• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Battle Island Finale!

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
Right. Edit'd Nurse Joy to make her less of a moody drinker-type and instead just stressed and snippy. I expected there to be potential problems with that portrayal of a Nurse Joy anyway.

Also, yes, those characters are definitely open for anybody to use, so long as they stay in-character, of course. If you need space-fillers for people still in the tournament, I've left that ambiguous, too.

Teebird

Jay- Yes I did, but I actually based the appearance on the sprite since I had been fooling around with spriting. I'm not too good making custom trainer sprites though, hehe.

Jay star

Coordinator Lover
Manaphy Mare - Im sorry but no legendary pokemon on anyones team.

Lufiji - Yes you can deffinately have a Grovyle and the sign ups are deffinately still open for now.

Silver_Seoul

Question, since my PM wasn't answered; For the RPG, can it be an excerpt post from another RP or would you like on to be made up on the spot? Because that's the only thing left for me to work on.

Stabberz

The RPG Godfather
...hmm, been awhile since I've been on the RP scene, and I'm not missing the remake of an RP I was part of back in 2009. So can I reserve a spot?

EDIT: I've finished my sign up, here you go. I hope it's alright, I deviated slightly from the SU sheet. I've finished the Pokémon and their moves, I hope it's alright and I've understood the move limit thing.

Name: Ven Ephah.

Hometown: Silver Town, Johto.

-Appearance-

Eye Colour: Black eyes that are observant yet show no caring.

Hair: Like his eyes, Ven’s hair is jet black in colour. Despite the frays and battles he gets into his hair always remains the same; straight and covering one of his eyes. It frames his face and covers his right eye, leaving only his left available for others to see. Due to its almost perfect straightness, it covers his ears and comes down to the back of his neck in length.

Height: Five foot ten.

Clothing: Ven’s outfit consists of black clothing. A tight long sleeved, black hooded jacket with a silver zip hugs his torso and hides from sight his black long sleeved top. On his lower half he wears a pair of charcoal black jeans that are baggy and the bottoms of which hang low around his ankles; covering the top half of his black and white sneakers.

Accessories: The only things that Ven has been known to have are two things; his black IPod and his 2008 black motorised scooter.

-Additional Info-

Personality: Ven is a pretty cold hearted person at first glance. He will never instigate a conversation and he rarely ever is actually seen smiling or showing any emotion. He acts indifferent to most things and when speaking will speak monotonously. Until you crack his shell, those few people who have managed to crack his shell learn that he is actually a person who enjoys a good joke at times and will at times even crack one or two of his own.

With his friends and family, Ven is protective. If anyone or anything harms them or causes them pain in anyway, his indifference will become enveloped by a cold fury. Once he is in this mood he will stop at nothing to get back at those who’ve hurt his loved ones. He almost killed someone once when they insulted his dead friend; a touchy subject. He is so protective that when it comes to Sean he has immediate disapproval of any and all guys who show interest in her.

Another thing about Ven is that he’s mature for his age, he has his priority’s set and will be calm throughout most things. Sometimes even putting adults to shame. He puts his all into a battle and doesn’t give up until it’s over.

Dislikes: Psychic-types, Contests, Hot Weather and Cold Weather.

History: The first ten years of Ven’s existence were pretty average really; he was raised by a mother and father as an only child up to the age of five and from there he went to the Silver Town Trainer’s school. He was a promising student and was rated at around second in his class. Well above most of his few friends. These three or four people were all older than him in terms of months and all left on their journeys earlier than him. When it came to Ven’s tenth birthday he was given a Bellsprout by the Sage’s of Silver Town and was told to head onto the grass beneath Mount Silver and capture a Pokémon.

Ven choose to head into Mount Silver however, ignoring any and all warnings of dangerous Pokémon. He’d scarcely been in there for an hour when he ran into trouble; upon seeing a Larvitar he attacked it with Bellsprout hoping to capture it. The Pokémon must have been young like Ven himself and in fear it cried out. A Tyranitar arrived on the scene and knocked out Bellsprout before turning on Ven.

This time it was Ven’s turn to cry out in fear and he began to run from the Pseudo-Legendary. Luckily he was saved by a Lavender Haired trainer who had a Raikou. She introduced herself as Anabel of the Battle Frontier and managed to calm Tyranitar down as well as talk to both Tyranitar and Larvitar about the possibility of Larvitar becoming Ven’s very first Pokémon.

Realising the possibility of becoming strong with Ven, Larvitar said it wanted to go and Tyranitar gave its blessing.

After this event, Ven set off on his journey with one goal. He wanted to become as strong as Anabel. His journey took him through most Johto first and along the way he met up with his best friend and together they challenged the Johto League Circuit. Along the way Ven caught a Charmander, Sneasel, Poliwag, Sableye and Natu. By the time the league rolled around, Ven’s team consisted of: Larvitar, Charmander, Weavile, Poliwhirl, Sableye and Xatu.

He made it into the last thirty two of the tournament but was then drawn against his friend who made it past Ven and even made it to the final.

Tragedy struck though and in a climactic battle between his friend’s Feraligatr and the opponents Dragonite a stray Hyper Beam crashed into his friend killing him where he stood.

The loss hit Ven hard for the first month or so and he even returned home briefly. Instead of grief, all Ven felt was anger. Anger at the world, at Dragonite at his friend and at himself; if he had of been strong enough it would have been him and not his friend who had died.

After three months of moping and doing nothing. He finally resolved to go and challenge the Sinnoh Battle Frontier and become strong. During his time in Sinnoh he caught Pokémon and beat the brains always doing his best to get stronger he ignored things like friends and instead only concentrated on battling. That was when he met Sean.

She was so alike his friend and somehow she cracked the shell that he put up. Events came and went and Ven found himself travelling with her as she took on the Sinnoh League and he became Champion of the Battle Frontier in Sinnoh. At this point his team consisted of; Pupitar, Luxio, Drapion, Politoed, Xatu and Charmander.

The next place the two decided to take on was the Hoenn Region. During this time they both took place in Gym Battles and a new Tag-Team circuit that had opened up. They found that as a team they excelled at battling and they took the circuit by storm. They managed to come second in the end of year Tag Tournament and Ven even made it to the Top Eight of the Hoenn League. His team at the end of this consisted of; Crawdaunt, Luxray, Pupitar, Absol, Drapion and Exploud.

After their exploits in Hoenn, Ven and Sean made their way to Kanto. Immediately they signed up for the Tag Tournament and Kanto League and progressed through the region. Along the way the met the likes of Champion Lance and even had another run in with Anabel.

By the time they were done with Kanto they had won the Tag-Team Circuit and Ven even made his way into Third Place, beating out a trainer by the name of Max Maple in the third place play off.

Ven and Sean were split apart though, Sean had found herself a suitor and Ven’s protectiveness shone through and he ended up getting into a fist fight with the man. After Sean forced the two apart, a violent argument between Ven and Sean ensure and it ended with Ven leaving on his Scooter. Since then, neither of them have spoken or talked to each other and Ven has been driving around wondering what to do.

-Pokémon-

Sabakumono: Larvitar-Pupitar-Tyranitar: Male: Sandstorm.
Personality and History: Sabakumono was Ven’s first Pokémon and since being obtained the two have been firm friends. The Rock and Ground-type Pokémon has always been one of Ven’s powerhouses, despite being timid as a young Larvitar it has gone through many changes in personality. Going from timid to calm and then over protective and proud. The Pokémon with always respond to the challenge of an opponent is also extremely protective of Ven, Sean and Ven’s Charmander.
Moves:Dark Pulse, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Ice Fang, Fire Fang and Thunder Fang.

