• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon B/W boring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StanTheStaraptor

By which I mean DP is more boring.

randomspot555

So I've put about 5 hours so far into Pokemon White, and I hate to say it, but I think I find it a little boring... the designs for all the Pokemon at their basic stages seem too cutesy and it almost feels like a chore to go through every gym leader... am I doing something wrong? :/

Too cutesy? What were you expecting from Pokemon?

I think it was probably the Pokemon, which is directly related to the nostalgia factor of the older games, so I suppose I'll just have to give it some more time.

Sounds like you should play something else. You aren't going to like Pokemon games at all if "too cute" is a deterent for you.

1)The game babies you way too much!

No it doesn't. Most of the "babying" people complain about is completely optional. Yes, the game gives you a Lucky Egg, but no one is forcing you to use it. Don't like the fact that items are given or nurses can heal on routes? Then don't use them

2) The Pokemon look like something I would find in my 2-year old brother's coloring book.

You're lying.

not some gears super glued together.

magneton.gif

3) And speaking of the older Pokemon, why didn't they put even a couple of them in this game?! Even if there were just maybe 10 older Pokemon, I would of been happy, but did they? No, this is what lost major appeal to me.

Because they specifically promoted BW as not having old Pokemon until the post-game. Anyone who purchased this game could find that out easily. Complaining about one of the most promoted features of the game is dumb. If you didn't like this, don't buy the game or make preparations to get the same Pokemon you've used for 10+years into the game.

4) I was also very disappointed that there wasn't even 1 new evolution! I loved it when 4th gen came out, and a lot of old Pokemon got some new evolutions! To me, that made the game a lot more fun, and made me crave it, with this, it just isn't there.

See #3.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Everything about the original Black & White is boring in my opinion. I thought I was the only person who felt this way, but apparently I'm not. For me the games just got really tedious after I beat the Elite Four; I did all the little side quests and stuff, but they didn't make the games any more interesting. There's just not enough to do in those games.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
Everything about the original Black & White is boring in my opinion. I thought I was the only person who felt this way, but apparently I'm not. For me the games just got really tedious after I beat the Elite Four; I did all the little side quests and stuff, but they didn't make the games any more interesting. There's just not enough to do in those games.

You could always try your luck at competitive battling
You could obtain all Musical Props
You could go on Dream World
Battle at the Battle Subway and Institute

Really, the main goal of the game is to challenge the Elite Four and become Champion. Once that's over, you're free to do what you want. I personally like that.

tyranitarenthusiast

but where are the monsters? I'm talking like Charizard, Feraligater, Salamence, those are the good ones, not some gears super glued together.
there are plenty of monsters : haxorus, golurk, krookadile, beartic (just to name a few). Of course, you do not see any of these in the beginning of the game, but i doubt you see salamence in route 1 of RSE. And about the first pokemon being too cutesy, all three of the "monsters" you listed started as little lizards.

x0MoMusica0x

IMO you must've just gotten into Pokemon or something. i've been playing the series since i was basically born (sans R/B/Y = FR/LG), and i always find something interesting in Pokemon. granted, Gen. V isnt my favorite Gen., but im not open to new things. that's what Pokemon is about (once again, IMO) so maybe you need to look at yourself before saying something like that.

I will admit that B/W are my least favorite of the Pokemon games. I find them boring and forgettable; however, I find B2/W2 to be amazing games. They are so much fun and they redeemed the 5th gen for me. HG/SS are still my favorite Polemon games to date, but they did a great job with B2/W2.

Black and white are not boring. People will compare them to the games prior to them, which makes people inclined to say they are boring. They have ups and downs within them, like every game does. As a few people have already pointed out, the lack of pokemon from prior generations does annoy me and of course others. MOST of this gen's pokemon weren't nice aesthetically at all, so if you keep seeing hundreds of pokemon you dislike, you will find it tedious =O.
On the other hand, if you handed a franchise newbie B/W, I'd bet they would like it.
Im basically saying, they are good games and exciting IF not compared to other gens.

Arlo

...and so on...
So I've put about 5 hours so far into Pokemon White, and I hate to say it, but I think I find it a little boring... the designs for all the Pokemon at their basic stages seem too cutesy and it almost feels like a chore to go through every gym leader... am I doing something wrong? :/
I would wonder if you went into the game expecting to dislike it. I've seen a lot of people here and elsewhere who seem to dislike this gen because... well... as near as I can tell, just because they dislike this gen. As if their minds were made up before they even saw the games, then they spent what little time they might've spent playing them just looking for things to "prove" that they were "right" to dislike them.

But I don't know you or anything about you, so I have no idea if that's the case or not. I just mention it because it's not uncommon.

Personally, I don't find them boring at all. I think GF did quite a good job with this gen, all in all. The games aren't perfect, but nothing ever is, and that's fine.

You're not doing anything "wrong". If you're not enjoying the games then don't force yourself to keep playing them, plenty of other video games around after all.

James2344

Keyblade wielder
I'm pretty sure this thread was made to create flaming but anyway
Bw2 are better than 1 but pokemon are meant to be cute. They evolve and get big and ugly (and cool) but a key feature is cuteness. Also people didn't like gen 5 as much but that is mainly due to the lack of crushing some team and fighting through their secret base. The gyms are a key feature and yes they are repeditive but they are important because they make sure your pokemon aren't too weak.

Snivy 101DW

Well, it's not boring... but if you play it for 5 hours straight, you'll eventually get bored. So my technique is to play another game like a first person shooter, RTS, or pokepark 2. But that's just me. Here's my current team:
pokemonteamedit_zps657ef10b.png

I once played fire red and emerald green when I was younger but I lost interest...

Attachments

• pokemonteamedit_zps657ef10b.png
    pokemonteamedit_zps657ef10b.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 13

shadow_burnt

HEAD BUTT GO!
I'm going to restart my Black when I've done everything on there and Black 2. I'm going to do it with the 3 starters and other pokemon that are seen as babies, like Blitzle and Mienfoo. Hopefully I'll actually beat the league and Ghetsis. Is he any trouble actually? Ghetsis was really easy when I did my first run and all of my team was about 48-53 I believe. If I can do that I might continue on and just try to beat the whole game, even doing a second run of the League when everything is stronger.

silver_phoenix

Fluffy Pokemon Trainer
the only thing I really find boring with it is that there is no VS Seeker. I really liked the VS Seeker in Fire Red on through Platinum Version. I think it's sad they took it out.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
for bw is not that boring or forgettable :) i love the story line ( for me BW storyline still the best and strong then the other gen or BW2) ,dream world :) , musical ( i know everybody hate the musical , but i n my opinion i find this thing cute and funny) i like battle subway but not to much because the hax power XD but its fun ( the first time i try this facility i got swept by ruflett that so embarrassing and make me traumatic to try that facility again)

Jaguartail

They're not boring, though I am bothered by the fact that the 8 gym cities are all visited right after the other. Thankfully not true in black/white 2.

*~Silver*~

I didn't think it was boring.... I agree that the Pokemon were a little too cute, I mean ALL of them, except Trubbish. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.