• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon BDSP - Recent Happenings Thread

Kangaflora

Since I was last on here, I managed to get the eighth Gym Badge, through sheer dum luck, and caught Uxie Mesprit and Azelf. Azelf took one Dusk Ball, Uxie took ten, and Mesprit after weakening it took one Quick Ball. This is on BrilliantDiamond. ShiningPearl though I unlocked Mystery Gift, and got both Jirachi and Mew.

Picnicker

I'm not gonna bother with poffins either. The SWITCH thumbsticks just aren't tall enough for me to get a good grip. I'm just gonna import a Milotic instead from Sword/Shield and breed and a Feebas egg.
I have Milotic (as well as many other Pokémon) too to import from Sword/Shield. I hope they will update Pokémon Home soon.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I'm not gonna bother with poffins either. The SWITCH thumbsticks just aren't tall enough for me to get a good grip. I'm just gonna import a Milotic instead from Sword/Shield and breed and a Feebas egg.
Not to mention the risk of drift if you're using the Joy-Cons.

MagicEspeon

P. F. Magician
This is so petty but I need to scream into the void somewhere about how upset grinding for Moon Stones in this game makes me. I've seen two of them in the Underground and lost them both to the wall collapsing. Suffering.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Caught all three of the Lake Guardians (Mesprit with a Quick Ball after weakening it and putting it to sleep), Absol works a treat against them since they literally cannot hurt it outside of Struggle. Made the long trek through Victory Road to arrive at the Pokemon League. The showdown with the Elite Four and Champion soon awaits.

Current team:
Infernape (Sun Wukong)
Staraptor (Dagr)
Luxray (Simba)
Manaphy (Neptune)
Gastrodon (Katsuyu)
Clefable (Titania)

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I’m still on hold with my journey, but I’ve been busy getting Pokémon for trades & preparing several of my pokémon for competitive training. I explored the underground catching several Geodude & evolved them into Graveler for anyone looking for trade evolutions, as well as multiple Roselia with various egg moves such as Cotton Spore, Sleep Powder, & Extrasensory to teach mine once I reach the breeding center and the move deleter (though I’m not sure which one to use).

Additionally, I went back to my Gen 6 & 7 games to breed a Chatot, a Teddiursa, & a Hariyama with egg moves to transfer over to mine once Home connectivity comes out. I’ve been trying to get them through trading for ages, but no one either had them or was willing to trade for them, so I eventually decided to get them myself (as long and frustrating as it was ).

As of now, I’m debating on whether or not to add Kricketune back to my team. I originally decided to replace it with my Chatot, but it was a real powerhouse so far and I was surprised to see how good it was on a few people’s posts & several nuzlocke videos

Last edited:

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Started my own Shining Pearl playthroughs a few days ago. Only problem was I realized there weren't any pokemon i really planned on using until the Grand Underground.

Started Pearl with a Piplup just like my first playthrough of the original DS version. Named him Alaska. Once i reached route 202 i caught a Shinx named Pride for temporary back-up. Took about a half hour to find an Intimidate one. After the Jubilife city stuff, i found out that you cant unlock Mystery Gift until after Oreburgh. So my 100 pokeballs will have to wait. While training against the route 204 trainers, i gained an idea to use Budew on my team. I originally gave up on it in Pearl because it didn't evolve by Pastoria. Back then i didn't know about the "Evolves during the Day" part of its evolution. Was easier to find a Posion Point Budew than the Intimidate Shinx. Also caught a Kricketot to help against Barry's Turtwig, until i get a flying or fire type. And being 1 or 2 levels lower "Ginger" did just fine against Turtwig with the help of a potion. Ginger evolved along the way and ended just outside Oreburgh Gate

Team
Alaska - Piplup lvl 11
Pride - Shinx lvl 11
Ginger - Kricketune lvl 10
Dewdrop - Budew lvl 10

Picnicker

I did not play a lot recently: just some trading stuff and upgraded/renewed a bit my squad. After that I defeated Volkner, got my last gym badge... and finally I'm on the way to go through Victory Road. Current team: Infernape, Ampharos, Gastrodon, Mismagius, Honchkrow and Chimecho.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I'm currently up at SnowPointCity.

