• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon BDSP - Recent Happenings Thread

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I think my playthrough might be cursed. Aside from the Kricketot I didn’t want to catch, all of my pokémon have natures that hinder their main stats

wildcaml

re: member
I think my playthrough might be cursed. Aside from the Kricketot I didn’t want to catch, all of my pokémon have natures that hinder their main stats
i’ve been having the same problem! i’ve got an abra with bad speed, a kricketot with bad attack, a geodude with bad attack, a budew with bad sp atk, a buizel with bad attack, an onix with bad defense, a buneary with bad attack… my best pokemon basically all have neutral natures, like, why?? xD

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I just picked up a copy of brilliant diamond. i'm considering chimchar...i need to know if monferno learns fighting moves early which might be good against team galactic dark and normal types
It does. Chimchar learns Power-Up Punch a couple levels before evolving and Monferno learns Mach Punch as its evolution move. Rock Smash is good for back up on Chimchar until it learns Power-Up Punch. It will then go right through Roark’s team with ease after a few Punches.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
i’ve been having the same problem! i’ve got an abra with bad speed, a kricketot with bad attack, a geodude with bad attack, a budew with bad sp atk, a buizel with bad attack, an onix with bad defense, a buneary with bad attack… my best pokemon basically all have neutral natures, like, why?? xD
I think I am the only one who doesn't notice the states of the Pokemon nor their natures when catching them ehhe

wildcaml

I think I am the only one who doesn't notice the states of the Pokemon nor their natures when catching them ehhe
and perhaps you’re better for it hehe

it’s not like i’m trying to play the game optimally anyway, so i’m not sure why i care. i’m pretty sure most of us didn’t even really think about before the games started explicitly telling us our pokemon aren’t that good xD

janejane6178

and perhaps you’re better for it hehe

it’s not like i’m trying to play the game optimally anyway, so i’m not sure why i care. i’m pretty sure most of us didn’t even really think about before the games started explicitly telling us our pokemon aren’t that good xD
Where have u been told that your Pokemon aren't that good? Is it regarding IV?

wildcaml

Ohhh u mean the red and blue arrows in the Pokemon skills page?
exactly. i almost wish you could turn it off if you so choose, for those of us who lack the willpower to live in ignorance. but that's a personal issue i suppose xD

Drummerdude

I bought both versions of the new games but began with Brilliant Diamond as I played Diamond first initially. I picked my favorite starter, Turtwig, and also caught a Kricketot to use since I've never beaten the Elite 4 with Kricketune and I want to use a few Pokemon I maybe haven't used as much or at all for this playthrough. I beat Roark easily (and also learned Bug attacks are apparently neutral against Rock types) and grabbed the Manaphy Egg to use as my third team member. I'm currently making my way toward Floaroma Town.

Turtwig Lv14
Kricketune Lv14
Manaphy Lv8

wildcaml

But why there are arrows on only 2 stats? There r 5 o.o
each nature affects stats differently. for example, adamant nature boosts attack and lowers sp attack. hasty boosts speed and lowers defense. i forget exactly how nature affects level to level growth compared to IVs, but suffice it to say you wouldn't want an abra with an adamant nature since he's a powerful sp attacker

does that make sense?

there are also a handful of natures that are completely neutral, as in they don't influence stats at all

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Trying to find the pseudo legendary fire dog. I just noticed the level of Pokemon you find underground jump when you beat a gym. Lvl17-20 before 2nd or 3rd gym then it jumps to 27 after next gym.

janejane6178

each nature affects stats differently. for example, adamant nature boosts attack and lowers sp attack. hasty boosts speed and lowers defense. i forget exactly how nature affects level to level growth compared to IVs, but suffice it to say you wouldn't want an abra with an adamant nature since he's a powerful sp attacker

does that make sense?

there are also a handful of natures that are completely neutral, as in they don't influence stats at all
Thank you <33

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Trying to find the pseudo legendary fire dog. I just noticed the level of Pokemon you find underground jump when you beat a gym. Lvl17-20 before 2nd or 3rd gym then it jumps to 27 after next gym.
I found out the hard way regarding that.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Just finished Roark. Had to use several Work Up on Chimchar during the fight. Almost thought Cranidos would beat me.

Also got the Manaphy Egg. You just need to go north in Jubilife to team up with Dawn to beat the Team Galactic Grunts. Afterwards a clown guarding the Jubilife TV Station will leave early. The go to the 2nd floor and talk to the manager with the glasses. Choose the "EVERYONE HAPPY WI FI CONNECTION" and you'll unlock the mystery gift menu early.

My team now is

Monferno
Manaphy
Zubat
Shinx
Bidoof (No Moody ability)

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I found out the hard way regarding that.
I over leveled before 2nd gym and was 28 then saw jump after 2nd gym was beat. Its on par with my team for now but wont do a gym until i get certain team members caught

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I just dug up a Shiny Medicham Statue! Also found another Skull Fossil. I just got the Cobble Badge an hour ago. Also got both versions of the Bronzong Statue.

Last edited:

janejane6178

Hanging around the underground, looking for Ice punch Buneary.
Already have 16 hours on the games.
How much do u guys have ? :p