• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Battle Academy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrystalSaurTower

Reckard had walked out into the center of the plaza where the battles were being held, only just getting out of the masnion. "Hey Cleffa, there battling!" He exclaimed to Cleffa, in which the small pokemon jumped up in enjoyment.

Sitting down by a bench, he started to watch the battle between Weepenbell and Qyndquil. "A real battle.." He siad to himself over a little. "It looks really fun.." He always admired the stragey it took to pull off a succesful win. He glared down at Cleffa, seeing the more cute it got, the less powerful it became. Cleffa sensed his worry and sagged slightly on Reckard's lap. "Aw Cleffa.." He snuggled up to him. "We'll do great together!" Cleffa chirped up and began to jump up and down enthusiastically. His eyes shifted to the side of the room back to the battle, still feeling quite doubtful about the whole thing.

"NOW" He heard ringing over the intercom, and the two gazed back over to the battle in shock, just in time to see it sneeze a ferious flamthrower on Weepinbell. "Amazing.." He said in awe. "Cleffa-Clef.." Cleffa repeated dazingly. 'How incredible..' He thought to himself thinking about the person up. 'It's almost..itimidating..'

He gulped for a little, and saw the comitee called for a small break before continuing, and that Reckard would come next. "Oh good! We have just enough time to know your battle side, Cleffa!" He proclaimed cheerfully, taking out his mini attack dex within his Pokenav, and scanned it over Cleffa who had pumped his muscles up trying to look strong, but just ended up more cute looking.

"K Cleffa.." He told his new pokemon. "Your attacks are..Present and Charm! Cool.." He sat back down with Cleffa by his side. "I hear Present's a really rare egg move, and Charm reduces your opponents speed by boosting your cuteness! You'll probably keep them paralyzed with your antics.." The pink marshmellow jumped up and off the bench waiting for a command.

"Oh, you wanna practice? Ok!" He agreed, jumping up and pointing towards a large, wooden oak. "Um, I assume you say it to do it..so..uh, Present!" Cleffa wipped out a small glowing ball that seemed so enticing, and Cleffa cheerfully left it by the large tree. "..?" Suddenly, without warning it exploded and the tree went flying into million bits. "Incredible Cleffa!" He awarded his Cleffa, not beforing hearing a few 'my solarbeam could do that easy' or 'showoff' 's, making Reckard sag back down onto the bench a little more. "Well, yeah..good job."

Then, over the intercom it rang 'Ok, evryoe were back and ready to roll! Like promised, next up; Reckard J. Kage!!'

A few claps emered, but still nothing special arose around the stadium as all eyes lay on him. "Ok Cleffa..Lets do a good j-job, kay?" He asked Cleffa nervously, sort of taken back by the glaring stares by the other trainers here. 'He'll never win with a baby pokemon!' he heard walking up. 'Heh, look a Cleffa! Whats next, a plushie?' he heard when getting on stage. 'Boo, get off the stage!! Real trainers don't use baby pokemon like that!!'

Reckard felt really uncomfortable by all the negetive reviews he had gotte by walking up. But suddenly, by the last comment he grew a slight more angry. "Hey! Guess that litte insect you call a Venonat any better!?" The other trainer hid his Venonat behind him and let out a sour face with his tounge sticking out and running off. He was suprised by the sudden outburst, and Cleffa tugged on the pant leg of his pants to see if he was still alright.

"Don't worry Cleffa, just gotta little.." He said slyly, eying his way over to the ground. "..annoyed." Cleffa jumped up with its cheery smile once again and stepped into a battle pose once again. Then, a dark horse like person with a huge claymore sword on his back about Reckard's age walked up with his pokeball in hand.

'Whos..that?' He wondered, eying the mysterious swordsman as he noticed his pokeballs were connected along his sword. 'He's so..strange..' Clleffa stood guard on the appearence of the man, claws at the ready.

"Ok..The match ups are this! Reckard J. Kage versus Rhodes N. Silver!!"

A few upper freshmen cheered at there copanion who had won quitea few duels in his day.

"Ready!? GO!!"

"Ok..Go Cleffa!" Reckard nervously announced to the crowd, and Cleffa jumpiing in front of him.

"I guess I'll use that new one I caught.." Rhodes whispered to himself, taking out his sword and holding it infront of him. "Go Hitmontop!!" The whole crowd was shocked as Rhodes swiped the sword in the direction of Reckard and released a glowing pokeball revealing a swirling and spinning pokemon proudly exhibiting its name.

"I'll begin.." the boy said nervously, Cleffa getting ready. "Charm!"

"Heh.." The other boy smirked. "Double kick!" Hitmontop ran up to Cleffa easily even with the charm and landed a whole four double kicks, sending Cleffa back into Reckard's arms. A sweatdrop dripped down on his four head as he encouraged Cleffa jump back into action.

"Ok, Present!" The little marshmellow jumped over to Hitmontop and landed a sweet Present easy on Hitmontop sending him flying.

"How fast you are Cleffa!!" Reckard proclaimed joyfully.

"Let's really get it on now, huh!?" Rhodes asked ferosiously to Reckard in an attempt to bring him down. He backed up a bit, but heard from the crowd, 'Give up, just be a Co-Ordinator!!' and sudden;y grew feircely angry.

"I'll show you what a Co-Ordinator can do!!" Reckard yelled awesomly over to Rhodes, Rhodes a little bit suprised.

"Right!" He awnsered. "Quick attack Hitmontop!" The pokemon went speeding at Cleffa.

"Charm, Charm, Charm!!" he ordered Cleffa three times, Cleffa making three adorable poses and drastically slowing him down to a jog.

"Charm, and then Present!!" He told the pinky. Just as he was about to strike a death blow, Cleffa used Charm making him stop and appeared right above Hitmontop with a feirce Present attack.

"What!?" Rhodes asked a tad shocked, ordering Hitmontop to get up, in which he slowly obeyed through hanging onto his arm. "Well, no more Mr.Nice guy! Hitmontop, Low Chop!"

"Get ready Cleffa!" He alerted Cleffa, Cleffa replying with a stout "Clef!" in regonition. "Use Charm right as hes about to attack and repeat the strateggy we did before!"

