• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Battle Academy Redo

Delta Hunter

The G-Rank MH
Halt Jones

Halt shook the boy's hand, who's name was Tim. Guard walked over to the Castform, and looked it over. So this was the pokemon that even Psyco couldn't beat. It must be tough, but it looked like a push over. Scuttle the Shiny Anorith was also nearby, but he scuttled over to Guard and set itself on his back. That way, Guard was the movment for them.

"Ah, so you have a Snorunt and a Lotad, as well as that Castform. Seeing how tough your Casform is, your a good trainer. You already met Psyco the Ralts, but Scuttle's the shiny Anorith, and Guard's the Shieldon. I'm a little old to be a trainer, but i missed my chance when i was helping Roark with some fossil exacuation."

ryodragonite

Aura Fist
Ryouta
SS Mari Battlefield

As Ryouta waited for Corys response a screamed pierced the room. Looking around to see what it was he saw a girl hanging from the porthole on the outside fo the ship. The big kid that Sori had annoyed earlier had tossed his hat and ran outside leaving his opponent in a daze.

Well if hes got her I guess we can continue on with this challenge. Ryo thought. Cory looked down at his Riolu asking it if it would like to battle. "Hey Riolu how you you like to battle against this trainer?" He asked. The Riolu looked at his trainer and shook its head. Cloud could telll that it was feeling scared fighting against another trainer. Must be its first time. Ryo looked at Cloud with a worried look as if to say that he had picked the wrong trainer to fight with.

Cory edged the pokemon to battle saying that it would have to do it sometime. He said that he'd be sure that Ryouta was go easy on him and Ryouta smirked. The young Riolu looked at Cloud and cloud smiled. The pokemon looked at his trainer and smiled saying that it would battle.

"Fantastic", Cory said standing from the bench, "Ryouta was it? Sure let's battle, but could you go easy? Riolu only has minimal experience".

Ryouta smiled and laughed. "Sure why not I know how had it was to get Cloud to battle after he hatched." Nudging Cloud from the side. "Ri, Rio!"

Ryouta walked over to a corner in the room where people werent battling with their partners. Looking over he saw Sori jumping up and down with happiness. Looks like hes got his battle. I hope that older guy goes easy on him.

Ryo looked back at Cory. "Alright get ready." He said as Cloud jumped into battle.

Lucario9

The Power of Aura
Roy Hopper

Roy turned to the battle field, watching the boy who was battling Tim take back his fedora, then begin talking to him. Meanwhile, Tim released his other two pokemon, a Lotad and a Snorunt, two pokemon who only knew out of television shows and information books. He then watched as the Snorunt pushed Blu to the ground, obviously jealous of hes time with Casty.

"Wait, Blu don't!" he said as the Swablu began charging dragon energy in its body, ready to release it. As Roy began sprinting down the stairs, she did, hitting the Snorunt with a somewhat powerful Dragon Rush, knocking the pokemon to the ground.

"Oh great Blu, now you've done it." He said under his breath, running towards Tim. "I'm so sorry," he said to the other trainer, apologizing for his pokemon, "I really have no idea what's gotten into Blu! She must be jealous of your Snorunt I guess. Sorry again!"

Flame Mistress

Aurora Harper

So the boy who had rushed off returned and snatched his hat back (which wouldn't have been very appealing to her father, who was rather strict on behaviour), and announced that the battle could not be countinued as of now as his Ralts had fainted saving a girl (making Aurota think "What, seriously?").

Also, Aurora watched with stiffled laughter as a Snorunt looked jealously as Tim's Casty and Roy's Blu were chatting happily, and pushed the poor Sawblu away to talk with the Castform itself, but her laughter turned in to a gasp as Blu unleashed a somewhat powerful Dragon Rush at the Snorunt.

Suddenly, a pain shot through Aurora and the others' heads as the atmosphere turned into a dark shade of purple. "What the..." Aurora thought as she clutched her head in pain. "Ah! Crystal, no! Stop!" she heard a voice in the distance, and at the entrance to the arena appeared a very puzzled and bewildered Froslass, with a young woman who seemed to be her trainer following her. "Crystal, return!" she shouted, and the purpleness of the atmosphere disappeared, along with the Froslass. "Sorry! My Froslass just learnt Ominous Wind yesterday, and she still has trouble controlling it..." she apologised. "Oh, and by the way, I'm Irene Lopez, and for Co-Ordinators here, I'll be your Co-Ordinating Teacher!" she added with a smile.

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Mari Vilum & Tim Wolfe

"Ah, so you have a Snorunt and a Lotad, as well as that Castform. Seeing how tough your Casform is, your a good trainer. You already met Psyco the Ralts, but Scuttle's the shiny Anorith, and Guard's the Shieldon. I'm a little old to be a trainer, but I missed my chance when I was helping Roark with some fossil exacuation." Halt said.

"Thanks." Tim responded. "You're Pokemon look pretty tough too. Casty's the Castform, Tad is the Lotad, and Alice is the Snorunt."

Tim then looked at his Pokemon. He saw Alice push Blu to the ground so she could talk to Casty. Before Tim could scold his Pokemon, the Swablu attacked the Snorunt with a Dragon Rush, which knocked her to the ground. For Alice, this meant war. The Snorunt got up, and began charging an Icy Wind attack at the Swablu.

"Alice no!" He called, as he recalled his Pokemon to her pokeball before she could finish her attack. That was when the Swablu's trainer ran up to him, apologizing for his Pokemon. "I'm so sorry. I don't know what's gotten into her. She seems jealous of your Snorunt."

"It's ok. I don't know what's going on with Alice." Tim said. "She's done this to any Pokemon that's come close to Casty."

"Isn't it obvious what's going on?" Mari said with a grin.

"No what?" Tim asked.

"Boys can be so naive." Mari said while twisting a strand of hair between her fingers. "It's not just any Pokemon, but any female Pokemon. Alice clearly has a crush on Casty, and she seems to be the jealous type. Judging by the way Blu retaliated when Alice pushed her, I think she does too. It seems we've got ourselves a little love triangle going on here." Mari giggled.

Just then, there was a mysterious breeze, and the atmosphere became a shade of purple. Pain shot through the heads of everyone within the breeze.

"What was that?!" Mari shouted, clutching in her head in pain.

Then the breeze stopped. A confused looking Froslass, and a young woman in her twenties who was most likely this Froslass' trainer, could be seen by the entrance of the stadium. "Sorry! My Froslass just learned Ominous Wind, and she's still learning to control it..." The woman apologized. "Oh, by the way, for any Co-coordinators here, I'm Irene Lopez. I'll be your Co-ordinating teacher." She said with a smile.

Mari spoke first. "Oh good." Mari said. "I was wondering when we'd meet you. I'm Mari Vilum, and I'm going to be in your class. Your other students are over there. There's Roy, and that's Aurora." She said, pointing to the both of them.

Last edited:

@MiGo

Scouting Legion
Mr. Mazu responded to Akoto's question by simply answering "Mazu" which Akoto mistook as "Maze" The man then asked what pokemon Akoto is going to send out.

"Alright Mr.Maze! Im gonna be sending out........erm.........." Akoto paused for a minute. Yo-yo really wanted to battle, but he knew that Jolt would get really mad if he wasnt the first to battle.

"......uh, alright. Yo-yo, sorry but i dont want another shock acident with Jolt so im letting him into battle first." He told Yo-yo. Yo-yo then had a comical shocked and depressed expression on his face, jumped off Akoto's shoulder, and went to a nearby bench. He fell asleep.

"..........um.......ok......? Akoto said baffled by Yo-yo's reaction.

"Lets go, Jolt!" Akoto yelled as he threw out Jolts pokemon, and out came the bad attitude Luxio.

"You may have the first move Mr.Maze" Akoto said, still misunderstanding his name.

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
Mazu Sun

Mazu grumbled about his name being misheard and decided to wait till later to correct his name. He had a feeling he would despise him for his incompetent hearing and trainer capabilities. “Very well then, but you will regret doing so.” Since he was going to get the first move, he was going to confuse luxio, although it may have a good sense of smell, it probably relied on its sense of sight more. Even more so, he wasn’t going to issue the command verbally, just to confuse it even more.

Yenmo, double team into eight copies and surround the luxio, and attack with dark pulse from the left side. If he does get lucky and attacks at the real you, abandon the dark pulse and retaliate with bite."

Yenmo smirked, which meant he got the command and immediately split into eight copies and surrounded the luxio, causing it to look around in an attempt to locate the real one. Yenmo made sure to wait for the trainer to give a command to luxio before attempting to attack.

Lucario9

The Power of Aura
Roy Hopper

"It's not just any Pokemon, but any female Pokemon. Alice clearly has a crush on Casty, and she seems to be the jealous type. Judging by the way Blu retaliated when Alice pushed her, I think she does too. It seems we've got ourselves a little love triangle going on here." Mari giggled, explaining to Tim what she thought was going on.

"Well I figured Blu had a crush on Casty, but I never realized she wasn't the only one." Roy then turned to his pokemon, and saw that she was still quite angry with everything that happened. He thought a little bit to himself, then turned to Tim. "Hey, maybe if we had a pokemon battle, Blu versus your Snorunt, they can let their feelings out a little bit. Plus it'll be a great way to get some practice in. Of course," he said turning to Mari, "only if it's okay with you. I know we were supposed to have a battle, so we can do that first if you want. Either way is fine by me, so it's the two of you's choice what as to what we do." Suddenly, a ghoulish breeze started passing by, followed by sharp headaches and the room becoming full of dark purple auras.

"Gah, what is that?" he asked, clutching his head. Then the breeze stopped, and a woman in here twenties ran towards a pokemon he'd never seen before, apparently the cause of the strange wind.

"Sorry! My Froslass just learned Ominous Wind, and she's still learning to control it..." The woman said apologetically. "Oh, by the way, for any Co-coordinators here, I'm Irene Lopez. I'll be your Co-ordinating teacher." she said with a smile on her face. But before Roy could say anything, Mari spoke up.

"Oh good. I was wondering when we'd meet you. I'm Mari Vilum, and I'm going to be in your class. Your other students are over there. There's Roy, and that's Aurora." she said, pointing to the to of them.

"Umm, yeah, like she said, I'm Roy Hopper, I'll also be in you're class. Oh don't worry about the Ominous Wind thing, I know how hard mastering moves is." He thought back to when he was helping Blu learn Dragon Rush, and the look on his mom's face when the back wall of the house no longer existed.

Last edited:

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
OOC: Has the ship arrived at the academy yet? If not, how long till its there?

Laura Santaro and Mandy Redorit, S.S. Maria battle arena

Laura and Mandy finally wander into one of the ship's battle arenas. There were multiple rows of seats where there were a few trainers sat on each row. None of them looked particularly interested, they just seemed to want to watch a few battles to pass the time. On the actual stage there were two trainers finishing off a battle, one using a Koffing and the other using a Torkoal.

"This bunch looks dead..." Mandy laughs, her gaze shifting across the spectators in the arena.

Laura nods. "I wish we could have battled those two creeps from the cabin hall in here. Maybe it would have made these goons crack a smile."

Mandy smiles and nods. Suddenly, the crowd livens up and many more trainers run in to watch as the next two battlers walk onto the stage. The reason for this was that one of the battlers was Leo Arabasta, the Johto Jr. Champion.

Leo walked onto the stage with a confident attitude and a smug grin on his face. There wasn't a doubt in Leo's mind that he would even come close to losing this match.

Leo's mere presence gets Mandy extremely annoyed, and she drags Laura out of the arena. "Let's go. There's NO WAY IN HELL i'm gonna watch that bitesize momma's boy battle." Laura knows how much Mandy despises Leo, so she doesn't argue and just follows.

Upon barging out the door, they were in too much of a rush to notice the two other girls running towards the arena, and the four of them all colide and fall to their feet.

"S-Sorry about that!" Laura laughs, pulling herself and Mandy to their feet.

"You ever heard of looking in front of you!?" One of the girls snaps. She was quite pretty, with blue eyes and blonde hair in short pigtails. She wore a green tank top and a red tracksuit jacket, as well as red jogger pants that matched her jacket and white sandals.

Mandy frowns. "Hey, we SAID sorry!"

"Sorry doesn't cut it!" The other girl replies. She was a little taller than the blonde girl, with long brown hair tied in a ponytail. She had green eyes and was dressed in a red t-shirt over a white long-sleeved t-shirt. She also wore dark blue jeans and white and red trainers. "We were on our way to watch Leo Arabsta's match, till you came an' got in our way!"

"No need to be rude about it." Laura says simply, trying to avoid a confrontation.

Mandy's eyes narrow. "You ACTUALLY want to see that little weasel battle?"

The blonde girl smirks. "Why? You jealous cause he's a better battler than you?"

The brown-haired girl nods in agreement. "Nah, they probably challenged him and he turned 'em away cause they looked so weak."

Mandy was starting to get very irritated and walks forward and gets right in the girls' faces. "Look, you wanna make something of this?"

The blonde girl just smirks off Mandy's threat, then notices Laura for a second and smirks. "You're Laura Santaro, aren't you? I've seen you before."

Laura folds her arms and looks the blonde girl in the eye. "Yeah, so?"

The blonde girl sticks her hands in her jacket pockets and walks forward to square up to Laura. "I heard a rumor that your dad was a member of Cipher... how's it feel, knowing your family had a hand in turning innocent Pokemon into senseless killing machines?" Her smirk widens. "I bet you were his worst creation though."

Mandy has to physically hold Laura back from lashing out at the girls. The brown haired girl winks mockingly at Laura, who responds by projectile-spitting in her face.

The brown-haired girl wipes her face and looks at her hand in disgust, then glares threateningly at Laura. "Spitting in my face, dressed in a shirt that shows your boobs, and a skirt THAT short? - i wouldn't expect any less from a girl from Pyrite Town!"

Laura snarls at her, and Mandy stares out both of them. "You two are REALLY asking for it!" Mandy gets RIGHT in the blonde girl's face. "Get out of our way, or you'll regret it."

Laura gets even closer to the face of the brown-haired girl. "I'm not proud of what my dad did, but i'm nothing like him. And i'm not about to have some toad-faced little sket insult me over it."

The two girls would love to carry on this argument, but they accepted defeat, much to their annoyance, and back away.

"This is neither the time, nor the place for this crap." Mandy says darkly. "I would GLADLY knock the stuffing out of you two, whether its a Pokemon battle or not, but we got stuff to do. Now leave us alone, or i SWEAR i'll smash your faces against this door.

The two girls frown, look at each other, then back to Laura and Mandy. "We'll settle this at the academy." The blonde girl says with no emotion. "I'm Jessica Fabre." She points to the brown-haired girl. "She's Frankie Neptune."

"Wait till we get to shore, you'll be sorry." Frankie says quietly, trying to hide the fact that Mandy had intimidated her. Jessica and Frankie walk off in the direction of the stairs.

A very-annoyed Laura runs in the direction of a nearby can and BOOTS IT, as hard as she could, in immense frustration. It flies over the stands in the arena and lands near the stage. A few people nearby stare in curiosity.

Mandy punches a nearby wall. "I SO wanted to make them pay for what they were saying about you... but we haven't even healed our Pokemon after battling those two guys."

Laura turns around to face Mandy, still annoyed. "When we get to the academy, i'm gonna DESTROY those two."

Mandy nods and smiles. "That's something we BOTH have to look forward to." Mandy points in the direction of a corridor. "There's a buffet hall down there. You wanna get something to eat? That'll cheer you up, you like food."

Laura was still fuming, but slowly calms down. "Okay then..."

Mandy gives Laura a hug, then they both walk towards the corridor leading to the ship's food court.

@MiGo

Scouting Legion
The man commanded his Absol to use double team, and Akoto found himself surrounded by 8 of its copies.

"Ack! Jolt, concentrate and see if you can find the real one!" Akoto yelled at Jolt.

Jolt tried, but just couldnt pinpoint it.

"Urgh.......Alright then, use shock wave on each one till you find the real one!"

Jolt started firing lightning at each of the copies, but to no avail, only hitting the fake ones.

"Grr.......Jolt stand your ground! And get ready to shock wave the real one that comes after you!" Akot told Jolt.

Akoto figured if he waited long enough, he would find the real Absol and command Jolt to attack that one instead of wasting energy on the copies.

Last edited:

Ace of Shades

Elaine

As Elaine stood there the boy who saved her, Halt, walked by and said something about at battling area. She couldn't hear him because she was deep in thought, about his eyes... wait no his Ralts. She decided to follow him and ended up in something with Pokemon battlefields. She was itching to try out her newest pokemon, Minny the Minun, so she closed her eyes moved her finger back and forth then stopped it. When she looked she was pointing at a red-haired girl with a Jigglypuff. When she was 2 feet from the girl she reached out her hand and tapped her shoulder and when she turned around she blurted out "Battle you and me?" Before the girl could respond Elaine's pokenav started ringing.

When she answered a loud shrieking voice of worry was emitted, "Elaine, oh Elaine it is your mom how is my Schmuckums? Please send him back right no-" Before she was finished Elaine hung up.

"Anyway wanna battle?" she asked the girl.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Mari Vilum

Before Mari could answer Roy's question, she felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned around and saw a girl she hadn't seen before. "Battle? You and me?" Before Mari could answer, the girl's pokenav started ringing. The girl answered it, a loud shrieking voice was heard on the other end, but Mari didn't hear what it said. The girl hung up the phone before the person on the other end finished speaking. "Anyway, wanna battle?"

"Well, that was random." Mari said. She then turned to Roy. "Ok, well this works out. I'll take her, while you and Tim battle. We can have our battle afterward." She then turned back to the girl. "You got yourself a battle."

Ace of Shades

Elaine Sare

After the girl said something to a boy she turned back and said, "You got yourself a battle." After hearing that Elaine walked over to a battlefield and pushed a boy with a Riolu off the field.

"What was that for?" asked the boy.

"I'm gonna use this field to battle so get lost." She then pointed the other girl to the other side where a another boy was looking dumbfounded. When the girl arrived there Elaine shouted "2 on 2 ok!" Before the girl responded Elaine sent out Minny. "By the way I'm a Elaine Sare, a trainer."

"I'm Mari Vilum, a Co-ordinator" the girl responded.

"A Co-ordinator!! I hate you people! Minny when she sends out her pokemon attack with Spark!"

Lucario9

The Power of Aura
Roy Hopper

"Ok, well this works out. I'll take her, while you and Tim battle. We can have our battle afterward." Mari said before turning back to the other girl.

"Okay Tim, like I said, one on one, my Swablu versus your Snorunt." Roy then turned towards the box on the end of the field. "Alright Blu, don't let your anger get the best of you. I know you're mad at this Snorunt, but if you lose control we won't be able to win this.

"Swablu Blu." she said, nodding her head in agreance. The two of them took their places, waiting for Tim.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Mari Vilum

"A Co-Ordinator?! I hate you people!" The girl shouted when Mari she gave her name.

Mari rolled her eyes, and didn't respond to Elaine's comment. She grabbed a pokeball from her purse, the ball was inside a seal capsule. She threw the ball and released her Pokemon. "Roselia, use Sleep Powder!"

A Roselia came in out in a burst of holographic flowers, and struck a pose.

The Minun on the opposite side of the field began running towards Roselia, it's body was charged with electrical energy.

Roselia simply yawned, stuck out her arm, and fired a green powder from her rose hand at the electric type. It fell asleep within seconds of being hit by the powder.

"Now Roselia, use Leech Seed!" Mari commanded.

Roselia fired some seeds at the sleeping Minun. When they hit, they enveloped the Pokemon in small vines, and the seeds slowly started draining it's energy.
---
Tim Wolfe

Tim took his place on his side of the battlefield, and sent Alice out.

"Snorunt!" The Ice type said with determination after seeing Blu.

"Remember don't let your anger get the better of you. We can't win if you lose control." Tim told his Pokemon. "You can start." He told Roy.

Last edited:

Ace of Shades

"Ugh!" Taking out Minny's Pokeball she returned her and sent out Muck. "Ok Muck use a Take down and whatever you do try not to get hit by that icky powder." Muck ran straight for the Roselia. Becoming encased in a white light made him happy and more elegant looking he thought. When the Roselia sent out the expected Sleep Powder, which was dirty to him, Muck used Iron Defense along with the Take Down for three Reasons and he only knew two not realizing the third. The reasons were 1. He became shiny 2. it stopped the icky powder 3. His Take Down became stronger. The result was a pleasing thud in Elaine's ears and sicking sound in Muck's ears.

Lucario9

The Power of Aura
Roy Hopper

"You can start." Tim said from across the field.

"Okay, thanks. Blu, start things off with Sing!" Roy commanded.

"♫Blu Blu Swablu!♫" The small blue pokemon opened its mouth, releasing a large amount of pink and purple musical notes. One of them hit the opponent, making it very drowsy and eventually putting it to sleep.

"Great job Blu! Now follow up with an Aerial Ace!" The Swablu flew all the way up to the rafters in the ceiling, then began plummeting towards the Snorunt with incredible speeds, creating a jet stream around it.

"Now use Ice Beam!" The pokemon began firing a beam of icy-blue beam of energy, but instead of hitting its opponent, it surrounded the Swablu, turning it into and ice missile.

iStorm

Cory Royce
"What was that for?" Cory asked as he got shoved out of the way. He looked over at Ryouta, in a confused look.*

"I'm gonna use this field to battle so get lost." The girl who had shoved Cory said. *The girl then pointed at Mari to the opposite side where Ryouta was with a dumbfounded look on his face.*
The girl then shouted what she planned for battle rules and introduced her as Elaine Sare, *a trainer. More like childish, immature, rude person than trainer Cory thought.*

"Excuse me" Cory started politely tapping Elaine on the shoulder, " First off, we were here first so learn some patience. And second who do you think you are? A spoiled rotten princess or something? You could have asked before being a rude obnoxious person."
Cory was going to continue to say something, but Zorua materialized from *his Poke ball and transformed into an illusion of Elaine, mimicking her. Cory couldn't help but laugh.*
"I'm sorry" he said chuckling, " Zorua quit it."
Still looking like Elaine, Zorua pouted before sitting down and returning to his original form.*
"Please leave" Cory said firmly, turning back to Elaine. But found out she had already begun battling Mari. Cory turned back to Zorua.*
"Zorua, stop this battle with Dark Pulse"
"Zorua!" Zorua happily cried purse he sent a burst of dark energy from his mouth into the middle of the battle field.*

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
OOC: I got Ninja'd. -_- I'll wait for Shade to respond to the above post before I put Mari's part.
----

Tim Wolfe

The Sleeping Snorunt got hit with the Ice Missle, and was knocked back. It took a good amount of damage, but not as much as one would expect, seeing as Snorunt is an Ice type, and resists Ice based Attacks. The force of the blow was enough to wake her up however.

"Nice move." Tim complimented. "Alice use Icy Wind!" He commanded his Pokemon.

The Snorunt opened her arms wide, and fired a small Icy breeze at Blu. Seeing as Swablu is weak to Ice, it did a good amount of damage. The cold air also slowed her down somewhat.

"Now, use Bite!"

Alice ran over to Blu, showed her teeth, and bit down hard on her wing. Then she threw her onto the ground and let go.

Last edited:

Lucario9

The Power of Aura
Roy Hopper

Blu was thrown to the ground by a fairly powerful Bite attack, although it did much more after the powerful Icy Wind that hit moments before.

"Careful Blu!" he exclaimed, "Now use Dragon Rush!" The small Swablu began charging dragon energy inside of it, the launching itself towards the Snorunt like an undodgeable weapon. As Blu attacked the Snorunt, Roy began thinking to himself. "I don't know how much more of this Blu can take. If only she had something that could take down ice-types like Snorunt. I should have thought this through more.

OOC: I just realized all of Blu's attacks are weak on ice -_-