• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Bachelorette

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimefan

Banned
If I could pipe in songs, then the following 3:
Highway to Hell - ACDC
In the air tonight - Phil WAH WHY HATE ME NWIFE Collins
Cul De Sac - Genesis.

growlithe_master

<-- Ain't it cute?
or why dont they all try to sing gloria's favorite song?

octoboy

I Crush Everything
I dunno, it sounds a little tough to make 10+ variations on one song. But that's just me.

ZangooseLord

I'm a Chuckster!
Alright, everyone, here it is.

This is a singing contest, where the bachelors sing different songs in the style of American Idol. As such, there will be three judges: Myself, our lovely bachelorette, and of course, Simon Cowellakazam. (Hey, it sounds better than it looks.) Okay, enough talking. Let's get going.

----------
;065;: What song will you be singing this evening?
;210;: "Just a Dream" by Carrie Underwood.
ZL: Okay, then. Hit it.
;210;: *high-pitched* Baby, why'd you leave me - Why'd you have to go? - I was counting on forever, now I'll never know - I can't even breathe, it's like I'm looking from a distance - This is just a dream... *back to normal* How was it?
;242;: That vos good, but vhy did you choose Carrie Undervood?
;210;: I'm just a fan of her work, and I thought this song was the best for me. She is, after all, a past winner.
ZL: Well, good work. Who's next?
----------
ZL: Okay, Txiv, what song did you choose?
;178;: "Smoke on the Water" by Deep Purple.
;065;: Lay it on us, Noble Indian Chief.
;178;: Ignoring that comment... They burned down the gambling house - It died with an awful sound - Funky Claude (whoever that is) was running in and out - Pulling kids out the ground - Smooke on the waaaaterrr, the fire in the sky...
;242;: Simon, vot did you think of that?
;065;: Was that a song, or a message to the spirits?
;178;: Personally, I'd like to think of it as both.
;242;: Vell, considering your singing voice, I guess it vos an okay performance.
;178;: The spirits say that's good enough for them.
----------
;129;: King Icthyos has selected to sing "Long Live the King" by Aaron Shust.
;065;: Oh, great, he speaks in the first person...
;129;: WHAT WAS THAT?!
;242;: Nothing, nothing! *gives the throat-slit motion to Simon, as if to say, "cut it out!"*
;129;: There are always days when I don't feel like singing - There are always days when I don't care at all - But I know the King of All Creation reigns completely over every moment great and small - All I have is Yours (Long Live the King)
ZL: Wow, that was lovely. I didn't know you were into gospel.
;129;: Gospel?! *to a nearby Gible* You told me this was done by a metal band!
;443;: It is, sir, but you asked for a song with the word "King" in the title, and this was the best I could find!
;129;: Guards! Rough him up!
* The two Crawdaunt from before come out of nowhere and beat up Gible, before tossing him into the hall. *
;242;: Vosn't that a little... harsh?
;129;: No.
;065;: -_-... Get out.
----------
;242;: Vot song have you chosen?
;271;: "Like Glue" by Sean Paul.
;065;: Okay, then.
;271;: Well, I don't really care what people say, I don't really watch what dey want doo (yes, these are the actual lyrics) Still, I got to stick to my girls like glue and I'm a noh play numbah twooo - All I know the time it is gettin' dread - Need a lot of trees up in my head (I swear, I did not make this up) Got a lot of damsel in my bed to run dat heeead! Okay, how was that?
;065;: You have a nice voice, but what the hell was that you were singing?
;271;: "Like Gl-
;065;: I heard the title of the song perfectly. I was talking about the lyrics.
;271;: To tell you the truth, I don't know, either.
ZL: So why did you choose it?
;271;: Because I hear it all the time.
----------
ZL: Okay, Colm, what will you be singing?
;156;: It's a surprise.
;065;: *sarcastically* Oh, yipee skip, I can't wait. Just get on with-
;156;: YEEEAHHH! *Two Weavile appear out of thin air and start dancing* GO NINJA, GO NINJA, GO! GO NINJA, GO NINJA, GO! *Starts dancing* Ninja, ninja rap! Ninja, ninja rap!
ZL: Uhhhhh...
;242;: *facepalm*
;065;: *headdesk*
;156;: *continues for about five minutes, then finishes* How was it?
ZL: You couldn't find a song, could you?
;065;: Okay, you and one of those Weavile, get out!
----------
So far, I'm gonna drop it here for now. 1) I'm starting to get tired, and 2) Music isn't one of my strong suits, so planning the contest was tough. I'll continue it tomorrow. This part alone has taken me an hour to write so far. It's that tough. Discuss, but don't vote.