"Think again! High Kick!" Rhodes ordered Hitmon, it suddenly rising from under Cleffa and making a strong blow and into the air.

"Mega Kick!!" The trainer strongly yelled, Hitmon obeying and knocking Cleffa down on the floor in a dire pain.

"Low, High Kick!" The straey repeated and he arrived into the air again in pain. "Let's finish this Hitmontop! Mega Kickk!!!" Hitmon almost hit when Reckard noticed what happened. It was all just so quick he couldn't react, till now.

'Of Course!' Reckard thought in an instance, thinking of a brand new strategy. "Cleffa, best Charm ya got." Cleffa nodded, and striked the cutest pose it could, very much slowing down Hitmon and leaving the audience in daze of cuteness.

"Now, grab his foot and throw him to the ground!" Cleffa jumped up, grabbed the fighters foot and slammed him on the pavement.

"Now, the best Present you got!" "Clef-Clef-Clef-Clef-Clef-Clef-Clef-FAAAAAA!!" The small beast rang out, switching it's fingers side to side as a large ball of light charged atop him.

"Hurry Hitmontop! Get him before he charges up!" Rhodes demanded and sent the pokemon right towards the marshmellow.

"NOW!!" Reckard yelled out, and Cleffa crying, "CLEFFF-AAAA!!!" Sending the huge Present ball right in Hitmon's weak point and slammed back down to the ground quivering, just as Cleffa collapsed as well from the previous attacks.

"Reckard?"

"Yeah?"

"Let's each do our best attacks head on!"

"Yes! Cleffa?"

"Cleffa-Cle-Cle!"

"HIIIIIT-MON!"

"Cleffa, Present!"

"Hitmontop, Ariel Ace!"

The two pokemon collided and a fury of smoke appeared blocking them from view, though seeing there was only one winner, the smoke kept going till finallly, both bodies fell colllasped on the ground.

"Both pokemon are unable to battle! The battle is a draw!" The judge announced, and directed the two away.

"Great battle." Rhodes said holding out his hand.

"Happily." Reckard agreed, shaking his hand wityh equal force.

"You did alot with the such few moves you had. I forsee you'll become a great tactician one day!"

"Great, guess I tied with a reallly powerful classmen huh?"

"Yup, though I just caught Hitmontop today for a new pokemon for me to train. My other pokemon are waaay more powerful.."

His mouth gaping wide open, wide-eyed, he awnsered nervously, "H-Heh..Yeah. Well, see ya later!"

"Bye!!"

Reckard slowly moved on over to Mrs. Anabel where she said, "Yes, he's one of my top students. You've certanitly got potential, take these balls while I heal Cleffa."

After a short moment of examinging the balls and having Cleffa handed back over to him, he gazed down at the new road ahead.

"What next..?" He asked Cleffa being carried in his arms now in the center of the walkway.

Last edited:

pokemaster394

JESUS FREAK
Is it too late to join in this rpg?

The famous Pokemon Battle Academy. What a sight it was. Eric stepped off of the boat onto a clean looking dock. He smiled "Thanks for the ride!" he said cheerfully. The man who gave him said ride gave a disgruntled expression and drove the boat off while muttering something unclear. Eric quickly forgot about the man and began walking to the closest building he could find. It was a big one, off in the distance. He stepped quickly, trying to get there as soon as possible. Suddenly he heard the faint sound of yelling. Or cheering? Yeah, that's cheering he thought to himself. He turned from the building to see where it was coming from. As he got closer it became more clear. Students were cheering from inside a smaller building, to what he presumed was a pokemon battle.

Out of curiosity, he knocked. No one answered, obviously they wouldn't hear him through all of that commotion. He slowly opened the big doors but flinched as he heard a sound from behind.

"Excuse me? Why are you so late?" an older man asked from behind. Presumably a teacher.
"I'm a transfer student. Where is Professor Oak?" Eric questioned, slowly turning to face the man.
"He's busy with the tournament right now. Come with me" he said, entering the building, motioning for Eric to follow. They made their way to a small room with a table centered in it. "I'm Vince" he said, rummaging through some papers. "Do you have something to show me?". He took out three sheets of paper through a folder and placed it onto the table.
"Oh, um.. Yeah." Eric said, remembering the certain transfer papers he was to present to Professor Oak. He took off his backpack and slipped out two sheets of paper, explaining the sudden transfer.

"So.." Vince paused to take a quick glance at one of the papers, "So you're from the Hoenn Academy?" He started examining all five sheets of paper. He began filling some of them out, rather hastily.
"Yeah.." Eric responded, mostly focusing on the now faint cheers coming from what he figured was an arena.
"Have you already recieved your first pokemon?"
"Yes." Eric responded. That was a lie. He had owned his beloved Taillow for a couple months. It only battled a couple of times but it was his. The Hoenn Academy allowed their students to start off with either one provided for them or one they've owned previously. Eric started off with his Taillow. He didn't feel like explaining so he just gave that short answer.
"Excellent. Well you'll be enrolled very shortly. For now just enjoy the tournament. Gary.. Err.. Professor Oak will inform you where your room is and who your roomates are." Vince said, standing up and gathering the papers. Without another word he left the room. Eric followed uneasily and saw Vince leave the building in a rush.

"Let's go check out this tournament, then!" he said as he started following the cheering. Actually by now, it more quiet. He had to rely on where he thought it came from. He wandered around, hopelessy looking for the room and began feeling increasingly uncomfortable. The pokeball in his bag began shaking and popped open. A red glowing orb sprang into the air and formed into Taillow's shape. He landed on Eric's shoulder and squacked a happy, "Taillow!". Eric smiled and stroked the back of his blue bird.

"Now where is this place!?" he asked just before another loud cheer started. He took the oppurtunity to follow it's sounds and finally made his way to where the arena was. Taillow's grip got a bit tighter. He seemed to be a bit intimidated by the massive amount of students and pokemon gathered around the current battle. Eric took a nearby seat next to some upperclassmen. It really wouldn't matter who he sat next to since he knew no one. But the higher rank students seemed to get his freshman aroma. They rolled their eyes and focused on the battle. Eric decided to do the same.

