• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon BDSP - Recent Happenings Thread

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
In BD, I’m currently teamed up with Buck. I’m going to work my way through Stark Mountain. In SP, I made it through Victory Road and am taking a bit of a break from the main story to dig Underground and perhaps attempt to make decent Poffins and win Contests. Maybe battle the trainers I didn’t challenge to complete the Sinnoh Dex and get the National Dex after I defeat Cynthia.

MagicEspeon

P. F. Magician
Beat Cynthia today! She still lives up to her reputation as the strongest Champion in the series alright. Shout out to Marco (Lucario) and Silky (Beautifly) who did nothing but faint so I could get a clean switch.
7T32A5w.png

Final Team
Henry (Torterra M) - Gentle, mischievous
Typhoon (Floatzel F) - Serious, likes to run
Silky (Beautifly F) - Mild, likes to relax
Zane (Houndoom M) - Hasty, likes to run
Starlight (Clefable F) - Adamant, likes to run
Marco (Lucario M) - Quiet, a little quick tempered

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
After spending several weeks farming berries, catching pokemon for the Solaceon Town newspaper, and doing trades for items, I did some progress through the story again I made it to Veilstone City so I can get to the style shop. While I could face Maylene right now, especially since I beat all the gym trainers for the prize money, I want to make this game feel different from my Gen 4 playthroughs, so I'm going to skip her for now and head over to Pastoria City for my third badge instead. I also managed to get a Porygon-2 in my reserves so I can at least use it as a placeholder until I can transfer my one from SWSH and evolve it into Porygon-Z. The only problem I have is that my team's currently between levels 25-26, so I either need to box them or skip several trainers so they're not overleveled for Wake & Maylene -_-

Current Team:
  • Megumi (Monferno)- Lv. 26
  • Mirai (Roselia)- Lv. 26
  • Kenzo (Manaphy)- Lv. 26
  • Charap (Chatot)- Lv. 26
  • Taku (Cranidos)- Lv. 25
  • Seiko (Gligar)- Lv. 26
Reserves
  • Dijon (Porygon 2)- Lv. 26

I managed to get Shining Pearl for Christmas and I've already made it to Hearthome City. I've mostly been using this as a way to replay my old Soul Silver character and it's mostly just been a fun, laid back speedrun. My team is mostly placeholders for now (again until Home connectivity) but I'm trying to catch a few pokemon I've wanted to use for a while though never got the chance to for whatever reason

Current Team:
  • Cyndaquil- Lv. 22
  • Grotle- Lv. 22
  • Elekid- Lv. 12
  • Ekans- Lv. 21
  • Mothim- Lv. 21
Reserves
  • Espeon
  • Swinub
  • Luxio
  • Buizel
  • Aipom
  • Remoraid
  • Spinarak

Last edited:

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I started a new file 2 weeks ago to try and get myself a shiny Turtwig…..still going and today my interest in it beginning to fade….

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I finally resumed my BD playthrough last week, and in a marathon session over the weekend, I defeated Volkner, travelled down Victory Road, conquered the Elite 4 and became the champion, caught the Lake Trio, and earned the National Dex. I also picked up my Eevee and have been working on catching Legendaries in Ramanas Park and other interesting Pokemon in the Grand Underground. I got a nice Cyndaquil and Treecko recently.

My championship team is:
Infernape - Fireman Sam
Torterra - Leonardo
Lucario - Goku
Gengar - Boo
Floatzel - Nya
Electabuzz - Static Shock

Most of my reserves have been sidelined for now so I could focus on preparing my core team for the Elite 4 and Cynthia. The only remaining "reserve" is my Scyther, Mantis, who I use when capturing new Pokemon.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Still resetting for Shiny Turtwig, I come across 2 shiny Starly….that couldn’t catch….but my starter hasn’t been shiny.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Well my plans this week have gone down the drain. Booked the week off work, was going to play Banjo Kazooie, however I’m still stuck resetting for a shiny Turtwig, and can’t come away from the game haha, I just can’t bring myself away from it so now half way through the week and it’s not here. If it ain’t here Friday for Legends Arceus, then I’ll accept defeat then

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Just made it to Pastoria City. Gonna look around some and maybe catch some Pokemon.

Caught some new Pokemon in the underground and one of my Pokemon evolved.

And caught a Wooper in the Great Marsh.

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
In Brilliant Diamond, I just got to the point where I can trade, and I also hatched the Manaphy Egg.

I plan to breed the Piplup, so I can get Empoleon early enough.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I currently have only three Pokemon left in my Pokedex left to register.

