• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon BDSP - Recent Happenings Thread

SoraFan23

Generation 4 was how I got into Pokémon
I beat Cynthia again and my goodness she kept wrecking me with her Garchomp spamming Earthquake and then by some dumb luck she got greedy and used Swords Dance like 3 times. My Empoleon was able to take it down with an Ice Beam, first using up the Berry that weakens the ice type move, and the 2nd time it actually made Garchomp faint. I never felt this much stress in a Pokemon game.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I’ve been soft resetting to encounter Shiny Arceus. Been doing it on and off since the event game out however this past 2 weeks been doing it hours on end with no luck

I've caught Uxie and Azelf (which mercifully didn't take as long as they have done in previous games), and I now have the National Pokédex. Time to start catching all the vast number of Pokémon that are now unlocked. I'm especially hoping for a Dome Fossil - I have multiple of all the other Kanto and Hoenn fossils, but I don't have a Dome yet, despite spending hours grinding in the Underground earlier.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Averaging about 3 hours a day resetting and that’s everyday, still no Shiny Arceus

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I finally had my Shiny Arceus encounter. Like every capture I wanted it in a Pokeball, however because of how long this took to get the encounter I tried for a long time to get it in the pokeball but had to give up and use my Master ball on it when it had 1 struggle left in it before knocking itself out.

Pokefan_1987

I hate the Rotom-Dex.
I finally had my Shiny Arceus encounter. Like every capture I wanted it in a Pokeball, however because of how long this took to get the encounter I tried for a long time to get it in the pokeball but had to give up and use my Master ball on it when it had 1 struggle left in it before knocking itself out.
That reminds me when i was capturing Tapu Fini, i was using a Paralyzis strategy and she exhausted most of her moves while i had my Tapu Bulu with Leftovers. Eventually she was stuck using struggle since she was unable to cast a new Aqua Ring (When i checked her she had nothing left except 5 Aqua Ring) but her previous ones never expired.

It was a slow battle of attrition and she broke more than 30 ultra balls. (I didn't have timer balls or even Dive Balls if those would work)
Only 1 other Pokemon that was even close to this was Entei in Omega Ruby but he didn't exhaust his moves or use Struggle.

~AussieWonder~

My gosh, I just hatched a shiny (modest) Piplup. Haha the funny thing is, I didn't even notice (initially), and then upon looking at its sprite, I was like "hmmm there's something a bit different about this one" upon which it clicked. Excited would be an absolute UNDERSTATEMENT - it's my first shiny starter.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
That reminds me when i was capturing Tapu Fini, i was using a Paralyzis strategy and she exhausted most of her moves while i had my Tapu Bulu with Leftovers. Eventually she was stuck using struggle since she was unable to cast a new Aqua Ring (When i checked her she had nothing left except 5 Aqua Ring) but her previous ones never expired.

It was a slow battle of attrition and she broke more than 30 ultra balls. (I didn't have timer balls or even Dive Balls if those would work)
Only 1 other Pokemon that was even close to this was Entei in Omega Ruby but he didn't exhaust his moves or use Struggle.
I see my legendaries using Struggle quite often as I only ever using a regular Pokeball to capture all of my Pokémon. But I wasn’t prepared to waste more months resetting for a shiny Arceus.

Pokefan_1987

I hate the Rotom-Dex.
I see my legendaries using Struggle quite often as I only ever using a regular Pokeball to capture all of my Pokémon. But I wasn’t prepared to waste more months resetting for a shiny Arceus.
That's quite a restriction for catching anything late in the game. Are you doing it as a challenge or just because you prefer how regular Pokeballs look?

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
That's quite a restriction for catching anything late in the game. Are you doing it as a challenge or just because you prefer how regular Pokeballs look?
I prefer the regular pokeball look, think the anime inspired me as aside from Totodile, Forretress and Corsola they were all caught in regular balls.

So i have always done that myself, never had an issue with it and adds it’s own twist to my game play. However after how long this shiny Arceus took to appear I caved and now hate myself for doing so haha

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
I finally dug enough Mysterious Shards in my Pearl game to catch everything in Ramanas Park. Finished up the park with Mewtwo. Now onto the 3 mythical Pokémon. I was going to attempt to shiny hunt them but I’m pretty burned out on BDSP so I think I’m scrapping that idea. Once I catch Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus I will be working on finishing the Sinnoh Pokédex in Home and winning some contest ribbons. I think once the Pokédex is complete and shiny Sceptile has the twinkling star ribbon I will close out my trek through Sinnoh and then return to PLA to shiny hunt and Shield to finish the 3 Galar Pokédex.

Commander L. Halsti

Toxin Squad Cmdr.
I've beaten the E4 and went through aqll the in-game areas. My team was Empoleon, Vespiquen, Rhydon, Machamp, Rotom, Jynx. Not having a Fairy move for Spiritomb, or a proper Grass type really made the E4 a hassle.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I’ve been hopping back & forth between BDSP & Legends lately finishing up every postgame activity (Home connectivity helps), & I think I’m just about done with both of them. All I have left to do is beat Cynthia in the second rematch & defeat Arceus in Legends, though I’m personally worried about both of them because of how tough they are

I was lucky enough to sweep Cynthia last time partly because I had Manaphy & Palkia on my team, and partly because I was expecting to face her post-Stark Mountain team when I actually fought her pre-Stark Mountain one, but now I know this is the real challenge

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I defeated the E4 in my main BP game and got the National Dex. The high level Groudon and Heatran I had transferred into the game really took care of them all. Had to use two or three Revives on those two but I had no real issues. Cynthia’s Spiritomb was KO by one Prepice Blades attack and Milotic was taken out quickly by a single Solar Beam.

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

I hate the Rotom-Dex.
I defeated the E4 in my main BP game and got the National Dex. The high level Groudon and Heatran I had transferred into the game really took care of them all. Had to use two or three Revives on those two but I had no real issues. Cynthia’s Spiritomb was KO by one Prepice Blades attack and Milotic was taken out quickly by a single Solar Beam.
Just be careful. All of the Gym Leaders have stronger teams. The E4 have stronger teams now and all of the E4 get a 2nd upgrade when you catch Heatran

gandhisahil131

I can do the pokerus just give me a little bit to move one over etc. I don't need anything in return they will get released anyways, but if you just have spare torchics I could take one lol what nature do you want Adamant?