• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon BDSP - Recent Happenings Thread

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Have been slowly continuing my streak in Battle Tower to get to the 100 streak. Haven't really changed up my team, kind of just going until I lose to grind BP as I prepare for a real team to go to 100. Got to the second Palmer 21 fight (at battle 70) and lost due to a bad lead match up and then forgetting that Rock Wrecker has a recharge turn, which would have allowed me to boost. I'm out of practice and it cost me. The grind back up to that range wont be fun but ah well.

Also been working on my dex and gathering Mysterious shards in the underground. As a BD player, those Moon Stones are hard to come by so I'm always on the lookout for them as well.
How did u get to 70 strike????
I cant get pass 4x single battles :/
Got fully EV IV trained Gyrados, Tyranitar and Gengar:/

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Now try to double that by 10 :p
I havent tried double tbh. Only singles
I recently got 15 in doubles in X version this morning I still paused it. Even got 3 enemy freezes in one battle. My Greninja in this game is my pride and joy even for a non protean. It has had a lot of super training and vitamins and already maxed to level 100.

My team is
Sylveon (Moonblast Dazzling Gleam Psyshock and Shadow Ball
Greninja (Surf Water Shuriken Dark Pulse and Ice Beam)
Blaziken (Speed Boost Bulk Up Double Kick, Blaze Kick and Flamethrower)
Mega Tyranitar (Earthquake Dark Pulse Flamethrower and Crunch)

Sadly Celebi is banned i really want to test it without online hassle.

Update: The game broke my streak on turn 19. One of the strongest combos was that in EACH of the last battles the Trainers had Heliolisk that resisted fire and fairy.... had Thunder and Focus Blast (That is a 120 power move with 70% accuracy but the AI often hits 3 times in a row)

and both Heliolisks were apparently Speed IV trained they outsped all of my team.
The trainer that beat me was a Kalos region Beaty (One of the ones with brown hair and a grocery bag.) Why is the Battle AI technically breaking their limit by Including Heliolisk in 2 battles with same movesets?

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Just defeated Volkner. Hippowdon took out Raichu and survived a Surf hit. Lucario did pretty well taking out Ambipom and Octillery and doing some damage to Luxray. Palkia finished the job.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Started off with a trip back to Twinleaf Town. Haven't explored that part of the Underground since i got all the "HM Upgrades". While exploring i managed to find a Munchlax and Female Combee. Much easier than the Honey Trees, since i keep forgetting to check on the Trees 8 hours after I leave the honey. Continuing with the trend, Sword evolved in the Underground exploration. On the way toward Pastoria i checked on Spiritomb and the Tower is crying now. Think i'm about halfway to getting it. Not much between Veilstone and Pastoria, but i did find the Route 213 access to a new Grand Underground section. Then Pastoria Gym made me wish we could turn off the EXP Share. I was worried about Ice Fang, but my whole team being 8-10 levels higher than anything Wake had made it no trouble at all. Had more trouble on Route 210 to Celestic town with Ponytas jumping out of the Grass every 2 steps. Had no trouble with the Galactic Grunt and Flew right to Hearthome for another Badge. Only 4-8 levels over Fantina's pokemon. They couldn't do much against Alaska besides Confuse Ray and i had no trouble again.

Maybe Byron will be a challenge next time as he's closer to my level for a change.

Team
Alaska - Empoleon lvl 41
Athena - Magmortar lvl 40
Yogi - Meditite lvl 36
Dewdrop - Roselia lvl 41
Sword - Bastiodon lvl 37

pokeplayer9994

So, I did first rematch against the Elite 4. Got all the way to Cynthia. Got to her Lucario. Knew it was faster. Paralyzed it with Roserade, whom was then knocked out. Tried beating it with Houndoom. Barely missed the kill. Lucario knocked it out. Cynthia used final Full Restore. Took my whole team out.

So close! Will have to try again.

Pokefan_1987

I'm also close to capturing Spiritomb, I get the "Tower is shaking" message. Not much left but i wish we had a actual "underground people talked to" counting tool for this.

Also with January almost over, i wonder if a well trained imported Electivire from pokemon home can outspeed defeat out Milotic before her Flame Orb activates the Marvel Scales ability.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I'm also close to capturing Spiritomb, I get the "Tower is shaking" message. Not much left but i wish we had a actual "underground people talked to" counting tool for this.

Also with January almost over, i wonder if a well trained imported Electivire from pokemon home can outspeed defeat out Milotic before her Flame Orb activates the Marvel Scales ability.
Actually I found an incredibly easy way to counter Milotic. Use a Quagsire with Water Absorb that also knows Toxic. It should be able to take an Ice Beam from Milotic which is when you hit it with Toxic which will negate the Flame Orb effect. Cynthia won’t use Full Restore on it for some reason. Takes awhile for Milotic to succumb to the Badly Poisoned effect but it can’t do too much to Quagsire and it can act as a decoy as you restore health and other items on the rest of your team.

