• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Battle Island Finale!

Skillfulness

Wow this is old stuff. It was kinda cool to go back and look at it all though. Anyway, here it is!

TRAINER

Name: Kim Staar

Description: Kim is on the small side. She’s a bit shorter than most at five feet five inches. She is thin and fit. She has a great metabolism that keeps her skinny even though she eats as much as a Munchlax. Kim also works out with her Pokemon, so she’s got a bit of muscles too. As for her complexion, she’s always got a decent tan. It’s the perfect shade from being outside whenever possible. Her eyes are a gorgeous blue that remind people of the sea. Her eyelashes are slight but a bold black. The color of her hair is dark golden blonde with naturally highlighted bangs. There are two layers of hair. The bottom layer is short as her chin, but it flips out away from her face. The top layer slightly shorter and it curves in as if hugging her face and lies on top of the rest of her hair. Her bangs are very short at eyebrow level.

Kim will wear whatever feels comfortable. That would be depending on the circumstance. In the winter it’ll be sweaters and jeans while in the summer she converts to shorts and the frequent tank-top. Still, there is one outfit that she wears all the time; its two layers of clothing on top and jeans for the bottom. The jeans are the perfect fit and color, a darker shade of blue. Up top she sports a brown tee-shirt with swirly, leafy designs in a lighter shade of brown. Over that she puts on a jacket, also short-sleeved, with a pocket on each side of her chest. At the middle of the pocket, where it opens and closes, it changes color. From bottom up, it’s white and from top down, it’s forest green, meeting together at the pockets. She hardly accessorizes, but to carry her supplies such as medicine and berries, Kim carries a brown messenger bag, usually hanging from her right side on her left shoulder. As a final note, she has some special clips that fit on her jeans’ belt loops to hole all her Pokeballs. They come in handy when one needs to reach their Pokemon quickly.

Personality: Kim is a huge variety of characters. She is energetic, adventurous, rash, friendly, sly, clever, foolish, dramatic, and witty. In a nut-shell, she's a bit complex. Kim has the heart of an adventurer. She is resourceful in everything she does. She doesn't waste time, but always leaves some to loaf around. When she's in trouble (which is very often), her inventiveness is not the only thing keeping her afloat. She's very clever in ways of acting and word play. Anything to get her out of hot water will do. She has a great sense of leadership which includes fairness, honor, and self-respect. She holds herself high, but only acting proud at times. On many occasions, she sees the fault in her rash behavior and does her best not beat herself up. Still, she remains brave and true to her friends. Her friends are very close to her, but few in number. Kim makes a pure friend, but, she often pulls them into trouble. Her actions also affect how she feels. She doesn't try to hide herself, but hides enough not to be abused. Like many guys, she is careless on occasion and impulsive on every occasion. This also partly adds to her love of being in the spotlight. She has great humor, sometimes too much for her more serious friends, but is loyal enough to be forgiven. So she has many traits of guys, but one difference is she has respect (not that guys don't). She knows how much respect someone deserves and knows if she should show that much. So if she's ticked off at someone like the president, she won't show it. This makes her the clever, resourceful, sly, rash, loyal, friendly, adventurous, witty, dramatic, energetic person she is.

History: Kim was the daughter of a stay-at-home mom and father who worked with Professor Elm. They lived in Azalea Town where her father spent much of his time researching the Ruins of Alph. Kim grew up in ahealthy atmosphere for the most part, until she was about eight. For her parent’s anniversary, her parents had a picnic at the Ruins of Alph. When they didn’t return that night, one of her father’s coworkers went home to watch Kim and explain to her what happened. Her parents were together in a deeper part of the ruins when they disappeared without a trace. Kim was shocked and frightened. Not knowing what to do, she ran away that same day.At nine years old, Kim was wandering the region of Johto. She traveled as often as she could and only stopped to get food and sleep. She was lost. About the time she was nearing the age of ten, Kim stumbled upon New Bark Town. By this time, she was a roughed up girl who had seen more of the world than she should have (?). But, she knew this was the Professor lived and she was hoping he would be the closest thing to family she had left.

