1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Battle Revolution Championship!!!

Discussion in 'PBR Tournaments' started by DBK, Apr 18, 2010.

1. DBK

DBK Renegade Trainer

*To whichever mod looks this over: you can scrap the other tournament I sent in for approval. This is the refined version. And I am sorry about the "joke". That wasn't very nice of me.*

Welcome to the Pokemon Battle Revolution Championship!!!

This tournament will be run by me (DBK) and BlazerX. It will consist of 16 to 24 players. It is a VGC style tournament. We have decided to make it that way so that players of all types can enjoy the tournament as well as have an equal chance of victory. The following rules and operations are straight from the Official VGC site, with a few modifications:

TOURNAMENT OPERATION

The Pokemon Battle Revolution Championship is a Single Elimination event. Each match will consist of a single game and will result in the winner advancing to the next round and the loser being removed from the tournament.

 A player wins by knocking out his or her opponent’s final Pokémon.

 If an attack knocks out both players’ last Pokémon, the player that used the attack loses the match. This includes the moves Explosion, Selfdestruct, Double-Edge, Volt Tackle, Flare Blitz, Take Down, Submission, Brave Bird, Wood Hammer, Head Smash, Struggle, Perish Song, and Destiny Bond. This also includes the Life Orb held item.

 If an environmental effect knocks out both players’ last Pokémon, the player that used the attack loses the match. This includes Hail, Sandstorm, and Sunny Day.

 If all remaining Pokémon are knocked out due to Stealth Rock or Spikes, the result of the game is a tie.

 If a Pokémon’s ability or held item results in all remaining Pokémon being knocked out, the result of the game is a tie. This includes Aftermath, Liquid Ooze, Rough Skin, Jaboca Berry, and Sticky Barb.

 A player who selects "Give In" during a battle will count as the loser of that match, whether selected intentionally or not.

If a tie occurs during the Preliminary rounds or during the Elimination rounds, a single game will be played to determine the winner of that match, using the Sudden Death rules outlined below.

Sudden Death

Players will be required to be the first to gain an advantage in number of remaining Pokémon over their opponent. We will evaluate the match to determine when an advantage has been gained and by whom.

Preliminary Rounds

Players in each group will be randomly paired throughout the preliminary rounds. The number of wins needed to move on to the Elimination rounds will vary, based on the amount of players participating. We will inform the players how many games must be won to move on to the Final rounds once sign-ups have completed.

Each match during the Preliminary rounds is untimed, though players are expected to maintain a lively pace during game play. Matches will be played using the Pokemon Battle Revolution game on the Wii system.

 Players who are found to be intentionally delaying the pace of their match will be disqualified from the event.

Elimination Rounds

Players who have qualified for the Elimination rounds will be randomly paired throughout the Elimination rounds. Winning players advance to the next round; losing players are eliminated from the event. Random byes will be assigned during the first Elimination round based on the number of players participating in these rounds.

Each match during the Elimination rounds is untimed, though players are expected to maintain a lively pace during game play. Matches will be played using special Nintendo DS Lite systems, located at the event.

 Players who are found to be intentionally delaying the pace of their match will be disqualified from the event.

BATTLE RULES:

Each match is played using Pokémon Battle Revolution Wi-Fi. The tournament will use the Lv. 50 All rules set and the Double Battles battle style, with some additional restrictions.

* Each player uses four Pokémon during the battle, and sends out two Pokémon at a time.
    * The Lv. 50 All rules sets all Pokémon that are above or below level 50 to level 50 for the duration of the battle with the following parameters:
    o Each Pokémon retains all of the moves that it knew before being auto-leveled
    o Pokémon that evolve after level 50 do not devolve when auto-leveled
    o The Pokémon's stats are adjusted to what its level 50 stats would be

* A player's team may not contain two Pokémon with the same National Pokédex number.
    * Each Pokémon on a player's team may use held items, though no two Pokémon may hold the same item during battle. Allowed items include held items from Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Versions as well as from earlier video games, including Berries 1-64. The Soul Dew item and the Sacred Ash item may not be used.
    * Players may not enter two Pokémon with the same nickname.
    * Players may not enter a Pokémon nicknamed with the name of another Pokémon character (for example, a Lucario nicknamed "Spiritomb").
    * Players found to have inappropriate/offensive Trainer names or Pokémon nicknames, as determined by the event staff, will be disqualified from the event.

Pokémon Restrictions:

Players may use Pokémon found in the Pokémon HeartGold, SoulSilver, Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum Versions National Pokédex, from 001 to 493, including those Pokémon imported from earlier video games, with the exception of the Pokémon listed below.

Ineligible Pokémon

The following Pokémon NOT eligible for use in the tournament:

151 - Mew
    251 - Celebi
    385 - Jirachi
    386 - Deoxys
    489 - Phione
    490 - Manaphy
    491 - Darkrai
    492 - Shaymin
    493 - Arceus

Restricted Pokémon

During battle, a player's team of four Pokémon may not have more than one Pokémon from the list below. A player's team may contain up to two Pokémon from the list below, as long as four non-restricted Pokémon are also listed on the sheet.

150 - Mewtwo
    249 - Lugia
    250 - Ho-Oh
    382 - Kyogre
    383 - Groudon
    384 - Rayquaza
    483 - Dialga
    484 - Palkia
    487 - Giratina

Move Restrictions

Pokémon may only use moves (including those learned in an earlier video game) that have been learned through one of the following methods:

* By leveling up
    * By TM or HM
    * As an Egg move, through breeding
    * From a Move Tutor
    * Already learned by a Pokémon that was received at an official Pokémon event or promotion
    * Already learned by a Pokémon that was received from another Pokémon game (such as the Pikachu that knows Surf from Pokémon Battle Revolution)
    * By Smeargle's "Sketch" move (limited to the above moves learned by Pokémon from 001 to 493)

Basically, we are using VGC rules and guidlines, slightly modified for use on Pokemon Battle Revolution. If you want to sign up please copy and fill out the following:

PBR Name:
    PBR FC:
    Wii FC:

We will use the Wii's messaging feature, as well as this thread to announce opponents. We will use this thread to announce results.

POKEMON BATTLE REVOLUTION CHAMPIONSHIP PRIZES

1st Place:
    - A level 100 shiny pokemon of the player's choosing, holding an item of the player's choosing.

2nd Place:
    - A level 100 pokemon of the player's choosing.

3rd Place:
    - A level 100 pokemon picked at random.

*Prize pokemon are not EV trained or IV/Nature bred. The third place prize will be randomly chosen from the 493 available pokemon.

Those are the rules for now. If anyboby has any suggestions or questions, don't hesitate to ask.

We hope you all have fun!!!!

2. Simse

Simse Daft Punk.

So in.

PBR Name: SS Simo
    PBR FC: 2794-3024-7799
    Wii FC: 6088-8487-1606-6442

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  3. DBK

DBK Renegade Trainer

Holy crap, didn't realize our tourney got approved and posted. Nice:) Well, I will update the first post wit the sign up list as we get more. Sign up today!!!!

edit: Since I can't edit the first post, this one will serve as the sign up list.

1) Simse
    2) rubennn3
    3) DBK
    4) BlazerX
    ?) blaze boy?
    ?) TR Jessie?
    ?) Unknown?
    ?) BadIntent?
    5) aspitfire90
    6) Hitsu1200

Last edited: May 31, 2010
  4. blaze boy

blaze boy Aka SamuraiDon

How can Sunny Day knock out both players' last pokemon? Also an environmental effect can't knock both players pokemon because the one that got hit first will faint and the battle will end.

5. Unknown

Unknown New Member

It can't, all of this information is from the "Pokemon Video Game Regional Championship." This must of been an error on their part.

6. BlazerX

BlazerX Elite 4 Trainer

I will be with dbk,helping with moderatin of the tourny and will be joining as well I will post my info when I get home

7. BlazerX

BlazerX Elite 4 Trainer

Sorry bout the double post internet got messed up

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  8. DBK

DBK Renegade Trainer

Agreed with blaze boy and Unknown. The rules are cut and paste from the VGC site. I just modified the restricted pokemon part. I guess we can modify that part as well so that the first one to faint loses. Does that sound better? You guys going to sign up?

@BlazerX: Nice to hear from you. We need to go over some stuff.

9. TR_Jessie

TR_Jessie Adventure Seeker

I know I'm not in this tourney, and sorry if I'm being rude, but sunny day CAN knock out the player's last pokemon if they were a toxicroak and parsect with low health. Most certainly not an error on their part. :)

10. DBK

DBK Renegade Trainer

Can you elaborate on that? I want to make sure my info is correct. You are welcome to join if you want. We need competitors! Spread the word!

11. rubennn3

rubennn3 Member

i get my pbr in 2 days but my ds can't connect wifi so i won't be able to get my price if i win. but i would love to enter. i'll post my friendcode in 2 days.

12. DBK

DBK Renegade Trainer

^ If you win i can put your prize on my friend pass then battle you and exchange passes so you at least have it on PBR. May I ask why your DS can't connect to the wifi? And we'll need your trainer name on PBR and your wii fc as well. :)

13. BlazerX

BlazerX Elite 4 Trainer

Make sure to sign me up even tho im moderating the tourny still need some good challenge's
    Name:Falcon
    Battle Revolution FC:4168-6050-0931

Last edited: May 22, 2010
  14. DBK

DBK Renegade Trainer

Done. don't forget your Wii fc and PBR trainer name.

15. rubennn3

rubennn3 Member

i'll get pbr tommorow so i don't know my fc yet. my ds can't connect to wifi because our wifi is no wep

Last edited: May 23, 2010
  16. DBK

DBK Renegade Trainer

Your wii fc is different from your PBR fc. We need both. That's odd that your ds can't connect because of a lack of some sort of network security. Usually it is the other way around. You sure you can't go on the wifi?

17. aspitfire90

aspitfire90 Member

I know your question was aimed at TR_Jessie, but I figured I'd answer since I saw your question. It can knock out Toxicroak and Parasect because they have the Dry Skin ability. It makes it so that they get healed by water type moves and rain, and take more damage from fire type moves and are hurt by strong sunlight. =)

Also when is it going to be? I might enter.

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  18. Question about eligable moves allowed on Pokemon...Here is what is stated...

It is unclear as to whether or not a moveset on a Poke that has to be BOTH parented by a 3rd Gen. tutored Poke, AND being bread onto a 4th Gen Poke is allowed. (i.e. Staraptor that knows BOTH Pursuit and Double-Edge.)

19. DBK

DBK Renegade Trainer

Thank you for that explanation. The tourney will start when we have at least 8 confirmed competitors. I would like to try and get 16, but 8 will work. Enter, it will be fun.

Basically, if a pokemon can learn the move legally (without hacking of any kind), then it is eligible. Hope that helped.

20. aspitfire90

aspitfire90 Member

Alright, if you don't have an 8th person by the time I finish breeding and training the newest addition to my team, I'll join. =) Oh, and that means OHKO moves are allowed too right? I've never had a battle where OHKO moves were an option, so I'll have to redo one of my Pokemon so that it has the Sturdy ability. I didn't care what ability it had because they were both usless to me. lol