• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon BDSP - Recent Happenings Thread

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Finally got the 2 secret base expansions. Had to pawn some light clay and 2 everstones to make up the difference but got it done. Got to the volcano area post game and back. Still growing more ev berries and money farming to buy vitamins.

The team is is in the low mid 80s but Flygon is 6 levels under ie 76 to face the e4 rematch. Can simply use rare candies but too lazy to do so.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
After 32 hours of gameplay, I arrived at the E4 building

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Finally got all eight badges, and much to my surprise, Volkner was the easiest. Didn't break a single sweat.

Current Team:

395.png
Embrace, Lv.50
407.png
Enamour, Lv. 50
442.png
Condemn, Lv.50
094.png
Petrify, Lv.50
356.png
Devour, Lv.50
430.png
Annoy, Lv. 49

Picnicker

I defeated Fantina and got my fifth badge. It was up my Misdreavus vs. her Mismagius - my Pokémon is waiting for level 55 before evolving, so that it can learn Gem Power.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I defeated Fantina and got my fifth badge. It was up my Misdreavus vs. her Mismagius - my Pokémon is waiting for level 55 before evolving, so that it can learn Gem Power.
Just in case you don't know, you can use a Heart Scale with Mismagius to learn Power Gem since it's normally a level up move with Misdreavus.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Played a lot more after my assessment.
Caught a Shellos on Route 205 (nicknamed Abiraterone) and then breezed through Eterna Forest with Sunitinib the Monferno.
Got to Eterna City and got the Explorer Kit to dig through the grand underground.
Kept going in and out of hideaways to finally catch Togepi (nicknamed Gemcitabine).
While underground I evolved Methotrexate the Magikarp into Gyarados. Did some more levelling up and digging before returning to the surface.
Destroyed Gardenia's team and then Jupiter's team in the Galactic building.
Got the Bicycle and headed down to Hearthome to get the Amulet Coin from Amity Square.
I immediately went to the two old rich NPC's on Route 212 and grinded for a while.

Stopped in the middle of my journey through rainy Route 215 for my conference.
Came back and leveled up Abiraterone in the underground enough to learn Earth Power. Leveled up some more to evolve them into a Gastrodon. Got an awesome Winter Outfit from at the Metronome Outfit shop place (I surely miss my childhood gambling spot where I could play for hours just to get the Flamethrower TM).

Beat Maylene's team by switching back and forth between Methotrexate and Alectinib the Luxio and by Earth Powering Lucario. After getting Fly from the warehouse I went to check on all the Honey Trees I slathered honey on along the way earlier today. Only caught a male Burmy (nicknamed Bortezomib) in Route 209, accidentally killed the Cherubi on Route 215.
Been grinding in the underground all afternoon into tonight just to find an Absol with Super Luck in the Grassland Cave hideaway.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Chased off Team Galactic from Lake Valor and Lake Verity, sadly not in time to prevent them from making off with their respective guardians. Did a spot of Berry harvesting and exchanged some of my spheres in the Underground for TMs, notably a Sludge Bomb TM for Roserade. Also caught a Feebas at the lake in Mt Coronet, I did cheat by using an online calculator to find my Feebas tiles for the day.

Current team:
Infernape (Sun Wukong)
Staraptor (Dagr)
Luxray (Simba)
Gastrodon (Katsuyu)
Manaphy (Neptune)
Jirachi (Jinn)

In rotation:
Roserade (Viridi)
Clefable (Titania)

Ascended Dialga

Today, I defeated Cynthia and became the Pokémon League Champion of Sinnoh! My Gyarados finished off her Garchomp securing my victory, but I'd say the real MVP in this intense battle was Rampardos. Yesterday, the first time I fought Cynthia (and lost), her Milotic gave me a ton of trouble. It's holding a Flame Orb and has the Marvel Scale ability to make it very physically resistant, and it has high SpDef and Mirror Coat to deal with special attackers (like my Gengar). My Rampardos, however, has the Mold Breaker ability, which allowed it to ignore Marvel Scale and KO Milotic with Head Smash.

janejane6178

I completed the Sinnoh dex and got the national one. I tried to rechallenge the Rock gym leader and he kicked my ** :/

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Just had my gym battle with Gardenia & HOLY H- - - it was tough! I nerfed myself by using only three pokémon and making sure they were all levels 17-18, which made it more difficult and enjoyable.

Cherubi was a pushover because it went down with one attack from my disobedient Chatot, but her Turtwig was a beast. After several Work Ups it was able to take out Chatot AND my Monferno. My Roselia was eventually able to take it down with Giga Drain (so glad I got the TM through a trade), but then came the hard part, Roserade. I was able to do pretty good chip damage, but it kept hitting me with Petal Blizzards and Poison Stings that I had to use up all my potions. I even had to revive one of my pokémon just to heal Roselia up. Eventually, Roselia was able to beat Roserade and win the match.

All & all one of my favorite gym battles, even if I had to nerf myself. I don’t completely consider this a win because of how I had to use a revive at the end, but that just make me excited to battle Gardenia again in the post game!

Current Team:
  • Megumi (Monferno)- lv. 18
  • Mirai (Roselia)- lv. 20
  • Kenzo (Manaphy)- lv. 17
  • Charap (Chatot)- lv. 18

Last edited:

janejane6178

Just had my gym battle with Gardenia & HOLY H- - - it was tough! I nerfed myself by using only three pokémon and making sure the were all levels 17-18, which made it more difficult and enjoyable.

Cherubi was a pushover because it went down with one attack from my disobedient Chatot, but her Turtwig was a beast. After several Work Ups it was able to take out Chatot AND my Monferno. My Rosalia eas eventually able to take it down with Giga Drain (so glad I got the TM through a trade), but then came the hard part, Roserade. I was able to do pretty good chip damage, but it kept tanking me with Petal Blizzards and Poison Stings that I had to use up all my potions. I even had to revive one of my pokémon just to heal Rosalia up. Eventually, Rosalia was able to beat Roserade and win the match.

All & all one of my favorite gym battles, even if I had to nerf myself. I don’t completely consider this a win because of how I had to use a revive at the end, but that just make me excited to battle Gardenia again in the post game!

Current Team:
  • Megumi (Monferno)- lv. 18
  • Mirai (Roselia)- lv. 20
  • Kenzo (Manaphy)- lv. 17
  • Charap (Chatot)- lv. 18
I thought that the game is going to be easy thanks to the addition of Fairy time, but I was wrong

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Caught all of the Unown this morning. Also got an Aipom from a Honey Tree as well as a Burmy, Cherrubi, and Wurmple. Wurmple evolved into Cascoon and is now a Dustox and I’m breeding Burmy to try and get three females as the one I caught was male.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I never got to enjoy Sheer Force Feraligatr before. But now, I have a perfect one, ready to bowl down the Battle Tower. Looking forward to seeing what it can do.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Kept KO'ing Absol's with Super Luck so I went and got Wake's badge and did the Celestial Town sequence. Caught a female Combee (nicknamed Vespacizumab) and then went to get Fantina's badge. Found some awesome shiny statues in the underground. Caught a Swablu (nicknamed Ipilimumab) and a Swinub (Etoposide). Etoposide evolved into Piloswine shortly after. Still on the hunt for a higher level Super Luck Absol with Sunitinib (the Monferno) who now knows False Swipe.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
A super big gap between the last time I posted here. I’ve beaten the main game. Cynthia was the first time I’ve felt challenged since Ultra Necrozma. Had to let my Infernape finish off her Garchomp like I did 15 years ago for the nostalgia. In between boss fights I’ve been slowly chipping away at the Dex with things like Honey Trees. Currently completing the Sinnoh Dex before going to the Fight Area. Really enjoying how much there is to do in the post game especially after SwSh’s was pretty barren.

Picnicker

Just in case you don't know, you can use a Heart Scale with Mismagius to learn Power Gem since it's normally a level up move with Misdreavus.
Sure I do know about that, though I'm too lazy to find a Heart Scale to be honest. I currently have one in the bag and take a wild guess, I need it for the same Pokémon to teach it Mystical Fire once is Mismagius.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Just got a Grass starter haul. Chikorita was first, then i accidentally knocked out Turtwig with swift. Later i found a Bulbasaur but it used Double Edge. I already had a Sceptile with False Swipe.

Entering and exiting grassy cave found near Canalave City took out 50 times. Turtwig and Bulbasaur are really rare if you don't own any grass statues. Also it's risky to knock too much health from Bulbasaur, they all have Double-Edge.

KurashiDragon

Well-known Dragonite Enthusiast
I'm both angry and impressed at just how much the Elite 4 just chewed me out right now. I was expecting a relative breeze but I wasn't expecting Aaron to take out some of my mons, I wasn't expecting Bertha to casually take out 4 of my mons, and I sure as heck wasn't expecting Flint to make me reset. +3 Evasion baton bass to Infernape. What the absolute heck?! Now I'm suddenly remembering that SInnoh's elite 4 has caused me trouble sense my pearl playthroughs. I was expecting a PTSD flashback when I got to Cynthia and maybe Lucian. Wasn't expecting a mouth agape moment at goddang Flint.