mimefan

Banned
^BBBOOOOOOOOOOOO. Your music taste sucks. Needs more 80s music. Anyway vote to kick out everyone bar the Xatu, for not having musical tastes.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
As I said. THE CONSTEST IS NOT FINISHED!

Please refrain your votes until the second half of the contest is done. :/.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
My apologies for the misunderstanding.

ZangooseLord

I'm a Chuckster!
Bad news: Last night, when I was finishing up the final part, as soon as I clicked the "Save" button, I got a 500 error. Normally, I'd just try again, but this contest was a royal pain to write, and I really don't want to spend another hour on it again, because most of it was improvised, and I didn't write it beforehand. Could someone else please complete it for me? I know this may sound annoying, but I really do not want to do this again, because music is not my thing. Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

Edit: I know what you're all thinking: "If you're not a fan of music, then why'd you greenlight this idea?" Because I had a couple of creative scenes, and because I wanted to include Simon's character.

Last edited:
OTL

I apologize for being MIA for a long time.

But I've been busy. And I will be busy for a while.

Also.
@ Mimefan: STFU. if you can do a better job, why aren't YOU doing the contest?
>:
Just let SR work. *shakes head*
EDIT: ALso, before people say, "Chamo, why don't you do the contest? You're online," I just came here to check and make sure that you guys don't start another fight.
Also, I have this fear that I will forget about this game; and I don't want that to happen. :c

Oh...
D:

OTL
I'm sorry. D8 I really can't do it right now. D: I should be working on an essay.
So I can't do it at the moment.
OTL;;;

growlithe_master

<-- Ain't it cute?
its fine. only problem is we have no one to finish the contest. why wont octoboy do it?

The Baron of Fate

Has seen the light
Bad news: Last night, when I was finishing up the final part, as soon as I clicked the "Save" button, I got a 500 error. Normally, I'd just try again, but this contest was a royal pain to write, and I really don't want to spend another hour on it again, because most of it was improvised, and I didn't write it beforehand. Could someone else please complete it for me? I know this may sound annoying, but I really do not want to do this again, because music is not my thing. Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

Edit: I know what you're all thinking: "If you're not a fan of music, then why'd you greenlight this idea?" Because I had a couple of creative scenes, and because I wanted to include Simon's character.

...My thoughts:

1. This is complete bull. There was some good music in there. Tvix was leik, teh sheet with his song.

2. The other part is also complete bull. No one else CAN make the contest. Why you may ask? Well, it was written in your style, using your musical choices, and whatnot. Having someone else do it might make the characters being written about seem better/worse, and give an advantage to one of the halves. Also, the entire contest as a whole would look funny if written by two different people.

I'm not saying it sucks, nor that I can do better. I'm just saying it would probably be for the best if you gave it another go, and tried to finish ZL.

3. Mimefan, your siggy is terrible. You messed up the lyrics a bunch. It's, "I am the Eggman, they are the Eggmen, I am the Walrus, koo-koo-ka-choo." Don't say someone has bad taste in music when you don't even know the lyrics of one you are trying to feature.

4. It's alright Chamo, we forgive you. I understand how busy life can get. *Hug's*

5. I like pie.

mimefan

Banned
TBOF, STFU, Kay? Stupid noob.

The Baron of Fate

Has seen the light
TBOF, STFU, Kay? Stupid noob.

Such an intelligent response, I am quaking in my boots.

But, to avoid an unneeded flame war, I shall leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.