1. Empoleon (Need to breed BD Piplup)
2. Mantine (Mantyke after 8th gym)
3. Azelf (Plan to catch)

Edit: Azelf has since been caught. It's worse IV is its mid HP, but all of its stats are great with a perfect Attack, Sp. Attack and Speed.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Woot! Just got my 3rd badge... the Fen badge by defeating Crasher Wake.

Here's my team:

Carl - Luxray - lv 31
Mom - Pachirisu - lv 28
Blanche - Roselia - lv 27
Quake - Grotle - lv 29
Lil Stinker - Luxio - lv 28
Munch - Magnemite - lv 23

Originally had my Roselia out front and his Gyarados one shot me with Ice Fang. Made sure to save beforehand, so I reset and switched the order around a bit and put my Luxray out front. I figured it had decent def, sp def, speed, attack and sp attack... and could take hits ok.

It ended up being able to one shot Gyarados with thunderbolt. Then I switched out to my Grotle for his last two Pokemon. It was able to one shot them both with Razor Leaf.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Getting Strength from Byrons gym, i realised i never explored under Cycling road on route 206. They cant do anything to me since everything is level 15, but Summer evolved against the Onix Hiker. Took forever to find Mira, even with Repels. Grabbed a Gible on the way out, even though they are only level 15 too. You'd think the strength side of Wayward cave would have stronger pokemon. Also realised i could explore Fuego Ironworks with surf. Have no use for the 2 Firestones i found until after the Nation Dex, but i have them anyway. One last detour to the Basement of Oreburgh Gate, then it was off to Lake Valor. Summer wiped out all the Galactic Grunts and Yogi handled Saturn with Thunder Punches after Kadabra's Rain Dance. More of the same at Lake Verity, though Athena and Alaska handled the Grunts this time. The trip up to Snowpoint was an odd one. the trip through Mt Coronet was shorter than expected, just being 2 small rooms. For some reason i tried looking for Feebas, but gave up after 5 Barboach's. The snow on Route 216 doesn't seem to slow you down as much as i remember and Route 217 is just one patch of Grass before Acuity Lakefront.

Ended with Catching a new Medicham named Lies, and Trading for the Everstone Haunter.

Team
Alaska - Empoleon lvl 49
Athena - Magmortar lvl 49
Yogi - Medicham lvl 48
Dewdrop - Roserade lvl 49
Sword - Bastiodon lvl 48
Summer - Purugly lvl 44

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Getting Strength from Byrons gym, i realised i never explored under Cycling road on route 206. They cant do anything to me since everything is level 15, but Summer evolved against the Onix Hiker. Took forever to find Mira, even with Repels. Grabbed a Gible on the way out, even though they are only level 15 too. You'd think the strength side of Wayward cave would have stronger pokemon. Also realised i could explore Fuego Ironworks with surf. Have no use for the 2 Firestones i found until after the Nation Dex, but i have them anyway. One last detour to the Basement of Oreburgh Gate, then it was off to Lake Valor. Summer wiped out all the Galactic Grunts and Yogi handled Saturn with Thunder Punches after Kadabra's Rain Dance. More of the same at Lake Verity, though Athena and Alaska handled the Grunts this time. The trip up to Snowpoint was an odd one. the trip through Mt Coronet was shorter than expected, just being 2 small rooms. For some reason i tried looking for Feebas, but gave up after 5 Barboach's. The snow on Route 216 doesn't seem to slow you down as much as i remember and Route 217 is just one patch of Grass before Acuity Lakefront.

Ended with Catching a new Medicham named Lies, and Trading for the Everstone Haunter.

Team
Alaska - Empoleon lvl 49
Athena - Magmortar lvl 49
Yogi - Medicham lvl 48
Dewdrop - Roserade lvl 49
Sword - Bastiodon lvl 48
Summer - Purugly lvl 44
I thought 216 was also much better this time around. On the DS, the snow effect could be pretty hard to see through and it did seem like you were moving much slower that you should have been. If it was the speed you have when crossing the marshy areas around Pastoria, I’d excuse it but it always seemed like you were stuck in super slow motion and took twice as long as to get through the marshes.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Just got the Cobble badge (my 4th badge) from Maylene.

She gave my team a hard time... especially with her Lucario. Big thanks to Barbara, my Crobat, being able to use Air Cutter against it.

Was underleveled too.

