• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon BDSP - Recent Happenings Thread

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
After exchanging 5 KO's with Cynthia...

"The opposing Garchomp used Earthquake!"
"Ulysses (Empoleon) toughed it out to so you wouldn't feel sad!"
"The opposing Garchomp fainted!"

Survived with luck on 1 HP. Fantastic challenge as always. Can't wait what the post-game with even smarter AI has in store. Onto the next adventure!

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I found something funny in the game. If you have a spare surf move you can teach it to Pichu. That way you can get a surfing pikachu into the game. This is something pikachu has only been able to learn through a very obscure minigame in the past but now he can use Surf on enemies weak to water.

This is a nice continuation acknowledgement of surfing pikachu and alolan raichu's psychic surfing.

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Surfing Pikachu has been a thing since Pokemon Yellow, where using him in Stadium allows you to get Surfing Pikachu in that game.
Surfing Pichu has been obtainable in Pokemon Box: Ruby and Sapphire.
In fourth gen, you could when a Surfing Pikachu in Pokemon Battle Revolution, as well as the Pikachu event for the Pokewalker.
In the seventh gen, you could win a Surfing Pikachu by beating all high score in Mantine Surf.
In eighth gen, you could just simply teach the Pikachu family Surf without issue.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Surfing Pikachu has been a thing since Pokemon Yellow, where using him in Stadium allows you to get Surfing Pikachu in that game.
Surfing Pichu has been obtainable in Pokemon Box: Ruby and Sapphire.
In fourth gen, you could when a Surfing Pikachu in Pokemon Battle Revolution, as well as the Pikachu event for the Pokewalker.
In the seventh gen, you could win a Surfing Pikachu by beating all high score in Mantine Surf.
In eighth gen, you could just simply teach the Pikachu family Surf without issue.
Still Brilliant Diamond i was just scanning my items and thats what i noticed. I never memorized the other games. I was never fond of Mantine Surf.
I don't remember the other games.

Picnicker

I defeated Roark in 'Shining Pearl' and got my first gym badge, thanks to Monferno, which at the moment is the only member of my team.

Not sure if I posted this yet because of the connection issues I was having before.

Leyton

New game means a new thread for Recent Happenings.

Per 'da rules set out by Wulava
  • Do not spam. Avoid posting consecutively. This isn't your personal status feed.
  • Do not ask questions here. We have a dedicated thread for that HERE.
  • Each post must contain 3 sentences or more. Don’t just post “Did 10 Raids.” or "Caught a shiny Pincurchin. haha."
  • Follow the rules. Ignorance may result to your post being deleted or infractions.
Just a heads-up: The dedicated help thread linked to in this post is the help thread for SwSh, not the BDSP one.

(I clicked on it to ask a question about BDSP but was confused about some of the talk going on there, then realised it was the SwSh one. Thought I should mention it just in case. :) )

Sham

The Guardian of War
I’m trying to capture a Munchlax but having no luck so far sadly

Autobot N

Holy crap Cynthia is hard. I don't have Electric STAB so her Milotic was literally invincible (it's not like Torterra was gonna survive long enough to kill it with Razor Leaf). The only reason I'm even gonna beat it is because it literally ran out of Scalds and Ice Beams after Azumarill ate like 50 of them. Easily the MVP of the battle so far

UPDATE: Azumarill is the unquestioned MVP, she took a Poison Jab from Garchomp (which I was not expecting her to do) and took a chunk out of it with Play Rough, which enabled Ursaring to finish the job

Last edited:

Sham

The Guardian of War
Perhaps it’s time to start boxing Pokémon. I was levels ahead of Barry in a rival battle in Hearthome and basically one shotted his team.

TheRevived1

I pretty much ran through all the gym leaders due to having Mew, Jirachi, and Manaphy stupid early. I hate Manaphy's nature (Adamant) but it's still eating 'mons alive with Tail Glow.

My team has a major weakness in Ground-types but Manaphy takes care of that. Now I'm on my way to the E4. Everyone on the team is at least Lv. 50.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Did my rotation before work of honey trees - I'm probably 50 in and still no Heracross. Slowly starting my berry planting - though I'm frustrated with how long it takes to water berries compared to the originals, and you can't slide to cover more berry patches.
Heracross can only be found at a rare Honey Tree. Your game will assign four Honey Trees as rare, but they are randomized. Heracross and Munchlax are far too rare to determine if a Honey Tree is rare. Instead, if the Honey Tree yields Silcoon (in Brilliant Diamond) or Cascoon (in Shining Pearl), you can eliminate that Honey Tree from your routine--only common Honey Trees yield them, and those trees will never produce for you Heracross. (Or Munchlax.)

I definitely concur with how oddly slow it is to water berry plants in this game though. Your character won't stop until you press B or a direction besides up, and it takes a second to register that.

I understand that they’d want you to earn the bp, but I think it wasn’t this hard and annoying in other games. Hm, maybe I just need to balance my teams. I used Staraptor, Empoleon and Gardevoir, the best I have atm. Earning more bp was essier in XY. Now you get 3 for 7 battles, 20 if you manage to beat Tycoon. :/
For the record, this was the rate that you'd get BP in the original Sinnoh games. It was slow and incredibly annoying. They had been increasing the BP earned each passing generation while decreasing the prices of the items (albeit it peaked at the Battle Tree in Alola; the Galar Battle Tower's payout is a bit lower), so by comparison, this might feel like a terrible slog.

Who’s Leticia?
One of the NPCs in the Grand Underground.

TheRevived1

For the record, this was the rate that you'd get BP in the original Sinnoh games. It was slow and incredibly annoying. They had been increasing the BP earned each passing generation while decreasing the prices of the items (albeit it peaked at the Battle Tree in Alola; the Galar Battle Tower's payout is a bit lower), so by comparison, this might feel like a terrible slog.
The grind was serious back then. Good things come to those who wait.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
So I had my a** handed to me by Crasher Wake's Gyarados. Mind you, my team is all over Lv. 30.

It was the Ice Fang that did it. I did not see that coming at all. My poor Enamour got ate up like a basket of fruit.

Current Team:
394.png
Embrace, Lv. 32
407.png
Enamour, Lv. 31
093.png
Petrify, Lv. 31
355.png
Devour, Lv. 32
198.png
Annoy, Lv. 31

Last edited:

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
Heracross can only be found at a rare Honey Tree. Your game will assign four Honey Trees as rare, but they are randomized. Heracross and Munchlax are far too rare to determine if a Honey Tree is rare. Instead, if the Honey Tree yields Silcoon (in Brilliant Diamond) or Cascoon (in Shining Pearl), you can eliminate that Honey Tree from your routine--only common Honey Trees yield them, and those trees will never produce for you Heracross. (Or Munchlax.)

I definitely concur with how oddly slow it is to water berry plants in this game though. Your character won't stop until you press B or a direction besides up, and it takes a second to register that.

One of the NPCs in the Grand Underground.
According to the main site, Silcoon and Cascoon are not version exclusives in the original games or BDSP.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Just finished battling Team Galactic at the Valley Windworks. It was easy for the most part, but Mars's Purugly was still a bit of a challenge, & I didn't expect her Zubat to know U-Turn. The hardest part was trying to keep my pokemon from being overleveled for Purugly since they were all between levels 15-16.

Right now, I'm finishing up growing berries & I slathered honey on three trees to see what I'd get. I don't want to add another member to my team or reserves yet, but I think I may have to so I don't end up sweeping Gardenia.

Current Team:
  • Megumi (Monferno)- lv. 17
  • Hiromi (Kricketune)- lv. 16
  • Mirai (Budew)- lv. 16
  • Manaphy Egg

Sham

The Guardian of War
I low key want to get a Rampardos but probably not for the pettiest reason. Half of my Pokémon are blue. Murkrow, Pachirisu and Prinplup. About to face Maylene. Hoping to get a Munchlax and Togepi soon. That being said I hate rotations and it’s sad we have to do that because of that exp share being baked in.

Tepig Pignite Emboar 969

So I just beat the Pokémon League in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and I just wanted to share my own thoughts on these remakes.

These remakes are great remakes and aren't lazy at all. I really think those who called these games lazy weren't paying attention. I believe the chibi overworld stuff is alright and not bad at all either. And for those of you that say the games are easy, they aren't at all. My Pokémon team were each about 10 levels higher than the Pokémon League's Pokémon teams. They were a hard time to defeat them and I still lost to Cynthia's Garchomp the first time I battled her. Then in the second time I battled Cynthia, I defeated her. So no, these games are NOT EASY, at least compared to some of the other new Pokémon games.

So yeah, I have enjoyed these remakes for what they are. These are faithful remakes like Gamefreak said and I saw the reviews and they were good reviews from what I have seen, so I don't understand why some people hate these games as much as some of the other new Pokémon games.

So what do you think of my thoughts of Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl? Let me know if you liked my thoughts on these games or not, but if you say that my thoughts on these games suck, are stupid or say anything like that, you will be reported.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
According to the main site, Silcoon and Cascoon are not version exclusives in the original games or BDSP.
They are actually in a really odd situation. Wurmple isn’t version exclusive but both evolution branches are version exclusive in the wild but Wurmple can still evolve into either at random. It’s sort of like the Mr Mime and Sudowoodo situation in the original games where they were version exclusives in the wild but their Baby forms are found in the wild in both versions.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Maylene kicked my butt twice. The fact that Lucario had Screech, Bulk Up and Drain Punch was wild. Now off to Pastoria with my new Togepi

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Started the journey to Snowpoint last night. Got halfway there, reaching the house before I fell asleep... So on waking, had to fly to Berry patches for watering and now I'll have to re cover that first half again. Least the trainers are beaten. Decided my Infernape is going to be properly trained before hitting up the league. The extra boost will probably be needed to overcome my single pokemon handicap. But so far, going well.