• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon BDSP - Recent Happenings Thread

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I recently did the Mira sidequest, and now my party has early Lv 20s Pokemon.

Xionea

Half a centaur
The Rise and Fall of My Confidence: A Nuzlocke Tale
My team:
  1. Pepper the Honchkrow
  2. Petra the Empoleon
  3. Cinnamon the Hippowdon
  4. Edward the Scizor
  5. Theo the Dialga
  6. Yoko the Girafarig
I entered the Elite 4 with mighty confidence, I had only lost 2 Pokemon the entire journey: Sunbeam the Rapidash who lost to a Mirror Coat Lopunny, and Auric the shiny Golem who lost to Volkner's Raichu with Surf coverage. My team felt balanced and well leveled.
Aaron offers a small scare, his Heracross having a rock move, nearly taking out Pepper, but it was not enough to break me, I win the battle with no losses. Bertha, however, offered to make my Nuzlocke more challenging, her Golem OHKOing my starter, Petra, after surviving her Surf with Sturdy. Perhaps this was the Nuzlocke's symbolism for offering me a shiny Pokemon, only to have the same Pokemon take my starter from me. Gold is often synonymous with alchemy, I sacrificed my starter for fool's gold, you could say.
My confidence wavering after losing the partner who has been with me through thick and thin, I make my way to Flint, my water Pokemon now gone. Flint sends in his Drifblim, who begins to set up Minimize and then Baton Passes it to Lopunny. The Elite 4 clearly wants me to battle my demons, it seems. The Lopunny, now hopped up on maxed Evasion, lands every single Hi Jump Kick it has in its disposal, threatening me with death at every kick. Pepper manages to take Lopunny out, and eventually Flint falls.
Lucian follows up, but Edward sets up Swords Dance and wipes his entire team with little issue. Only Cynthia remains, a 5v6.

Cynthia opens up with Spiritomb, and me with Theo. Spiritomb's Dark Pulse does a concerning amount of damage, Theo not doing enough. I grow increasingly worried, knowing that Cynthia is a run killer in the original games. Surprisingly, she decides to switch to Lucario. I switch, knowing Theo doesn't stand a chance, but Lucario is strong, able to easily kill anyone on my team in two hits with Aura Sphere. I decide to PP stall with Edward, hoping she runs out of Aura Sphere so I can make my comeback. Eventually, the Lucario throws out a Dragon Pulse, it doesn't do much to Edward. Now's my chance! I quickly choose Swords Dance, ready to set up for a sweep. However, Cynthia knew I was trying to PP stall her, and she saved an Aura Sphere in reserve, killing Edward while I sit there dumbfounded. I was tricked! I bring out Pepper, but she switches back to Spiritomb. Worried that it might have Ancient Power, I switch back to Theo, who finally fell to the Spiritomb after some stalling. I switch in Yoko to finish off the weakened Spiritomb. It's a 3v5 now.
Cynthia brings in Milotic, I keep Yoko in, knowing that her Thunderbolt is my only chance. Milotic uses Scald, burning me in the process, my Thunderbolt does about 1/3rd. The Milotic burns itself with a Flame Orb; she has Marvel Scale on it, I realize. The Milotic tries to Mirror Coat me while I heal up, then uses Recover while I take the opportunity to heal the remaining survivors. The Milotic Scalds me again, doing less than half. But that was a low roll, as another Scald took out Yoko, leaving the Milotic weak. Pepper comes in once again and finishes it off. 2v4. My confidence is plummeting by the second.
She throws in Roserade, I throw out a Wing Attack, knowing that was the best chance to OHKO it, at the risk of Roserade maybe having Poison Point. She unleashes a Dazzling Gleam on me first, nearing killing Pepper, my Wing Attack just barely not doing it. Knowing healing or switching to Cinnamon is a lost cause, I decide to pray for Pepper's friendship keeping her alive. Roserade attacks.... And Pepper toughs it out! She finishes off Roserade, then Cynthia sends in Gastrodon. I quickly heal, and Gastrodon's Rock Tomb surprisingly doesn't do much. Pepper takes out Gastrodon. Cynthia sends in Lucario, but I outspeed it and knock it out! It's a 2v1 now! It's looking hopeful!
Cynthia finally sends in her Garchomp, and I decide to switch in to Cinnamon to heal Pepper, knowing Cinnamon will not stand a chance. Unfortunately, Garchomp sets up a Swords Dance, then takes out Cinnamon before I had a chance to Fire Fang for the burn. Pepper is the final Pokemon alive, against Cynthia's final Pokemon, Garchomp. Garchomp, faster than me, goes for a Dragon Claw. It would have OHKO'd, had it not been for Pepper toughing it out once again! This is my only chance! Pepper attacks with a boosted Night Slash, the strongest attack I could do, which takes out half of Garchomp's HP.... And then it's Rough Skin activated... Pepper, who hung on for dear life two times against Cynthia, could not handle it and finally fell.

The Nuzlocke... ends in failure on Cynthia's last Pokemon.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I got the Manaphy egg just to make sure I don't lose it, but I'm not sure when would be the best time to add it to my team since I don't want my playthrough to be overpowered too soon (and I'm trying to figure out where getting the egg would make the most sense story/in-universe wise). I'm debating on either adding it now (before Floaroma Town) and make it seem like a prize from Jubilife City, or waiting to add it in Hearthome City in place of the Happiny egg.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Okay so just started playing and I got a female Piplup (yes!) and I’m shocked that trainer kid in the Pokémon School has a Abra that knows Chargebeam wtf

nel3

Crimson Dragon
how infuriating... havent beaten Fantina out of choice so trying to get a team together. spent way too much time in dazzling cave to get 70 EVs to ralts the slow old way. got fed up and beat up and harrassed 2 old people for all their savings with the vs seeker trainer rematch function. easy 8, 12 or 20k each time. bought vitamins to get me very close to finish but since i dont have surf yet and its night ie 5% chance for mime jr, i cant get a measly 4 SDF evs there. i got some speed, SPA SDF DF evs to assign it and i played the game too long for today. my patience for the day is done, gonna try morning for mime jr. still trying to find froslass but did get a female snowrunt. not looking forward to that small % spawn rate.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
currently rolling with Pachirisu and Prinplup and wondering how I’m going to handle Gardenia

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Is it me, or are there few to no people in Grand Underground with the alternate outfits? I haven't seen any, in any case. Or does the game just not load their outfits? They load their hair colors and skintones...

Because I have to say, they all look great, both the boy's and the girl's clothes. It'd be neat to see more than just Dawn and Lucas clones.

ebevan91

Currently on the way to Celestic Town but man it has been confusing playing this because I've only ever played Platinum and not DP so sometimes I'm like "I swear there used to be a _______ on this route" and realize I'm not playing Platinum anymore lol. That, or trying to figure out why I couldn't battle Fantina yet.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Is it me, or are there few to no people in Grand Underground with the alternate outfits? I haven't seen any, in any case. Or does the game just not load their outfits? They load their hair colors and skintones...

Because I have to say, they all look great, both the boy's and the girl's clothes. It'd be neat to see more than just Dawn and Lucas clones.
I use Dawn's Platinum outfit.. Its just so iconic and beautiful. I dont use customization.
Anyway, I havent played in 2 days =/
Ive been busy with work. I need to get back to it soon :/

aliciarune

I gotta say, being able to walk with my Pokemon is really nice. I can see they put a lot of detail into this gameplay element and proof of this is shown with my Turtwig. She walks very slow compared to my other Pokemon, and while a little annoying, I find it mostly charming and cute. I mean, my Turtwig (who is in her second form), is super cute walking so slow. I know this is a weird thing to say, but its true. My other three move faster and I love how they move too. Yeah, it can be a bit tedious waiting for Turtwig, but I am grateful for them putting this in. This is why I don't believe these games are just lazy remakes. Not only can we walk with Pokemon again (which people have wanted back), but the creators have put time into how each pokemon moves. Yeah, I know it's not perfect and some scaling is off, but I really think those hating on these games should maybe see that they due have charm to them. Yeah, I wish the remakes were more interesting, but they are not horrible.

Ps-I am surprised no one has really mentioned being able to walk with your pokemon. It's a feature that many players have wanted back and they have done a pretty good job with it.

Anyway, I am still having fun so far. It's going slow cause I'm playing some other games, but hopefully I can get father this week.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I gotta say, being able to walk with my Pokemon is really nice. I can see they put a lot of detail into this gameplay element and proof of this is shown with my Turtwig. She walks very slow compared to my other Pokemon, and while a little annoying, I find it mostly charming and cute. I mean, my Turtwig (who is in her second form), is super cute walking so slow. I know this is a weird thing to say, but its true. My other three move faster and I love how they move too. Yeah, it can be a bit tedious waiting for Turtwig, but I am grateful for them putting this in. This is why I don't believe these games are just lazy remakes. Not only can we walk with Pokemon again (which people have wanted back), but the creators have put time into how each pokemon moves. Yeah, I know it's not perfect and some scaling is off, but I really think those hating on these games should maybe see that they due have charm to them. Yeah, I wish the remakes were more interesting, but they are not horrible.

Ps-I am surprised no one has really mentioned being able to walk with your pokemon. It's a feature that many players have wanted back and they have done a pretty good job with it.

Anyway, I am still having fun so far. It's going slow cause I'm playing some other games, but hopefully I can get father this week.
I aso noticed you cant go underground when you are on a bridge. Its a nice detail

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Facing Candice now. Grand Underground has been a treat with new additions to the team. Clocked in at 42:00 hours.

1wzi7kY.png
♀ — Lv. 46
JPEm9mh.png
♀ — Lv. 46
1EmXEcc.png
♂ — Lv. 46
othfIaa.png
♂ — Lv. 46
ZAgkr9D.png
♂ — Lv. 46
lNUYb4G.png
♂ — Lv. 46

On rotation:

ZqxB4yp.png
♀ — Lv. 40
3YVvlfP.png
♀ — Lv. 44
5k7p2Gp.png
♀ — Lv. 47

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
I beat Cynthia by the skin of my teeth. Now I’m beginning my SP playthrough.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I am so livid.

Before I got the Odd Keystone, I couldn't stop running into NPC trainers. Now they're nowhere to be found. :mad:

UPDATE: I have just found an NPC trainer, and I decided to talk to her 10 times. It works! :D

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Just got through Volkner yesterday and all of mine are approximately in their 40's or late 30's. I'm gonna grind so i don't get wiped out early.

Does anyone know where the move tutor that can teach Ice Punch can be found? I want to teach my Lucario that move so it can handle Cynthia's Garchomp.

Mega Gobli

The Best
I got my sweet revenge on Cynthia and her annoying all-coverage team. Used my Dracula (Crobat) to badly poison her pokemon and deal with her many full restores. Mvp goes to Gardevoir, who took down most of her team. Oh that win felt so good!

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
Just got through Volkner yesterday and all of mine are approximately in their 40's or late 30's. I'm gonna grind so i don't get wiped out early.

Does anyone know where the move tutor that can teach Ice Punch can be found? I want to teach my Lucario that move so it can handle Cynthia's Garchomp.
The only move tutors in BDSP that I know about are the ones for Blast Burn, Frenzy Plant, Hydro Cannon and Draco Meteor.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

Shouldn’t he be easy to beat though since he has an Ambipom & Octillery?