Here's my team:

Hannibal - Staravia - lv 28
Charles - Girafarig - lv 28
Houdini - Kadabra - lv 29
Barbara - Crobat - lv 28
Daniel - Meditite - lv 27
Daisy - Murkrow - lv 29

Took on Team Galactic with the Professor's helper and got the TM for Fly.

Also caught a Hoothoot and a Cherubi.

Took on my rival today and beat him easily. Also beat a random Team Galactic grunt.

Tried catching an Aipom... but it was too much of a pain to bother with. Ran into the same problem trying to catch a Wingull.

Caught a Combee after it gave me a hard time and I caught a Scyther.

Also caught the other form of Shellos, the blue one. So now I have both it and the pink one.

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
So I tried a run with my Water-type challenge vs. the E4/Cynthia. Surprisingly the biggest hurdles were Bertha's Golem (Sturdy), Flint's Drifblim BatonPassing a single Minimize to his Infernape (which led to 6 misses in a row) and Lucian's Mr.Mime setting up screens..

But I overcame them all in a 5v5, without in battle item usages.

Then came Cynthia. I lead with Bibarel, set up and she switched. It managed to take out her Lucario of all things. Then came Roserade and it murdered my team. Should've seen that coming and I need to find an answer. Maybe SS-Lumineon+RainDance to guarantee the speed match-up into an IceBeam and replace SS-Floatzel's Dig with IceFang...

Continuing on:
SwiftSwim didn't bring me anywhere near defeating Cynthia's Roserade. Yes, I outsped, but Icebeam from Lumineon didn't kill, nor did the IceFang from Floatzel. As I was actually underlevelled per my own rules, I allowed myself to grind two more levels to match Lucian's ace: so my team went from 61 to 63 (and yes, I edged them to almost 64).

I have however found the answer after a couple of tries - and it wasn't what I thought it was going to be.

First thing I noted is that I lacked either Speed or damage output. I couldn't manage to beat Roserade with a +4 Quick Attack, so I opted for the SS-Floatzel and looked for options like BulkUp, but found it inaccessible until Postgame.

But then I saw 'BatonPass' among it's EggMoves...

I immediately switched mindsets and movesets entirely. Floatzel went from offensive to almost entirely support. I caught a male Buneary, trained it up until it learned BatonPass. I caught myself a female Buizel. They went into the daycare and had a female Buizel offspring and trained that one until it evolved in a Floatzel. I deleted Waterfall off OG-Floatzel's moveset in CanalaveCity while enjoying some interesting books in the library regarding a large spikey Qwilfish..

Then both went into the Daycare and OG-Floatzel came out having learned BatonPass. I then went to PastoriaCity and made it relearn Agility. I then went to VeilstoneCity and bought a few DoubleTeam TM's..

I went through the E4 like a champ. I realized that Flint's stinking Drifblim can't do anything if you Taunt it. Which HELPED a lot since +2 Evasion Infernape is a trainwreck even if my entire squad consists of Water-types.

But alright. I ended up at Cynthia again.. I rearranged a couple of movesets:
- Bibarel lost it staple QuickAttack and Rollout in favor of Bulldoze and Thief.
- Floatzel now had BatonPass, Agility, DoubleTeam and IceFang.
- Mantyke was turned into a MiloticWall with AirSlash, Blizzard, AquaRing and DoubleTeam.
- I taught Empoleon and Gastrodon Blizzard and IceBeam respectively, removing FlashCannon and AncientPower from their movesets. Lumineon went unchanged.

Needles to say, this was it. I saved after Lucian and decided if it wasn't going to work I'd call up the back-up save data, but I wasn't going to go through the hassle of the E4 in case something went wrong each time.. and boy it did.

Turns out +2 Evasion means I can miss six attacks in a row, but Cynthia still manages to go about screwing my strat over.

The strategy being leading with Floatzel, starting off with a DoubleTeam, taking an attack (or not), regaining a bit of health with a SitrusBerry, going for the Agility and depending on how much HP it had left either BatonPass to Bibarel.. or get greedy for more Evasion boosts.. and have Bibarel set-up a Simple SwordsDance (+4), regaining health with its SitrusBerry, Plucking the SitrusBerry from Spiritomb to regain more health back and sweep from there.