He was. Professor Elm connected well with Kim’s confusion and despair. He had worked with her father, hadn’t he? So, to help give Kim purpose and distract her from her slightly broken past, he gave her a Pokemon and suggested becoming a Pokemon Trainer. To Kim, the idea sounded so appealing that she left for the first Gym in Johto immediately. For two years, Kim trained in Johto and it earned her four badges. But, she wasn’t satisfied. At age twelve, Professor Elm gave her a call and told her about the region of Hoenn with many new Pokemon. Kim got excited again and traveled there. For another two years, she trained and got Gym Badges, this time five. By now, she was fairly experienced, but it couldn’t distract her from her parents’ disappearance. Through all those years, she still could not stop thinking about them. So, recently, Kim has been researching myths, legends, and science for an answer to her parents’ fate. She still keeps up with training, and once she heard about the Battle Island, the trainer inside her was brought back to life. Kim postponed her research to have a bit of fun on Pokemon Battle Island.

POKEMON

The pokemon you brought to the island

Species: Growlithe
Nickname: Sear

Personality: Sear is very independent and similar to her trainer Kim. She’s just as impulsive, sly, and adventurous. But, she’s also a tad stuck up. She wants to be in charge of her own life and she’ll never give up. When things go wrong, Sear is one to complain, but she’ll take any opportunity to make things right again. She likes to tease others and has a tomboy vibe which might fend off new friends. Her family understands that Sear is only just being Sear.

Moves: Ember, Helping Hand Flame Wheel, Fire Fang, Take Down, and Flamethrower.
Other:----

The pokemon you caught on the island

Species: Scyther
Nickname: Ace

Personality: Ace is a noble knight. He is loyal, trustworthy, and chivalrous. He feels devoted to Kim and will stand by her no matter what. As knightly as he is, there is a stealthy side of Ace that helps him protect his family through mischievous means. He is sort of mysterious to others, but Kim and her Pokemon can always get him to loosen up.

Moves: Pursuit, Fury Cutter, Slash, and Double Team (TM 32)
Other: Ace is a shiny Scyther, making his joints a blood red along with the edges of his wings. While Kim thought this was cool, she wanted to add her own touch. She bought him a red scarf to wear around his neck and the only time he takes it off is when he sleeps or battles.

Species: Minun
Nickname: Beaches

Personality: Beaches is a trouble maker. He starts the avalanche that gets everyone in deep trouble. Typing plainly, Beaches is rude and all around obnoxious. He teases others and plays practical jokes, even when he’s not trying to, others find him irritating. Still, he’s so lovable. Sure he’s a pain in the butt, but he has his tender moments and isn’t always annoying. One odd thing about him is his attraction to the sea. He loves the water and when he’s near it, he’s much calmer.

Moves: Swift, Quick Attack, Spark, Thunder Wave, and Thunderbolt (TM24)
Other: Beaches gets his nickname from being caught on the beach, but also, the color of his fur is similar to sand. While his ears remain the same blue, his peach fur is closer to his shiny relative, making him look tanned.

RPG Sample:
~ Jolt the Minun: Trainer- Kris ~
Kris' Room

The rest of the night was a blur. After the show, Kris and Alli went to their respective rooms and everyone went to sleep. Jolt remembered having some bizarre dreams. He was on a ship during a storm, standing in the middle by the main mast. Mira stood in the crow’s nest, looking down at him and smiling. All around him, Kris and his Pokemon were running about making sure the ship didn’t get lost in the storm. Jolt felt very stressed and he began breathing heavily. Suddenly, he was pulled from his dream as he was released from his Pokeball.

“Rise and shine!” Kris said cheerily. Jolt grumbled something and jumped onto the bed, waiting for breakfast. Kris opened a few cans for them and placed the food at the end of the bed. He sat at the desk with a book. Jolt munched on his Pokechow and looked at him. Kris was young and energetic. He was determined, and a bit hot headed. He was similar to Mira in many ways. Jolt stopped eating, feeling very confused. He got back on the bed and waited.

After everyone was done eating, they met with Alli and her Pokemon in the lobby. Kris and Alli ate their breakfast and then they all went out back to practice. The Pokemon Center had many fenced in fields for trainers to hone their Pokemons skills. Alli took one for Cricket to practice for the Appeal Round of their Contest tomorrow. She asked Kris if he could help Evgeni train for the Battle Round using Sepra and Jolt.

