• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Battle Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

poopoop

SPPF STAFF
some rain team vids

scizor owning
61-84306-96693
poliwrath sweeping
10-80688-62629
14-81672-64840

a battle
83-06528-18793

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Couple Random Matchup battles:

83-49091-81598
Nothing too special, just me against someone with hacked pokemon (at least Blaziken)

83-49091-88518
One of the few double battles I've fought, came down to the wire

69-36127-25630
An older battle featuring Baton Pass and my awesome (but somewhat weak) shiny Zangoose

36-19507-69782
Another oldie, featuring an interesting grass team

The first two should still be up, the other two might not be.
Do they delete videos? O.O

Accipitri

Space relic
Yep, I remember reading in a few places that after a while battle videos get deleted off the server, although if you have them saved you can just reupload them I think. I don't know how long they last on the server though.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
That's good to find out now. I had no idea about this.

Lazy Shiny Hunter

(Insert witty line)
Well the last two were deleted. If anyone wants to see them I'll go ahead and reupload them.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Sure. I should try finding all my videos and saving the ones I liked best. And if I get far enough in my other game, I can save up to eight videos.

Accipitri

Space relic
I wish there was a bigger library for saved battles, and a way to immediately save your active battle video in your library. It's hard to manage them as is. A DSi/3DS extra or app that makes it easy to organize battle videos would be nice. Or maybe a way to manage them online with a youtube-type system of video storage.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
I wish there was a bigger library for saved battles, and a way to immediately save your active battle video in your library. It's hard to manage them as is. A DSi/3DS extra or app that makes it easy to organize battle videos would be nice. Or maybe a way to manage them online with a youtube-type system of video storage.

YES. Definitely. I have a couple of battle videos saved to my Vs. Recorder that aren't on the Global Terminal anymore. One of them, however, I can relay here, word-for-word. The brackets indicate the text that appears to indicate an ability activating.

You are challenged by TOMI!
TOMI sent out Haxorus!
Go! Chandelure!

Turn 1:
Chandelure, switch out! Come back!
Go! Yamask!
The foe's Haxorus used Outrage!
[Yamask's Mummy]
[Haxorus's Rivalry]>[Haxorus's Mummy]
The foe's Haxorus's Ability became Mummy!
Yamask fainted!
Go! Slaking!

Turn 2:
Slaking used Slash!
A critical hit!
[Haxorus's Mummy]
[Slaking's Truant]>[Slaking's Mummy]
Slaking's Ability became Mummy!
The foe's Haxorus fainted!
Slaking lost some of its HP!
TOMI sent out Lucario!

Turn 3:
Slaking used Earthquake!
It's super effective!
The foe's Lucario fainted!
TOMI sent out Volcarona!

Turn 4:
Slaking used Slash!
A critical hit!
[Volcarona's Flame Body]
Slaking was burned!
The foe's Volcarona fainted!
Player defeated TOMI!

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
YES. Definitely. I have a couple of battle videos saved to my Vs. Recorder that aren't on the Global Terminal anymore. One of them, however, I can relay here, word-for-word. The brackets indicate the text that appears to indicate an ability activating.

You are challenged by TOMI!
TOMI sent out Haxorus!
Go! Chandelure!

Turn 1:
Chandelure, switch out! Come back!
Go! Yamask!
The foe's Haxorus used Outrage!
[Yamask's Mummy]
[Haxorus's Rivalry]>[Haxorus's Mummy]
The foe's Haxorus's Ability became Mummy!
Yamask fainted!
Go! Slaking!

Turn 2:
Slaking used Slash!
A critical hit!
[Haxorus's Mummy]
[Slaking's Truant]>[Slaking's Mummy]
Slaking's Ability became Mummy!
The foe's Haxorus fainted!
TOMI sent out Lucario!

Turn 3:
Slaking used Earthquake!
It's super effective!
The foe's Lucario fainted!
TOMI sent out Volcarona!

Turn 4:
Slaking used Slash!
A critical hit!
[Volcarona's Flame Body]
Slaking was burned!
The foe's Volcarona fainted!
Player defeated TOMI!
I also agree that we should be able to save more battle videos ingame and an online thing like Accipitri mentioned. One video stinks for your own unless you upload to GTS and save it to your vs recorder. When I saved new battles, I'd have to try and go right to the gts and upload and get the battle video.

