• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon BDSP - Recent Happenings Thread

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Yikes that's not good. I hope they patch up the issue. What area were you in?
The route just north of Solaceon Town. Route 210, I think. I was crossing the hill that requires the bike on the fast setting to climb. Then, I paused to try to save but the game froze in the middle of displaying the letters for the text box telling me that a swarm of Smoochum are at Lake Acuity.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
The route just north of Solaceon Town. Route 210, I think. I was crossing the hill that requires the bike on the fast setting to climb. Then, I paused to try to save but the game froze in the middle of displaying the letters for the text box telling me that a swarm of Smoochum are at Lake Acuity.

Very strange. Definitely seems like a bug. Others have run into similar freezing issues. So our best bet is to save often. Might be best to avoid trying to hatch eggs around there until things get patched.

Last edited:

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
It rakes ages to hatch eggs in these games, even with flame body in the pty hehe
I remember it being faster in swsh

pokeplayer9994

Okay, so the Gym Leaders in their rematches are tougher than I expected. I knew they wouldn't be as easy, but I was not ready for this. Basically, Maylene wiped the floor with me with her Heracross. I mean, Flame Orb + Guts + Jolly Nature. Definitely wasn't ready for that combo.

I might have to change my team a bit. Or at least level them up.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I haven't done an update in quite a while, but I'm in Snowpoint City. So far my team is the following.

Infernape lvl 51
Electivire lvl 46
Floatzel lvl 49
Straraptor lvl 49
Roserade lvl 48
Snorlax lvl 45

janejane6178

Okay, so the Gym Leaders in their rematches are tougher than I expected. I knew they wouldn't be as easy, but I was not ready for this. Basically, Maylene wiped the floor with me with her Heracross. I mean, Flame Orb + Guts + Jolly Nature. Definitely wasn't ready for that combo.

R u using a competitive team?

janejane6178

I personally didn't have to. You get a large advantage with an items stockpile, the option to switch out when the next Pokémon is about to appear, and the fact that their Pokémon teams are always the same.
And u managed to beat the revamped elite four that way ?

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I've been putting a bit more time into the game lately after not touching it for a while. I now have four gym badges, and five of my six Pokemon are fully evolved. My team consists of Torterra, Gardevoir, Luxray, Ponyta, Crobat and Floatzel.
I was worried that my Golbat wouldn't evolve for a long time because it fainted a couple of times as Zubat and it still isn't doing the little "shaky-shake" animation that signals its friendship is going up, but it did suddenly evolve at level 33 out of nowhere, so that was a nice surprise.
It's still a bit annoying having to Google every route and town I go to because I have no idea where to go and what order to do things in, and I'm surprised there's still no word on an official strategy guide as far as I can tell. I had to have a YouTube tutorial playing on my phone as I did the puzzle for Pastoria Gym, and I've had to read three different websites to get a good picture of what to do next.

ebevan91

I've been putting a bit more time into the game lately after not touching it for a while. I now have four gym badges, and five of my six Pokemon are fully evolved. My team consists of Torterra, Gardevoir, Luxray, Ponyta, Crobat and Floatzel.
I was worried that my Golbat wouldn't evolve for a long time because it fainted a couple of times as Zubat and it still isn't doing the little "shaky-shake" animation that signals its friendship is going up, but it did suddenly evolve at level 33 out of nowhere, so that was a nice surprise.
It's still a bit annoying having to Google every route and town I go to because I have no idea where to go and what order to do things in, and I'm surprised there's still no word on an official strategy guide as far as I can tell. I had to have a YouTube tutorial playing on my phone as I did the puzzle for Pastoria Gym, and I've had to read three different websites to get a good picture of what to do next.

My Golbat evolved almost immediately. I was surprised actually. He got boxed soon after though.

Trillion

i started the gym leader rematches too. i beat roark and gardenia. the battle with maylene was going good until that heracross came out

one of my pokemon had already fainted. heracross outsped and knocked out my other four pokemon in one hit. then my torterra took it down, but took major damage in the process. then medicham finished torterra off

heracross' attack stat is no joke

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
It rakes ages to hatch eggs in these games, even with flame body in the party hehe
I remember it being faster in swsh
I think they did nerf it by the making the bike slower. In SwSh you finish time trials and the bike is upgraded 4 times and a boost. BDSP
Has 2 gears standard and 2nd gear for climbing hills. But in my opinion the fastest game is Ultra Sun, Rotom-Hatch + Flame Body and using Taurus Charge on the road that leads to the Game Freak office. :cool:

Still with the Step Counter tool in BDSP i can usually anticipate when i reach 4500 steps. That's the ammount you need for a Eevee egg to hatch with flame body. Good thing the road near the spiritomb tower is nice and long. Easy to use.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I've just caught my first Shiny in BD/SP, a level 35 female Houndoom in one of the lava caves in the Grand Underground. I would add her to the team as my Fire-type, and I do have Fantina's gym coming up so a Dark-type would be handy, but I'm so attached to the squad at this point that I'd rather not make any more team alterations now.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Friday: I got a Male Burmy from one Honey Tree and a Female from the other. Got my Drifloon too.
Saturday: 3 Honey Trees, all Silcoon or Cascoon. No catches.