“Come on guys, let’s see what Evgeni can do!” Kris led them to another field. Hmm… Good chance to get to know these guys a bit. Though I really doubt I’ll enjoy the way Kris trains. Mira’s technique is very unique and effective, but completely out of the ordinary. Oh STOP IT! Get your mind off of Mira and onto the battle at hand. Jolt huffed and focused on his opponent, eager to get some action.

“Mi mi…” ((He’s staring at you.)) Jolt whispered to Sepra. He had noticed the two of them talked about Cricket and something happened between them, but he wasn’t sure what it was. Maybe Evgeni liked Cricket too? Naw, can’t be that… But Jolt didn’t have time to think about it as Kris gave his first command.

Skillfulness

Terribly sorry to double post, but I've got the Internal Server Error and it's really bugging me!!! There's some italics that I missed in the RPG Sample and I don't want Growlithe to know Helping Hand. I think that's it. Again, sorry to double post, but GRRR!!! It was bothering me.

Skeith

(◕‿‿◕)
Terribly sorry to double post, but I've got the Internal Server Error and it's really bugging me!!! There's some italics that I missed in the RPG Sample and I don't want Growlithe to know Helping Hand. I think that's it. Again, sorry to double post, but GRRR!!! It was bothering me.

Give it time. Come back to it tomorrow. Failing that try editing once word at a time as that was the only way i was making head way with the edits last night.

Anyway Accepted.

Jay star

Coordinator Lover

SPBro

Insert Title Here.
So, since there are 16 people, does that mean sign ups are closed, Cause you said half of the 32 competeors are NPC's, or can we still sign up?

Wait, nevermind, I read more of the post. But my question still stands, can we still join as something else other then a competeor, or is there no way in hell.
Just wondering, cause this seems like a intresting RP to join, so I was planning to may or maynot join.

Last edited:

Skeith

(◕‿‿◕)
So, since there are 16 people, does that mean sign ups are closed, Cause you said half of the 32 competeors are NPC's, or can we still sign up?

Wait, nevermind, I read more of the post. But my question still stands, can we still join as something else other then a competeor, or is there no way in hell.
Just wondering, cause this seems like a intresting RP to join, so I was planning to may or maynot join.

I'm not too sure what the situation is but ask Jay Star as he is the GM if you can still join. I'm sure having eliminated competitors would be too much of a problem but this Rpg has gotten out of hand in the past. If not keep an eye on the sign up thread as reservations may expire or be canceled.

Jay star

Coordinator Lover
Im not sure Skeith, what do you think? I would say yes if he doesnt mind being a character who has already been knocked out but he might as well wait and see if any of the reserved places quit first. But its up to you SPBro...

SPBro

Insert Title Here.
Alright I'll think about it, and if I decide to join as a already defeated memeber, i'll post a APP today after I finish my to-do list I have for today.

Lufiji

I am extremely sorry for not getting this done sooner, I've been having troubles IRL which have caused the delay on this profile. I've got it done now though, and I hope that it is acceptable.

Name: Raymond Caine
Description: Raymond is a relatively tall person, standing at a height of 6"3. His build is somewhat muscular, however it is hard to notice without closer inspection. His skin has a very slight tan to it, but yet again, this is hard to notice without closer inspection. He has somewhat long, brown hair which goes to half way down his neck on the back of his head and covers his forehead on the front of his head. He has some facial hair forming on his face as well, he has a small beard on the sides and bottom of his face and a small moustache as well. His irises are also an odd shade of colour, they have a grey-ish blue colour to them.

As for clothing, he is commonly seen wearing a purple headband on his head, a yellow jacket with a flame like pattern on the bottom of it, a dark yellow t-shirt, dark blue jeans and a pair of green trainers. He also wears 3 necklaces, one with a large red gem on it, one with a small blue gem on it and one with a small brown gem on it.

