• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Badge Tutorial

Northern Lights

[BritishSarcasm]
Decided to dedicate a Thread to the Tutorial since I keep getting people to either a) make one [when I already had or b) the location of said Tutorial [without actually trying to look for it themselves]

POKEMON BADGE VIDEO TUTORIAL
Unfortunately, YouTube absolutely molested the quality so you have to watch it at Full Screen =[​

Traditional Version of Tutorial [Pens/Pencils] - [Link] | Pixel Version of Tutorial - [Link]

Tutorial.png

Feel free to attempt your own badges and post them here, I will try and comment on them and help any you don't understand the tutorial.

Last edited:

pokegirlforever

<-- Too cute for ya!
Thanks for this tutorial-I'm trying to do one at the moment but I'm confused about step 5-help anyone?

Air Dragon

Ha, ha... not.
I tried this without a tablet... it was an unqualified disaster... :(

How much does one cost, anywho?

L@er!

diamondpoppy

Typhlosion Master
how do you get this tablet thing? could someone make me a typhlosion badge? please? :D

SilverSoulLugia

how do you get this tablet thing?

A tablet is a sort of pad that you can draw straight onto the computer with (search google for better imformation :)), and most decent computer stores stock them. Probably the 'best' make is Wacom, so you could try their site too, if you're interested.
As for the Typhlosion badge, I'm sure NorthernLights has created one already, and if I'm not mistaken, they're free for use as long as you give credit. :)
Hope I helped!

o0oSerenityo0o

Spontanious Trainer
OMFG, I LOVE YOU!!! I have always wanted to know how to do these. My attempts where ugly as D: Thank you soooo much for sharing your epic wisdom *bows*

Northern Lights

[BritishSarcasm]
I tried this without a tablet... it was an unqualified disaster... :(

How much does one cost, anywho?

L@er!

Awww, did you try scanning it? I might try doing that to see if it can possibly work, then help you out. My Tablet is very sexy, made by Trust. The pad space is about A4 size, and co-ordinates with the computer screen, so top left on the pad is top left on the screen, etc. I think i got it for about 85, which is pretty good for a Tablet, but shop around to find one that suits you really.

pokegirlforever

<-- Too cute for ya!
could someone explain part 5 to me in more depth. It's the only part that I haven't done on my own and I really want to be able to make one myself. This is what I've done so far-remember this is my first try plus I know the grey part is to large.
Untitled-3.png

Last edited:

Northern Lights

[BritishSarcasm]
could someone explain part 5 to me in more depth. It's the only part that I haven't done on my own and I really want to be able to make one myself. This is what I've done so far-remember this is my first try plus I know the grey part is to large.
Untitled-3.png

Well one problem is that the border is too thick, imagine stain glass windows, the lead lining around them, it's quite thin, but it defines the different block sections of colour in the image. But you've got the symbolic aspect down, so congrats.

Step 5 is the trickyest, unfortunatly i don't know how to describe it any better - You simply highlight/select the badge itself, create a new layer, and within that shape you shade it in grey tones, then set it to overlay. It will create shade lines onto the layer beneath it.

pokegirlforever

<-- Too cute for ya!
Thanks for the help-If you don't mind me asking, what kind of overlay and what settings-it's all so confusing

Air Dragon

Ha, ha... not.
I did scan them. Shall I send them to you to see what you can make of them?

L@er!

Northern Lights

[BritishSarcasm]
Ok guys, thanks to Air Dragon I decided to make a Traditional Art tutorial for making these badges. =]

http://i54.*******.com/1zn6i4y.jpg

so Voila~​

Air Dragon

Ha, ha... not.
Wow... I'll definitely give this a whirl! This is beyond cool... B)

L@er, pal!

timmay

i dont have a tablet or photoshop..
but i managed to make these using the good old freebies ms paint and gimp :p

critics?

and nice tutorial, btw.

EDIT: i know there small, but i like them like that. (micro badges). plus i used parts from the official sprite.

Zoroark:

http://i52.*******.com/4q4j6w.jpg
http://i53.*******.com/20p7ihx.jpg

Last edited: