• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Battle Academy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClowSui

look! a shiny dragon
ooc: sorry for ignoring your character, its just i can't follow/respond to you both at the same time
--

Sui nodded and followed the girl with the Seel, not noticing that a boy had tried to ask him something. It seemed odd - she wasn't bleeding profusely from the nose at all, nor did he think that she broke it. But it was a speedy assumption from him, and now it was proven wrong so it was alright. Cloudy's eyes weakly fluttered open and she coughed slightly. "Swab..." Chirping a softer song, he couldn't help but smile slightly in this grim moment. Singing even when she was hurt...she really did like doing that, didn't she? He caught up to the girl in front of him and asked,

"Hey, I don't think she has a broken nose...but I think she'll do with a Potion or two. Do you have one on you? If you don't, that's okay because I don't want you to go to the Pokemon center for me or anything - you don't need to go out of your way to help me and my Pokemon because quite frankly I don't want to make you use up time that you could be spending with new friends or your Pokemon, you know?" Sui drew in a deep mouthful of air after he said that - that was one long sentence.

Last edited:

crystal-zephyr

i feel his pain
"I cant beleive the ball broke." Kassy said running after the Bellsprout. The could remember the one mistake she had made. Something had gotten caught inside the balls closing mechanism so it never closed properly so eventually the Bellsprout got out and was running around the area. "I thought i caught that Bellsprout. Guess i should make sure next time." As she ran round a corner she bumped into one of the adults. "Ouch. Sorry i'm chasing the Bellsprout." As she looked up it was Mrs Anabell who had shown to girls to their rooms. She was holding the shiny Bellsprout in her arms.

"Well sorry Kassy but for now this Bellsprout is extremaly untame. I'll set it free but its a bit too early in the year for you catching another pokemon. I'll give you a chance some other time." The purple haired lady walked back into another room. Kassy got back up and went back to her room.

*This was actually as i planned it. It also shows why Bellsprout was thought to have been caught easily*

cybermew

A la lune!
Soz i'm late I thought we were startin tommorrow

Occ: "offfff!" Said Will "A bagon, I'm gonna name you Butt!"
"Bababagon!" Butt replied.
"Right,ummm Will, your time table and your dorm are here,"And Drew handed Will a piece of paper.
"Thanks, and hey Drew looks like I've got contests with you tomorrow."
"See you there then,"

Will arrived at his dorm to see the door open.
As soon as he entered he was shocked by a primape attacking him.
"PRIME!!!!!!!" It screeamed.
"Thumper, return!" a red lighht shone out and the primeape returned."Hi i'm Jack and I'm a third year here. Jack jumped down of his bed to show that he had several buises and cut on his face.
"Umm are you all right?" Will asked.
Yeah i'm fine it's just when thumper uses thrash, well you know."
"Yeah I do."
Anyway, I'm your room mate and your newest friend. Anyway I'll see you I've got detention 'cause Thumper attacked Prof.Oak.Bye."
And with that he left. Will could tell that this year was gonna be great!

SlipKnoT

"Well,a few potions should do it." said Torch.

Torch walked away back into the dorm.He saw Blaze.

"Mag!" said Blaze pointing to the door.

"Not now, return." said Torch.

Blaze got sucked into the pokeball by a red light and Torch put the pokeball in his pocket.in there were 6 pokeballs.Blaze's and the 5 empty ones.

"I could go catch pokemon b---" Torch was interupted by his stomach."I guess I'll go get lunch!"

He walked to the cafeteria and had a burger.He got some pokemon food for Blaze.After eating they went back to the dorm.

Leon Phelps

Don't Tread on Me
Earlier that day

"It's really hot out here," Hyde complained as he stepped of the ferry ramp. "Ugh, and there's so many people. By the time I find this geezer Oak, all the good Pokemon will be gone."

Hyde removed his navy blue jacket and revealed a sleeveless black t-shirt that he wore underneath. He followed the large crowd of students and continued to grumble to himself. A few other students couldn't help but notice the lack of muscle around his arms and how he was hunched over as he walked, as if he was insecure about something.

After an hour and a half of waiting in line, Hyde was finally able to recieve his Pokemon. A tall, brown haired man in a white lab coat stood before him.

"You must be Hyde,"

Hyde interrupted the man and said, "And you must be Chancellor Oak. If I must say, I don't see why all the ladies go gaga over you."

"And if I must say, you aren't so impressive yourself. Hyde sounds like the name of someone tall and masculine." Oak smirked for a moment and then cleared his throat. "Well, your Pokemon has been prepared."

The man took a Pokeball from his pocket and opened it. After a breif flash of light, a small, blue and red fish appeared in Oak's arms.

"Great... A fish outta water. How am I supposed to battle with that? Why can't I get something like an Absol or Zangoose? I saw some losers walk out with those..."

"Now Hyde, be careful with this. Carvahna are a very aggressive species of Pokemon. Handle it with caution."

Oak slowly placed the Carvahna in Hyde's hand. "Well, this isn't so bad." The moment after he said that, the Carvanha went flying into the air.

"My hands!" Hyde screamed.

Oak caught the fish Pokemon and laughed. "I said handle it with caution Hyde. What makes Carvahna such a worthy battler is its defensive ability Rough Skin. You'll get used to it as you spend more time with your Pokemon.

"Carvanha, why do you keep staring at me like that? It's a little creepy man."

Hyde was sitting on his dorm bed attempting to get some rest for the day ahead. As Hyde started to zone out, Carvahna leaped at him and closed its jaws on his arm. Hyde bellowed for a few minutes and when the Carvahna didn't let go he just gave up and went to sleep.

"Gary was right," Hyde thought, "I'll get used to it."

PokemonBreederChris

UnlimitedBlade Works
"No worries, I was brought up in the Fortree Pokemon Gym, and was taught even the slightest fracture could be potential damaging in the later run.....By the way, my name's Lexy, what's yours?

Lexy reached into her bag.

"Here take this Oran berry, it will give your Swablu some energy, and then you can get it checked by Nurse Joy."

The two made it to where the Pokemon center was in sight.

"Well see yah, and I see you don't have a map of the campus, I spent all morning memorizing this place, so I don't need it here, take it."

After lexy gave the map her and seel went back to the dorm to chat with her new friends.

ClowSui

look! a shiny dragon
Sui blinked, clutching the Oran Berry and Map as she left. He shouted, "HEY! MY NAME'S SUI MARIUS, BUT SUI'S FINE, YEAH? HOPE TO SEE YOU AGAIN SOMETIME!" He hoped that he hadn't made the wrong impression, and looked to see that his Swablu was fully energized and his hand was stained with blue juice. He ran his fingers over her figure and watched her to see if any painful reactions occured and grinned when she didn't. "Alright then! Let's go practice our appeal - and we'll make sure we don't crash into anything!"

Giving a happy chirp, Cloudy chirped the song and Sui hummed along joyfully, heading towards his destination once more.

Spriteman

Sometimes a bit rude
Jordan walked up, checking on the roselia, which was stirring from its sleep. After five minutes, it was awake, and would have been jumping around, if it hadn't been in agony. "Okay then, lil girl, I'll take you to the pokemon center," he said to the little pokemon as he lifted her up and walked out of the room, Micheal following behind him. "I wonder if I have any classes today?" He murmered to himself as he walked through the Pokemon Center's doors.

SlipKnoT

"Let's go to the ocean." Torch said.

"Mag!" screamed Blaze.He didn't want to.

"Your gonna have to come on."

They went down to the ocean.

"Go out there, one step at a time." said Torch.

"Mag!" said Blaze meaning no.

Torch grabbed Blaze and walked into the ocean.

"Mag!" said Blaze.He wanted to get out.

Torch dipped Blaze in the water by a centimeter, then an inch, then 2 inchs.Blaze flinched but it didn't hurt him that badly.

"Good!" said Torch, proud of his fire pokemon.

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
'Ugh, it's impossible to breathe out here,' Cain thought repeatedly, as it was like being back at Fuchsia City. Cain's family had been moving around Kanto prior to him being enrolled at the Pokemon Battle Academy, and though the family had gone on a tour of the Safari Zone, the heat had been unbearable.

Cain was unusually short for his age, thin to the point of scrawny (which was amazing on how that black trenchcoat with the funky silver wave thingy on it could last without him toppling over), with silver hair tied up into a ponytail. Below the waist, he was wearing black jeans that were about a size too big and silver sneakers whose laces lay about like a plate of spaghetti. What was most striking about him were his eyes; compared to his face and hair which were either pale or platinum, they were a deep amethyst colour, and were relaxed for once. Usually, they would be hardened, as Cain was a very serious dude.

What irked him the most was the guy behind him. He had short brown hair, with a blond streak in the middle, the headphones that went around your ear rather than directly in the hole, an olive green shirt, a black jacket with grey-striped arms and dark jeans, his eyes a fusion of blue and grey. That wasn't why, however; the boy was about a year younger than him but was still taller than he was! Why did he have to be a shrimp? Why?!

Meanwhile, the line had moved up so that Cain was now at the front. In front of him was the Chancellor of the Academy; Gary Oak, one of the first people to discover an Elekible, and the proud owner of an Umbreon, one of Cain's favourite Pokemon. But then again, he liked Chaos Pokemon, or Darkness and Light; Electric-types, Dark-types, Psychic-types, Fire-types and Ghost-types.

"Ah, Sonryu, Cain, correct?" Oak asked. Cain nodded, his eyes hard for no apparent reason. "Well, um, this might be a bit difficult. Um, Ezekiel, is it? Could you stand with Cain please?" Ezekiel. The guy behind Cain moved forward, giving a slight cough that was hiding a s******. Cain knew why, and resisted the urge to stamp hard on his foot.

"I'm afraid your two Pokemon have become close friends, so I ask that you try and-" At that, the two Pokeballs in Oak's hands gave a violent shudder. "And I need you boys to separate them, otherwise things will get ugly. OK?" The boys repeated in unison. Oak gave a grateful nod and opened the Pokeballs.

From the first came a tall Pokemon that vaguely resembled a mongoose, although looked closer to a bipedal cat. It's tail was white and puffy, to match the major colour of it's fur, with red zigzag marks across it's torso, forearms and face. The second was also feline in appearance but jet-black with two topaz oval markings on it's forehead and chest, slanted red eyes, two clawed paws and a tail consisting of three pink leaf-shaped protusions.

"Cain, yours is the Sneasel. Ezekiel, you take Zangoose." Almost immediately, the Pokemon grappled each other and began rolling around playfully. Heeding Oak's words, Ezekiel and Cain dived for them, pulling the feline Pokemon away from each other, the former saying rather unhelpfully,

"Come on, get your Pokemon off of mine." Cain then heard him mutter, "Shorty". Once upon a happier time, that word wouldn't mean anything to Cain. However, he merely kept silent and went to where the other males were standing, Sneasel now in her Pokeball.

Ash_Junior

Irredeemable Nerd
ooc: I find this rather amusing, since I went to college recently, so I know what would actually happen.

I didn't move into my dorm room until I met with my advisor, got my books, made sure I was sighed up for all my classes....lol...

and btw, all my Pokemon will be named either Greek (ancient) or Latin words.
http://cdsjcl.f2g.net/translate.html

:p

+++++

Tyco Sanders glanced down at his schedule. It was pretty tight this semester, with 17 credits. He glanced over at the desk that he had claimed and the pile of books and sighed. This was going to be….interesting this year.

He glanced down at the Pokeball that contained his Cyndaquil. He hadn’t let it out yet. He was almost afraid to. His parents were vehemently anti-trainer, despite his family running the Viridian City Pokemon Mart. When Maple had first suggested that he go on a Pokemon journey, his parents had grounded him just for mentioning it.

Some of the kids that had been looking forward to being trainers hteir whole lives would think that his parents were unnecessarily mean for that, but his parents meant well. Most trainers that set out were financially ruined within three years, simply because the competition between trainers and the better trainers picking on new trainers and taking all their money—it was an Arcanine-eat-Mightyena world out there.

He picked up Cyndaquil’s Pokeball and one of his books and headed out for the main lawn. He might as well start reading and get a head start on what he had to do. He had to decide on a name for his Cyndaquil.

Ignis. Based off a Latin word for fire. That would suit Cyndaquil perfectly…..now to find a nice, quiet place to get a head start on his reading.

SlipKnoT

"Well, I think we should go back to the dorm." said Torch.

"Mag!" said Blaze.He was making punching motions with his hands.

"Ya want to battle...again.Ok." replied Torch.

"Magby!" Blaze happilily yelled.

The two walked down the beach and came across a Krabby.Without warning Krabby tried to use bubble but Torch ducked.

"Use Smog!" said Torch.

A smoke surronded Krabby and poisoned it.

"Now give it a Mega Punch" he said.

The move hit and the Krabby fainted.

"Good!" said Torch.

Dragonite Trainer

Pokemon Breeder
Lucas jumped back from the door as the other boy Zeke slammed it in his face.
"Well fine be that way jerk."
Lucas took Onix's pokeball from his belt.
"I dont think you suck Onix, lets go battle."
Lucas walked outside where he saw some trainers with thier pokemon battling wild pokemon trying to level them up.
"Alright Onix lets come on out!"
The large rock serpent let out a roar which made some other kids jump. Lucas walked over towards the bushes with Onix and saw a spinnarak on the tree.
"Onix use tackle attack."
Onix made a direct hit but also sent the tree flying. Lucas laughed and walked up to Onix.
"Thats alright Onix. Maybe we should stick to battling pokemon that arent in trees."
Lucas returned Onix and walked back to his dorm.

SlipKnoT

"Good job on your battles Blaze!" said Torch.

"By!" said Blaze happily.He was happy because he loved to battle and it looks like Torch did to.

"All were gonna do is Eat, Sleep, Battle, and the clases, them too.

"Mag?" said Blaze.Probaby meaning "When do clases start?".

"I don't know.Today is like a day to take it easy." Torch replied.

"Mag." said Blaze.

"Let's head back to the dorm." Torch said.

On their way back to the dorm they saw a wild Venonat.

"Use Fire Punch!"Torch orrdered.

The attack hit and did some serious damage.The Venonat attempted a Stun Spore but Blaze dodged it.

"Finish up with a big Ember!" commanded Torch.

When it hit it was all over.They walked back to the dorm and rested.After all that battling in one day they were tired.

ClowSui

look! a shiny dragon
It was a repetitive motion - normally, people would've given up by now but this was to test both trainer and Pokemon's sheer patience and will to practice. Even the few Pokemon who had come out of hiding to look for food had no patience to see when the human would leave, and believe me when you live in the plains you have to wait a looong time before your predators go away.

"Again! Go, Cloudy!"

The Pokeball's mechanism clicked open and the laser outline actually moved, revealing a Swablu spraying a Haze upwards as it flew. Rising above the grayish mist, Cloudy gave a mighty flap of her wings but could only seem to part some of it. Sui grinned happily and reached his hand out for Cloudy to return to his hand. She seemed disappointed but nonetheless she ruffled her puffy wings proudly.

"It's alright, Cloudy - we'll eventually get it. You just need to learn to control that Haze, that's all - once we get it I think that we can make an appeal too, seeing as you'd gain a few levels doing so." The Swablu brightened up at this prospect and flapped to Sui's shoulder and as it did so its stomach gave a resounding rumble. Laughing heartily, Sui walked to where he had previously seen a berry bush and picked a couple of Oran Berries for Cloudy, who was still on her shoulder and flapped down to his wrist to consume three of the six in his hand. Popping two in his mouth and placing one in his pocket, he picked a couple more Oran Berries and went to the Pecha Berry bush, feeding two to Cloudy before pocketing four in one of his numerous pockets.

"I'm gathering these berries so that I can make a Pokeblock - it'll accentuate and accelerate the growth of your beauty and cuteness," Sui said. He understood the concept of the machines and had practiced hand-eye coordination but had never actually encountered one. "But let's try out your opening appeal again, huh?" Cloudy chirped and flapped to her Pokeball, tapping the mechanism and zapping herself in.

"One more time! Gooooo Cloudy!"

This time, the black mist was indeed less in its amounts and as Cloudy flew up she suddenly felt the urge to use something - a ghostly force that had a haunting feel. At the critical moment, she flapped her wings to blow the winds to the sides and used said force to make it surround her in a circle, glowing while doing so.

Sui had seen the Astonish attack and leaped in joy. She was indeed up a couple of levels just as he'd guessed! Hugging her in his happiness (and almost crushing her), Sui exclaimed, "Yes! You learnt Astonish, Cloudy - and you perfected our opener at the same time! How about that, huh?" She gave a strangled "Swab" as Sui sheepishly relinquished her from his hold but sang a happy song when she was released to show that she was happy as well.