A giant smoke cloud caught his attention. Taillow watched as the smoke cleared with wide eyes, as did Eric. A Cleffa and a Hitmontop both appeared unable to battle. Richie announced it was a tie and the two trainers shook hands. Eric continued watching, eager to see more of his fellow freshman and watch more interesting battles.

Literate

black cat, black cat
Indigo stared at the sleeping form of her trainer. She tapped a round foot against his covers; he only brushed them off. The Oddish was sure that Trace had heard the announcement over the PA. Did they say that they had to go somewhere by a ten o' clock? She scrunched her face up in deep thought. The pokemon was now faced with a decision: to wake or not to wake?

She turned her body over to the analog clock. Her eyes wavered as she tried to decipher what it meant. The smaller hand was a little to the left. The big hand was ticking dangerously close to the top of the circular clock. 9:30, or so she thought. Nah, she hopped over to her trainer's backpack. She digged into the black bag, pulling out a berry. She munched on it quietly as time slowed down.

Indigo took a look at Trace's bed, juices leaking out of her mouth. She took another bite, thinking. 'Nah, we're not going to be late.'

--

The teenaged male observed patiently at already fighting contenders. He glanced at his watch before placing a hand into his pocket: 9:56. His opponent should be here by now. He whistled a small tune, looking everywhere, but the ground, waiting. Two minutes passed. He sighed, running a hand through his dark black hair. The boy glanced, bored, at the commenced battles, again, before looking down at his watch, which was close to 10:00.

People said Satoshi had the patience of a lifetime. So was he going to become frustrated right now? Nope, one late battle wasn't worth his time, especially one with a newbie freshman. The only thing that he knew besides his opponent's name was the fact that Trace was late.

-Lit

flygonrulz

Don't leave me!
“Beautifly, use a silver wind!” Jack commanded his Beautifly. Serenity grinned. Finally she would see Breeze’s attacks.

“Trapinch, try to dodge!” She yelled to her red friend. Trapinch ran as fast as it’s little legs could carry it but the Beautifly hit it with a silvery gust. She growled. “Come back with a bite attack!” Trapinch began jumping to attack Breeze but she always got away. But that made Trapinch even more determined. A few more tries later and Trapinch bit into Breeze’s wing, causing quite some damage. Serenity smiled at the results but Jack was already thinking of a comeback.

“Use gust!” He commanded. As Trapinch was still on Breeze, she threw him off and caused damge from both the fall and the upcoming attack. A mini tornado hit Trapinch, hitting it backwards again and again into the dirt and hitting against its armour. Trapinch struggled to get up.

“Trapinch, you okay?” Serenity asked, her blue eyes crying out o the pokemon in anguish.

“PINCH!” Trapinch yelled out.

“That’s good, use a tackle attack!” Trapinch ran towards Breeze.

“Breeze, dodge and use a string shot!” Jack cried. Breeze flew upwards and Trapinch ran underneath her. She then shot her white silk out which wrapped around Trapinch, making him unable to move.

“Trapinch! Try to break free…” Serenity mused. “Try to bite the string shot!” Trapinch knawed at the silk, cutting at it desperately.

“Breeze, use stun spore!” Breeze used orange dust to paralyze Trapinch.

“No!” Serenity gasped.

“Breeze, use a final Gust to finish this up!” Serenity closed her eyes but she could hear everything. The gust ripped through the string shot but hit Trapinch and knocked him out.

“Trapinch is unable to battle, Jack Mariner and his Beautifly win!” The announcer cried out. Serenity opened her eyes and nodded in defeat. She went over and picked up her fallen pokemon.

“You okay, Trapinch?” She asked. It weakly mumbled. Serenity then did what any good sportsperson should do. She ran up to Jack and put her hand out. “Thanks for the great battle, Jack. It really showed off my skills even though I lost,” She smiled. He did the same and shook her hand. “I will beat you one day, though. Just like you did with that trainer. And don’t go easy on me.” She grinned.

OOC: Pokemaster394 if you want to join then go to the sign up thread and post your sign up ok?

BIC: Vacrule looked at the figure in the distance.
“Are you ready Mike?”
“Yeah as ready as I’ll ever be.”
“Keep in mind that it won’t be easy for us to catch this thing.”
“Yeah I know. Can we start the chase already?”
“On my mark.” Vacrule bent over to prepare for the mad dash ahead.

“Ready”

“Set”

“Go”
Mike and Vacrule began the dash. The dark figure began running away even faster than before. Mike leaned forward in an effort to get extra speed again with Vacrule right next to him and slowly started to gain on the figure in the distance. As he got closer he began to see black stripes on the pokemon.

“Mike branch off we will surround it” said Vacrule who went left into a different part of the woods. Mike went right, but continued to stay hot on the figure with black stripe’s tail. It was then that Mike heard Vacrule shout “Lairon now!” Out of nowhere the lairon came from out of the ground with a wall that would have stopped the figure dead in its tracks, but before it could happen the figure used the wall to rise up and it began hopping from tree branch to tree branch.

“Oh it’s over” thought Mike as he slowly stopped running and put his head down.
“Oh it aint over yet” said Vacrule as he threw out a pokeball. The pokemon that came out was a pidgeot.
“Now pidgeot extreme speed!” said Vacrule as he jumped up and began climbing a tree.
Mike rose his head up with a new vigor and began hopping up onto the trees.
“Murkcrow follow pidgeot” cried Mike as his pokemon who had been chasing from above made a sharp turn to follow pidgeot. Mike climbed to the tallest tree and looked out around the area. He found a small plain that was relatively close by.
“Hey Vacrule” said Mike as Vacrule had just made it up to the top of one of the adjacent trees, “We can lure it into that flatland over there.”
“Well don’t just stand there start trying to get it over there” said Vacrule.

OOC: I’ll finish the rest when I get some free time.