Personality: Raymond is usually very calm, and it takes a lot to get him angered. He is usually very friendly, and likes to help out anyone who comes to him looking for advice. He is the kind of person who doesn't like to give up on things, and will put all the effort he can put into something if he wants to accomplish a task. He does like a bit of fun every now and then though, and will sometimes even forget about training when he does feel like having some fun. He is also a very strategical and somewhat intelligent person, he always likes to think before he acts as well as always trying to give his Pokémon the best moves that they can learn that would be the most helpful ones to have in battle. He's also a relatively optimistic person who always enjoys trying to cheer people up when they feel down. He is also very patient, and will be willing to do things for a long period of time as long as something is accomplished out of it, even if it is just a minor accomplishment. He is also very close to his Pokémon, particularly his Grovlyle, as for a very long time it was his only friend.

He does have his flaws as well. One problem he has is that he is relatively easily distracted, meaning that sometimes it can be hard to concentrate in battle. He also has a tendancy to overthink some things, leading him to make some bad decisions at times.

History: Raymond used to live in the small town of Littleroot town. He didn't have much contact with other people, due to the population of his home town being extremely small, and lived a good distance away from the nearest city, and his family's only source of income was a small business that Raymond's parents ran, selling things which they got on their occasional trips to the cities.

When Raymond was 7 years old his parents started to realise that he didn't have much of a social life, and seemed very lonely at times. Because of this, his parents decided to get him a Pokémon to possibly solve this problem. Because his parents were good friends with the reigon's Pokémon professor, thanks to them living in the same town as the professor's lab, they were able to get a Pokémon off of him, a Treecko. When his parents gave him the Treecko, he was overjoyed by the fact that he finally had a friend. After that he spent a lot of time with his Treecko, playing around with it, talking with it, the kind of thing a young child would do with any of their friends.

When he got older he decided that he wanted to go on a journey with his Pokémon, his parents thought this was a bad idea at first, however in the end they allowed him to go on the journey, due to the fact that according to professor Birch, he should be fine if he keeps his Treecko with him, as apparently it is one of the easiest Pokémon to get through the reigon with. He managed to beat 5 of the gyms on his journey, and he even managed to evolve his Treecko into a Grovyle. However he hit a roadblock once he got to the flying gym, as he had no means of crossing the water to get to Fortree City, so at that point he had to head home. However, a few days after he did get home he got an invitation to go to the Pokémon Battle Islasd tournament, thanks to his achievement of being able to do half of the gyms with a single Pokémon, despite being at a disadvantage in some of the gyms as well. He then accepted the invitation and then left home again to go to the tournament.

POKEMON
Species: Grovyle
Nickname: Komodo
Personality: Komodo is the kind of Pokémon who looks up to his trainer a lot, and will do whatever the trainer says no matter what. He is extremely protective of Raymond, and would most likely give his life if he had to if it was for Raymond. Other than that, he is usually a very calm Pokémon, much like his trainer, and enjoys the company of other Pokémon as well, since he didn't get much of it until he came to the island.
Moves: Swords Dance, Leaf Blade, Pursuit, Fury Cutter, Quick Attack, Dig

The pokemon you caught on the island
Species: Feebas
Nickname: Siren
Personality: Siren is extremely pessemistic about herself. She will hardly ever want to go in battle, and believes that she will be forever useless until she evolves. She will back down from just about anything, and prefers not to be seen at all at times. When she is out in a group amongst others she has a habit of trying to draw attention to other Pokémon, to avoid any attention going to herself.
Moves: Splash, Tackle, Flail, Surf, Hidden Power

RPG Sample:
~Anubis~

During the evening

After the group had went to lunch the group went for a bit of sightseeing around the city. This time it was not interupted by Sepra almost killing a Murkrow so Anubis was able to enjoy this trip a lot more. After a while everyone went to an all you can eat buffet however Anubis couldn't eat a lot due to his small size causing him to get full up quickly.

After that the group went back to the Pokécenter where they were staying and they were informed of a fireworks show being hosted at the jubilife TV station. Thanks to Alli's fathers influence the group was able to get a spot to watch the fireworks on the roof of the TV station.

