• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon BDSP - Recent Happenings Thread

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I'm a little irritated that I gotta go back to dealing with Team Galactic again. That little gym detour I took was nice.

I'm just gonna push through it and get it over with, so I can get onward to getting my ass kicked by defeating Cynthia.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Began backtracking to the routes/dungeons that have areas opened up with access to Surf, further exploration of Orreburgh Gate will have to wait until I can use Strength from the Poketch. Digging sessions in the Grand Underground proved to be very fruitful scoring a Leaf Stone and now have enough Heart Scales that I will eventually be able to use the Move Reminder services for free. Also caught a Hippopotas there since the Pokemon News Press guy wanted to see one, saves the trouble of catching Unown to increase its appearance rate at Ruin Manaic’s Cave.

Current team:
Infernape (Sun Wukong)
Staraptor (Dagr)
Manaphy (Neptune)
Gastrodon (Katsuyu)
Luxray (Simba)
Clefable (Titania)

In rotation:
Roselia (Viridi)
Jirachi (Jinn)

Ascended Dialga

I worked my way to the summit of Mt. Coronet to put a stop to Team Galactic once and for all. I defeated Cyrus at the Spear Pillar and caught myself Dialga in a Timer Ball. I concluded the Team Galactic story arc by flying to Twinleaf Town to get some well-deserved rest at my house. Then I traveled leisurely, on foot and by bike, from Twinleaf Town all the way to the now-accessible Sunyshore City, battling numerous trainers along the way. I saved the game in the Pokémon Center there before turning off the game for the day. My current team is: Torterra, Honchkrow, Rampardos, Gengar, Medicham, and Gyarados. It's worth noting that this is the first time I've ever traveled through the Sinnoh region in any Sinnoh game without a Staraptor or a Luxray on my team.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Finally finished growing enough berries to fully train Infernape. Figured I'd use the IV calculator out of interest... 0/3/0/31/9/29... Ouch game... Just ouch.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Picked up Brilliant Diamond last weekend; only opened it last night (just student problems).
Started up the game and named my rival Ranitidine because it's been recently taken off the market lol. Chose Chimchar as my starter. Nicknamed it Sunitinib. Decided to name all of my own Pokemon after oncology/hematology treatments (or variations of their name with drug name suffixes). Picked up a Shinx (Alectinib) on Route 202 and then had to turn off the game at the end of my lunch hour.
Came back and grinded a bit and evolved Sunitinib into a Monferno and Alectinib into a Luxio. Swept Geodude and Onix with Sunitinib's Power Up Punch. Switched into and beat Cranidos with Alectinib's Intimidate + Growl + Bite. Decimated Team Galactic in Jubilife.
Decided to get the Old Rod from that one dude in the gate. Caught a Magikarp (Methotrexate, thank goodness the name was 12 characters) and did the Valley Windworks sequence. Taking a break from it all now and will try to evolve Methotrexate tomorrow.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
brief update on past few days. busy trying to grow ev lowering berries. went on a catching rampage post game underground. found Flygon (ev trained it and trying to get to lvl80) growlithe and found gligar again to catch in luxury ball. did some treasure hunting to find stuff, hoping to expand secret base atleast 1 time. the samll pale spheres dont come that often... missing 13 or so to upgrade the base. got 2 S mysterious shard. missed out on a large one before knowing what they were. busy money farming and hoping to buy more vitamins for ev training. got gligar and growlithe to train and evolve.

finally got magma armour pokemon macargo and that fire camerupt. most of what i want is acheived to do post game stuff but a frisk sentret eludes me so far. not sure if i will try BP items yet but the favorites and preferred are caught.

Last edited:

Jeppo

Decided to take on the E4 right away instead of level grinding. Went really well and was cruising through the league, until Garchomp happened. Now I know what people mean.

At least I can finish completing the National Dex now and collect a new team to take on the E4.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I’ve been spending the last few days digging for treasure, growing berries, & collecting stickers from Jubilife TV before I do anything story-wise in Eterna City (partly because I don’t want to rush through the game, & partly because I have other stuff I need to work on).

I did decide to box my Kricketune though and added the in-game trade Chatot to my team (granted, it’s not that much better in terms of stats, but it does have better status moves, it's one of my favorite Sinnoh pokemon, & the fact that it doesn’t listen to me will make battling Gardenia more of a challenge). I also got the TM for Giga Drain through a Reddit trade and used it on my Budew, as well as a set of Apricorn Pokéballs that I got from buying a code on eBay when I bought the BD art book. Hoping to take on Gardenia within the next few weeks and make it to Hearthome City by Christmas.

Current Team:
  • Megumi (Monferno)- lv. 18
  • Mirai (Budew)- lv. 17
  • Kenzo (Manaphy)- lv. 14
  • Risa (Pachirisu)- lv. 15
  • Charap (Chatot)- lv. 15

Last edited:

Jeppo

Found a Cyndaquil in the Grand Underground. Tomorrow I'll be on the lookout for Chikorita and Totodile to give the Johto starters some well deserved love. Might need to catch a Ditto aswell to breed for better natures.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
After some major gamesmanship... Cynthia has fallen. Switched Infernape’s item to sitrus berry... meant I could get two swords dances up against spiritomb. Flame wheel dealt with that. Many full restores later. Got a third swords dance up and x speed to offset the rock tomb drops from gastrodon. Pair of power up punches took it down. Stalled Milotic into kill range with more restores. Roserade and lucario fell in a single shot. Leaving the big boy himself. One power up punch later, Infernape stood tall, only taking rough skin damage.

It took artificial rare candy boost from 74 to 81, an intentional defeat to buy more full restores and a level up along the way back to her as well as some luck with avoiding moves on occasion but it’s done. Beat the main game with just Infernape. Not as good as a friend who did it with bidoof... but respectable nonetheless.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
After some major gamesmanship... Cynthia has fallen. Switched Infernape’s item to sitrus berry... meant I could get two swords dances up against spiritomb. Flame wheel dealt with that. Many full restores later. Got a third swords dance up and x speed to offset the rock tomb drops from gastrodon. Pair of power up punches took it down. Stalled Milotic into kill range with more restores. Roserade and lucario fell in a single shot. Leaving the big boy himself. One power up punch later, Infernape stood tall, only taking rough skin damage.

It took artificial rare candy boost from 74 to 81, an intentional defeat to buy more full restores and a level up along the way back to her as well as some luck with avoiding moves on occasion but it’s done. Beat the main game with just Infernape. Not as good as a friend who did it with bidoof... but respectable nonetheless.
sounds like some sort of nuzzlelock in the sense you only used 1 pokemon.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
My team was leveling up too much, so I swiped 'em all out for my Bronzong. I'm keeping it this way until I reach the peak of Mt. Coronet.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
In SP, I just arrive in Veilstone City and bought the Gengar outfit. I also did the Newspaper daily side quest and the guy asked to see Prinplup which is extremely lucky as I chose Piplup as my starter.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Arrived at Canalave City, beating my rival then decided to make a trip to Iron Island. Caught a Steelix while there and after assisting Riley in beating the Team Galactic grunts hanging out there received a Pokemon Egg that will hatch into Riolu. Later had my Gym Battle against Bryon at the Canalave Gym, having Taunt on Infernape works a treat in preventing his Bronzor from setting up Trick Room.

Current team:
Infernape (Sun Wukong)
Staraptor (Dagr)
Luxray (Simba)
Gastrodon (Katsuyu)
Manaphy (Neptune)
Clefable (Titania)

In rotational:
Roselia (Viridi)
Jirachi (Jinn)

ebevan91

Ugh hunting for magmarizer is hell, stupid 5%.

Do you have a Pokemon with Compound Eyes or Super Luck? I think the 5% chance goes up to 20%.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
So, I'm over 40 hours in, and I just beat the fourth gym and I just got rid of the Psyblock (see what I did there?).

Yeah, I've been a bit slow, and I'm also dealing with daily Animal Crossing stuff.