• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon BDSP - Recent Happenings Thread

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Just caught Totodile Piplup and Mudkip from the same cave. Haven't found Squirtle yet.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I beat Fantina last night, and I want to take a break before the sixth gym so that I can explore the Surf routes.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Made the long trek to Snowpoint City, catching a Sneasel, Snover and Medicham along the way. Rested up at the Pokemon Center before having my Gym battle with Candice for the Icicle Badge. Later headed to Team Galactic's HQ to rescue the Lake Guardians that were held there, just recently picked up the Galactic Key to access the upper floors.

Current team:

Infernape (Sun Wukong)
Staraptor (Dagr)
Luxray (Simba)
Gastrodon (Katsuyu)
Manaphy (Neptune)
Jirachi (Jinn)

In rotation:
Roserade (Viridi)
Clefable (Titania)

Pokefan_1987

My Piplup Totodile Mudkip and the caught Squirtle all just evolved into each of their middle stages respectively after my first Gardenia rematch. It's so cool to get many evolutions in one go:cool:

EDIT: This finally means i have all of the Gen 1 Gen 2 Gen 3 and Gen 4 starters in the game. I thought it would be tougher.

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Completed the Sinnoh Dex last night. Most of that time was friendship grinding. Uxie was captured in one ball but Azelf & Mesprit took forever to catch. Got the National Dex and just caught anything new I saw and currently sitting at a little under half of it completed. Taking a break today and going to start the Fight Area either tonight or tomorrow.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I'm about to go up against Cynthia, and - to be honest - I'm scared out of my mind.

I've avoided fighting her in every Pokémon game she appeared in for the last decade, because I didn't feel like getting mopped. I have no idea how well prepared I am, but at the very least, I know more about Pokémon now than I did in 2007.

Current Team:

395.png
Embrace, Lv.60
407.png
Enamour, Lv.60
442.png
Condemn, Lv.60
094.png
Petrify, Lv.61
356.png
Devour, Lv.61
430.png
Annoy, Lv.60

EDIT: Of course both our Roserades would know Dazzling Gleam. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I managed to catch two FEMALE Combee via Honey Trees yesterday. The insane part is I didn’t have to reset to get them. Also got two Aipom (one of each gender) this way along with a Burmy (which I bred to get all the forms and evolutions), Wurmple (which became a Cascoon), and Silcoon. Only one I am still missing is Heracross as I got Munchlax in the Grand Underground.

Axalion

Maybe worth mentioning, but I completed the Sinnoh dex and got the national dex before challenging the Elite 4. A couple of features became unlocked beforehand, but many of the features on this site that list "After you obtained the National Pokedex" as a requirement aren't actually accessible.

My game is currently updated to Ver. 1.1.2 as of 12/6/21

A quick list of what I've seen so far:
  • Inaccesible
    • Ramanas park does not open
    • Gym Leaders cannot be rechallanged
    • Morimoto cannot be battled
    • Swarms do not unlock
    • Giratina and Turnback cave are not unlocked
    • Rival cannot be battled
    • Dawn/Lucas cannot be battled
  • Accesable
    • Poke Radar is unlocked
    • Rotom can be accessed (and secret key)
    • Catching Charm can be obtained
    • Eevee can be received from Bebe
    • Grand Underground Pokemon update

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I came SO close to defeating Cynthia. Unfortunately, her Garchomp outsped my Gengar.

Oddly enough, it was my Gengar's love for me that helped me get that far.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Gym Leaders cannot be rechallanged
Wait, if gym leader rematches aren't accessible, then how come I see them on YouTube?

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Wait, if gym leader rematches aren't accessible, then how come I see them on YouTube?
Gym Leaders can be rematched, but obtaining the National Dex is not the trigger (beating Cynthia is). As for me I wrapped things up at Team Galactic HQ's before stocking up on items for the long journey to the Spear Pillar. Once Cyrus' plans were put to an end I proceeded to catch Palkia. It broke out of the first Net Ball I threw but a Timer Ball sealed the deal, thank Arceus Synchronise works on stationary Legendary encounters.

Current team:
Infernape (Sun Wukong)
Staraptor (Dagr)
Luxray (Simba)
Manaphy (Neptune)
Gastrodon (Katsuyu)
Clefable (Titania)

In rotation:
Roserade (Viridi)
Jirachi (Jinn)

Luthor

Gym Leaders can be rematched, but obtaining the National Dex is not the trigger (beating Cynthia is). As for me I wrapped things up at Team Galactic HQ's before stocking up on items for the long journey to the Spear Pillar. Once Cyrus' plans were put to an end I proceeded to catch Palkia. It broke out of the first Net Ball I threw but a Timer Ball sealed the deal, thank Arceus Synchronise works on stationary Legendary encounters.

Current team:
Infernape (Sun Wukong)
Staraptor (Dagr)
Luxray (Simba)
Manaphy (Neptune)
Gastrodon (Katsuyu)
Clefable (Titania)

In rotation:
Roserade (Viridi)
Jirachi (Jinn)

I beat Cynthia but I did not unlock the gym leader rematches until I had unlocked the national Dex. Both seem to be required.

Pokefan_1987

Actually you need is to have at least seen all 151 sinnoh pokemon's not counting arceus and giratina. Professor Oak will be visiting Professor Rowan and talk to you. Then you get the national dex.

pokeplayer9994

I don't have much free time these days. So, as a result, I just now got to Celestic Town, giving the Old Charm to the lady, and I went to the Grand Underground and FINALLY got Togepi, my last main team member. Togekiss is going to be my main Dragon Killer. The plan for today is to beat Fantina and get access to Surf outside of battle.

After that, well let's just say the real fun begins.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I BEAT CYNTHIA!!!!! :D

After several attempts and failures, I finally managed to beat her, and as had been the case the entire playthrough, my Gengar's love for me is what allowed us to prevail. Literally, he survived by 1HP "so I wouldn't worry." And that's when Dazzling Gleam took us home.

Current Team:

395.png
Embrace, Lv.64
407.png
Enamour, Lv.64
442.png
Condemn, Lv.64
094.png
Petrify, Lv.65
356.png
Devour, Lv.65
430.png
Annoy, Lv.63

Pokefan_1987

I don't have much free time these days. So, as a result, I just now got to Celestic Town, giving the Old Charm to the lady, and I went to the Grand Underground and FINALLY got Togepi, my last main team member. Togekiss is going to be my main Dragon Killer. The plan for today is to beat Fantina and get access to Surf outside of battle.

After that, well let's just say the real fun begins.
Just be careful. and bring a high level team especially if you use Togekiss.
Cynthia's team has several moves to injure Fairy types. First don't use it recklessly on Lucario despite Flying type. He will will very likely outspeed Togekiss.
Then it sets up Swords Dance (It often tries Aura Sphere or Dragon Pulse first) But when it realizes they didn't do much then Lucario will go for at least one or two Sword Dance and use Steel Claw against your Fairy.

Also
Roserade has Sludge Bomb
Gastrodon has Sludge Bomb
Garchomp has Poison Jab

pokeplayer9994

Just be careful. and bring a high level team especially if you use Togekiss.
Cynthia's team has several moves to injure Fairy types. First don't use it recklessly on Lucario despite Flying type. He will will very likely outspeed Togekiss.
Then it sets up Swords Dance (It often tries Aura Sphere or Dragon Pulse first) But when it realizes they didn't do much then Lucario will go for at least one or two Sword Dance and use Steel Claw against your Fairy.

Also
Roserade has Sludge Bomb
Gastrodon has Sludge Bomb
Garchomp has Poison Jab
As I said, it's my MAIN Dragon Killer. I have others. Besides, I don't have to worry about Cynthia for the time being.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
So in skipping all the trainers in Hearthome Gym, I made the mistake of screwing myself over and not seeing Drifloon.

Now I'm one pokemon short of getting the National Dex. I am so angry right now.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
So in skipping all the trainers in Hearthome Gym, I made the mistake of screwing myself over and not seeing Drifloon.

Now I'm one pokemon short of getting the National Dex. I am so angry right now.
You can get it on Friday at the Valley Windworks.

but it’s tuesday, so i feel your pain

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
You can get it on Friday at the Valley Windworks.

but it’s tuesday, so i feel your pain

I am so not trying to wait that long.

I gotta do a dex trade or something.

EDIT: I got it! Now it's onward to the Battle Zone!

Last edited: