• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Badge Tutorial

Neferka

Gimmie Kiss ;-]
Third time lucky perhaps? This is probably about as close as I can get to your style using GIMP. Again, ignore the subject matter. I just made some abstract shapes to practice with:
BADGE.png
Untitled2.png

Northern Lights

[BritishSarcasm]
Third time lucky perhaps? This is probably about as close as I can get to your style using GIMP. Again, ignore the subject matter. I just made some abstract shapes to practice with:
BADGE.png
Untitled2.png

Well done! You're now the closest i've seen, tbh, i'd keep it the way they are for you, it shows your style.

@Pika22: They're nice, try to work on scratch work, but you need the darker outlines of the silver lining on the inside of the badge too, like on Asol, you can't see the lines at all because Absol's main colouring is so bright.

Last edited:

Pika22

A Relic of The Past
Well done! You're now the closest i've seen, tbh, i'd keep it the way they are for you, it shows your style.

@Pika22: They're nice, try to work on scratch work, but you need the darker outlines of the silver lining on the inside of the badge too, like on Asol, you can't see the lines at all because Absol's main colouring is so bright.

Here's Some badges i made:
PichuBadge.png
AbsolBadge.png
BulbaBadge.png

EggBadge.png
EnigmaBadge.png
FightBadge.png
GraceBadge.png
JigglyBadge.png
LunaBadge.png

MewBadge2.png
SolBadge.png
SquirtleBadge.png
UnownABadge.png
UnownBBadge.png
UnownCBadge.png

Last edited:

Pika22

A Relic of The Past
Not the Best ever made, but it's a start......

PichuBadgeGimp.png

I'll still do sprite badges, but i'll keep the inner silver lines in mind

Last edited:

Northern Lights

[BritishSarcasm]
Not the Best ever made, but it's a start......

PichuBadgeGimp.png

I'll still do sprite badges, but i'll keep the inner silver lines in mind

What program are you using? The Silver Lines are quite jagged, might want to try and sort those out, also the addition of eyes is a bit odd, but if that's your thing then its up to you.

Pika22

A Relic of The Past

What program are you using? The Silver Lines are quite jagged, might want to try and sort those out, also the addition of eyes is a bit odd, but if that's your thing then its up to you.

Erm.... i'm using gimp

Edit:

Here's another Badge:
EeveeBadge.png

Another:

GigasBadge.png

Last edited:

Pika22

A Relic of The Past
Ok, i've done a few more:
GigasBadge.png

PichuBadge3.png

ShinyTyphloBadge.png

PachiBadge.png

PichuBadge2.png

The last one's bad.....

master of murkrow

Shiny Hunter
well I did a try on bronzor so here it is:
Image1.jpg

it is my first badge ever made soo please don't be too harsh on me, but can you give me any feedback?

Northern Lights

[BritishSarcasm]
well I did a try on bronzor so here it is:
Image1.jpg

it is my first badge ever made soo please don't be too harsh on me, but can you give me any feedback?

Main one. Never save as JPEG .... ALWAYS save as PNG format. JPEG picture quality is never good, so I can't give any feedback until you redo it in PNG format.

filter

that effect is cool to know- the matte of stripes over an object to make it glossy.

i think i might also steal the pokemon effect when you get a badge with the white stripe moving across the object and then a white flash

Sklobington

Damn you, CHILLI!!!
is paint shop pro acceptical as a subsitute to paint shop pro? paint shop pro is just too expensive for me.

Lucas.G

Veteran Member
Ok, thanks for the info

Aura Wolfe

I have the student version of Photoshop, so I figured I'd give it a shot... unfortunetly, I think it's because it's the student version but I just could not get that black outline around the silver. Or it could just be because I'm self taught. Anyway, I'll work on that but I still wanted to put this up here, just to make sure I've got the effects and all going the right way.

http://i53.*******.com/2ahw4up.png
Ugh, just noticed those silver spots. I hate it when that happens... just ignore them...

Northern Lights

[BritishSarcasm]
^ the more you experiment and work on them you'll be able to create the same visual effect using different tools in GIMP, maybe.

I have the student version of Photoshop, so I figured I'd give it a shot... unfortunetly, I think it's because it's the student version but I just could not get that black outline around the silver. Or it could just be because I'm self taught. Anyway, I'll work on that but I still wanted to put this up here, just to make sure I've got the effects and all going the right way.

http://i53.*******.com/2ahw4up.png
Ugh, just noticed those silver spots. I hate it when that happens... just ignore them...

I have the student version, so I don't understand why it's not working for you.

I will say a couple of things - one, it's a bit too complicated, I can hardly see the basic form of the pokemon and two, the silver lining is a bit thick.