Razor Shiftry

Cynthia = Porn Star
Jack shook Serenity’s hand tightly. It was a pretty good match and Jack felt…proud, yes, proud of Serenity, and also of Breeze. Breeze and he had been practicing together to perfect the sliver wind technique for weeks, after Mr Drew had made a comment about it. So Jack and Breeze began working, figuring out how to perform it together. It turns out that it was a sort of light gust attack with released sparkling dust. Theoretically, Breeze’s silver wind wasn’t completely silver, as they started off learning it with Breeze using stun spore so her silver wind attack attempts always had a slight orange tint to it. But he was still proud none then less.
Jack realised that he was staring into Serenity’s eyes and quickly glanced up, to see Miss Annabel walking in her confident manner towards them.

Miss Annabel was a slight woman, quite small but with an aura that radiated power, and as she walked up, Jack took a step back, as a sign of respect, and the fact that she wanted to talk to Serenity, not him. So Jack turned around and walked back to the benches and sat down a little heavily, his bum giving him a slight shock. Then he felt a familiar light weight settle on his head and a slight shadow go over him. But Jack didn’t look up, he knew it was only Breeze. In stead, he reached up and scratched her affectionately on her chin.

‘Jack! Jack!’ Jack glanced over to where the call came from and saw Vicky running up to him. Jack sighed a little and said quietly to himself, ‘oh here we go again’. Breeze, hearing this comment, giggled. Vicky was soon next to him, slumping down on the bench heavily, her hair annoyingly smacking into his head.

‘OW!’ said Jack in irritating pain. He felt his butterfly pokemon flutter off his head and on to Vicky’s. ‘Traitor’, said Jack jokingly and Breeze smiled sweetly. Jack turned his attention back to his friend and even without talking to her, he could tell she was angry, so he said carefully, not wanting to provoke her, ‘so how was your battle?’

Sadly for Jack, this was the complete wrong move and before he knew it, he was being bombarded with a large face full of Vicky.
‘HOW WAS MY… My battle was terrible. Absolutely rubbish. Right, my opponent was this girl called Simone (by the way, this is just another NPC) and she looks all right I suppose, tall, thin as a stick, brunettes…know her? Anyway, we get this battle going so she sends out her Chansey, the lucky bit-’ Jack was suddenly attacked with a bout of severe coughing. ‘Well die quietly please, anyway, this lucky bitc-’ Jack was attacked with another bout off coughing. ‘Finished now Jack?’ Jack could feel her annoyance.
‘Err, yes thanks, I think some dust went up my nose or something…’
Vicky gave off a disgruntled tone and continued talking, ‘well, as this Simone sent out a Chansey, I thought, considering all my pokemon had fun at the Manor, I let Snuggles out to have some fun in this battle. Well, this is annoying, that weakling of a pokemon actually screamed and fainted on the spot!’ Jack couldn’t help but shake his head and Vicky drew out a lure ball containing the infamous Snuggles and began crooning it, saying ‘awww, that pink blob of a pokemon was scared of you Snuggles? But everyone knows you aren’t scary…you’re a cute, cuddly and snugly-’
Thankfully, Jack was saved from this odd behaviour by Serenity walking up to them…

flygonrulz

Don't leave me!
Serenity skipped the last few places and plopped down neatly next to Vicky. She laughed and turned her face directly upwards to the sky, making her eyes sparkle with the rays of the sun.

"Someone seems happy." Vicky said, meaning to state the obvious. Serenity looked back at her with a massive grin on her face.

"Miss anabell says that i was really creative with that last battle!" She laughed. "She said that fusing Sand attack and tackle was a great idea and then using bite to propell Trapinch was another! I wasn't exactly sure what i was doing I just kinda...did it!" She smiled and looked up at Snuggles. "Aw!" she said, standing up and scratching it's scales. It seemed to apreciate it. "Aren't you cute!" Vicky gave Jack a smirk that said "I told ya so." all over it. "I love dragon types," Serenity said. "I don't get why people always think that guys should get them all." Serenity mused. Vicky stood up and put a friendly arm around Serenity's shoulder, weirding her out a bit.

"Jack, now we have a good one on our hands here!" She grinned.

"Uh...thanks? ...I think..." Serenity said, smiling.

Razor Shiftry

Cynthia = Porn Star
Jack raised an eyebrow slightly.
‘I hope you aren’t gonna train her up to be just like you, I already have enough to cope with’. Vicky just gave him a quirky smile and leapt of Serenity and back down onto the bench.
‘Well, I don’t think so…and anyway, there can only be one of me, right?’
‘of course’, said Serenity and she skipped lightly over to the other side of Jack and sat down. Breeze, who had been watching this all, quietly fluttered over to Serenity and landed on her head, to which she gave a sound of surprise and glanced over to Jack, her eyes sparkling slightly. Jack gave a hearty laugh and held out his arm for Breeze to land on, and brought it closer to him, letting her feel his warm body.
‘Oh, by the way’, said Vicky, her voice turning into a know-it-all, ‘Gyarados aren’t actually a dragon type, but still belong in the dragon breeding group…’
‘Ok, ok Vicky, shut up already, lets just go and get some lunch, you pretty girls coming?’ Jack gave a sly wink to Serenity but Vicky intercepted it and winked back and grabbed Jack roughly.
‘Alright sweetie, you’re all mine!’ said Vicky playfully and began dragging him off towards the cafeteria.
Now I know what Chris feels like, thought Jack as he glimpsed Serenity laughing at the sight of Vicky and him.

flygonrulz

Don't leave me!
Serenity laughed and then ran up to the two of them with a smile on her face. She saw Jack squirming a little.

"Um, Vicky," She said. Vicky hummed. "Um, I think you should let go before Jack's arm comes off."

"Never!" Vicky hyperly laughed. Serenity and Jack sweatdropped but Vicky let go and smiled. She linked arms with Serenity in a very friendly way in which made her smile. She had two good new friends. Maybe things wouldn't be too bad at all. She grabbed Jack's hand gently to cart him along as well.

"I'm not going to let Vicky go with out you!" She laughed. but she could hear complaining nearby.

"Those battles were over way too soon!" One said.

"I know! It's boring! I'd love another battle..." The other replied.

Serenity smiled misceiviously with an idea forming in her head. Jack was the only one who caught the mysterious twinkle in her eye.

Literate

black cat, black cat
10:30. A.M.

[In Indigo's mind, she thinks it’s 10:00.]