Arashyuu: Vibrava: Male: Levitate.
Personality and History: Arashyuu was the first Pokémon captured by Ven on the island and it still hasn't battled; despite the fact it makes multiple appearances out of battle and in unofficial battles. It is an unproven powerhouse of sorts, despite the way it acts. The Vibration Pokémon is forever joking and messing around, he never takes anything seriously and this is something that annoys Ven to no end. Despite its joker like status in Ven's group of Pokémon, once it gets serious, Arashyuu and Ven are in perfect sync. This is down to their similar personalties as they are both over protective of those that they care for.
Moves: Sonic Boom, Faint Attack, Sand Tomb, Dragon Pulse and Heat Wave.

Suiryomeijin: Squirtle: Male: Torrent.
Personality and History: Suiryomeijin is Ven's latest capture and like Arashyuu hasn't been in an official battle yet. He did however battle against the Shadow along with Ven's other Pokémon and was overwhelmed in his entirety. Suiryomeijin fits the role of friendly Pokémon in Ven's team.Suiryomeijin is a big softy outside of battle. He is normally seen looking after or talking to younger Pokémon, or sleeping. It is only when in battle that Suiryomeijin lets his anger loose on the opponents.
Moves: Water Pulse, Rapid Spin, Protect, Iron Defence and Ice Beam.

-Trainer info-

Type of Trainer: Frontier Brain in training.

Years as a trainer: 5.

Accomplishments: Champion of the Sinnoh Battle Frontier, Top 32 in the Johto League, Top 8 in the Hoenn League and 3rd place in the Kanto League.

Goals: Ven’s goal is to become a Frontier Brain. Having already beaten Sinnoh’s Battle Frontier, he still refuses to accept Scott’s offer and wants’ to beat every Battle Frontier in existence as well as win a Pokémon League circuit so he knows he is strong enough.

Other: Ven is yet to catch another Pokémon on the island as he doesn't deem any of those he's seen so far to be strong enough.

Last edited:

treespyro

Vintage much?
How many spots are left and if possible and there are can I reserve please?

Silver_Seoul

Alright, here goes. ^^

Name: Alexander Nicolas Sparks
Description: Alexander boasts an average height, just halfway between five and six feet. His thin build accounts for never working out, often not having the muscle strength or endurance that most boys at his age have. His long, brown hair contrasts his shady gray eyes. Usually, his hair is a mess that he doesn't bother to tame as it falls over his eyes and obscures his vision for the most part. Whenever he applies the neon green highlights, however, he keeps it straight so that the streaks stand out better. He has a piercing on his left nostril that hosts an emerald-colored nose ring.

His usual attire is basically formulaic. A white or gray short sleeved undershirt with a dark black vest on top. The vest has pockets that can hold all his Pokeballs and his PokeDex, basic tools for his quest. If it's a cold day, he'll replace the vest with a gray hoodie that sports a few green decorations that appear as claw marks that have scratched into his outfit. His light gray jeans are faded, almost bleached, and host rips in the top left, lower right and the right shin. A single pocket is placed in the front right, usually only held to keep notes or other trash. The pocket is so tightly-fitting that it couldn't hold anything. His shoes are high-topped, gray sneakers with neon laces that are more often than not tucked in as opposed to being tied.

Personality: Alex is an overly hyperactive boy, constantly on the move. He's extremly impatient and impartial to other people's feelings, but he doesn't like to express his own opinions. He can be rather arrogant at times, coming off a bit smug in any case where it's needed. He gets jealous of others easily, but, again, doesn't express it. If it's ever just him and his Pokemon, though, he's usually pretty open and compassionate.

Contrary to his appearance, Alex is actually a well-behaved citizen. He's not a rebellious, defiant adolescent the way his attire would suggest. In fact, his apparel is mostly styled around distracting his opponents in a Pokemon battle. Occasionally he does resort to "bending of the rules" if a match is in his opponent's favor but he doesn't make a habit of it, possessing plenty of self-control.

