation 4. It was one of the first videogames I've ever played. The graphics were amazing to 9 year old me, and to this day I still think they're amazing. Not only that, but the designs of the characters were great. I don't see the hype over Elesa. She really is not that "good looking" or "supermodelish" to me. Same thing with her in BW2. Some designs of both Pokemon and Humans were really dull in generation 5. I am really just not a big fan of the current generation, and I don't think I ever will be.

StanTheStaraptor

Awh, 5 hours is NOTHING. Black and White gain some serious momentum past Mistralton City, and become really hard to put down. Initially, I referred to a lot of the Pokemon as 'The new x' (Frillish-Tentacool, Palpitoad-Wooper, etc.) but by the end, I really liked a lot of them. At least finish the story in B/W, it'll make B2/W2 so much more enjoyable, in fact, I think they're much better paced and less cramped than their predecessors. And if you think BW is boring, play DP.

Status
Not open for further replies.