‘Hey.’ She poked and prodded at her trainer, who seemed to ignore her. “Od-od dish.”

“Indigo, leave me alone,” he mumbled. Said pokemon drooped her leaves a little bit, before lighting up to an idea.

‘Trainer fight, battle, there is battle now!’ she shouted to him. He only mumbled. She momentarily remembered that he couldn't understand pokemon language. The pokemon did the only thing that came to mind to wake him up: jump. Once. Twice. Once more. And—

“Indigo, can't I have some decent sleep?” Yawning, he clambered out of bed, complaining to his pokemon. The Oddish made a secret sign of victory as he wandered towards the bathroom. Just then, he happened to look up at the clock. A string of curse words fell out of his mouth. “I'm late!”

He fumbled for a pokeball in his bag and returned Indigo into it, as he speeded through his morning activities. He flung on some clothes, black tee shirt and brown cargo pants, and he zipped to the door.

Trace glanced back at the clock to see it turning into 10:40, before dashing out the door.

---

He imagined a tumbleweed crossing in front of him. The wind blew in mock silence. The battles were done and it seemed like he was one of the few left that were waiting for their freshman battles. Well, they didn't call him Satoshi, the serene one for nothing. And if wasn't about his title and dignity, he wouldn't want to just get furious about people who were late. If eggs were late in hatching, that'd mean it would be kind of dead. Or still sleeping. Whichever the one is the case.

The sophomore saw a running figure in the distance. The two other trainers stopped playing rock-paper-scissors and looked at the same direction, eager to begin their battle. He was out-of-breath when he arrived, a pokeball gripped tightly in his hand. Satoshi gave him a questionable look.

“So...who do I have to battle?” he ventured, raising the stares of the other two. The younger male glanced at Satoshi, before looking to the trainers.

"Are you..." one of the other sophomores trailed, digging through his pocket for a sheet of paper. He glanced at it for a bit before mumbling, "...Kyle?"

“Nah, I'm Trace. I don't know who to battle anyway. So—” he was cut of sharply by Satoshi.

“Then, I'm battling you.” He gave a slight nod to the other two, signaling, “Sayoonara,” or “Too bad, losers.”

---

The two trainers whipped out their pokemon. Trace threw his ball first, though. “Alright, Indigo, let’s battle!”

From the light appeared a small round pokemon, as wide as she was tall. Two short legs protruded from her body, and a clutter of leaves assembled on her head. The color faded into green on her leaves, growing indigo on the rest of her body. She gave a short battle cry of, “Odd—dish!”

Satoshi stood there, unimpressed, before pulling out one of the three pokeballs at his belt. “Well, I’m not a trainer, but let’s see how this goes. My starter, Mizuki,” he introduced, tossing the ball into the air.

A feline form curved out from the white light, a small row of soft spikes jutted along the spine of the pokemon. The tail ended with curled splitting, pads of paws forming long delicate legs. The long ears of the cat-like pokemon formed into gill-like protrusions. Fins lined around its neck like a lion’s mane. The color darkened to form Vaporeon, its cerulean skin moist and glittering in the sunlight. “Reee~on,” she cooed.

Silence felled upon the arena, as Trace studied the Vaporeon. Satoshi, on the other hand, didn’t feel the need to rush anything. The referee, however...

“Alright, a one—on—one battle between Satoshi’s Vaporeon and Trace’s Oddish. Begin!”

It was as if everything fell quiet. Satoshi was anticipating on how the Oddish would attack and Trace was...analyzing the Vaporeon’s moves. So basically it was nothing. Feeling the eye of the referee head from his opponent to himself, Trace couldn’t help feel a bit of nervousness. First battle, and with a person who wasn’t a trainer. With a pokemon that had the type advantage. For some strange, out of the world, reason, he felt that no matter how the odds stacked against him, his opponent would find a way to beat him to a pulp.

Satoshi’s eye flickered for a split second, noticing the trainer off guard. Oddish had dropped her awareness as well, providing a perfect time to attack. Patience can always reward him big time. “Quick Attack, Mizu!”

And as fast as she collided into the indigo blob of an Oddish, she had jumped back twenty feet from the pokemon who was now trying to get upright. Her tail swayed in expectation of another command.

‘Wow,’ Trace thought, ‘that was fast. That was fast for a Quick Attack.’

“You should really attack now. I can always just come out and shoot you with an Aurora Beam.” He complemented that statement with a small smirk.

“Oh, right.” Aurora Beam? Was he that strong? In any case, he should say something. A move, command, anything. What did Oddish know perfectly well? “Try an Absorb, Indigo!”

A green aura surrounded the Oddish and floated towards Vaporeon, who hadn’t made a move yet. As the glittering puff of particles moved forward, Mizu opened her mouth and sprayed the Absorb away, though some of it hit her skin. She screeched in mock pain, as Satoshi’s grin grew slightly wider.

“Ah, so that’s it,” he meandered.

“What’s it?” Trace asked, confused. The Oddish stared at him.

“You don’t know your Oddish,” he concluded, tapping a finger on his cheek, his smile sliding away. “Hey, Mizu,” he called; she flicked her ears in reply, with a deep growl emitting from her throat. “—end it with an Aurora Beam.”

She nodded, and looked down at the Oddish with gleaming —seemingly murderous— eyes. She made her mouth O—shaped, as icy particles formed at her tongue slowly. Indigo shuddered. Trace shivered. Was this the end of his career as a trainer? He didn’t even start yet. What was the deal with having this Ranking Tourney anyways? He lost already. Maybe he should return Oddish and forfeit the match. He didn’t want his precious Indigo to get unnecessarily hurt in a battle that he knew won’t win.

“I’m not a trainer, but...” Trace snapped out of his doomed reverie and glanced at Satoshi. Mizu had formed a ball of ice with the Aurora Beam, and was tossing it with the attack’s force. “Do all trainers just think like that for five straight minutes?”

“Um, no. I just— well,” he mumbled wanting a way to say his embarrassment. His opponent only raised a brow in observation. Tossing it off the subject, he asked “What was that, then?”

Satoshi shrugged. “Mizu likes making ice balls out of Aurora Beams. Since I knew it was a habit, I never command her to do that without an assertive voice. If not, she’ll just trick you into thinking that she’ll attack.”

