• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon BDSP - Recent Happenings Thread

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Sounds good. I decided to work from home today otherwise I wouldn’t be able to do it either. Just PM me and we’ll work something out.
I won’t be home until after 8 PM EST.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Jumped into the Battle Tower to try to get some BP. First match I went up against a Shedinja right away so I ended my attempt before I even used a move since none of my Pokémon can hit it super effectively. Tried again and in match 6 I ran into the same Shedinja. Had to stall it with my Vaporeon which took more than 30 minutes. Going to stay away from there for a while because that amount of time was not worth 3 BP. Hoping Home compatibility comes out soon since I can redeem over 1000 BP with it.

ShadowForce720

Jumped into the Battle Tower to try to get some BP. First match I went up against a Shedinja right away so I ended my attempt before I even used a move since none of my Pokémon can hit it super effectively. Tried again and in match 6 I ran into the same Shedinja. Had to stall it with my Vaporeon which took more than 30 minutes. Going to stay away from there for a while because that amount of time was not worth 3 BP. Hoping Home compatibility comes out soon since I can redeem over 1000 BP with it.
Sounds like the Shedinja is basically saying this:

Shedinja: You shall not pass!

lol XD:p

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Just got my 7th badge last night (Snowpoint Gym). Hannibal, my Staraptor did well, took out her first two Pokemon. Barry, my Azumarill, took out her third one. Switched back to my Staraptor and it did some damage to her fourth Pokemon and got knocked out. Switched to my Lickilicky, Hilda, who got the job done.

Here's my team:

Hannibal - Staraptor - lv 45
Barry - Azumarill - lv 42
Hilda - Lickilicky - lv 46
Quake - Torterra - lv 47
BusterKeaton - Mr Mime - lv 37
Apollo - Houndoom - lv 46

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
In traditional me fashion I restarted Brilliant Diamond after ignoring my save file for months, but decided to pick the game back up again now I know there are Mythical events going on! I missed out on the 2016 events so my collection of Mythicals is pretty low? Luckily the way the games work now I can get most of them (well Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Manaphy/Phione, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Keldeo, maybe Magearna, and Zarude) so I definitely wanted a save file I wanted to progress on to get Shaymin and Darkrai outside of Legends: Arceus! And so, here we are.

With how experience works in this game I've determined that having 2 Pokemon you use frequently before the first gym helps with levels, so Royal the Piplup was joined by Bandit the Budew from the moment we hit Jubilife! Piplup definitely appreciates having Water Gun over Bubble, and Charm was a neat moveset addition I've decided to keep in case of emergency (Metal Claw was never very helpful anyway) so that was cool. Budew sucks, quite honestly. It does no damage, everyone has their own Budew or Starly or something that resists Absorb and it learns no TMs to give it coverage at the moment! Worry Seed was useful for catching my squad of Pickup Pachirisu though, I'm gonna need all the help I can get to nab evolutionary stones for the way this team is planned.

Roark was actually fairly challenging thanks to Geodude always setting up Stealth Rock, Onix having Sturdy and Cranidos hitting way too hard for comfort. I had to use an X Defense so Piplup didn't die to Headbutt spam and could KO with Water Gun (Budew was used against Geodude and Onix so it got extra happiness for participating in a gym battle). Once that was done a lovely Redditor traded me a Magby egg so I could use one on my team, and it even came with Belly Drum and Mach Punch! Both moves were actually rather handy, and Flame Body has been a great ability thus far allowing my level 13 Magby to take on Mars' Purugly with only a single Potion being needed. Good times. I've since cleared up to Eterna Forest but I've saved at the Valley Windworks for Drifloon.

Brilliant Diamond Team:
394.png
Royal the Prinplup, Level 18
Bubble Beam, Pluck, Work Up, Charm
406.png
Bandit the Budew, Level 18
Absorb, Growth, Stun Spore, Worry Seed
240.png
Amaterasu the Magby, Level 16
Flame Wheel, Mach Punch, Belly Drum, Clear Smog
417.png
417.png
417.png
The Pickup Squad, Level 13

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Did any1 do a second playthrough? I am thinking to do another one........ but Idk what to do
I was thinking about doing another BD playthrough, or play SP. But after playing PLA, I have no desire to go back to BDSP except to get the mythical distributions.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Did any1 do a second playthrough? I am thinking to do another one........ but Idk what to do
I consider this game too tough to be worth it. Grinding a team to even get through most of the Elite 4 is not worth it. And i don't want to get anywhere near Cynthia's team anytime soon because of her extensive type coverage.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I haven't done a second playthrough, I want to hold on to my current save file until A) I get Darkrai in the upcoming event, and B) compatibility with Pokemon Home finally arrives, if indeed it ever does, and I can transfer my main team, Mythicals and the one Shiny I managed to catch into my Home account.

Last edited:

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I haven't done a second playthrough, I want to hold on to my current save file until A) I get Darkrai in the upcoming event, and B) compatibility with Pokemon Home finally arrives, if indeed it ever does, and I can transfer my main team, Mythicals and the one Shiny I managed to catch into my Home account.
You could just make a second account.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I don't enjoy BD/SP enough to do that. ;)
Same the difficulty spikes in the game is not worth it even with no HM slaves and Exp Share. Also I have no plans to buy a online subscription for my switch so there's no way i'm paying both for Nintendo Online subscription and a Pokebank subscription.

I just have too things many i don't wan't to lose including the 8 differen't versions of the Pikachu with a cap (they were code distributed) and several pokemon Legendaries in Dynamax Adventures are really hard to solo.
Also my shiny Incineroar in SWORD, i don't want to lose him. that's why i don't let kids touch my pokemon games....that goes for all of them.

Last edited:

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Doing Mono Runs on both Diamond and Pearl. Poison for SP and Ground for BD. Haven’t played Pearl in forever, until now. I just started the Diamond run two days ago.

Thanks to the GWS I was able to get a Ditto and other things on Shining Pearl and bred 5 out of 6 of my Mons for the Ground Type Run on BD.

Recently on BD
Chose Turtwig as my first member. Trekked all the way to Oreburgh, where I made several trades. Among them being eggs and a female Nidoran.

All the eggs hatched before making it to the gym. Most notable hatch was a shiny Swinub. Named it MamoShine but I’ll find a better name later on. Turtwig ultimately gave Roark and his gym the work.

Outside of Eterna Forest after giving Team Galactic the business. Excited to see how this battle with Gardenia goes soon.

Team
Hippopotas
Trapinch
Turtwig/big EArTHa
Swinub/MamoShine
Rhyhorn
Nidoran-f/Kween Killah

Recently on SP
Got a Venomoth off GWS and bred it to get a lil Venonat. After farming Moon Stones for Nidoran, I flew to Pastoria where I’m just going to start back tracking to level up Venonat before heading to Lake Acuity.

Team
Drapion/B.R.A.
Roserade/RozÉ
Skuntank/KatPiss NC
Toxicroak/Toxic FIST
Gengar/lil Noxious
Venonat

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
With the Member Card release today I finally went out to catch those three mythical Pokémon. First I traveled to the white rock where Shaymin appeared. Followed it down the flower-filled path and challenged it to a battle. Managed to catch it in a nest ball. I decided at that point that I would catch the rest in unique balls. I then went to Canalave and took a nap. During my dreams I battled Darkrai. Once I woke I checked my PC boxes and found one that was caught in a level ball just sitting in Box 1 (weird). Feeling refreshed I climbed all the way to the top of Mt. Coronet. Played this flute I found in my room the other day and a magical staircase appeared. I climbed up the stairs and found Arceus. The Original One challenged me to a battle even though it knew that when we did this in the Hisuian past it was defeated. This time I captured it in a heavy ball in order to acknowledge the connection between the Sinnoh of today (technically ~23 years ago) and the Hisui of yesterday.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Following from my last post I finally got around to capturing a Drifloon for no real reason at all (Pokedex mainly in case I forget to beat all the trainers in the Hearthome gym) and progressed into Eterna Forest. Here I caught a Murkrow with Super Luck, for when I need to go hunting for a particular evolutionary item - this was harder than expected because Cheryl would not stop KOing the Murkrow, and they kept doing too much damage to Budew (who needed to be used so I could use Worry Seed to identify Murkrow's ability). Once this was done Magby got to go on a murder spree since everyone and their mother had a Bug type in this place, and quickly caught up to the same levels as Budew and Prinplup. Once in Eterna City I headed straight to the Grand Underground - I wanted to see what it was actually like (hint: it's awesome) and I also had three team members to catch!

First up was Titan the Rhyhorn, found in Spacious Cave if I recall correctly. She knew Crush Claw as her "special" move (was hoping for one of the biting moves but hey ho) and went in the ball pretty easily! Next was Virtue the Togepi, which was a fun one to capture because I had to use Worry Seed again to try and find one with Serene Grace. Luckily the first Togepi I found in Fountainspring Cave had that ability so it wasn't too bad - it came with Future Sight which was lame and quickly replaced with Shock Wave. Finally was Raijin the Elekid, who was a nightmare to find and capture. Dazzling Cave was not an easy place on the map to spot and when I did it took me nearly an hour to find one, and I couldn't even status it! Took ages to capture in a Poke Ball (I had no Great Balls on me, blame the Murkrow from before) but I caught one, with Fire Punch which was... eh, would've preferred Ice Punch but not the worst move.

Gardenia was actually a really easy gym battle despite being a bit under-levelled - Magby used Belly Drum and healed with an Oran Berry whilst Cherubi used Safeguard I think? Then +6 Flame Wheel go brrr. Jupiter was a bit tougher - Zubat got one-shot by Elekid's Shock Wave, but her Skuntank was faster than Rhyhorn even at -2 Speed and 3HKOed with Snarl. Togepi stepped in to KO with Shock Wave, a risky move but damnit I need it to gain some happiness ASAP! Once I got out and obtained the bike I saved, fun times.

Brilliant Diamond Team:
394.png
Royal the Prinplup, Level 22
Bubble Beam, Pluck, Work Up, Charm
315.png
Bandit the Roselia, Level 22
Grass Knot, Growth, Stun Spore, Poison Sting
240.png
Amaterasu the Magby, Level 21
Flame Wheel, Mach Punch, Belly Drum, Clear Smog
111.png
Titan the Rhyhorn, Level 20