• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon BDSP - Recent Happenings Thread

Picnicker

Alongside Cheryl, I went through Eterna Forest with my "this time" extended team (Monferno, Pachirisu and pink Shellos). Then, in Route 205, I fought these troublesome fishermen and won against their teams which included a bunch of Magikarp and one Goldeen. Useless to say Pachirisu helped me a lot here. Thank you, Pachirisu, for speeding it up all.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Finally managed to evolve my Enamour into a Roserade, as well as my Petrify into a Gengar. This actually marks the first time I've ever played the main story of any Pokémon with a Gengar!

I'm 4 badges in with 30 hours of playtime racked up, and I still haven't summoned Spiritomb. :(

Current Team:
394.png
Embrace, Lv. 34
407.png
Enamour, Lv. 34
094.png
Petrify, Lv. 34
355.png
Devour, Lv. 34
430.png
Annoy, Lv. 34

EDIT: I managed to evolve my Annoy! Yay! Still no Spiritomb, though...

Last edited:
Tried the league and got obliterated by Cynthia's Garchomp. The Elite Four was going pretty well and even her team up until Garchomp. I don't have any team members that can learn fairy moves though and once it set up a swords dance it just started sweeping, outspeeding every pokemon I had and defeating everything with a single move.

Gonna grind my team to level 80 before I try again.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Was really lucky to spot a lvl 55 Munchlax in a Spacious Cave area but it used Self Destruct :mad: It's another developer prank where a rare pokemon can use a unavoidable move similar to perish song

But i found lvl 55 a Togepi moments later with serene grace oh yes

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Was really lucky to spot a lvl 55 Munchlax in a Spacious Cave area but it used Self Destruct :mad: It's another developer prank where a rare pokemon can use a unavoidable move similar to perish song
I got lucky. I caught one that kept trying to use Last Resort and Belly Drum only when it’s HP was below the amount necessary to use the move. It also knows Flail and After You. I pretty much need to have the Move Rememberer teach it moves that are actually usable as only Belly Drum is actually good in battle.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I got a Shiny stone in Iron island, and evolved my Togepi into Togekiss <3
Soon I will go to the library in the Iron gym city to meet with Proff Rowan

Red and Blue

Well I just finished Victory Road and planning on facing the E4 and Cynthia tomorrow. I'd do it today but I'm too busy with Thanksgiving. My team is currently

1. Torterra: LV 64
2. Manaphy: LV 60
3. Toxicroak: LV 59
4. Togekiss: LV 61
5. Bronzong: LV 59
6. Rapidash: LV 59

Hopefully thats good enough for Cynthia!

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Took advantage of the TMs sold at the Velistone Department Store to give my team's move sets a much needed upgrade, also can now finally change into the Platinum outfit. Maylene went down without too much trouble, she ended up burning through her stock of Hyper Potions on Machoke while Roselia was blasting it with Dazzling Gleam. Following the Gym battle helped Lucas get back his Pokedex from Team Galactic and obtained TM Fly to use on the field, first order business is to return to Valley Windworks to register Drifloon on the Pokedex.

Current team:
Monferno (Sun Wukomg)
Staravia (Dagr)
Luxray (Simba)
Manaphy (Neptune)
Shellos (Katsuyu)
Roselia (Viridi)

In rotation:
Jirachi (Jinn)
Clefairy (Titania)

Sham

The Guardian of War
Kinda lost on what my 6th member should be. I have Togepi, Empoleon, Murkrow, Pachirisu and save for Munchlax. Considering Houdoom but I’m hoping for an Eevee trade for Leafeon.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
I just beat SP. Now I’m going through BD and SP and getting all the missing Pokémon.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Yesterday I took no chances with 7th gym, used YT vid to see correct path. No accidental soft lock here!

Found dawn stone and lucky egg. Decided the looming catastrophe wasnt important enough to deal with so I spammed vs seeker so I can ev train Riolu. Even tried the contests, those seem hard as I don't get the appeal factor that is required to win on poke ball and move.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I’ve literally almost copied Dawn’s team. Empoleon, Pachirisu, Togepi, Murkrow soon to be Munchlax (which May had) and now I’m probably gonna get Mamoswine since I need a powerhouse.

Damjean

I'm halfway trough by now. In my team there are 3 Pokémons i've never used before (I play since gen 1).

- Kricketune lvl 32
- Torterra lvl 39
- Electabuzz lvl 37
- Crobat lvl 38
- Jynx lvl 37

Electabuzz, Kricketune and Jynx are the ones that i've never used before. I'm really enjoying to use Kricketune, it is not the strongest but I really love his 3D design. In the future i'm going to replace Electabuzz. I just got not the right feeling with him. For who I don't know yet. And still don't know who my sixth team member will be. I'm thinking of Snubbul or Finneon. Also 2 Pokémons i've not used before.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Just beat Sunyshore gym, and now raising 2 teams to juggle in and out to pretend like I’m fighting in the Pokemon league in the anime and using reserves.

currently I have: Turtwig, Staraptor, Luxray, Floatzel, Magmortar, Drapion, Hippowdon, Garchomp, Piloswine, Lickitung

Want to evolve Piloswine and Lickitung before the league but need some heart scales to do it

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Defeated the E4 and Cynthia last night. Took me half an hour with Cynthia but I had 90 Revives and loads of Full Restores. I used the Revives to wear her Garchomp into wasting Earthquake’s PP and forcing it to only have Sword Dance and Dragon Claw. I took it out with one Roar of Time. Milotic I badly poisoned using Quagsire’s Toxic and it kept using Recover which just let the residual damage increase. It fainted right as I sent out Infernape. Jirachi and Dialga easily took care of Spiritomb with Flash Cannon and Meteor Mash.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Defeated the E4 and Cynthia last night. Took me half an hour with Cynthia but I had 90 Revives and loads of Full Restores. I used the Revives to wear her Garchomp into wasting Earthquake’s PP and forcing it to only have Sword Dance and Dragon Claw. I took it out with one Roar of Time. Milotic I badly poisoned using Quagsire’s Toxic and it kept using Recover which just let the residual damage increase. It fainted right as I sent out Infernape. Jirachi and Dialga easily took care of Spiritomb with Flash Cannon and Meteor Mash.
Is Cynthia strong as she was in the original DP?

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Is Cynthia strong as she was in the original DP?
Yes. I had a lv. 60 Infernape and Dialga at lv. 55 and Jirachi at Lv 53 and they all had trouble and kept being KO by Garchomp alone. I stocked up on Revives and Full Restores and it took so long and so many decoy Pokémon being revived and sent out until its best moves ran out of PP and it desperately used Swords Dance while Infernape acted like a target while I fully healed Dialga to take it out with a single Roar of Time. Fifteen minutes of just trying to take out Garchomp. Took ten for Milotic to finally faint from Toxic damage which was interesting as Cynthia didn’t even use a single Full Restore on it and it mostly used Recover and Ice Beam on my Water Absorb Quagsire. I just kept using Haze until Quagsire was KO by an Ice Beam which was when Milotic was still in the yellow zone and then Toxic made it faint because twelve turns had passed by.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
Heracross can only be found at a rare Honey Tree. Your game will assign four Honey Trees as rare, but they are randomized. Heracross and Munchlax are far too rare to determine if a Honey Tree is rare. Instead, if the Honey Tree yields Silcoon (in Brilliant Diamond) or Cascoon (in Shining Pearl), you can eliminate that Honey Tree from your routine--only common Honey Trees yield them, and those trees will never produce for you Heracross. (Or Munchlax.)
Yeah, it's unfortunate that rare tree's still have a really similar encounter pool. I was able to get a Heracross on my next round, which is good. I've only seen one Silcoon from the honey tree's so I haven't gotten to eliminate much. I'm hoping The Cave of the Dragonfly updates their honey tree finder to tell you which specific one's are rare trees. I'd like to get my Munchlax from a honey tree if I can.

Ophie: For the record, this was the rate that you'd get BP in the original Sinnoh games. It was slow and incredibly annoying. They had been increasing the BP earned each passing generation while decreasing the prices of the items (albeit it peaked at the Battle Tree in Alola; the Galar Battle Tower's payout is a bit lower), so by comparison, this might feel like a terrible slog.
The grind was serious back then. Good things come to those who wait.

I'm probably one of the few that doesn't mind how this Battle Tower does it. Make's the grind a little more exciting knowing that you have to do it through completion without error. Definitely can be frustrating though. At the very least, after the first battle with Palmer, you're BP amount goes up each set (4, 5, 6, etc) (or at least it did in the originals).

As for updates:

Made it all the way to Snowpoint after really taking my time with berries and catching pokemon. The route 216/217 and Snowpoint music is just phenominal. Snowpoint is gorgeous at night too, they did a really good job with the snow and lighting.

Team at the moment is Torterra, Staraptor, Floatzel, Magnezone, Gabite, Lucario

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I've started Shining Pearl again, this time with Turtwig as my starter, and it's been going a lot better than my first try. Roark only took one attempt this time, I set up some Withdraws on the first few turns and then Razor Leafed everything to death. I've just got my second gym badge and my team consists of Grotle, Luxio, Staravia, Ponyta and Buizel, but I've decided that Staravia is only going to be a temporary team member until I can get Drifloon. So far I've been enjoying the game just fine, some of the routes are a bit overly long and hard to navigate, but all of the trainer battles are easy enough and Cheryl was a nice help in Eterna Forest. I am starting to miss EXP Candies though (unless they're in the game and I haven't figured out how you get them yet), because Ponyta and Buizel are both a solid six levels below the rest of the team and levelling up through battle only does so much.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Just defeated Gardenia in SP. Jirachi was pretty helpful at getting Roseade down to about half health and Misdreavus brought into the red with a single Confusion before a Petal Blizzard KO it. From there Staravia just had to use a single Wing Attack. I plan on going to the Old Chateau to catch a Gastly and level it up while it travels with me until I can face Fantina.