“So you weren’t serious,” Trace asked in disbelief.

“Nope.” Wow, a straight forward answer. “I just have a habit of doing that too. I’m not fit to be a trainer.”

The younger male was only silenced, as Vaporeon shot a ball into the air, propelling it with an iridescent beam.

“Anyway, Mizuki, hit ‘em with an Aurora Beam.”

This time, however, the beam shot straight out at Oddish who barely had any time to dodge. Indigo was hit on the mark, and slammed into Trace, who slid backwards a bit. The new trainer stared at the older one with a blank face, as the referee raised a flag in Satoshi’s direction. He lost? Apart from the fact that Satoshi was playing with him, he had more experience, and had a type advantage (in the case of Aurora Beam), there was no other reason why he lost. Maybe just the air of his adversary himself had frozen him. He seemed so...icy.

The trainer patted Mizu on the head affectionately, before returning her into her Pokeball. Trace did likewise, as Oddish had lost the spark of eagerness in her eyes.

“So,” he walked over to his opponent’s side of the field. “—if you’re not a trainer, then what are you? You have good communications skills with your pokemon.”

Satoshi just glanced at him for a split second, before clipping Mizu’s pokeball onto his belt. “I’m a breeder.” And with the three simple words, he walked off.

[Interesting, neh. Beaten by a breeder. I might have Satoshi show up every so often. *shrugs* I don't want him to hog all the spotlight though.]

-Lit

Skeith

(◕‿‿◕)
With her Snorunt in her arms Nicola walked back to talk to Jacob. "Well i guess i couldn't win and follow your victory." She said to him. Jacob laughed and rubbed the back of his head bashfully, "I got lucky I was verusing a guy with no tallent" He said "Come on lets get our pokeballs from Ritchie!"

After finding Ritchie and recieving there five pokeballs, Jacob was feeling the urgue to battle, "Well I'm going to go and try and catch something! You want to come with?" He asked, Nicole shook her head "Can't, Cicle still needs healing" She said, still clutching the battered snowrunt in her arms, "Fine I'll see you back at the pokemon centre later!" Jacob said, waving as he left the building, he looked around, there were some woods to his right so he made his way other to them. After walking around for a while, Jacob hadn't seen a single pokemon, he was starting to lose hope when he came to a clearing filled with long grass, at frist glance there wasn't a pokemon to be seen and he sighed *guess i better turn back* "Meow" Jacob turned round there coming out of the grass was a Meowth. it looked hungry, taking pitty on the pokemon Jacob reached into his pocket and threw out someone pokechow, which the cat pokemon instaintly ponced on. Having eatten the food the Meowth came up to Jacob and rubbed its head up against him, Jacob smiled and went to pet it "Aww aren't you friendl-eeeeee!" the cat pokemon scratched his hand, "Aggrhh, right thats it go Nincada!" he said chucking out a pokeball, the light formed into the familar shape of Nincada, "Nincad!" It said, a angry look on its face, it looked at its oppoent who was cleaning itself, its angery look was instantly replaced by a terrified look, it ran behind Jacob *What the?* "Okay Nincada quit joking around attack it!" Nincada began to shake rapidy, it looked as if it would cry, it wasn't an act, Jacob sighed and held up Nincadas pokeball, Meowth statred at it and lowered itself into a pounce postion "Nincada retu- Argghh!" Meowth bit into Jacobs hand, Jacob tryed to pull it off but meowth just seemed to sink its teeth in deeper, *Terrfic...*

"Oh my!" Nurse Joy said as Jacob walked in with meowth latched firmly on his arm, Jacob sighed "I fed it and it decided to use my arm as a chew toy to show its thanks and little bravehart here..." pointing at nincada who was still cowering in fear at the sight of the meowth "...wasn't any help at all!" Nurse Joy sighed and walked over to help pull the cat off the annoyed trainer. A little while later Jacob had a plaster on his hand and meowth was rubbing its head on the trainers leg, Jacob sighed "I don't get this cat it seems to like me but it keeps on attacking me!" Nurse joy smiled "Oh it likes you, but Meowth have a habbit of attacking anything that moves!" She said, Jacob sweat dropped, he looked at the meowth who seemed to be smitten with him, it looked as if he was going to be in this love/hurt relationship for sometime.

Last edited:

flygonrulz

Don't leave me!
Serenity, Jack and vicky sat down at a table in the lunch hall. Somebody accidently kicked Vicky's chair and she stood up angrilly.

"HEY!!!" She exploded. "YOU! GET BACK HERE RIGHT NOW!!!" Serenity and Jack sweatdropped at the antics of their crazy friend.

"Well, I'll tell ya one thing," Serenity said, taking a drink from her soda. "You were right about the earplugs."

"How so?" Jack asked with a grin.

"Well, lets just say that Vicky's snoring could break a window. it was funny when she talked though, she said that you smelt like rotten pecha berrys!" Serenity laughed.

"Yeah, I can imagine that..." Jack said. Vicky then came back, rubbing her hands together with a sly smile. "...Vicky, what did you do to that guy?" Jack asked.

"Well, first I gave him a good shouting and then I-" a teacher walked by. but Vicky carried on. "Asked if he wanted to meet Snuggles," She brought out Snuggle's pokeball. "How can something so cute be scary?! It doesn't make any sense!!!" She ranted. Serenity put her hand on Vicky's shoulder.

"My heart bleeds for you. It really does." she said sarcasticlly.

Fiend Ryu

Title Pending
{OOC: Sorry for not posting in a while, I'm not dead. Just can't find much to post about...}

IC:

It just wasn't fun anymore. The match outcomes were becoming predictable, and most battles weren't even worth watching, with the exception of a few. Atleast, that was what Delita thought. He simply relaxed himself on the couch while Garnet danced around happily, obviously enjoying the fact that she had a nickname, and that she had won. She wasn't really paying attention to the matches, but rather focused on her own two feet, making sure that they were moving in perfect syncronization (sp?) with her pleasant humming.