Oh, and wouldn't the lucario and volcarona also become mummy, or at least the volcarona?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I just recorded my last battle so i sometimes use it.

Accipitri

Space relic
I think Mummy can only be spread by the Mummy being targeted; if the Mummy uses a physical attack on another pokemon it won't have any effect.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Oh, and wouldn't the lucario and volcarona also become mummy, or at least the volcarona?
Nope...

I think Mummy can only be spread by the Mummy being targeted; if the Mummy uses a physical attack on another pokemon it won't have any effect.

Exactly. Mummy can only be spread if the Pokémon with Mummy is the on the recieving end of the physical contact attack. Otherwise, Volcarona's Flame Body would've changed to Mummy before it could activate. I assume, anyway.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Hmm, I think I may have a battle video where mummy went back and forth from both teams if I can find it.

Found it in my vs recorder, not sure if still online. Watching it now. The opponent's cofagrigus gave my stoutland mummy after he bit him. Then the opponent's scrafty got mummy after using drain punch on my stoutland. Then, the scrafty gave my dewott mummy after my dewott used x-scissor.

So the lucario and volcarona would have only gotten mummy if they used a physical attack on the slaking. Ok, I misunderstood.

Last edited:

Lazy Shiny Hunter

(Insert witty line)
I just realized I don't know how to reupload those videos... will a description work?
(Incoming wall of text)​

In the Baton Pass battle, I used Ninjask, Zangoose, and Porygon-Z, my opponent used Serperior, Arcanine, and Heracross. I sub up first, and somehow managed to take a Dragon Tail from Serperior, allowing a Swords Dance. A second Dragon Tail breaks the sub. Next turn he switches to Arcanine, I sub again. I Baton Pass everything to Zangoose, and he breaks the sub. He burns with Will 'o Wisp, but not before I get a crit Crush Claw. Turn 6 he switches back to Serperior, and I Close Combat. Luckily Serperior couldn't Dragon Tail, since I get a crit X-Scissor (Scope Lens is surprisingly effective). He brings in Arcanine and Morning Suns, and my Zangoose couldn't do anything before fainting to Extremespeed next turn. I bring in Ninjask, who manages to attack, but dies from Rocky Helmet damage. Last pokemon, Porygon-Z, comes in and thanks to a Sp. Atk boost, I ko with Tri Attack. He brings in Heracross, and I Psychic for the 0KO.

In the Grass team one, I use Ninjask, Porygon-Z, and Weavile, she uses Jumpluff, Cacturne, and Roserade. First turn I hastily sub up only to get Encore'd, forcing a switch to Porygon-Z and a Swords Dance for Jumpluff. Before I can Ice Beam, Jumpluff 0KOs with Flying Gem+Acrobatics. I bring in Weavile, and forgetting Encore risk a Fake Out. Luckily she goes straight for Acrobatics, allowing my Sash to kick in and to KO with Ice Punch. She then sends in Cacturne and KOs with Sucker Punch. With Ninjask as my last pokemon, I go for the X-Scissor only to break the Sash. Half-anticipating a Sucker Punch (though mainly to stay safe), I sub up and avoid the Sucker Punch. I then finally KO Cacturne, and she sends in Roserade. Since I have a sub, I decide to Swords Dance and get my sub broken by [presumably] Hidden Power Ice. Despite that, I still manage a win with a +3 X-Scissor.

With that out of the way, I present my reason for posting here at this time, this epic battle.

23-05957-80271
Taking about half a hour, this battle was ridiculously close with several moments I felt I could easily lose, and that's all I'll say. See it for yourself.

Last edited:

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Oh wait, you're right, we can't reupload battles. Dang, gonna have to see what's still online and save the best.

Accipitri

Space relic
Just had this one on random singles:
61-27879-68278
Sort of offensive Mandibuzz owns his entire team (including a Skarmory), never switching out. I love her :3

Another, from a random rotation:
46-42997-94444
Not too interesting aside from the end, where thanks to Bulk Up, Guts, and Leftovers my Throh is awesome.

poopoop

SPPF STAFF
here is my golem sweeping

38-43201-54755

poopoop

SPPF STAFF
my edit button won't work
just got another epic win
92-08553-55344

Status
Not open for further replies.