My team is nearing the levelcap of lvl42 and it's about time for me to face Candice. This is the squad:
- Empoleon
- Bibarel
- Floatzel
- Lumineon
- Gastrodon

My final member currently is the Happiny that you get from the guy in Hearthome. It's completely unused, but meanwhile also unironically the pokémon I own with the highest level. I needed to box some of the main squad periodically in order to remain under the level-cap, but 'Egg' just stayed on as a permanent passenger.

And it will stay that way until I can get a Mantyke to complete the Gen4 Water-type challenge. #teamseas

pokeplayer9994

I freaking did it! I beat Cynthia!

She definitely was not easy. She nearly KO'd my team. My team was in the 60s. I even had Mew and she proved to be more difficult than expected. Heck, Mew was my Achilles Heel. I had stolen Milotic's Flame Orb with Houndoom's Thief. (The only reason I used it against Milotic.) Next thing I know, Mew gets burned by Scald. If it wasn't for Manaphy tanking the hits so well and powering up, I would have lost. Then, Garchomp was faster and could have killed me, but it used Swords Dance and I won with Ice Beam. (Yes, it used the berry, but I still OHKO'd it.)

Now for my Post-Game fun.

First thing's first, I have to see the Judge.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Defeated the Pokemon League and entered the Hall of Fame, admittingly I ended up spamming the in-battle attacking boosting items on Manaphy (along with using Tail Glow) for the battle against Cynthia. Quite funny Trick Room ended up working against Lucian when he sent out Alakazam while it still up. Currently exploring the post-game areas after obtaining the National Dex.

Hall of Fame team:
Infernape (Sun Wukong)
Staraptor (Dagr|)
Manaphy (Neptune)
Gastrodon (Katsuyu)
Luxray (Simba)
Clefable (Titania||)

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Woot! Got Brilliant Diamond for a Secret Santa gift.

Started my adventure last night. Up to Jubilife City now.

My team:

Carl the Shinx
Barbara the Zubat (a play on Batgirl)
Isabel the Kricketot
Hannibal the Starly (a play on Silence of the Lambs and the character, Clarice Starling)
Charles the Bidoof
Quake the Turtwig

In the PC

Mountain the Budew (a play on Mountain Dew)
Glubat the Zubat (a joke name that I gave my Pokemon)
Dinner the Magikarp

Switched out Quake my Turtwig for Houdini my Abra. Thought the little twerp was gonna give me a hard time in terms of catching him, but he didn't. Was very pleasantly surprised there. He's a welcome addition to my team.

Beat my rival, Walnut Legs, twice so far... first against his starter and tonight against his Starly and his starter.

Last edited:

pokeplayer9994

As I went through my Pokemon after getting the Judge, I found it interesting that you get 3 Guaranteed IVs for the Fossils. Kind of worth it for all the effort you go through. Too bad those will have to wait as I've got all males there.

At least I have a 2 IV Female Ponyta to get started with. Now to hunt down that Destiny Knot.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Okay, so now I've got the seventh badge in my Water-type run. Abomasnow was a problem as expected, but I'm glad I taught Empoleon FlashCannon at the last minute.

