Okay, so now I've got the seventh badge in my Water-type run. Abomasnow was a problem as expected, but I'm glad I taught Empoleon FlashCannon at the last minute.
Here's the rundown.
1. Lumineon beat Snover with a Attract+RainDance-strat.
2. Lumineon also beat Sneasel with the same Attract-strat and cheap friendship dodges.
3. Lumineon eventually fell to Medicham.
4. Floatzel came in and beat Medicham with a couple of Crunches.
5. Abomasnow came out, reset Hail. As I tried a Crunch, it used Aurora Veil. Didn't know it got that upgrade, which meant a major buff to its bulkiness. I thought stalling it out was going to be my best bet so I went for a Dig. It dodged an EQ because of friendship (I think this mechanic is way too cheap). It got wrecked by Giga Drain after I came up though.
6. Bibarel. I thought I had some bulk to live a GigaDrain, so I was trying to go for a WorkUp+QuickAttack, but it got one-shot by Giga Drain.
7. Empoleon was my last pick (I played 4v4 and I benched Gastrodon due to the x4 weakness to Abomasnow). My FlashCannon only did about half damage. I assumed Candice would heal, but she didn't. Her EQ did slightly more then half damage. Hail and AuroraVeil stopped and my second FlashCannon took out her Abomasnow.
With AuroraVeil up that would've been a roll I think. Empoleon couldn't have taken a second EQ. So the stalling with Floatzel and Bibarel was definitely worth it.
I'm currently mucking about in the Galactic Veilstone HQ. I'm worried about the next levelcap and the amount of unskippable battles, so I've decided to bring only one or two pokémon along for each unskippable grunt and three for any upcoming commander.
The next levelcap is lvl49 (Volkner's Luxray) and most of my team is now lvl42/43, so I've still got a while, but the unknown with regards to unskippable trainers in the Galactic-portion and the Sunyshore Gym is stressful. In fact, I might bench my Gastrodon for now since its essential for the Volkner fight/SunyShore-gym and I think I'll need it at around lvl46 before I even start with that gym. It's also quite effective against most of TeamGalactic's admin's so it will only be a big battle teammember for the rest of the pre-League bits of the game.
Ps. Having a new addition to the team at this point would be great, but SunyShore as far as I know is still locked.. and Mantyke wouldn't be any good there any way, but an amazing exp-dump for grunts and trainers so I at least have some income through experience...