History: Alex was born in Goldenrod City of the Johto Region. His parents were constantly busy with work and around the time he was six, they noticed he was lonely without them around. They planned a vacation and a few months later took a trip to the Hoenn region, to celebrate Alex's seventh birthday. As a gift, his mom got a specially trained Mudkip from her good friend Professor Birch and after spending some days with it, Alex decided he wanted to be a trainer. After careful consideration, his parents enrolled him in a Pokemon Academy in Hoenn and he was sent to live with his uncle. They promised to visit as often as they could and he began his semester the following summer.

A few years later, Alex graduated with High Honors from the academy and decided to take on the Hoenn League. It took him nearly a year, but by the time he was thirteen, he qualified for the League. His parents made a visit to watch him participate but he lost and placed in the Top 16. He was happy with his position, though, and decided to challenge Johto. He gained about five badges before having to return home, his mother falling sick to a heart attack. He stayed home until she was dismissed from the Hospital and by the time he was sure she was healed, a letter arrived, inviting him to participate in the Battle Island Challenge. Talking it out with his parents, he accepted and began the trip.

POKEMON

The Pokemon you brought to the island...
Species: Electrike
Nickname: Rai
Personality: Rai is an extremly hyper and arrogant Pokemon and usually can't stop moving whenever it is let out of its Pokeball. Occasionally it will chase its tail and, on odd occasions, others' tails. It has a passion for battling and is often a sore-loser, refusing to listen to Alex if it loses a battle. Rai is his most used Pokemon because of its speed but in the event he won't listen, he'll have to sit out of some battles. The two often have conflicts but deep down they're really close buddies.
Moves: Thunder Fang, Quick Attack, Thunder Wave, Flamethrower (TM), Swift (Tutor)

The Pokemon you caught on the island...
Species: Wingull
Nickname: Cam
Personality: Cam is a very independent Pokemon, often launching attacks without command. She scares easily, though, and acts aggresive towards strangers. During battles, Cam will listen to Alex but only if the battle is in her favor. Most times she'll play alone when Alex wants to train with his Pokemon. Cam is usually used for aerial battles or when Alex needs both an attacker and a dodger. Occasionally she lets herself out of her Pokeball.
Moves: Water Pulse, Wing Attack, Supersonic, Air Cutter (Tutor), Ice Beam (TM)

Species: Aron
Nickname: Aro
Personality: Aro is a very oblivious Pokemon, not very aware of its surroundings most times. He's the only of Alex's Pokemon that are on-hand that will obey him completely, but Aro is extremely slow, both mind and body. It takes him a while to process a command and once he does, it takes even longer to execute it, but he's a playful Pokemon and once he does attack, the effects are tremendous. His attacking strength is so powerful that Alex often pits him against the largest of opponents, if only for that power.
Moves: Iron Head, Iron Defense, Metal Claw, Dig (TM), Superpower (Egg Move)

RPG Sample

Alright, I wasn't sure if you wanted a post from any other RPG or a made-up one. I have prepared for both. :p

From the RPG "Quista, Cry of The Guardian," Originally by Neo Pikachu.

We soon arrived in the small town, and it was indeed as small as she had made it out be. But any civilization, under the circumstances, was appreciated. While the small village was rather minuscule, it was bustling with lively activity. Merchant shops were crowded as both civilians and tourists observed products for sale. Pokémon and people set a happy mood along the path, their joyous atmosphere radiant amongst others. There were even a few battles here and there.

What caught my eye, though, was the Pokémon Gym. There was a Gym in my hometown, run by a girl named Jasmine who worked with Steel Pokémon. I had never actually witnessed a Gym Battle, though. I wasn't the traveling type, either, so it wasn't likely that you'd find me challenging Gyms. Besides, even if some miracle happened that let me collect the eight badges of Johto and qualify for the League, I doubted I would enter anyway. Most of the competitors in the tournament were stuck-up, cocky snobs who needed reality checks anyway.