Perching on Sui's shoulder, Cloudy was just about to settle in a comfortable position when Sui's stomach growled, startling her into a series of squawks and screeches as she flew upwards in panic. Laughing until tears came out of his eyes, Sui beckoned her to come to his side once more and petted her head. "It means I'm hungry, you silly Cotton Bird. Let's head back; we already got a lot of work done today - you have it down but it looks shabby so we'll tune it up sometime soon alright?" A hearty "Swab" agreed with these thoughts as Sui headed back for his late afternoon meal.

crystal-zephyr

i feel his pain
Kassy was lying down on her bed. Even though she had a pokemon with her she still felt alone. "We need someone else around. Shame that Bellsprout didn't catch. We'll get it some day. For now we just gotta chill out for the day and have our lessons tommorow." Misdreavus nodded and fell asleep on the floor. Kassy recalled it thinking it would be more comfortable. Kassy got up and went outside to sit in the fesh air.

Outside she heard the cry of an Onix then a tree flying off. Kassy couldn't help but laugh abit. She found another tree and sit down leaning against it. Finding it uncomfortable she climbed up it and sat on one of the think branches. "I just hope no one makes me fall out."

SlipKnoT

Torch and Blaze were in the dorm.Torch just wanted to lay down, but Blaze wanted to battle...again.

"Mag." said Blaze pointing to the door.

"Jeez, we'll battle later.I'm gonna go collect oran and sitrus berries for HP healing and maby I'll get some for pokebloks." Torch replied.

"Mag!" said Blaze knocking on the door.

"Return." Torch said getting out Blaze's pokeball.

The little Magby got hit by the red laser and dissapeared into the pokeball. Then Torch left for the forest.He came across a waterfall were there were berries.He picked them, put them in his backpack, and went deeper into the forest.Suddenly a Jigglypuff tried to spear him with a marker.

"AH!MURDERING JIGGLYPUFF!" Torch screamed.

"Jiggly!" proclaimed Jigglypuff.It could have meant:If you don't give me your money so I can pay for art school I'll draw on you 'till the stains don't come out, or Hi my name's Puff.Who knows?

"Go Blaze!" Torch said throwing Blaze's pokeball.

The fire pokemon appeared from the red laser and spit fire.

"Use Ember!" Torch yelled.

The Jigglypuff jumped to dodge and hit Blaze with his marker.Luckly it wasn't effective and the cap was on.

"Use Mega Punch!" Torch orrdered.

Blaze's fist turned white and slammed Jigglypuff in the face.

"Finish this with a Fire Punch!" Torch commanded.

The fist that was white turned to a flaming redish/orange and struck Jigglypuff knocking it out.

"Good, return." stated Torch.

Torch then walked back to the dorm.

Pokenatic92

Im walking away now
ooc: sorry just saw the thread...i ahd a feeling i would get a fighting pokemon lol

Tiago started on walking towards his room with a pokeball in his hand. He stopped for a second and held out the pokeball. "C'mon out Tyrogue". A red light shout out and standing in front of Tiago was this little fighter pokemon. The pokemon went into a playful fighting stance. Tyrogue-"Ty....Ro..Tyro..gue. Tiago- "Hey there little buddy, I guess I should giev you a nickname right about now." Tiago started to think and then got an idea. Tiago-"Tyrogue..How about I call you CJ after my little cousin?" Tyrogue- "*happily* Tyro...Tyrogue!" Tiago- Ok then, CJ it is..Ok now return." With a bright red flash, CJ returned to his pokeball.

5 minutes later

Tiago arrived to his dorm. He opened the door to a room with a bed, a desk, a door that led to a bathroom. "Hmph no TV...oh well won't have time to watch anyways." He went over to the desk to find 5 pokeballs and a note. Tiago read the note then folded it and put it in the smaller compartment of his bag. He then took out a pokeball holder in his bag and attached it to the waist line of his shorts. He put CJ's poekball on it and put the other 5 in the item part of his bag. he then lay down and tared into the ceiling. "Now it's my time to prove that I can be the best pokemon trainer"

Status
Not open for further replies.