• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Badge Tutorial

Bhatman

Chilled Hottie
Gave it a shot~

So here's my first badge :D

unled3pf.png

pikachu5067

Unova Champ, CHUMPS!
I made one on my own, using paint but how do i post it here?

PokeManMonster

Teh Graphics-Guy
Hmmm, since I do not have Photoshop anymore (and never will download it again thanks to losing my 100-Gig. external hard drive),
I started using Paint.net and decided to try to copy the results Yes, they are a bit bigger than yours (about 90x90):

Waterbadge.png

No tablet either :|

Also made the one in my sig.
(Forgot to use a larger brush size for the one in this post,
so the white area you see on the steelix outline in my sig didn't appear)

Also, as a stupid question, do you think it would be fine if I made and posted a guide to do badges on Paint.net?
(and the 15 billion file packs I downloaded :3)

Last edited:

acetrainerdov

ToTW Br0's
great tutororial

Koruten

Timeless
This is an amazing tutorial. I'll give it a try when I set up my Photoshop.

thunder_dragon2

~VirtualSpiritz
RbQGx.png

Here's my go. I didn't get how to just select the area inside the gray... and I was using CS5.1... so yeah.
Still pretty good.
Oh yeah, I just traced around part of the sprite, seeing as I'm such a bad drawer ;D

Shojiro

Nice tutorial! I gave it a try, but I dunno if it's great..
Riolu-Pokemon-badge.png

I'm not really sure how to make it look metallic, I could use a little help with that I guess.

To make it look more metallic, use lighter shades of grey for the outline, and in general just use slightly lighter shades of the colors.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
Critique this please. I am aware of the lines being a bit off, I had to draw it in Paint because I

A) have no steady hand
B) Am not as well versed yet with Photoshop's shape tool

but am too stubborn to give up. Badge based on, well,let's see if you can guess. It is PKMN related, it's NOT a PKMN.

RealgamTowerbadge.png

dragontamer98

Modern Genocide
Hey guys I wanted to try this badge stuff out, and this is what I have so far:

I'm having trouble with the stripes of gray stuff, if anyone can help, shoot me a PM plz. Thanks. I'm using GIMP. Thanks. :D

ROTOM-W USED VOLT SWITCH

MasterArian

Professional Trainer
well...i think i'm doing fine.i have other badges too lol
the honchkrow badge was made after some time when i learned how to create badges so it's size isn't so good.shade too...
and toturial is good but i learned it from your youtube video
iaza13520457992600.png

sinnoh's 7th badge :D
iaza13520420752700.png

Northern Lights

[BritishSarcasm]
I'm seeing some very good badge here, but the main issues I see is either resolution [the blurryness in some of the badges detracts from the image] and the smoothness of the lines.
Some people lines are rather jittery, they way I make my lines smoother is 1) having rather steady hands while drawing 1) making the badge rather large at first, then scaling them down, this reduces any wobbly lines to barely noticable XP

The Pokemon Badge Video Tutorial now has annotations to help you understand what you're seeing me do on the screen =]
I may also be forced to do some Pony Badges *shot*

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
Hey guys I wanted to try this badge stuff out, and this is what I have so far:

I'm having trouble with the stripes of gray stuff, if anyone can help, shoot me a PM plz. Thanks. I'm using GIMP. Thanks. :D

ROTOM-W USED VOLT SWITCH

I'm clearly not Northern Lights, but you might try to re-scetch it with a thicker line first for your outline edges. Sadly, no help beyond that, as I'm stumbling my way through Photoshop

Shojiro

I'm seeing some very good badge here, but the main issues I see is either resolution [the blurryness in some of the badges detracts from the image] and the smoothness of the lines.
Some people lines are rather jittery, they way I make my lines smoother is 1) having rather steady hands while drawing 1) making the badge rather large at first, then scaling them down, this reduces any wobbly lines to barely noticable XP

The Pokemon Badge Video Tutorial now has annotations to help you understand what you're seeing me do on the screen =]
I may also be forced to do some Pony Badges *shot*

You know what also helps? Actually having a tablet to draw them with, lol. That is why I use the pixel style.

draya the dark master

Sort of Undead atm♥
Lol... My very first go at a badge :D

OrigenGiritina.png

I couldn't find a way to get those stupid lines and every time i tried to draw them in it just failed.
I also think i did it a little small :(