I chuckled as a young boy ran past me, giggling merrily with a Jolteon at his side. It was nice to see the world was still normal despite my life no longer being average. I could never have an ordinary, bland life again. The risks were too high. My name was planted everywhere on Wanted Lists, and I was sure that if I didn't don a disguise soon, someone would be bound to rescue me. Luckily, we seemed to be of high priority among any investigators, according to official sources. That ruled out any chance of small-town cops bearing any real threat against me.

Still, I wanted the best for my team. They had stuck with me through thick and thin, and I didn't want them to end up being confiscated and released or some event along the lines of that. Dizzy, the ever-playful Pokémon that you couldn't help but feel happy around. Flare, and her friendship with my partner Pokémon, despite her shyness, made her a sweet addition to my comrades. Zap, my Electabuzz, and his rivalry with Scizor was often interesting, as they both pushed the other to their limit. Each Pokémon brought out the best in each other. Shade, only recently evolved into his Umbreon form, was too alone in this world to be released. And Sol was just a hyper-ball of energy, impossible to hate.

I was thinking too much. I needed something to take my mind off of...well, to occupy my mind. Well, as they say, be careful what you wish for. At that moment, a cop jumped out from behind a nearby building.

"Freeze!" He yelled. My arms shot up in immediate response. "Move one more muscle and I'll have my Arcanine skin you alive." I gulped as the policeman's footsteps could be heard approaching closer. Dizzy looked puzzled as I surrendered so easily, without putting up any resilience at all. I figured I could get it off easier that way.

Turned out, though, the cop wasn't after me. He started chasing down some Pokémon thief, who had apparently stolen a resident's Shuckle. I took a deep breath and sighed, feeling grateful for making it out of that situation alive. Yet again, however, my luck ran out. As they say, out of the frying pan, into the fire.

"Hey, kid!" A voice bellowed from behind, and I felt a hand grip my shoulder. "Is that Poliwhirl yours?" I turned to get a look at who this was, and, to my surprise, it was Chuck. Chuck was the leader of the Gym here in Cianwood, and he was a specialist in Fighting Types. I rubbed my eyes; his stature was so...intimidating. He stood over six feet tall, and he looked strong enough to lift a small house. Maybe even a large boulder. Another aspect I noticed was the Poliwrath at his side.

"Y-yes...sir." I answered his question, looking down in hopes that he wouldn't recognize my face. Boy did I hope these islanders didn't get TV Transmissions or Radio Broadcasts. "What about that Poliwrath? Isn't that an evolved Poliwhirl?" I changed the subject, turning it back onto his side.

Skeith

(◕‿‿◕)
Hey ya, just letting you know that I've finished my sign up and added new fun features such as theme songs lol. Anyway since I'm posting I might as well ask some questions.

Right first I just want to clarify the no multiples rule. Say I want a Vaporeon and want to catch it as an Eevee and you still have yours Jay would I be allowed to have an Eevee at the same time as you or would that not be acceptable? How about with say Castform or Rotom would I be stuck to one of there formes or would I still be able to alternate if someone else caught one?

Edit: Actually Stabbers raises a good point, is there a limit on the number of pokemon we can reserve at one time?
Edit2: Actually if people are calling reserves already then I'm going to request Absol

I also have some Shadow related questions, namely how aware of it are we (have we only just battled it) and is it still as blood thirsty as last time. I have a few more but I'd rather pm them to you as they may be spoilerly.

Oh and is the trainer card gimmick of the last few going to show up again? :3

Last edited:

Stabberz

The RPG Godfather
Hmm, if I am accepted. Due to the Pokémon rule thing, my planned Team was.

Tyranitar.
Abomasnow
Blastoise.
Flygon
Dusclops
Magmortar

If this is too strong and/or interferes with other people's teams then I'm open to talk.

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
It's sad to see you go, Skill. You're a skilled RPer, but I know that life has its own issues that keep us from this stuff. Hope to see ya around.

I'm going to head you off before Jay can get to you, Stabberz: None of your moves except for Dark Pulse fit under Jay's description of acceptable level-up moves. That means that you have five tutor/egg/TM moves there when you're only allowed two. Also, if you want to reserve those teammates, you have space in your sign-up to save up to three of those.

Anyway, I'm with Skeith on thinking that there needs to be a reservation restriction. I'm all for being allowed to reserve one Pokémon at a time. For example, I've already got my team saved for Kyle's use, and nobody else can have those Pokémon on their team. Now I could claim Haunter (which I probably will), keeping anybody else from using that evolutionary family. However, until I capture that Haunter, I'm not allowed claim any more Pokémon for my team; if somebody else wants the Cranidos that I want to catch later, they're free to reserve it. That should keep things fair, methinks. Just a suggestion, though - this isn't my RP.

Finally, and very much related to this post, I think that we might need a thread in the Café for discussion. This thread is getting a bit cluttered with chatter....

Last edited:

Double-oh-Platypus

Anyway, I'm with Skeith on thinking that there needs to be a reservation restriction. I'm all for being allowed to reserve one Pokémon at a time. For example, I've already got my team saved for Kyle's use, and nobody else can have those Pokémon on their team. Now I could claim Haunter (which I probably will), keeping anybody else from using that evolutionary family. However, until I capture that Haunter, I'm not allowed claim any more Pokémon for my team; if somebody else wants the Cranidos that I want to catch later, they're free to reserve it. That should keep things fair, methinks. Just a suggestion, though - this isn't my RP.

Finally, and very much related to this post, I think that we might need a thread in the Café for discussion. This thread is getting a bit cluttered with chatter....

I agree with the Discussion thing because I think it would be a good place to make reserves too.

Anyway, I was thinking of reserving a Swablu but because there are flying types in abundance and not so many fire-types, I'm thinking of reserving a Vulpix instead. That leaves the Swablu up for grabs, but I do have my eye on it.

In case the meaning wasn't clear: I'd like to reserve Vulpix. :p

Hyuu

Under the sea
Yo Jay Star! Mind if I ask for a reserve? I have a slight revision for an old character planned and I'm hoping my sign-up will be ready by Thursday.

And, though this is more a plea to the other RPers than a request to Jay Star, I'm looking for the rights to Machop and Zubat? I have aged ideas that I've always liked worth revitalizing here.

Silver_Seoul

General question for everybody...

Most of you guys that are signing up seem to have been in the previous version of this RPG from.. whenever it was. I'm just curious; do I need any knowledge outside of what was given in the first post that you all might know of? I feel like I'm completely new to this RPG unlike the majority of you. >.>

Stabberz

The RPG Godfather

Most of you guys that are signing up seem to have been in the previous version of this RPG from.. whenever it was. I'm just curious; do I need any knowledge outside of what was given in the first post that you all might know of? I feel like I'm completely new to this RPG unlike the majority of you. >.>

Nah you don't. If anyone needs any added information, Jay will notify them.

Skeith

(◕‿‿◕)

Not really, Jay's summed up the basic gist of the plot.

Anyway guy's this is already getting out of hand so I'm going to just make it clear reserves are not official until Jay has confirmed them. Also I'm going to suggest that Jay not start taking them until sign up's are closed because, as Hyuu's suggested, people are still signing up and it would be unfair to deny them a Pokemon because someone else has already called/reserved/bagized it. If you really want a Pokemon feel free to alter your sign up as I don't think that'll be a problem.

Razor Shiftry

Cynthia = Porn Star
Dammit Jay! I'm on holiday and you have to put this up? lol, and damn all these SUs before me stealing the pokes I want.

Anyways, I would like to reserve a place please. Usual thing really, Good ol "Jack Mariner" with his Shiftry if you please =D I'd also like to reserve Houndour and Tentacruel before anyone else nabbs them!

Here's my RPG sample

I'll try and get something up as soon as possible but the hostel i'm staying in has really dodgy internet and plus i'm busy volunteering at Brighton Pride at the moment so this weekend is going to be manic for me. Sorry in Advance!