However, the Spiritomb kept hitting me, though one time I managed to set it up, but Bibarel only had 4hp left once the Roserade came out.. It died instantly, but Poisoned Bibarel so the sweep was cut short. Still went on trying and Empoleon finished Gastrodon, I swapped to my Gastrodon when she sent in her Lucario, it took her Lucario down due to a lucky SpDef-drop on the EarthPower mooting Cynthia's full restore. Milotic came out and I sacked my Gastrodon (which was a mistake I later realized (considering its ability is StormDrain)) and sent in Floatzel to BatonPass an Agility to Mantyke, which together with Lumineon completely drained Milotic's PP. But then came Garchomp.. Now, I only had a mostly PP-drained Mantyke without any DoubleTeams set-up. A Floatzel in the red, a burnt Lumineon without RainDance up - and my starter pretty much at full.

Needles to say - none of my team outsped Garchomp at that point. Mantyke managed to miss a Blizzard and hit one after barely hanging on with some HP, but the Yache-berry nerfed it. I hoped to be able to set up one last RainDance, but that proved futile for a Floatzel IceFang or Lumineon IceBeam.. But they got wrecked. Empoleon died last..

But then I tried again, managed to get 5 DoubleTeams up and the required Agility, BatonPassed to Bibarel and made it go to +6 Attack. Spiritomb went down without Bibarel having taken any damage. Roserade got 1hko'd without poisoning Bibarel. Lucario got Bulldozed into oblivion. Gastrodon survived a hit, but couldn't live a second Bulldoze. Milotic took a while (literally until Cynthia was done pouring Full Restore's into it) - and did manage to hit a few Scald's (which did worry me a bit considering the burn odds) - in any case, Bibarel pulled through and out came Garchomp. As long as I managed a single Bulldoze the rest of my team would've been able to handle him due to the speed drop, but it set up SwordsDance and then got KO'd with Bulldoze.

Yay! I swept Cynthia with a Bibarel!

Now I'm going to have to make a choice.
- Going for my first visit of the CrownTundra.
- Doing some BD-postgame.
- Starting LegendsArceus.

Edit: went for some short term PostGame-things. I went and met with Mesprit and caught Uxie and Azelf, completing the Sinnoh Dex. I went to Ramanas Park but everything is empty. I went to the Underground since they said it was tied togethed, but found nothing after half an hour of grinding on bulging... walls..

Things I've got to do:
- Manaphy Egg
- Rematch Gymleaders
- Go and explore the the BattleZone
- BattleTower?
- Try RamanasPark again.
- Maybe a shiny hunt with PokeRadar?

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I just beat Crasher Wake in Brilliant Diamond yesterday & I'm glad that the gym leaders are still a challenge, even after EV training my team. All of his pokemon were heavy hitters so I had to use some strategy to take them down (Gyarados & Floatzel especially). I even used my Manaphy for the final match and I was pretty close to losing, but I was able to take Floatzel out and win my third badge.

I'm taking a break right now to progress a little bit in Legends, but once I beat the second noble I'm heading for Valor Lakefront and Veilstone City to finally battle Maylene. I also bred a Stantler to act as a double for the Alpha I caught yesterday and it's perfect since it has the same gender, the same nature, and Intimidate for its ability. I'm planning on using it in rotation with my team until my Stantler in Legends evolves into a Wyrdeer so I can act as if it's going back & forth between both games.

Current Team (In Rotation):
  • Megumi (Monferno)- lv. 27
  • Mirai (Roselia)- lv. 28
  • Kenzo (Manaphy)- lv. 28
  • Charap (Chatot)- lv. 27
  • Taku (Cranidos)- lv. 28
  • Seiko (Gligar)- lv. 27
  • Dijon (Porygon2)- lv. 28
  • Inau (Stantler)- lv. 1

Last edited:

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Seeing as I can't buy Legends: Arceus until pay day at the end of this week, out of boredom I've been catching all of the Unowns in the Solaceon Ruins, and I've just finished catching all 28 of them today. At this point there's nothing more I want to do in the game until compatibility with Pokemon Home launches, whenever that will be. I now have enough small Mysterious Shards to buy one more Slate for Ramanas Park, but I don't know if I really have the motivation to do any more of that.

Missingno.Fan

I haven’t played BD in a while, but I’m training up to battle Maylene. I don’t really have anything good to use against her Lucario.

Also something weird happened yesterday. I ran into a wild Pokémon, but for some reason the game cut to a scene of my player character for a few seconds before the battle began. It totally caught me off guard.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
I haven’t played BD in a while, but I’m training up to battle Maylene. I don’t really have anything good to use against her Lucario.

Also something weird happened yesterday. I ran into a wild Pokémon, but for some reason the game cut to a scene of my player character for a few seconds before the battle began. It totally caught me off guard.
That means the pokemon you are facing has at least 2/3 perfect IV's amongst its stats.