• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Battle Frontier Team Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renzo16

For some reason i can nver pass rank 6 on battle tower wifi. I have 3 teams that made it that far. I have most pokemon that have come out and most i bred for the the occasion and ev trained the stats i needed. So can you guys help me come up with a good team? I dont have most semi legandaries(latios, latias, and those types, if i do they suck) so please none of those just like the other ones.

Sorry if i dont know much of the terms you guys use but am new

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
We can't make a team for you, but we can rate guys you already have.

Mew_Myuu

Rikudou Sennin
Well you should try coming up with some suggestions first, like foxyman said. You should look up about EVs and IVs if you don't already, you'll need that if you want to do well in BT, and it also helps if you try not to have and pokes with low total stats (you can look up which pokemon have the highest total stats on serebii.net). Ones like Dragonite, T-tar, Metagross etc. have total base 600 stats which is the best you're gonna get in the BT (apart from Slaking) but a lot of them also have x4 weaknesses so you'll want to be careful of that. Good luck team searching.

Danitsku

imo, don't make the team predictable. i'm sick of seeing the obvious metagross, garchomp, etc, just because it's ou. try out a little uu, even a minority of nu. give them movesets that people wouldn't expect. i'm not saying you should stray from ou, but what you should do is use pokees you feel "flexible" and extremely comfortable with. forgive me, i don't think i can word it right. me though, blazikens are something i feel flexible with. my prized blazikens has a max 386 attack stat if i can remember, idk, haven't played my platinum in awhile, focusing on raising a solid team in ss. all from ev/iv with macho brace and received as a torchic in an egg. sure he's slow as hell but he works well, i use him as a wild card. and his defense is sufficient enough and can withstand the sheer annoyingess of the spammed infernape, i like to switch him in when an infernape pulls dig, then i throw in an earthquake. his movepool is earthquake/brave bird/shadow claw/ and blaze kick. like to use him as my all out brute, no stat inducing moves, etc. all this being said, just do things that others aren't expecting, that's my advice. doesn't work fer everybody though. >.>

Renzo16

Well mine team which currently 5 is Electrode 207 speed i use him for rain dance, then if he dies too bad but he also has taunt, thunder and electromagnetic or something like that. Then come kingdra with 158 S.A. and 130 Speed times 1.5 for swift swim. He holds focus sash moves dragon pulse, surf, ice beam, and the last one havent picked yet so i need help with that. My last is Kabutops with life orb. His attack aqua yet, waterfall, stone edge , earthquake. Usually i have trouble with water in the end like suicuine and vaporeon any suggestions?
Electrode holds taht item to make rain longer not sure of name.
What can i do to beat those high defnse water pokemon?

Danitsku

here's the thing. i have alot of respect for you, because it seems like you're using a team you want, because you like, not just because it's common in the bf. but you should do something about that raindance on your electrode. seeing as how you say you're having problems with those strong water types, you're kinda giving your opponent the upper hand by making their water types stronger with your own raindance. in competitive, sometimes it's just better to hit upfront rather than setting rain, and it's also recommended to use something that can come back to haunt your opponent later, (stealth rock, leach seed, being prime examples.)

here:
electrode
-rain dance (replace this with explosion, if your about to faint, it'd be better off done at your own hands, and get some very heavy damage in.)
-taunt(something else i find useless, don't ask me why, but if i would throw something in like a dragon dance with my kingdra, i just never had the time to use that power up to my advantage, find, replace this with a non-electric type move, for diversity .)
-electromagnetic? (dont think i've ever heard this, then again, i've never raised an electrode. i would replace this with tm toxic.)
-thunder (this i suggest you keep, though i know that it was a combination with raindance, chances are, your electrodes gonna faint before you can pull that strategy off. i would use this as an if-all-else fails strategy, or just replace it with an electric move more likely to hit.)

kingdra
this one's a toughy, it has quite a few weaknesses due to its type combination, at first it may seem like a "convenient" or "cool" type, but believe me, it has quite the problem in competitive battling. i should know. xD i have one. hardly can he pull anything out of his own arsenal. if you're gonna keep him, i'm not stopping you, but if i may make suggestive replacements on either of his/her typings. for its dragon typing:flygon, he can be prettyuseful, just gotta use him right. poliwrath, he has a pretty nasty poison jab, and many other useful things in his movepool. im not sayin you should get rid of your kingdra, but those are just suggestions, i like to prove peoplewrong when they say garchomp>flygon. my flygon wins against those things half the time.

kabutops :]
i like this, get rid of waterfall, as its just a waste of space, if it can learn stealth rock, that's a suitable replacement right there. stealth rock, stealth rock, stealth rock.

Renzo16

Yeah, the only reason i used rain dance though was because of Kingdra and Kabutops ability swift swim. If electrode doesnt use rain dance my other ones are useless lol. Every time someones take down electrode before he uses rain dance am as good as dead.
Yeah i just dont like playing with the other pokemon like metagross, garchomp, and those types. I have them and they're strong but its boring you know. It's more fun when you make something no one else uses.

I stopped using that team and now i am using Swellow with 192 Speed and 131 Attack. But i am not sure how to team him up. I know i need a fire type. I was thinking Charizard maybe with his high speed and S.A. and maybe a vaporeon with high def. and hp.
I would put life orb on charizard and have vaporeon with leftovers.
I would start off with protect on swellow for flame orb to take effect and use u-turn if its a strong pokemon or one that most time uses focus sash. The trade in for one of the 2. but i realized that would leave me defenseless against a joltean any suggestion that i could switch vaporeon to? maybe a Gastrodon?

Renzo16

Yeah, the only reason i used rain dance though was because of Kingdra and Kabutops ability swift swim. If electrode doesnt use rain dance my other ones are useless lol. Every time someones take down electrode before he uses rain dance am as good as dead.
Yeah i just dont like playing with the other pokemon like metagross, garchomp, and those types. I have them and they're strong but its boring you know. It's more fun when you make something no one else uses.

I stopped using that team and now i am using Swellow with 192 Speed and 131 Attack. But i am not sure how to team him up. I know i need a fire type. I was thinking Charizard maybe with his high speed and S.A. and maybe a vaporeon with high def. and hp.
I would put life orb on charizard and have vaporeon with leftovers.
I would start off with protect on swellow for flame orb to take effect and use u-turn if its a strong pokemon or one that most time uses focus sash. The trade in for one of the 2. but i realized that would leave me defenseless against a joltean any suggestion that i could switch vaporeon to? maybe a Gastrodon?

Danitsku

^^ i think you're fine man. just use whatever you're comfortable with. :)

Caricature.

[Shuffle King]
here's the thing. i have alot of respect for you, because it seems like you're using a team you want, because you like, not just because it's common in the bf. but you should do something about that raindance on your electrode. seeing as how you say you're having problems with those strong water types, you're kinda giving your opponent the upper hand by making their water types stronger with your own raindance. in competitive, sometimes it's just better to hit upfront rather than setting rain, and it's also recommended to use something that can come back to haunt your opponent later, (stealth rock, leach seed, being prime examples.)

here:
electrode
-rain dance (replace this with explosion, if your about to faint, it'd be better off done at your own hands, and get some very heavy damage in.)
-taunt(something else i find useless, don't ask me why, but if i would throw something in like a dragon dance with my kingdra, i just never had the time to use that power up to my advantage, find, replace this with a non-electric type move, for diversity .)
-electromagnetic? (dont think i've ever heard this, then again, i've never raised an electrode. i would replace this with tm toxic.)
-thunder (this i suggest you keep, though i know that it was a combination with raindance, chances are, your electrodes gonna faint before you can pull that strategy off. i would use this as an if-all-else fails strategy, or just replace it with an electric move more likely to hit.)

kingdra
this one's a toughy, it has quite a few weaknesses due to its type combination, at first it may seem like a "convenient" or "cool" type, but believe me, it has quite the problem in competitive battling. i should know. xD i have one. hardly can he pull anything out of his own arsenal. if you're gonna keep him, i'm not stopping you, but if i may make suggestive replacements on either of his/her typings. for its dragon typing:flygon, he can be prettyuseful, just gotta use him right. poliwrath, he has a pretty nasty poison jab, and many other useful things in his movepool. im not sayin you should get rid of your kingdra, but those are just suggestions, i like to prove peoplewrong when they say garchomp>flygon. my flygon wins against those things half the time.

kabutops :]
i like this, get rid of waterfall, as its just a waste of space, if it can learn stealth rock, that's a suitable replacement right there. stealth rock, stealth rock, stealth rock.

Are you serious? Do you have any clue at all about what you're saying? I'll give him some proper advice.

So you picked a rain dance team. That's fine, can work for you, sometimes not. I'm not gonna suggest a completely new team for you, just gonna help you with your current team and tactics.

Electrode is fine. Electromagnetic or whatever should definitely be explosion. Have him hold a Damp Rock to prolong rain effects, or a Focus Sash if you feel its a bit too risky. Actually cut that, Damp Rock definitely. Oh, and EVs in Speed and Attack.

Kingdra is good.
"it has quite a few weaknesses due to its type combination".
Kingdra has the least amount of weaknesses out of all the dragons. One. It is seen quite often in OU and isn't a problem in competitive battling at all. No, you don't know. He becomes a beast when under rain. Moves should be Waterfall (not a waste of space), Outrage, Dragon Dance and either Draco Meteor or Hidden Power Electric. Substitute is also decent. He should definitely have a Life Orb, there isn't much point in using a Focus Sash.

Kabutops is great as well. His moveset should be Waterfall or Aqua Tail (depends if you prefer accuracy or power), Stone Edge, Superpower and Swords Dance. Aqua jet is nice but isn't totally necessary with Swift Swim usually ensuring the first attack. Stealth Rock? Hah, whatever. A Choice Band would be sweet on him.

That's my suggestion for a strong, fast hitting Rain Dance team. You shouldn't have much trouble with water types now, so good luck with your Battle Tower run.

Status
Not open for further replies.