Anabel continued to announce matches, her voice remaining ever booming and enthusiastic, while Richie continued to hand out PokeBalls to the freshmen who had battled, and the audience continued to either cheer or boo, or just gossip. Delita's battle had been a target for lots of gossip and booing, but after a few of the matches following Delita's, it all died down.

Delita decided to stop watching the matches and looked at Garnet. He pondered for a moment before asking, "What level would you say you're at now? Do you feel any stronger?"

Garnet stopped dancing for a moment, and then shrugged at her trainer. She quickly returned to dancing while Delita attempted to calculate her experience points. Mawiles grew fast, needing only a total of 800,000 experience points to reach Level 100. However, the Azumarill they had faced was rather weak, so he assumed that Garnet had gotten less points than she should have. "I'll just assume you're at Level 6."

Absolutely bored, Delita decided to think about his roommates, and what they seemed like from what he knew about them. Of course, he only knew their names and nothing else, so it was hard to make an impression of them from that. Luke...Jack...what generic names. They're probably some average Joe's who have no talent at all. Feh...I definitely wouldn't give my children names like those... Delita thought to himself, picturing them as lazy, fat, unattractive slobs with large nostrils and messy hair.

He took a glance at Garnet, who was bowing, though nobody had even watched her little performance. Delita didn't take long to open his mouth, and snapped his fingers to get her attention. "Garnet! Let's go meet our roommates..."

Razor Shiftry

Cynthia = Porn Star
OOC:err…hey guys, this is like, the first time I’ve been on a computer for a decent length for a week, so here is a post…but I don’t know when my next one will be…

Jack laughed at Serenity’s joke while Vicky gave her a look of mock horror. Shaking his head and smiling, he excused himself and said he was going to get some drinks.
‘So, do you guys want anything?’ asked Jack casually.
‘Thanks Jack’, said Serenity, ‘but already have-’
‘And I’ll have a cola thanks’, interrupted Vicky, smiling in a falsely nice way.
Jack had a sudden thought that something was going to happen while he was away but shrugged it of and walked over to the counter, with Breeze following him and asked for two cola’s and a sugar water for Breeze. The dinner lady, a large kind woman smiled and nodded and in a few seconds, handed over to Jack to cola glasses.
‘Thank you’, said Jack politely and turned around into someone. ‘Sorry’, said Jack automatically to the boy he bumped into and began to walk back to the girls when the boy grabbed his arm a little harshly. Jack instantly turned around; nearly spilling the drinks he was holding, to face a boy who was younger than him, with long blonde hair and disturbing green eyes.
‘Excuse me’, said the boy, sounding all too much like a businessman, ‘do you happen to anyone by the name of-’, the boy paused and took out a sheet of paper. Jack noticed a happy looking Mawlie behind him, looking curiously at everyone. Jack felt the familiar weight of Breeze settle on his head as the boy read out a name on his piece of paper, ‘Jack Mariner or Luke Armstrong?’ Jack saw his eyes glance upwards to Breeze and his expression contorted for a moment, like a passing breeze before reverting back to his normal look.
A little freaked, but curious, Jack replied, ‘well, its your lucky day’, his voice was a little cheery than his real mood was, ‘I'm Jack Mariner and this is Breeze. As for Luke, I haven’t seen him for a while, as I left him in our dorm, but yeah, anyway…’ Jack let the sentence hang. The boy just looked…no, stared at him, as if assessing him. Jack began feeling uncomfortable and began thinking of running when the boy introduced himself.
‘my name is Delita Grayer. It turns out I’m your roommate’, he said bluntly.
Surprised, Jack let hi jaw drop a little before hinting with his head to the direction of the girls and asking, ‘We’re just gonna eat some lunch, so do you wanna come and sit with us?’ Delita looked him with those strangly cold eyes but it’s was his Mawlie who made his choice, by jumping up and pulling on his trousers pleadingly. He sighed with defeat anf followed after Jack and Breeze.

crystal-zephyr

i feel his pain
Nicola walked out of the centre after healign her Snorunt. "You ok now Cicle?" Nicola asked her pokemon.

"Runt." The Snorunt answered with a smile.

"That's good. I guess now that we have pokeballs we can catch some pokemon. How about we go and spy out some pokemon?" Snorunt nodded its head in aproval. Nicola scooped up her ice type pokemon and ran off to find some wild pokemon.

In part of the thick trees bug pokemon were crawling all over the place. "They wont touch me if i dont touch them, they wont touch me if i dont touch them." Nicola kept chanting. A Caterpie dropped from a tree and landed on Nicola's shoulder as she screeched. Snorunt out of shock shot a Powersnow attack and that froze alot of the bug pokemon and even Nicola got chilled. "Thanks Cicle." Up ahead screeches from birds could be heard. Calls from what sounded like Spearow were being amplified throughout the trees as if rebounding off of each tree trunk. Looking up through a few holes in the tree Nicola could see a small dot in the sky being follwed quickly by several other dots. Running out of the forest along the path Nicola found a clearing where she got a good look at the battle scene. It was a Pidgey being attacked by a huge gang of Spearow and Taillow. The Pidgey was on its own against about 10 Spearow and 10 Taillow. "Ok Cicle we may need to help out this Pidgey if it gets to drastic." Nicola whispered. The two bird pokemon gangs stopped and were screaming at eahc other. What seemed to be the leaders of the two groups flew close together and seemed to agree to attack together. Both leading pokemon squarked and the other Spearow and Taillow all flew in with Peck and Quick attacks and each smashed into the tiny Pidgey as it soon dropped to the floor. Once again the leading pokemon squarked and and before finishing the Spearows wing was frozen making it drop. Standing on the ground was Nicola and Snorunt was thrown into the air as it had launched a Powdersnow attack. It landed on tis feet ready for a fight. The Spearow flew down into a tree as its Spearow companions went with it. Only the Taillow gang were left. "Ok then Cicle we lost our last match against that Kakuna but we're gonna beat some birds. Powdersnow!" Snorunt launched its attack which sadly failed as it missed the birds. "Try double team!" Nicola comanded as the birds rammed into the created copies. Two birds hit each of the five copies and Snorunt was already badly hurt. "Powdersnow their leader liek we did with the Spearow." The leader Taillow looked shocked as it comanded a peon Taillow to take the hit. It fell to the ground shivering cold. The fallen Pidgey looked on in amazment as Nicola ran over to it checking it was ok. She turned around to comand Snorunt. "Do what ever you must whilst i take care of this Pidgey." As she turned round Pidgey was stood up. It lifted its wings and blew a gust attack towards Snorunt who got caught in it. "What the f**k are you doing!?" She shouted. Pidgey motioned to look and as Nicola did Snorunt was flying inside the gust attack unharmed. "Ok then great move. Powdersnow them all!" Snowrunt let out a final blast of its cold air which met with every Taillow peon leaving only the leader. Pidgey flew onto Nicola's shoulder. Although still hurt Nicola could tell it wanted to battle. "If you wanna be with us then you gotta prove it." Pidgey nodded. "Then go and use Tackle!" Pidgey flew off and Tackled the Taillow. The Taillow returned with a peck attack and prepared itself with a Double team. "Pidgey use gust to find the real one!" Instead Pidgey didn't listen and its eyes turned red as it flew in with a Tackle which struck the real Taillow on its first try. "Oh my god that is so cool. Pidgey knows Foresight. Shame you dont." Nicola said to Snowrunt who just laughed. The Taillow turned and flew with the Spearow behind it. Pidgey returned to Nicola. "So you gonna go back now arent you?" Pidgey shook its head and motioned towards Snorunt then her pokeballs. "I'm guessing you wanna come with us dont you?" Pidgey nodded. "Well we officially cant capture you but you can stay for the night then tomorrow we battle you." Pidgey again nodded as Nicola turned to walk back to her room.