Then today, i started by dashing back to Jubilife for Mystery Gift. 100 free pokeballs, Platinum Outfit and a Manaphy Egg are all mine. After a quick search for the codes, I got all the free Statues as well. Tried my best to rush my way to Eterna, but in the forest i got more Wild encounters than the whole rest of the game so far. Immediatly headed to the underground explorer and started exploring. Got lucky and found an Armor fossil almost immediately. While completing the explorers challenges i built my Base right next to where i found the Fossil. Manaphy hatched while exploring the caves. Spent the rest of the day catching some rare pokemon in the dens. Pinsir, Lickitung, Magnemite, Teddiursa, Houndoom. I also caught a Roselia incase Dewdrop takes forever to evolve. Was unnecessary though because Dewdrop evolved because i caught the Roselia.

Now i need to figure out my team for Gardenia, as Ginger is my best trained option at the moment

Team
Alaska - Prinplup lvl 23
Pride - Luxio lvl 22
Ginger - Kricketune lvl 22
Dewdrop - Roselia lvl 22

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I personally didn't have to. You get a large advantage with an items stockpile, the option to switch out when the next Pokémon is about to appear, and the fact that their Pokémon teams are always the same.
I pretty much did the same thing. Bought over 100 Revives and 100 Full Restores and kept using the Revives to make Garchomp exhaust it’s best moves until it only had Swords Dance and Poison Jab and then switched in with Dialga who one shot it with a single Roar of Time.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I've beaten Team Galactic, finished all the gym trainers at the Sunyshore Gym. My squad is level 49, aside from my newest addition: Hindae the Mantyke, which needs to play catch-up, but isn't worth using vs. Volkner.

I also caught Dialga, it has a Modest Nature.

I haven't done an update in quite a while, but I'm in Snowpoint City. So far my team is the following.

Infernape lvl 51
Electivire lvl 46
Floatzel lvl 49
Straraptor lvl 49
Roserade lvl 48
Snorlax lvl 45

That's crazy overlevelled (which might not be of concern to you, but I play with a levelcap). It's why I've been frustrated with the game as of late.. it removes any challenge. I constantly have to run around with a squad of just two - maybe three or the team gets overlevelled way too fast.

I play with:
- No items during battle
- Setmode

Those are advantages that I deem unfair. Well, one can argue that you can match the opponent in terms of items, but I'm not going to PP-stall them out of moves by using near infinite Revive's.

Heracross' attack stat is no joke

A fast Flying-type can (most of the time) one shot it though.

I pretty much did the same thing. Bought over 100 Revives and 100 Full Restores and kept using the Revives to make Garchomp exhaust it’s best moves until it only had Swords Dance and Poison Jab and then switched in with Dialga who one shot it with a single Roar of Time.

I don't want to berate the way anybody wants to play a pokémon game, but can I ask in honesty what the fun is to use this strategy? I can PP-stall Garchomp by switching between Empoleon (which triggers EQ) and Mantyke (which is immune), for instance. PP-draining by reusing Revives seems.. unfair to the opponent?

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
With much of the game out of the way I have turned my focus onto defeating Jen & Zac repeatedly for the money, Berry growing and competitive breeding (mostly to challenge the Battle Tower at this point).

Took down the double team 5 times yesterday before I got bored of that so I went and harvested and replanted berries and also hit up the three people that distribute them. Went back to my breeding projects. For BDSP I am trying to make a collection of love ball battlers. I managed to get a chlorophyll Oddish which I intend to evolve into Bellossom. The next project will either be Magikarp or Chimchar (not love ball unfortunately).

As my last project and hatch yesterday managed to hatch a jolly shiny love ball Gible that had rough skin. I knew I wouldn’t be able to top that hatch so I just ended my night on that.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I don't want to berate the way anybody wants to play a pokémon game, but can I ask in honesty what the fun is to use this strategy? I can PP-stall Garchomp by switching between Empoleon (which triggers EQ) and Mantyke (which is immune), for instance. PP-draining by reusing Revives seems.. unfair to the opponent?
I didn’t choose Piplup. I picked Chimchar as my starter and I didn’t have a Mantyke. Besides I’m playing the game by the rules and it isn’t unfair as I literally only had one Pokémon left when she sent out Garchomp and it took a really long time to get Garchomp only have Swords Dance and Poison Jab. About twenty minutes. The only Pokémon I had that was immune to EQ was too under leveled to fight Garchomp and went down with Dragon Claw and
Poison Jab a lot and Quagsire got extremely lucky that Milotic didn’t one shot it and it was able to use Toxic on Milotic before the Flame Orb Burn effect could happen.