• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon B&W OU Team

Chrome919

Gens 1-3 are best!
(not in particular order)

• Starmie w/ life orb
• Natural Cure
• Timid
• 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover

• Salamence w/ Life Orb
• Moxie
• Naughty/Adamant
• 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Roost

• Forrestress w/ Leftovers
• Sturdy
• Relaxed
• 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake

• Gengar w/ Life Orb
• Levitate
• Timid
• 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Substitute
- Pain Split
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

• Vaporeon w/ Leftovers
• Water Absorb
• Bold
• 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Ice Beam

• Volcorona w/ life orb
• Flame Body
• Timid
• 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fire Blast ( Fire dance maybe a possibility, but it seems weak)
- Hidden Power Rock (Ground might be useful, but I like rock better for things like Gyarados/Dragonite)

Last edited:

(Pro)bopass

Certified Behemoth
This is the most creative and original team I've ever seen.

Please stop making us all look bad.

Why Hydro Pump on Starmie?

Why consider Naughty on Salamence?

Why Spikes on Forretrees?

Why Pain Split and Substitute on Gengar?

Why 8 Spe on Vaporeon?

Why 144 Spe and 112 HP on Rotom?

This team is too complicated for me to understand. Please help me out.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
Not bad. I'll give you reccomendations on the moves/natures you're having trouble on.

For Salamence, Naughty < Adamant. You don't want to dampen your Sp. Def stat. Salamence is a built phys. sweeper, so roll with Adamant.

And finally, for Rotom-W, go for Volt Switch over Thunderbolt. You may want to Pain Split, then switch into another pokemon for a revenge kill or something like that. If not, Thunderbolt for the best STAB. Just listing different aspects and possibilities. I for one would roll with Volt Switch.

I hope this small bit of suggestions helps in any way.

Not bad. I'll give you reccomendations on the moves/natures you're having trouble on.

For Salamence, Naughty < Adamant. You don't want to dampen your Sp. Def stat. Salamence is a built phys. sweeper, so roll with Adamant.

And finally, for Rotom-W, go for Volt Switch over Thunderbolt. You may want to Pain Split, then switch into another pokemon for a revenge kill or something like that. If not, Thunderbolt for the best STAB. Just listing different aspects and possibilities. I for one would roll with Volt Switch.

I hope this small bit of suggestions helps in any way.

Why pirouette with Volt Switch when you could instead backflip with Thunderbolt and have Shadow Ball in the last slot?

When building a team, one must consider carefully their choice of gymnastic procedures. Rolling is certainly one of the easiest, but is it the most useful?

Last edited:

Chrome919

Gens 1-3 are best!
(answers are in order respectively)
I guess surf already packs enough punch and has more dependability, but I was originally thinking it could revenge-kill a tougher opponent with Hydro Pump. It's pretty situational.

Spikes because I would like a entry hazard and because he has high enough defense to do so.

Sub is so Gengar can take a hit to make up for its poor defensive stats and pain split to deal more significant damage to tough opponents like Blissey.

I have no idea how I put 8 instead of 4... >___> Edited.

Replaced Rotom completely.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I typed this up more qucikly then I should have. :p

davidchu

Your WORST nightmare
Holy shet another Life Orb addict
oh well I can't say anything about that if you don't really treasure your HP
just note that a good bulky Steel type could whittle away your team if they have Stealth Rock (sounds a bit like Ferrothorn), because of the Life Orb addiction you have.

And I don't think you need recover on that Starmie. It looks more like KO or bye-bye to me.

Flappy

<3 Flappy
Sorry bro but I don't think many people will help you here, for its In-Game team rating. This belongs more in the Competitive Section. You will get better help there.

Sorry bro but I don't think many people will help you here, for its In-Game team rating. This belongs more in the Competitive Section. You will get better help there.

Reveal, please, the part where Chrome919 stated that this was to be used as a competitive team. The poster seems a misinformed Smogon drone but I see no indication of competitive intent.

While transferring recycled movesets from one format to another you have made an error on Salamence - your 4 EVs invested into Special Attack do not belong there. Reallocate them as you will. I am not going to spend time on the rest of this yet.