Pokefan_1987

Actually I found an incredibly easy way to counter Milotic. Use a Quagsire with Water Absorb that also knows Toxic. It should be able to take an Ice Beam from Milotic which is when you hit it with Toxic which will negate the Flame Orb effect. Cynthia won’t use Full Restore on it for some reason. Takes awhile for Milotic to succumb to the Badly Poisoned effect but it can’t do too much to Quagsire and it can act as a decoy as you restore health and other items on the rest of your team.
On a similar not are there any good Knock-Off users in BDSP that can outspeed Milotic before the Orb starts working (Knock-Off removes enemy item permanently and deals damage)

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
On a similar not are there any good Knock-Off users in BDSP that can outspeed Milotic before the Orb starts working (Knock-Off removes enemy item permanently and deals damage)
The main Knock Off users (without breeding) that outspeed Milotic (without accounting for IVs and EVs) are Drapion and Gliscor. The latter however is pretty much planting a “please down me with Ice Beam” sign useless you give it a Yache Berry. Ludicolo does not outspeed but should be bulky enough to tank an attack from it to Knock Off its Flame Orb.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
How did u get to 70 strike????
I cant get pass 4x single battles :/
Got fully EV IV trained Gyrados, Tyranitar and Gengar:/
I'm a big fan of the GenIV battle tower and have a lot of practice in that facility (as well as a Black Trainer card in Diamond so that means I've gotten the 100 streak). Right now I'm just running a pretty bad team of just glass cannons for BP farming, wasn't really expecting it to get to battle 70.

Ironically, my next streak just went to 79 wins, ended on Battle 80. It was a 3 v 1 and Battle Tower did Battle Tower things. The enemy Weezing double teamed once and I didn't hit a single move after the fact. Sucks being so close to the 100 streak but again, wasn't expecting much from this team.

If anyone is curious, I'm running the following and it's worked well to get to battle 49 and easily start stockpiling BP:

Lead: Azelf @ Life Orb
Timid, 252/252/6 SpAtk/Speed/HP
U-turn
Nasty Plot
Thunderbolt
Psychic

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Jolly, 252/252/6 Attack/Speed/HP
Swords Dance
Ice Shard
Night Slash (should probably be Throat chop)
Icicle Crash

Infernape @ Expert belt
Naive 252/64/194 SpAtk/Atk/Speed (I think, going off memory)
U-turn
Mach Punch
Overheat
Close Combat

janejane6178

I'm a big fan of the GenIV battle tower and have a lot of practice in that facility (as well as a Black Trainer card in Diamond so that means I've gotten the 100 streak). Right now I'm just running a pretty bad team of just glass cannons for BP farming, wasn't really expecting it to get to battle 70.

Ironically, my next streak just went to 79 wins, ended on Battle 80. It was a 3 v 1 and Battle Tower did Battle Tower things. The enemy Weezing double teamed once and I didn't hit a single move after the fact. Sucks being so close to the 100 streak but again, wasn't expecting much from this team.

If anyone is curious, I'm running the following and it's worked well to get to battle 49 and easily start stockpiling BP:

Lead: Azelf @ Life Orb
Timid, 252/252/6 SpAtk/Speed/HP
U-turn
Nasty Plot
Thunderbolt
Psychic

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Jolly, 252/252/6 Attack/Speed/HP
Swords Dance
Ice Shard
Night Slash (should probably be Throat chop)
Icicle Crash

Infernape @ Expert belt
Naive 252/64/194 SpAtk/Atk/Speed (I think, going off memory)
U-turn
Mach Punch
Overheat
Close Combat
How did u get a perfect IV Azelf?
Can u breed a mythical ? o.o

Pokefan_1987

Probably the way he did it is to know which wild pokemon to fight for effort values. Those are hidden points you get in hidden ammount after every battle but they add up after every fight in some way like points seen when leveling up.

janejane6178

Probably the way he did it is to know which wild pokemon to fight for effort values. Those are hidden points you get in hidden ammount after every battle but they add up after every fight in some way like points seen when leveling up.
But how did he get a 5/6 perfect IV mythical Pokemon in the first place?

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic

But how did he get a 5/6 perfect IV mythical Pokemon in the first place?

I never said it had perfect IVs. Azelf is a legendary pokemon (not a mythical) so it has 3 IVs that are always 31. I just continued to catch it (with a synchronizer up front) till I got the IVs I wanted with plans to bottle cap the other stats later.

janejane6178

I never said it had perfect IVs. Azelf is a legendary pokemon (not a mythical) so it has 3 IVs that are always 31. I just continued to catch it (with a synchronizer up front) till I got the IVs I wanted with plans to bottle cap the other stats later.
What is bottle cap?