• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon BDSP - Recent Happenings Thread

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I caught Darkrai today. It was fairly difficult, mainly because it used Double Team six times in a row so nothing could hit it, and when I did get it down to red health it popped out of almost all of my Ultra Balls and killed half my team, but I did manage to catch it on the first attempt. This is the last thing I was wanting to do in BD/SP, so now it's a waiting game until we get Pokemon Home compatibility.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Since my last post I've cleared up to Canalave City, which I haven't visited yet since I got distracted heading along the newly accessible Surf routes for additional levels and items. As you can see below, my team is cracked - Level 42 before even clearing Iron Island or the Canalave Gym is insane! I'm not a huge fan of forced Exp. Share anyway especially since they didn't re-balance Sinnoh with it in mind, but hey ho. This game was mainly a nostalgia experience anyway and I'll get my difficulty kick during the end-game and post-game. Hard to say how good my team is because of that, I've managed to use everyone fairly equally although Togetic, Roselia and Empoleon see slightly less usage compared to the other 3 team members which I'm working on correcting. Electabuzz and Magmar are super strong in this game and honestly a lot of that has been spamming STAB + Psychic, so maybe this is another game where Psychic types are pretty good?

Maylene was pretty easy - Togetic was outsped by Meditite who went for Light Screen, but Dazzling Gleam still 0HKOed. Machoke went down to a couple of Psychic attacks from Electabuzz whilst Magmar 2HKOed Lucario with Flamethrower even after tanking a Drain Punch. Crasher Wake was even easier, where Electabuzz (equipped with a Zap Plate since I thought his Gyarados had a Wacan Berry) 0HKOed Gyarados and Floatzel whilst Roselia one-shot Quagsire with Giga Drain. Fantina was also not a challenge (go figure) since Rhyhorn at -1 Attack 2HKOed Drifblim with Rock Blast and crit Gengar with Drill Run to one-shot it, with Mismagius being taken down by Thunderbolt from Electabuzz.

Besides that I've spent my 27 hours of game progress clearing the routes towards Ramanas Park, the caves around Jubilife City and the Fuego Ironworks for items (completely forgot you needed Strength to access TM Focus Punch and I think the Fist Plate in Oreburgh Gate) plus hunting for evolution items. Did you know Pickup works best after you KO wild Pokemon, rather than running up and down aimlessly? I didn't, until after 4hrs of nothing I watched a YouTube guide. Got my second Shiny Stone though for Roselia / Togetic! Also spent an hour spamming Dazzling Cave with my Super Luck Murkrow for a chance at an Electrizer, which I now also possess. Means I just need a Magmarizer and Protector for Magmar / Rhydon and my team can fully evolve! I'm saving it for after Iron Island but before the Canalave Gym, I think 5-6 badges is reasonable for unlocking a fully evolved team.

Brilliant Diamond Team:
395.png
Royal the Empoleon
Level 42 | Hardy Nature | Torrent
Surf / Ice Beam / Aqua Jet / Grass Knot

315.png
Bandit the Roselia
Level 42 | Lonely Nature | Natural Cure
Giga Drain / Shadow Ball / Dazzling Gleam / Grass Knot

126.png
Amaterasu the Magmar
Level 42 | Calm Nature | Flame Body
Flamethrower / Psychic / Mach Punch / Fire Punch

112.png
Titan the Rhydon
Level 42 | Brave Nature | Rock Head
Drill Run / Hammer Arm / Strength / Rock Blast

176.png
Virtue the Togetic
Level 43 | Gentle Nature | Serene Grace
Dazzling Gleam / Grass Knot / Yawn / Flamethrower

125.png
Raijin the Electabuzz
Level 42 | Rash Nature | Static
Thunderbolt / Low Kick / Fire Punch / Psychic

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I made my way up Mount Coronet today and defeated Team Galactic. Also caught Dialga. It surprised me. Only took 2 Ultra Balls. Thought it would take more than that. Named it Inkpen, the name that I named my old Diamond Version one.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Small update, but I've cleared up to the Snowpoint gym! I was able to get a Protector and Magmarizer from some nice folks on Reddit and the Discord which meant once I cleared Iron Island and obtained my second Shiny Stone my entire team was able to fully evolve! It doesn't help how broken my team is thanks to the level gap, but hey ho.

Byron was a joke - Magmortar roasted Bronzor with Flamethrower, Rhyperior tanked Steelix's hits with ease and 2HKOed with Drill Run and Bastiodon was 3HKOed by Electivire's Thunderbolt thanks to Sitrus Berry. Candice was no better - everything was a one-shot where Empoleon took down Snover, Roserade took down Sneasel, Togekiss beat Medicham and Magmortar destroyed Abomasnow. The level cap and the higher BST of my team does not exactly make the game difficult so far, but hopefully challenge comes by the end game.

Besides that all I've done is clear out Wayward Cave for the Earthquake TM, return to Oreburgh Gate for Focus Punch and the Earth Plate (not the Fist Plate like I expected) and wandered around aimlessly. Next stop is the Galactic Warehouse I think, back into the next slog of the game! So many Bronzor and Zubat/Golbat incoming...

