• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon BDSP - Recent Happenings Thread

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Defeated Roark not too long ago and obtained the Coal Badge, for now the full party Exp Share isn’t too broken with my levels roughly on par with his when I fought him. Unlocked Mystery Gift early so I can redeem the Manaphy egg, having the pedometer app in the Poketch makes it easy to keep track of the steps needed to hatch it. Also picked up Jirachi and currently at Valley Windworks to obtain the remaining member (Shellos) for my rotational team.

Edit: Make that my second-to-last member, still have the Clefairy line to go.

Last edited:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
So my nickname theme this time around is Verbs. All Pokémon are named after a verb that well describes them, at least in my eyes. So far, my team includes:

- Embrace (Prinplup) - Lv. 23
- Enamour (Budew) - Lv. 22
- Enrapture (Roselia) - Lv. 27
- Annoy (Murkrow) - Lv. 23
- Regurgitate (Lickitung) - Lv. 25

This team will definitely not remain this way for long. lol

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Defeated Roark not too long ago and obtained the Coal Badge, for now the full party Exp Share isn’t too broken with my levels roughly on par with his when I fought him.
I underestimated him.

My Chimchar, Bidoof and Zubat had fallen to Geodude with Rolllout Chimchar only had power-up punch and zubat had absorb. When Onix my shinx was doing chip damage on onix. After he used a super potion on onix and several binds later...while i was used bite with shinx and potions myself the snake faints.

But then his stone dinosaur cranidos i forgot about comes in and headbutted my last pokemon.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
One of the few buneary encounters there had ice punch. Havent done a proper ev training until I get desired ones and unlock the areas. Gonna be 2 or 3 days there...

I named Barry Baril as a French word pun.

Kaddy2009

Heading towards Veilstone City! I'm really enjoying these games so far!
My current team is:
Prinlup
Kadabra
Luxio
Staravia
Ponyta
Clefairy (might switch it for a Skitty)

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
Pokémon permanently banned from my playthroughs of BDSP

Chatot
Glameow
Purugly
Finneon
Lumineon
Carnivine
Bidoof
Bibarel
Kricketot
Kricketune
Combee
Vespiquen
Burmy
Wormadam
Mothim
Cherubi
Cherrim
Geodude
Graveler
Golem
Goldeen
Seaking
Mantyke
Mantine
Unown
Wingull
Pelipper
Mime Jr.
Mr. Mime
Aipom
Ambipom

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I finally got my Budew to like me, and she evolved. My team has been greatly reduced now, and I'm hoping to add Spiritomb in the coming days.

Current Team:
- Embrace (Prinplup), Lv. 24
- Enamour (Roselia), Lv. 24
- Annoy (Murkrow), Lv. 24

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Decided to go on a solo pokemon run through Diamond using Chimchar. Session one ended in Floaroma after sweeping Roark with ease. Session two is going well so far, encountered a shiny Zubat in eastern entrance to Wayward Cave. Caught and boxed it. Currently at level 28. Died once so far and that was in Eterna Forest when partnered with Cheryl. Had a close call or two since that... But going well so far!

Rapiido

Day 2 playing the game, found a random shiny Bibarel in the Great Marsh while doing regular gameplay!

....in the Great Marsh. So... naturally it fled.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Defeated Roark not too long ago and obtained the Coal Badge, for now the full party Exp Share isn’t too broken with my levels roughly on par with his when I fought him. Unlocked Mystery Gift early so I can redeem the Manaphy egg, having the pedometer app in the Poketch makes it easy to keep track of the steps needed to hatch it. Also picked up Jirachi and currently at Valley Windworks to obtain the remaining member (Shellos) for my rotational team.
The EXP Share seems to be different here than in Sword and Shield. Each Pokémon gets less EXP than they used to, so while everyone gets EXP, the leveling seems to be at about the same rate as the original games.

Day 2 playing the game, found a random shiny Bibarel in the Great Marsh while doing regular gameplay!

....in the Great Marsh. So... naturally it fled.
The first time I played this game in the evening, I encountered a shiny Geodude and almost ran because I thought it was the evening light making it look orange.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I'm rather happy the EXP share doesn't shut off. It makes things easier to handle for wild Pokemon and trainers. Apparently when the difficulty jumps up, you'll be happy it's there.

aliciarune

I'm rather happy the EXP share doesn't shut off. It makes things easier to handle for wild Pokemon and trainers. Apparently when the difficulty jumps up, you'll be happy it's there.
And for those who don't like it, they can put all the pokemon they don't want to train yet back into storage while training one of their pokemon without needing to go back to the healing center. It's a bit tedious, but at the same time a nice thing to have. It

Also, it does seem the EXP share is better balanced

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
After flipping a coin, I decided to catch another Budew and found one with a better nature. I also managed to level up my Kricketot and evolved into a Kricketune, as well as teach it Rock Smash to survive against Roark

Continuing the trend from my SWSH & Y playthroughs, I’ve been nicknaming all of my pokémon after Japanese athletes &/or stuff related to sports
  • Megumi (Chimchar)♀ lv. 10
  • Hiromi (Kricketune)♀ lv. 10
  • Mirai (Budew) ♀ lv. 10

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
My team at the moment:

Timid Empoleon
Adamant Staraptor
Adamant Luxray
Modest Roselia
Adamant Piloswine
Timid Magmar

Got a Magmorizer ready for my Magmar. Still looking for a Shiny Stone.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I just got through Eterna Forest, but I traced my steps back to grow out an Oran Berry tree.

I'll probably do second gym stuff tomorrow.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
so i messed up just now, put gligar into the team and forgot that i plan to put specific EVs, not than many battles were done but now i need to find EV lowering berries...

So, my team turned out to be a bit different than I had planned after finding out Tangela and Eevee are postgame only and I didn't feel like using Gastrodon. I still want to use Pokémon I've never or barely used before.

Current team is Monferno, Murkrow, Magneton, Finneon and Gligar. Hoping to add Carnivine to it as well.

Just reached Veilstone, checked out the clothes shop and decided the most expensive one is my fave so I'll be saving for that now. Haven't tackled the 3rd gym yet though, instead went to the route to the south.

I also love the underground as everyone else seems to do. Probably my favorite side activity in a pokemon game since, well, the original underground. I'll try out contests later but I wasn't really interested in them in gen 3 and 4 nor in the gen 3 remakes so I'll see how that goes.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I got my copy of Shining Pearl on Friday, and played through some if the early game yesterday with Piplup as my starter, and Starly and Budew as my other team members. Bude is actually pretty useful with Stun Spore and the Poison Point ability.
Then I got to Roark. Lost FIVE times in a row. Deleted the save file and now I'm leaving it for a few days until I try again with Turtwig as my starter. I've played the original Diamond, Pearl and Platinum, and I never remember Roark being as difficult as he is now. That Cranidos is just disgustingly hard for early game.

Xionea

Half a centaur
Doing a nuzlocke run for my first time through this game. I only just lost my first Pokemon almost 7 gyms in (RIP Rapidash, lost to a OHKO Mirror Coat from a Lopunny).
I'm genuinely surprised with the move sets these trainers have for their Pokemon! For example, the two kids with the Abra in the Trainer School having Charge Beam nearly ruined my run at the beginning, and most of the gym leaders' ace Pokemon make me sweat and make me have to really plan out my actions.
The EXP Share feels very balanced, which is greatly appreciated cause I didn't want it to be too easy, but not so annoying where I have to train one Pokemon for hours.
Current team:
  1. Empoleon (Petra)
  2. Girafarig (Yoko)
  3. Scizor (Edward)
  4. Shiny Golem (Auric)
  5. Honchkrow (Pepper)
  6. Snover (Mint)
Been very fun playing through so far. Looking forward to finishing the main story hopefully tomorrow and seeing the post-game stuff and messing around in the grand underground more (I'm surprised at how addicting that is).