Anubis found himself watching the fireworks from the top of Mokele's head. Mokele didn't seem to have a problem with this, and seemed to be talking to Anubis a lot as well, however a lot of the time Anubis didn't notice because he was so mesmerised by the fireworks and all the colours they made against the night sky. Suddenly this was interupted by Mokele letting out a large burp, sending Anubis catapaulting off of Mokele's head. However all of a sudden Anubis found the sights around him going from lots of bright lights to complete darkness as he found himself being caught inside Mokele's mouth.He didn't know whether he should be thankful that Mokele prevented him from hitting the ground, annoyed that Mokele probably could've caught him in a way that didn't involve Anubis getting covered in saliva or scared that Mokele could accidentally swallow him. <"Sthawry ahbouth thadt",> Anubis heard Mokele say as he opened his mouth to let Anubis out. Anubis simply stared at him with a half annoyed and half scared look on his face while wiping some of the saliva off of his fur with his paws and then rubbed his paws against the ground. <"I'm going to need a long bath after this"> Anubis thought to himself as he climbed back onto Mokele's head, not considering the fact that the same situation could happen again. Anubis then went back to watching the fireworks display, again, being completely distracted from everything else, including some things that Mokele said to him afterwards.

The next day

Anubis suddenly awoke as he was taken out of his Pokéball and into Alli's room. He let out a small yawn and stretched his arms as he looked around noticing this room had very little differences to the room he was in yesterday, except for the carpet being a different colour and being a bit softer. Alli greeted the Pokémon with a cheery good morning and placed some Pokéchow in front of each of them. Anubis ate all of his Pokéchow in a couple of minutes and then went into the bathroom to give himself a quick wash while he waited for everyone else to finish their food. When everyone else did finish their food the group went out in the lobby to meet up with Kris and her Pokémon. While Alli and Kris had their breakfast the Pokémon started talking to each other and some played with each other as well, Anubis joined in with them until Alli and Kris were done.

The group then went out to a field behind the Pokémon center. Alli then said who would be doing what in the upcoming contest and then Anubis suddenly remembered that he wasn't going to be in the contest. He then got the feelings of dissapointment he had from yesterday again and then walked off to the other field with the Pokémon who weren't taking part in the practice. He then sat down, not watching the practice as it would make him feel even worse about not getting into the contest. He remained still for a few minutes until he heard Alli's Aipom say "Anybody want to have a battle, if they're bored?" <"If I win this fight maybe I'll be able to prove to Alli that I will be worth using in the next contest...if she sees me that is"> Anubis thought to himself. He then sprang up saying <"I'll battle you!"> to the Aipom.

Razor Shiftry

Cynthia = Porn Star
Name: Jack Mariner
Description: Jack stands at 6ft tall and has a fairly lanky frame, with slightly longer legs that what would seem as perfect proportions. He has a messy mop of dirty blonde hair and a set of deep crystal blue irises hidden in constantly sleepy half open eyes. His nose is ever so slightly hooked downwards and he constantly seems to have a smirk on his face, like he can see something funny that no one else can. His skin tone is naturally white but being outside in the sun so long has given him a permanent tan. He has a tribal tattoo on his left shoulder.

Jack’s Attire is pretty laid back and is very reminiscent of the “surfer” style approach. He wears a plain white vest with a chequered blue and black shirt of the top with his sleeves rolled up. He wears plain straight jeans, which he can change into a pair of thin bright orange shorts of the weather becomes warmer. He wears a pair of beefy black trainers most of the time, but can switch to sandals if it turns hot. Around his neck he wears a necklace with a Marijuana leaf on it, along with a rainbow coloured bracelet on his right arm. He has a small backpack which contains essentials for day hikes.

Personality: Being from Pacifidlog town, Jack has an incredibly laid back sense of pace, preferring to float with the flow of life and see where he ends up. He’s very quiet and thoughtful to the pint that many people without the patience find him very hard to talk to at times. In fact, one might say that he’s a bit socially awkward which he can be at times, especially if he has to speak in front of a crowd.

If you get Jack talking, many people find that he’s actually quite the funny guy with his very dry sense of humour. There’s always just an aura of casualness and easy going despite his quiet introverted demeanour which puts people at ease. He’s also very peaceful, preferring negotiation to conflict baring pokemon battles, and even then, he’d rather incapacitate his opponent rather than injure them. And when he doesn’t win battles, Jack just lets it go and thinks of it as a learning experience, holding no grudge or want of a rematch lest his opponent wishes for a rematch.

In battle, Jack still remains easy going and chilled out, but behind the half open eyes of his, he can quickly see the details of the situation in front of him and analyse the best way forward. He has quick eyes can see flaws and weaknesses of the opponent and tries to exploit them while sticking to the strategy at hand when training his pokemon.

History: (I’ll keep this brief. Aspects of Jack’s past may come to light throughout the RPG)

Jack was brought up in the curious place of Pacifidlog town, adrift in the seas around Hoenn. He had a pretty uneventful, ordinary childhood, had loving parents (his father was a fisherman while his mother was a famous oceanic historian). He has 2 siblings, an older sister who works in Lilycove working in the famous art museum there, and a younger brother who’s studying architecture in Slateport.

Unlike his siblings, Jack never really had any idea where we wanted to go in life. He often spent his days free after school playing chess or he helped his dad on his fishing trips with the workmen hauling out catches and bringing the back to the mysterious floating town. Jack was the only one of his siblings who took any interest in the career of pokemon training. His father had been an amateur pokemon trainer in his youth and began to teach his son some of the tricks of the trade after Jack befriended a Golduck when he was 15.

When Pacifidlog floated near Petalburg City, Jack, in an unusual act of determination, took leave to begin an adventure and swam to the mainland with his Golduck with his parent’s permission. Throughout the years, Jack had a carefree lifestyle, casually earning money through pokemon battles, and meeting many different people on his travels. He discovered after a time that he had a talent for multi-pokemon battles. While he never made any major headlines since he never partook in many tournaments lest he was in dire need for cash, Jack’s experience and talents at forming strategies to suit his pokemon and the situation they were in has made him a, not perfect but very competent battler that will certainly always give you a run for your money.

The Battle Island invitation came at a time when he was running low on money and seeing as nothing was pressing his concern, Jack decided to give the tournament a go and explore this new place.

POKEMON

Species: Shiftry
Nickname: None
Personality: Shiftry is the lone ranger type, preferring to avoid conflict rather than full on confrontation. His battle style suits his personality being that he often prefers to support his team mates rather than attack them directly or strike the decisive blow. He is very loyal to Jack being with him from the start and having a deep love for his trainer and friend and acts like a mentor towards Hound.
Moves: Icy wind, Air Cutter, Whirlwind, Nature power, Razor Leaf, Sunny Day

The pokemon you caught on the island:
Species:
Houndour
Nickname: Hound
Personality: The youngster of the group and the first poke that Jack Caught, Hound idolizes his team mate Shiftry since he was the one that defeated him for capture. Being not fully evolved and so young, Hound’s attacks are often lacking a little in power which is why he is often paired up with Shiftry to boost his fire attacks. He is often very playful and enjoys Jack’s affection when he gets it. He also lacks any in-battle creativity and will often follow orders to the dot so Jack has to make his orders very specific for Hound to perform them either wise they may spring out of control.
Moves: Nasty Plot, Flamethrower, Crunch, Sucker Punch, Fire Spin

Species: Tentacruel
Nickname: Tenta
Personality: The only female of the team, Tenta uses her different position to try as hard as possible in everything to be equal to her male peers. She can be quite flippant and mischievous but normally only to the point of scaring her victim. In battle, she likes working with Croak in performing fast paced surprise attacks in a water-based battlefield, suiting their abilities and their style of attack.
Moves: Surf, Sword Dance, Poison Jab, Wring out, Constrict

Species: Croagunk
Nickname: Croak
Personality: Croak is a sly pokemon, living up to its nature as a pokemon that doesn’t play by the rules. He loves to fight and show of his prowess and enjoys working together with Tenta in double battles. He’s rather rude and tries to be as badass as possible. This is a struggle however due to his small side and his greatest wish is to evolve so that he would be bigger. Croak is always wearing a film of black sludge on him which seems to heal him a little.
Moves: Sucker Punch, Poison Jab, Mud Bomb, Nasty Plot, Sludge Bomb