• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon BDSP - Recent Happenings Thread

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I finally got Spiritomb!!! :D

I am now taking him across Sinnoh battling all the trainers I skipped, to level him up. Once he reaches Lv. 41, it's off to Snowpoint City.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I've trained my entire team to level 70-75 and decided it was time to battle the League again.
The Elite four was a cakewalk at that level, but I was a bit afraid of Cynthia, mostly her Garchomp.

I basically sweeped the rest of her team, only Spiritomb and Milotic taking two turns, but then it was time to face the dreaded Garchomp again.

It set up swords dance and again outsped everything despite the level differences, but since I've trained not all my mons were instantly ko'd. So after quite some attacks and some full restores from Cynthia, I finally managed to beat the thing and finally see the victory screen.

The fact that you did it with a Lumineon, an unevolved Gligar, & a Carnivine is impressive in & of itself

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Found Cyndaquil and a Torchic in the same fire theme cave by digging on route 224. Fire types are my favorites.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Arrived at Celestic Town, obtaining Surf TMs from Cynthia's grandmother after chasing off a Team Galactic grunt planning on doing not so pleasant things. Return back to Hearthome City for my Gym Battle against Fantina, agruably her Mismagius got nerfed foregoing Shadow Ball for Phantom Force for its STAB move. Will be exploring the areas now accessible with Surf next.

Current team:
Infernape (Sun Wukong)
Staraptor (Dagr)
Luxray (Simba)
Manaphy (Neptune)
Gastrodon (Katsuyu)
Jirachi (Jinn)

In rotatation:
Roselia (Viridi)
Clefable (Titania)

The fact that you did it with a Lumineon, an unevolved Gligar, & a Carnivine is impressive in & of itself
Thanks. I wanted a bit of an unconventional team. I've used things like Luxray, Floatzel, Staraptor, Roserade and Garchomp way too much. So I wanted a team with pokemon I've never used before, aside from my starter.

Already thinking what I'm gonna use for my Shining Pearl playthrough. Even though I wanna complete my dex in Brilliant Diamond before that though.

So that's what I've basically been doing now, going to the grand underground and filling the dex. Also evolved my Gligar since the Razor Tooth is postgame, even though Gligar did hold its own during the league, especially against Aaron and Cynthia's Roserade. I've grown to love the move Acrobatics and don't get why I didn't use it much before.

I also got the Pokéradar, so I'm planning to do some shiny hunts after filling the dex some more. I never got around mastering it or even catching any shiny with it during the original P/D so I'm hoping to change that now.

Pokefan_1987

Does anyone think the game is lacking in costumes including platinum style and not unlocking more after beating the elite 4 ?

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Does anyone think the game is lacking in costumes including platinum style and not unlocking more after beating the elite 4 ?
Sort of. I mean I really like the outfits we’ve gotten but I sort of wish we could change hair and eye colors whenever we wanted and had a few more outfits inspired by Team Galactic, Rotom, Jirachi, Mew, and a Miner look.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Currently got my Spiritomb up to Lv. 34, and I'm running out of trainers suitable enough for battle.

I may have to trek Route 216 with Spiritomb alone; this might be the only way left to get it to Lv. 41.

Pokefan_1987

Sort of. I mean I really like the outfits we’ve gotten but I sort of wish we could change hair and eye colors whenever we wanted and had a few more outfits inspired by Team Galactic, Rotom, Jirachi, Mew, and a Miner look.
Sword and Shield has that. It was heavily upgraded in terms of what Alola and the 3DS games experimented with. However Ultra Sun and Moon's special Kommo-O outfit was ridiculous. The price of 2.400.000 was absurdly high. I don't know if Rotom-Discount could lower clothing prices.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Started my second game, this time we’ve got Diamond. So I’ve made it Pastoria city, currently my team is complete (although may use a couple of reserves like last time, I love the Sinnoh region and Pokemon what can I say).
I’ve just defeat Crasher Wake, with Monferno, Kricketune, Roselia, Whishcash, Magneton and Gligar!
liking this team a lot, even Kricketune is providing to be a valuable member of the team.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
With my full team of six complete, I've solidified my type specialty team by giving each member a Ghost-type move. It's mostly a recurrence of Shadow Ball, Hex, and Night Shade. There's a Shadow Claw in there somewhere. lol

In other news, I got pummeled by Candice's second two 'mons after taking down the first two easily. Had to soft reset to keep from having my pokemon hate me. lol

Current Team:

395.png
Embrace, Lv. 41
407.png
Enamour, Lv. 41
442.png
Condemn, Lv. 41
094.png
Petrify, Lv. 41
356.png
Devour, Lv. 41
430.png
Annoy, Lv. 41

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
even Kricketune is providing to be a valuable member of the team
Is Kricketune really that good this far in the game? I've been debating on keeping mine since it's sort of been the powerhouse of my team so far, I'm just not sure because of its abysmal reputation in competitive battles

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
There may be DLC later on. Sword and Shield had them, albeit they were mostly different Ball Guy shirts and they stopped several months in.

The fact that the Platinum Style outfits were added to this game, however, is evidence that the game allows additional clothing because they've already done so once.

Sword and Shield has that. It was heavily upgraded in terms of what Alola and the 3DS games experimented with. However Ultra Sun and Moon's special Kommo-O outfit was ridiculous. The price of 2.400.000 was absurdly high. I don't know if Rotom-Discount could lower clothing prices.
I think that was supposed to be a long-term thing, getting the clothing items bit by bit. I closed the girl, so she got the Luran set, which I liked a lot better.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Is Kricketune really that good this far in the game? I've been debating on keeping mine since it's sort of been the powerhouse of my team so far, I'm just not sure because of its abysmal reputation in competitive battles
He appears to be working out well for me, heard a few other people say that it’s been a powerhouse for them too. Not sure how it’ll fair at the E4

ebevan91

I'm trying to rebuild my post-game team into a Platinum based team. I spent pretty much all day yesterday in the underground and then finally went to Stark Mountain.

Flamer

Started my adventure over the weekend. Chose Turtwig as my starter, having gone with Chimchar in Pearl and Piplup in Platinum. Got my Pokedex from the Professor and made my way to Jubilife City, where I was given a Poketech. Doesn't have any apps yet, but like how its been moved to the R button.

After exploring Jubilife as much as I could, I headed East towards Oreburgh City. Battled my rival again and won with relative ease. Still haven't added anyone to my team yet. Been trying to find a Shinx, but no luck yet

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I havent played in 2 days... Was busy with work and stuff:/
Today I will play this wonderful game

Kangaflora

So far, I had deliberately stayed around the town before Veilstone City, just so I could battle the joggers on Routes 209, 210 and 215. And I took a cheeky trip to the Trophy Garden to catch Pichu, whom I've nicknamed PiPikaRai.

Last edited:

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
My lone Infernape has successfully fought all the way through to the elite four by himself. Hopefully my Berry trees will produce enough to finish fixing his EV's to allow for maximum speed given unknown IV's and sub optimal nature. They finish the growth cycle in a few hours so I should be able to take the league on tonight.