flygonrulz

Don't leave me!
Serenity was too busy playing with Trapinch to notice the ruckous going on behind them. As the two boys returned Serenity gave them both a warm smile, even the one she didn't know.

"Hey, Jack," she smiled. She then turned to the blonde kid who actually looked kinda cute in a way. Green mystirious eyes and what not. She brushed it off. "Hey there, what's your name?" she asked cheerfully.

"Delita Grayer. It's nice to meet you." He said, flashing a mystirious smile that made her smile as well.

"Thanks, my name's Serenity Featherthrow. I know it's weird already and let me tell you something," She gave Jack a playful look. "I do not throw feathers." The boy laughed.

"Where's you get that from?" He asked.

"Well, it's something Jack said about me, usually people ask if I own any bird pokemon. Bo-ring!" She replied. Elsewhere, Vicky sided up to jack.

"Somebody's jeal-lous!" She grinned.

Fiend Ryu

Title Pending
After some conversation, Delita, who thanks to Garnet, had agreed to have lunch with the trio, headed towards the woman who was serving food, got his meal, pulled up a chair and once again sat down with the three friends. He felt a little uncomfortable eating food that wasn't made by five star gourmet chefs, and eating with a fork which had been used by someone else, but didn't show it and ate anyway. Garnet ate an apple which the cafeteria lady had given to her, happily taking big bites out of the fruit. Delita was a little disturbed at the fact that garnet was chewing with her mouth open, but gave it no thought. Other than that, he was having a hard time acting like a nice person, but still wanted to see what the students at PBA were like.

"So, Jack and Serenity, I saw your battle..." he said after wiping his mouth with a napkin. "You both did pretty good. I'm looking forward to seeing some more of your battles." He actually found their match rather boring but, again, was acting. "Vicky did well, too."

Garnet began to play with Breeze shortly after finishing her meal, obviously enjoying the company. They all conversed for a while until Vicky pondered and realized something. "You said your last name is Grayer, right?"

"Yeah. Why?" Delita said glumly.

"As in the Saffron Grayers? The ones that work for Silph and have mansions all over Kanto?" Vicky said, her eyes widening as she wondered if the boy she was talking to was loaded with cash.

"Yeah...but we don't own much of Silph if that's what you're thinking," he once again lied, knowing that his parents owned roughly 35% of the company. They also owned shares and jobs in many other companies, but they focused on Silph.

"Do you live in a huge mansion? Do you have a private yacht? A jet? Tons of servants? What's it like?" Vicky was bombarding him with questions as everyone else just stared, including Garnet.

"Well...uh...you see..." Delita had all those and more, but didn't want others bugging him about it. He was rather annoyed at Vicky, and his unwelcoming glare just seemed to reappear. People at nearby tables heard the conversation, and began to gossip.

"Look...can we just NOT talk about it?" Delita replied calmly as the hate residing in his eyes slowly vanished. Annoying little wench...she's worse than that geezer, Oak...

flygonrulz

Don't leave me!
Serenity smiled.

"I wouldn't talk to Vicky about her battle if I were you," Serenity said, empisising the word "Battle". Vicky scowled and Serenity laughed her much famous laugh. "Well, I haven't been in too many battles ever so thanks." She then went back on to playing with Trapinch.

After a while, Serenity stood up.

"Well, it's been nice to meet ya," She said to Garnet and Delita. "But I need to be somewhere."

"How can you need to be somewhere? You've been here a day!" Vicky said. Serenity grinned.

"You'll see!" She said, running off with Trapinch clinging to her head.

"I hate being shut out..." Vicky scowled.

"I feel your pain." Jack said.

"My joke!" Serenity yelled back.

Spire

soiya
John scowled. He had been doing that a lot lately. What with his long and happy relationship ending on a sour note, and him having to leave his entire party of Pokemon, Flygon included, back in Evergrande City. His bright red jacket was replaced with a more subtle dark red coat that was at least 2 sizes too big for him.

John carried a picture of his party around with him all the time, and was thankful he still had it. He took it out of his suitcase packed with clothes and looked at it. There was everyone. The Cable Guy, Arnie, Tank, Herc, Chomp and, of course, Flygon, which he didn't nickname. He felt that it wouldn't fit Flygon, due to the fact he had known Flygon most of its life.

The wind started to howl. John looked around, and decided that it would be in his best interest to get out of the open before it started to rain. He put the picture back into his suitcase, and made a break for the Academy. He arrived there just before raindrops started to spit down. He waited to get his breath back, and knocked on the door.

A couple of minutes later, the door opened...

Status
Not open for further replies.