Here's the rundown.
1. Lumineon beat Snover with a Attract+RainDance-strat.
2. Lumineon also beat Sneasel with the same Attract-strat and cheap friendship dodges.
3. Lumineon eventually fell to Medicham.
4. Floatzel came in and beat Medicham with a couple of Crunches.
5. Abomasnow came out, reset Hail. As I tried a Crunch, it used Aurora Veil. Didn't know it got that upgrade, which meant a major buff to its bulkiness. I thought stalling it out was going to be my best bet so I went for a Dig. It dodged an EQ because of friendship (I think this mechanic is way too cheap). It got wrecked by Giga Drain after I came up though.
6. Bibarel. I thought I had some bulk to live a GigaDrain, so I was trying to go for a WorkUp+QuickAttack, but it got one-shot by Giga Drain.
7. Empoleon was my last pick (I played 4v4 and I benched Gastrodon due to the x4 weakness to Abomasnow). My FlashCannon only did about half damage. I assumed Candice would heal, but she didn't. Her EQ did slightly more then half damage. Hail and AuroraVeil stopped and my second FlashCannon took out her Abomasnow.

With AuroraVeil up that would've been a roll I think. Empoleon couldn't have taken a second EQ. So the stalling with Floatzel and Bibarel was definitely worth it.

I'm currently mucking about in the Galactic Veilstone HQ. I'm worried about the next levelcap and the amount of unskippable battles, so I've decided to bring only one or two pokémon along for each unskippable grunt and three for any upcoming commander.

The next levelcap is lvl49 (Volkner's Luxray) and most of my team is now lvl42/43, so I've still got a while, but the unknown with regards to unskippable trainers in the Galactic-portion and the Sunyshore Gym is stressful. In fact, I might bench my Gastrodon for now since its essential for the Volkner fight/SunyShore-gym and I think I'll need it at around lvl46 before I even start with that gym. It's also quite effective against most of TeamGalactic's admin's so it will only be a big battle teammember for the rest of the pre-League bits of the game.

Ps. Having a new addition to the team at this point would be great, but SunyShore as far as I know is still locked.. and Mantyke wouldn't be any good there any way, but an amazing exp-dump for grunts and trainers so I at least have some income through experience...

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Today ended up being Gingers day apperently. Went into Oreburgh gate expecting the trainers to use geodude's like the mine. So Alaska ended up against Shinx and Budew. Ginger swapped in and Handled both. DewDrop and Alaska then handled everything from Oreburgh Mine all the way upto Roark's Cranidos. I ended up a level below it and his Headbutt 2HKO'd Alaska and 1HKO'd DewDrop. Thanks to Dewdrop's Poison Point and Ginger's Rock Smash i somehow won. Took a quick break from the madness to catch a Zubat for the heal ball hiker, and a Machop for the Abra trade. Then it was back to Jubilife where me and Lucas had a starter battle against the Galactic Grunts. Got distracted by Bebe showing up and giving us the 'portable pc box' feature. Forgot my 100 free poke ball mystery gift again. Everything up in Floaroma Town was quite easy. Started my Berry gardening career, started tossing Honey everywhere and Alaska washed away more Galactic grunts. Alaska and Pride both evolved against the grunt before Mars. Mars was alot easier than i remember. She U-turned in Purugly first and then only used Scratch and growl.

Now i Wait for my 3 Honey Trees and Drifloon

Team
Alaska - Prinplup lvl 17
Pride - Luxio lvl 16
Ginger - Kricketune lvl 17
Dewdrop - Budew lvl 16

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Just got my first badge tonight against Roark. His Geodude and Onix weren't too hard to take down, but his Cranidos was. It kept on using headbutt. The way that I finally took it down, was with a pair of Machop and the move, low sweep, which helped to slow it down a bit.

Here's my team:

Wonder Woman - Machop - lv. 13
Eddie Ashes (Elliot's UC name on Law and Order OC) - Machop - lv. 13
Houdini - Abra - lv. 14
Mountain - Budew - lv. 15
Quake - Turtwig - lv. 15
Dani Beck (Character from SVU) - Onix - lv. 12

Took down Team Galactic for the first time... and got Mystery Gift and got the Manafi Egg.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
My game froze breeding Marills. It was in the middle of me pausing to save, but thankfully it happened before the save began.

Yikes that's not good. I hope they patch up the issue. What area were you in?