• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon BDSP - Recent Happenings Thread

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I’ve been saving my Home Points for this particular reason. I don’t want to be stuck in the grind when I don’t have to be. I have 25k+ points saved so far which is about 830 BP. I also can wait until some of my battlers can be transferred in and out of the game and back to Sword/Shield. Getting re-established in the new game is way too much work for me.
Huh, that's a good point. Personally, since there is still at minimum another two months before that (and by then, I'll be playing Legends: Arceus on top of that, I'd like to begin sooner than later.

But I hadn't really thought of that. I hope they can be brought over. I don't know how many points I have, just that I feel like I don't have as many as I'd like. I have plenty for Pokémon Bank though. But certainly, I don't need any extra for the Galar games; I currently have about 1,400 BP accumulated both from the Battle Tower and from event rewards (Ranked battles, Wi-Fi events).

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I’ve been using the same IV bred Pokémon since Generation IV. I’ll update movesets as I transfer up but I make zero effort to breed—for example—a Gyarados when the one I bred in HeartGold works for me. I don’t do too much with official formats so really no reason to do so. But until I know how transfer works once Home is updated I am content just waiting to tackle the Battle Tower and the rematches.
yeah, most of my team is 95% the same but i have evolved 1 or 2 variants on move sets, mostly replacing 1 move for better coverage. if its in the game, i WILL try to imitate it as best as possible. are they outdated or not competitively viable?? PPTHHH. dont care if they dont make the top ranking team in competitions. just pick the ones i like and run with it.

did some money farming and vitamin training. got froslass and togekiss trained up. not ideal natures but Home update will fix that. might need to redo Gardevoir again as its in normal pokeball and not nest or friend ball. friend is better than nest or moon ball. need the other balls ie dive, luxury more nest and more in general as dialga fight wiped out a decent chunk of stock.

im about ready to make my way towards the 8th gym location as im still missing Flygon, Arcanine and bellossom... my spares from previous games will be useful later on.

Last edited:

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Well, found some heart scales and taught Mamoswine Ancient Power and Lickitung Rollout, we trained some more as a team and they both evolved.
We will continue to train down in the Grand Underground before making our way to the Pokemon League!
Turtwig, staraptor, Floatzel, Magmortar, Luxray, Hippowdon, Drapion, Garchomp, Mamoswine and Lickilicki will be ready to take down the E4 and champion!

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
Unfortunately, that slow grind means it's awfully hard to get myself started and established. For instance, I'll need 60 BP to get the six Power Items in order to begin EV training for real, let alone the cost of various TMs and possibly Ability Patches (200 BP each) if it turns out there is no other reliable way to get particular Hidden Abilities.

I hope there will be events where participating earns you BP like in Sword and Shield.

I’ve been saving my Home Points for this particular reason. I don’t want to be stuck in the grind when I don’t have to be. I have 25k+ points saved so far which is about 830 BP. I also can wait until some of my battlers can be transferred in and out of the game and back to Sword/Shield. Getting re-established in the new game is way too much work for me.

Looks like Det. Viper beat me to it, but I was gonna say hopefully they let us use our Home points and convert them into BP once the update rolls around. But yeah, it's definitely not perfect. And it's tedious that's for sure. I'm fortunate that my friend group also crowdsources between us until everyone is established.

Anyway, update time:

I think where I last left off post wise was just getting to Snowpoint. I beat Candice and made my way to the Lake, and then the Galactic Warehouse, trouncing the grunts as I went. I loved my climb up Spear Pillar, especially the outdoor snow covered portions; they looked great at night and the music was just *chef kiss*.

The cutscene on the Spear Pillar was great too. Very true to the original with adding just enough to give you a better idea of what was going on in the originals. Having access to the boxes was great as I could quickly get my synchronizer out and not have to lug it with me. I went with a Modest Dialga with an IV spread of 31/22/10/31/31/0. While I prefer something like a choice scarf or choice specs, or even Adamant orb offensive Dialga, 0 speed is too hard to pass up since it provides a perfect option for trick room sets.

Made my way to Sunyshore before exploring the new area of the Grand Underground. Much to my surprise, I found not one but two Helix fossils. From my understanding, these are't supposed to be available until the National Dex is unlocked. Unfortunately because of some of the other errors, I can't tell if this is a coding issue on ILCA's end or they actually just made them impossibly rare and lightning struck (twice).

Anyone else have any experience with getting Kanto/Hoenn fossil's before the National Dex?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
beat the 8th gym after wasting time and getting froslass and togekiss to lvl 55, 56. mostly used them for the last gym battle but had te get lucario for the leader. bought alot of pokeball varieties and healing items, thats what happens when you are over levelled to the point of hardly needing them. saw my stock of useful items sorely lacking, money grinding to fix that. gonna head to elite 4 and try my team, 2 in high 50s, 3 in 60 something and 1 level 70. should be enough to deal with the 5 people to beat.

my team to do E4 will be atleast lvl65 Togekiss with grass knot, Gardevoir,Lucario, Froslass, Empoleon, Scyther. the last 2 arent the usual choices but starter is obvious choice and scyther for false swipe.

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
beat the 8th gym after wasting time and getting froslass and togekiss to lvl 55, 56. mostly used them for the last gym battle but had the get lucario for the leader. bought alot of pokeball varieties and healing items, Thats what happens when you are overlevelled to the point of hardly needing them.
Saw my stock of useful items sorely lacking, money grinding to fix that. Gonna head to elite 4 and try my team, 2 in high 50s, 3 in 60 something and 1 level 70. should be enough to deal with the 5 people to beat.

It's not that easy. A lot Most Elite 4 are in the 55's then 60's to 66's levels. But you'll need all the levels you can get to Cynthia and not use up too many items. I recommend watching guides as well. Bertha and Aaron are the easy ones. Among the most dangerous ones.

Flint's Drifblim (Don't let it get too many Minimizes up, he usually pivots to Infernape with Baton Pass) Use Taunt or Shockwave
Flint's Infernape

Lucian is mostly relying on defensive an special defense walls. But Future Sight on his team is also powerful.

Cynthia's Garchomp
Cynthia's Milotic (Marvel Scale with Flame Orb, knows Recover and Scald and Ice Beam)
Cynthia's Lucario (Don't let him get off a Nasty Plot)

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
It's not that easy. A lot Most Elite 4 are in the 55's then 60's to 66's levels. But you'll need all the levels you can get to Cynthia and not use up too many items. I recommend watching guides as well. Bertha and Aaron are the easy ones. Among the most dangerous ones.

Flint's Drifblim (Don't let it get too many Minimizes up, he usually pivots to Infernape with Baton Pass) Use Taunt or Shockwave
Flint's Infernape

Lucian is mostly relying on defensive an special defense walls. But Future Sight on his team is also powerful.

Cynthia's Garchomp
Cynthia's Milotic (Marvel Scale with Flame Orb, knows Recover and Scald and Ice Beam)
Cynthia's Lucario (Don't let him get off a Nasty Plot)

im not expecting a cake walk but i will have some decently overleveled members 65 64 72 71 68 72.. my main concerns would be Cynthia and the water/ground types ie gras knot. i got shadowball on froslass and i got gardevoir for dragons. lucario (SPA/Speed evs) dark platedark pulse, psychic, flash cannon, aura sphere. i got some good coverage but no ground moves. fighting and water cover that area.

nearly through the victory road so it should be interesting.

that golem is dangerous, i really wished i had a flygon with me... future sight was strong and thankfully minimize baton pass didnt get me much. cynthia wasnt big deal with my team.

Last edited:

Leyton

I read on Serebii's BDSP Feebas page:

If a friend has found Feebas' tile and you Mix Records with them in the Union Room, then you will share the 4 tiles for the rest of the day.

Dunno if this is known or not yet but if you Mix Records AND join the same group as someone, then, as well as things like Swarms being the same going onwards, your daily Feebas tile locations will also be the same from that point onwards.

My friend created a group on launch day that me and a few others joined (since we were all together in person for the launch). I haven't seen them in person since then (over a week ago) and so haven't been able to mix records since, but we just tested and our Feebas tile locations are all the same. It could be coincidence but it's unlikely that four people who haven't synced records since launch would get the same tiles on the same day, I think?

(Edited for clarity)

Last edited:

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
Made it through Victory Road earlier today and trudged on through the Elite 4. That was some of the most fun I've had with an Elite 4, let me tell you, the items were a great addition it was to the experience. Cynthia was a threatening challenge but I made it through. Currently now just trying to catch the Lake Guardians with the stats that I want. My team isn't really built for this though so I'll probably have to get a Scyther and train it up for to be able to False Swipe effectively.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Playing in the Grand Underground, I'm FINALLY seeing more of the other player characters wearing the non-default, non-Platinum outfits! I guess people had to accumulate some funds and/or reach Veilstone first.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Well I entered the league, setting up my first team which would help me against Aaron! We smashed it….so next up was Bertha, I had my team in mind for who would face her Ground types……..but the game had other ideas
So unlike sword and shield, you can’t switch out during the league. So i went in there with a team designed to take on Aaron with my starter Turtwig too. Quite the challenge this league was, especially Cynthia.
I went in with plenty of revives and potions so when it came to taking down Milotic, that was my strategy, kept spamming heals and revives until she had only Mirror Coat left, and just like that we were down to her Garchomp, luckily it was Mamoswine who survived its Earthquakes and hit it with Ice fang 3 times to kill it off and that was it, we won the league!

nel3

Crimson Dragon
got a dewgong and the 3 lake trio. the solitary ones didnt take much. tried the old chase and weaken with one move but it got too annoying. absol mean look and 5 heal balls on red/paralysed pokemon worked. used net ball for azelf, ultra uxie. currently looking for trapinch after completing national dex.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
On my way to the Elite Four and Munchlax is refusing to evolve. All my other Pokémon are fully evolved but sigh

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Before going to the mines I caught a Budew and let it beat the rest of the trainers including Roark (who he swept by himself effortlessly) to increase its friendship since I’ve heard it’s been a long time for a lot of people.Left off yesterday with taking on Galactic in Jubilife.

Chimchar, Starly, Shinx, & Budew all evolved in between Jubilife and Eterna. Before taking on Galactic, I caught a Buizel. Mars’s Zubat having U Turn was a nice surprise. Decided to skip the gift Mythicals for now to soft reset for good IVs and nature later. Spent most of Eterna Forest grinding up Buizel to be on par with everyone else. After getting to Eterna City, I met Cynthia and figured since this is roughly around the time I’d get a Gible in Platinum, I should ask someone for an Egg to use instead of waiting until after Byron. Once I got it hatched, I took on Gardenia and swept with Staravia & Monferno. Overall a good day with me ending off with my full team

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Took a bit of time-off to hatch myself a Timid Synchronize Ralts as well as hatch the Happiny egg from Hearthome City, also evolved it to save the trouble of hunting down a wild Chansey. Got lucky that my daily Berry from the Berry lady in Pastoria City was one of the Gen 4 event berries, a Jaboca Berry. Then proceeded to progress through the section of Route 210 previously blocked off by the Psyduck, currently taking a break near the start of the foggy section.

Current team:
Infernape (Sun Wukong)
Staraptor (Dagr)
Luxray (Simba)
Manaphy (Neptune)
Gastrodon (Katsuyu)
Jirachi (Jinn)

In rotation:
Roselia (Viridi)
Clefable (Titania)

Red and Blue

On my way to the Elite Four and Munchlax is refusing to evolve. All my other Pokémon are fully evolved but sigh
Did you equip it with a Soothe Bell? If not you can find one at the Pokemon Mansion

I've trained my entire team to level 70-75 and decided it was time to battle the League again.
The Elite four was a cakewalk at that level, but I was a bit afraid of Cynthia, mostly her Garchomp.

I basically sweeped the rest of her team, only Spiritomb and Milotic taking two turns, but then it was time to face the dreaded Garchomp again.

It set up swords dance and again outsped everything despite the level differences, but since I've trained not all my mons were instantly ko'd. So after quite some attacks and some full restores from Cynthia, I finally managed to beat the thing and finally see the victory screen.

Picnicker

Added a Misdreavus on my team. Next goal is the third gym (Maylene).
But first, let's explore the underground just a little bit.