Brilliant Diamond Team:
395.png
Royal the Empoleon
Level 48 | Hardy Nature | Torrent
Surf / Ice Beam / Grass Knot / Flash Cannon

407.png
Bandit the Roserade
Level 48 | Lonely Nature | Natural Cure
Giga Drain / Shadow Ball / Dazzling Gleam / Grass Knot

467.png
Amaterasu the Magmortar
Level 48 | Calm Nature | Flame Body
Flamethrower / Psychic / Mach Punch / Thunderbolt

464.png
Titan the Rhyperior
Level 48 | Brave Nature | Solid Rock
Earthquake / Hammer Arm / Strength / Rock Blast

468.png
Virtue the Togekiss
Level 49 | Gentle Nature | Serene Grace
Dazzling Gleam / Grass Knot / Flamethrower / Air Slash

466.png
Raijin the Electivire
Level 48 | Rash Nature | Motor Drive
Thunderbolt / Ice Punch / Earthquake / Psychic

Last edited:

Phil Rohan

Thing I learned today: If you enter the Grand Underground next to Dr Footstep's house on Route 213, you end up in a different section than if you enter next to the entrance to Grand Lake Hotel. So the southeastern section can be accessed earlier than I thought, which is nice.

Missingno.Fan

I caught Dialga today. I hadn’t played the game in a long time. I totally didn’t realize that they changed its catch rate. I was wondering why it too 15+ Ultra Balls and every Timer Ball I had.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Last week I started breeding for a jolly Sneasel in hopes to use it later. About 8 eggs in I realized it got Knock Off as a transfer only move. So I then went into my HeartGold game where I encountered a random shiny Sneasel which I managed to snag in a moon ball. Upon checking the lucky catch I saw it had a jolly nature. Score! Fast forward to tonight where I finish up hatching the eggs I was working on and egg number 8 was shiny! So I managed two shiny Sneasel in one week with two different games. At this rate I feel like I should go out and buy a lottery ticket.

Pokemon Power

Sigh, nearly half a year, and STILL no Pokemon Home support. Their social accounts are gonna flooded with comments and replies saying, "What's taking so long?" and "Why can't I move my old Pokemon over?". My bet, there's something big about the Home compatibility update that they are intentionally hiding until the time is right in hopes that they can break the internet.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Sigh, nearly half a year, and STILL no Pokemon Home support. Their social accounts are gonna flooded with comments and replies saying, "What's taking so long?" and "Why can't I move my old Pokemon over?. My bet, there's something big about the Home compatibility update that they are intentionally hiding until the time is right in hopes that they can break the internet.
My guess is that the update will be released the same day as the next trailer is dropped.

Captain Jigglypuff

Next trailer for what?
Scarlet and Violet of course. We’re due for the usual lat spring/early summer trailer that tells us a little bit about the region. It’s the trailer for every new main series game (and Legends Arceus) that appears in the middle of a Pokémon presentation.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Scarlet and Violet of course. We’re due for the usual lat spring/early summer trailer that tells us a little bit about the region. It’s the trailer for every new main series game (and Legends Arceus) that appears in the middle of a Pokémon presentation.
I was thinking about this the other day, it has been a fairly long time since that first Scarlet and Violet trailer, so it would be nice if another Pokemon Direct is coming along soon. An announcement on Pokemon Home support would probably be the motivation I need to do another playthrough of BD/SP or do more Legends: Arceus, because I've barely touched either game for a couple of weeks at this point.

SoraFan23

Generation 4 was how I got into Pokémon
I finally beaten the game after getting losing 20 times to Cynthia. Seriously it was just as hard as I remembered it being

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Just got wiped out after trying to go against the Elite 4. (In the rematches before they get the second upgrade after catching heatran)
Lost so hard against Bertha it almost makes me want to get rid of my copy of Brilliant Diamond. Leveling against other lvl 60-ish pokemon is a big slog now and almost impossible without massive patience even with Exp Share.

Captain Jigglypuff

I bred for two Spiritomb and sent over the original to Arceus so I can try to complete the Dex in order to get the Azure Flute in BD. As for the Sinnoh Dex, I am about 80% complete and all of them I have in Arceus or are easily obtainable. I just need to change Palkia back to its normal form. As for Feebas, I still have one more Egg to hatch and I and going to try to breed for one that likes Dry Poffins with the Milotic I transferred from Home.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Emptied half my home box into diamond to free up space. Went to drop my specially bred absol into diamond to find its moveset would entirely change. Bit frustrating since it was setup to be a false swipe legend catcher.

Pokefan_1987

Found something important. The gift pokemon (Oshawott Rowlet and Cyndaquill) from pokemon mobile pokemon home all have their hidden abilities Flash Fire and Long Reach but poor Oshawott can't use it since he is not compatible with BDSP or Gen 8

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

Emptied half my home box into diamond to free up space. Went to drop my specially bred Absol into diamond to find its moveset would entirely change. Bit frustrating since it was setup to be a false swipe legend catcher.
Sceptile can learn False Swipe naturally by leveling up...and most moves can be found. Luckily Veilstone Department Store had Ice Beam and Dazzling Gleam for my shiny Mew.

But i can't find spare copies of Shadow Ball or TR Surf anywhere for my Water pokemon and i have a lot of them that i want to be able to use it. instead of Hydro Pump abysmal accuracy. I know Surf is a crutch move but it's a good one.
Scald isn't a that strong alternative into the late game and Hydro Cannon is also only available for starters but use it at the wrong time and your opponent gets a good hit in while you recharge.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

Most of the moves can be found. Veilstone Department Store had Ice Beam and Dazzling Gleam for my shiny Mew. But i can't find spare copies of Shadow Ball or TR Surf anywhere for my Water pokemon (Not the HM move application) and i have a lot of them that i want to use it on instead of Hydro Pump abysmal accuracy.
The Underground has a trader that usually has TMs that change daily. I’ve gotten a few of the harder to find TMs from him. You want to look for the Hiker NPC and have plenty of Spheres for the trade.